Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

got a refund, you can as well.

Comments

• CalvenCalven Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by dbgager
    Originally posted by g0m0rrah
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by Calven

The fact that you even logged in and played the game means that you should not get your money back...You used the product...whether you are happy with it or not in inconsequential.

Bashing  the company and spamming forums with hate messages against them after they actually had the class to refund your money when they are not legally bound to do so just shows you are a very spoiled individual. Just ..shut your mouth and be happy at your fortune..

After thinking about this a little more however. I do not see how this is possible. since they issued you a key,,,You can be sure that key has now been Perma banned. DOn't think you will ever be able to use it. All you really did was stop payment on them..

So the moment you purchase something it becomes non-refundable? Then what is the idea of a refund? If you purchase a flat screen TV and it just won't work then your forced to live with it? You do realise that refunds exists to aid the customers against companies who would otherwise exploit them, right?

Check out Best Buy sometime.  Look at their return policy.  You can only return a TV for refund if it working perfectly.  If it is defective, broken for any reason, they will tell you to contact the manufacturer for help.

I ran into this problem with a HP scanner printer I bought, took it home the glass on the scanner was cracked in two, I took it back and they didn't want to refund my money.  Said I must have broke it.  We had a severe discussion in which I eventually prevailed, but I told them I would never buy any electronics of expense without taking it out of the box up at customer service, and I actually have done so on two occasions.

So no, the store does not have to refund your money, you may end up dealing with the manufacturer.

Which makes perfect sense ..since Best Buy is not responsible for damage or building errors that could have occured in the factory. Thats just basic common sense..All Manufacturers provide warrantys for a reason. What do people not understand about that concept.

Whats to understand. I purchased a product from you and I wont be able to use it until the manufacturer ships me a new one?  Its just as likely that the TV was broken while it sat in the back of the store for the last 4 months than it was when it was shipped to the store and regardless I purchased a product from you and the product doesnt work out of the box.  If after a week or month of viewing the power supply blew, yea I would simply go oh well its probably defective and call the manufacturer.  I do not think its asking much that a product work out of the box.

What you expect is your problem. Buy at your own risk. Fact oif the matter is some sellers do it but they are not by law required to do so..So thank your lucky stars when they do..

Since I'm not an American I can't say what procedures are correct over there. Where I'm from, however, companies are required to refund or repair damaged ar faulty products. They can't pass you on to the manufacturer but they can inform, and most often will, you on how to contact the manufacturer directly, thereby saving you some time.  I don't have to thank my lucky star.. I have to thank the system that protects both the customer and the companies/manufacturers  and not just the latter. And I feel sorry for you if you have to pray for luck every time you buy something.

• iceashiceash Member Posts: 21

After having lot's of issues from

Lag or bad programming that constantly would allow my character to move until the server caught up and character ended up dead:

ability animations working but no effect on the world:

bugged quests:

Passives stopping:

Falling through world:

Due to roaming IP address having to wait hours for an access code:

Loss off speech from NPC's:

etc etc etc.

I contacted zenimax to complain and i asked them for a refund, which they were kind enough to provide,  now some ppl seemed to not be having the issues i was having but for me it was a mess so in the end Zenimax seemed to realise that in my case there was nothing that could be done, but to go our seperate way.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065

You have 45 days with Paypal......done.

-------------------------------------------------------

We have concluded our investigation into your claim.

Seller's Name: Zenimax Online Studios
    Seller's Email: [email protected]
    Seller's Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXX

Transaction Date: Mar 11, 2014
    Transaction Amount: -$79.99 USD
    Invoice ID: XXXXXX
    Your Transaction ID: XXXXXX
    Case Number: XXXXXX4

Buyer's Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXX

You have received a refund via PayPal in the amount of $79.99 USD.

Sincerely,

Protection Services Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
    will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
    and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • SpriggenSpriggen Member Posts: 21
    OP
    There is no hope with some people. One of the guys in my clan started to play with us during early access and the quest with the priestess was bugged. Me and few others decided to go kill world Boss and do some public dungeons, the one dude rage qunit coz of that bug. Having seen him in eso again.

I'd say something to him like come again and play, not many bugs now but he has the worst case of superiority complex.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by abeltensor
    Originally posted by Adokas

Good for you. :-) Can't say I've experienced that many bugs. I've fallen through the world one time, and bumped into maybe 4-5 bugged quests, that have since gotten fixed. But eh, as I said, good for you. If you're unhappy with it, then it is indeed best to get a refund and not play anymore.

Youve been forunate.  I got to Vr5 in less than a week but was stuck because the main quest bugged out and wouldnt allow me to progress.  In my quest to try to correct this issue, i found numerous other people with the same exact bug, including force that dude from youtube.  I also found people in other situations where they couldn't even complete the original quest and get to level 50.    

Wait, so you got to level 50 VR5 and you requested a refund.

I am speechless. You are abusing chargebacks/paypal cancellation. It's like beating a single player game adn wanting a refund after that. How many hours did you play? 200?

How people think that someone who played for 100-200 hours deserves a refund is beyond me. It's just pathetic.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• CoffeeBreakCoffeeBreak Member Posts: 236
    Originally posted by Malabooga

yes, kudos to OP to vote with his wallet, if only more people would do that. Fanbois are scourge of MMOs.

Pretty much ANYONE who finds level of quality unacceptable should ask for a refund. In EU and USA you will definitely get one.

And if someone asks themselves what a good company policy is: ANet had 6 months refund policy on GW2, no questions asked.

And i dont really know why Steam is mentioned, as in EU you can legally resell any Steam game you want (in fact its the law, Steam HAS to let you do it), its not a refund but its pretty close.

TOS in most cases serves as bunch of nonsense to scare kids/unaware people, kinda like boogie-man.

I hate to interrupt your [Kitten]ing but not everyone is having lots of bug issues.  If someone doesn't encounter tons of bugs and their game plays fine it doesn't make them a "fanboi".  

Then again I don't have most of the issues the whiners have in most new mmos, but I'm not a console gamer that expects a PC to work perfectly without any kind of maintenance, updates, or upgrades.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by fivoroth

Good for you. :-) Can't say I've experienced that many bugs. I've fallen through the world one time, and bumped into maybe 4-5 bugged quests, that have since gotten fixed. But eh, as I said, good for you. If you're unhappy with it, then it is indeed best to get a refund and not play anymore.

Youve been forunate.  I got to Vr5 in less than a week but was stuck because the main quest bugged out and wouldnt allow me to progress.  In my quest to try to correct this issue, i found numerous other people with the same exact bug, including force that dude from youtube.  I also found people in other situations where they couldn't even complete the original quest and get to level 50.    

I am speechless. You are abusing chargebacks/paypal cancellation. It's like beating a single player game adn wanting a refund after that. How many hours did you play? 200?

How people think that someone who played for 100-200 hours deserves a refund is beyond me. It's just pathetic.

I'm old, over 50. To me this all seems somehow just wrong and it's just another form of thievery. It's like going into McDonalds and eating every thing but one French Fry and asking for a refund. "It was pretty good, but I'm full now and want my money back". 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Amjoco

I'm old, over 50. To me this all seems somehow just wrong and it's just another form of thievery. It's like going into McDonalds and eating every thing but one French Fry and asking for a refund. "It was pretty good, but I'm full now and want my money back". 

Only if you puke it up image

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• RawasaRawasa Member UncommonPosts: 37

So the OP is being flamed for using his law given rights? MMOs are meant to be played for months even years therefore getting a refund after 3 weeks is not bad.

Paid for a product, played it,couldn't progress any further in said product, gets a refund.

The account gets closed (not deleted)

and can only be reopened with a re-purchase

OP has no access to the account.

Any problems? no. did he do anything wrong? no.

If the problem gets fixed will he re-purchase the game? his choice.

Did he say get a refund and never buy this game? nope. is he waiting for them to fix the game then spend HIS money on it? up to him. POWER TO THE CONSUMER!

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Rawasa

So the OP is being flamed for using his law given rights? MMOs are meant to be played for months even years therefore getting a refund after 3 weeks is not bad.

Paid for a product, played it,couldn't progress any further in said product, gets a refund.

The account gets closed (not deleted)

and can only be reopened with a re-purchase

OP has no access to the account.

Any problems? no. did he do anything wrong? no.

If the problem gets fixed will he re-purchase the game? his choice.

Did he say get a refund and never buy this game? nope. is he waiting for them to fix the game then spend HIS money on it? up to him. POWER TO THE CONSUMER!

People don't really believe this SHIT do they ? I mean if you just tell ten little lies does the first one actually come true?

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

Well, congrats on abusing refunds and making it more difficult for everyone that has a real issue with a product.

'Not being able to progress' is different from 'not being able to progress as fast as I want'. The game does have bugs, as with any launch, but if you expect perfection, online gaming is not for you.

Finally, getting a refund is not an arcane secret used as an artifact against the evil corporations. It is a pedestrian consumer measure, and you have lots of ways of doing it. But it is a right, and as such, it must be used responsibly. Playing non-stop for 3 weeks, at least in my book, qualifies as enjoying and using a product.

• Random_mageRandom_mage Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    What I think the majority of the folks reading this are missing is: wait for it.... He is attempting to incite contempt in the populous. He is hiding his intentions behind being a "good summariton". By proving information on getting a refund (which doesn't apply to everyone, mind you), he is voicing his own dissatisfaction with a product that he used extensively. I find is much akin to finding a skittle without a letter on it, and demanding a refund. Although the majority of the bag is finished, he can not truly finish the bag of perfect skittles!

Good riddens to bad rubbish. I have yet to find a game without a bug.

Currently playing Real Life..

http://i36.tinypic.com/2uyod3k.gif

For all your stalking needs..
    http://www.plurk.com/Random_

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I couldn't disagree more. This is an MMORPG. A game where the idea is to call it home for a number of months if not a few years. 100 hrs in an MMORPG shouldn't be enough to scratch the surface. 

Here's why the restaurant analogy doesn't work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug75diEyiA0

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977

Nope, its like eating Your big mac and find hair in the middle of it.

Of course youre f*****g entitled to refund AND a free meal on TOP of that (provided you are kind enough to not call the inspection to close the shop and check on sanitation conditions)

Of course youre f*****g entitled to refund AND a free meal on TOP of that (provided you are kind enough to not call the inspection to close the shop and check on sanitation conditions)

I think you got lost in my analogy. I meant he had eaten everything except one french fry and wanted his money back. You can't play games for hours and hours and then expect a refund. It is stealing imho. You may not think that way, but that is my personal belief. I was raised that way and I raised my children that way as well. I'm hoping honesty gets past down through at least my little part of the world to my Grandkids and so on. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by StrixMaxima

Well, congrats on abusing refunds and making it more difficult for everyone that has a real issue with a product.

'Not being able to progress' is different from 'not being able to progress as fast as I want'. The game does have bugs, as with any launch, but if you expect perfection, online gaming is not for you.

Finally, getting a refund is not an arcane secret used as an artifact against the evil corporations. It is a pedestrian consumer measure, and you have lots of ways of doing it. But it is a right, and as such, it must be used responsibly. Playing non-stop for 3 weeks, at least in my book, qualifies as enjoying and using a product.

Before commenting on the matter please atleast read what the OP stated, he said he played for a week and encountered the bug that is stopping him from progressing which he sought to wait for 2 weeks to see if zenimax would fix. They didnt. Therefore even after sending in support tickets and getting no help, he refunded. He was enjoying the product and using it but if you don't do that then how would you know there is a problem with it? if you don't use and enjoy your PS3/PS4 and any other product then you would never know if it has a fault.

I think you got lost in my analogy. I meant he had eaten everything except one french fry and wanted his money back. You can't play games for hours and hours and then expect a refund. It is stealing imho. You may not think that way, but that is my personal belief. I was raised that way and I raised my children that way as well. I'm hoping honesty gets past down through at least my little part of the world to my Grandkids and so on. 

half of the game is half of the game, how many hours that is is completely irrelevant.

If i go to movies and projector breakes at half the movie 8roughly 1 hour) -> refund

If i go to movies for advertised 8 hours marathon and projector breakes at hour 5 -> refund.

Its very simple.

half of the game is half of the game, how many hours that is is completely irrelevant.

If i go to movies and projector breakes at half the movie 8roughly 1 hour) -> refund

If i go to movies for advertised 8 hours marathon and projector breakes at hour 5 -> refund.

Its very simple.

After 10 years of playing WoW it still has bugs. I should ask for a refund I guess. 

Its very simple.

After 10 years of playing WoW it still has bugs. I should ask for a refund I guess. 

If legislative says you can and you find level of quality unacceptable - go ahead.

Its very simple.

If legislative says you can and you find level of quality unacceptable - go ahead.

What I find disturbing in all of this, is that by defending these corporations, and condemning the consumers, we are clearly sending a message that it's OK for companies to produce this unfinished crap. If the product is defective, broekn or incomplete, the consumer didn't get what he paid for, he's due a refund. This isn't dependent on any "fun factor".

Video game developers need to start releasing games only after they are ready. But as long as there will be fans willing to tear up anyone who suggest waiting for "thier" game, then companies will continue to do this. Just look at SoE and Trion now. Charging money to have access to games in Alpha state. HOLY SHIT, how far have we slid in the QA dept?

What's goign to happen in the future? By the time the game is released, the companies will have already made their money, no one will give a shit what the game's like since everyone's already been playing it for two years and the quality will be shit because everyone was playing it in Alpha so there is no responsibility on behalf of the developer to produce a quality produt.

MMO betas are already a joke......ESO case in point.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

Before commenting on the matter please atleast read what the OP stated, he said he played for a week and encountered the bug that is stopping him from progressing which he sought to wait for 2 weeks to see if zenimax would fix. They didnt. Therefore even after sending in support tickets and getting no help, he refunded. He was enjoying the product and using it but if you don't do that then how would you know there is a problem with it? if you don't use and enjoy your PS3/PS4 and any other product then you would never know if it has a fault.

I read the part where he got to L5 in 40 hours didn't you ? .....so when you bullshit about one fact you actually bullshit about everything ,,,I'm sure the op doesn't play anymore just the real reason seems to be in a fog

Originally posted by Bad.dog

I read the part where he got to L5 in 40 hours didn't you ? .....so when you bullshit about one fact you actually bullshit about everything ,,,I'm sure the op doesn't play anymore just the real reason seems to be in a fog

I really don't see the logic of your argument.

Originally posted by Bad.dog

You very blatantly dismissed every reason the OP gave that didn't line up with your assumption, citing some other reason like being able to dismiss any "facts" based on any one other fact you decide is "Bull Shit". Facts don't work that way. You don't get to dismiss any facts, even if they sit next to something that isn't. It was your final sentence in your post that is really telling. "I'm sure the OP doesn't play anymore"  That statement is the crux of your entire argument and you made that up. All the other "facts" you looked at only mean to support that assumption. The OP gave his reasons for not playing and you decided to superimpose your own reasons why the OP "probably" stopped playing so you could condemn him. If OP's lying you have to catch him in one. Otherwise, you got nothing.

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Its very simple.

What I find disturbing in all of this, is that by defending these corporations, and condemning the consumers, we are clearly sending a message that it's OK for companies to produce this unfinished crap. If the product is defective, broekn or incomplete, the consumer didn't get what he paid for, he's due a refund. This isn't dependent on any "fun factor".

Video game developers need to start releasing games only after they are ready. But as long as there will be fans willing to tear up anyone who suggest waiting for "thier" game, then companies will continue to do this. Just look at SoE and Trion now. Charging money to have access to games in Alpha state. HOLY SHIT, how far have we slid in the QA dept?

What's goign to happen in the future? By the time the game is released, the companies will have already made their money, no one will give a shit what the game's like since everyone's already been playing it for two years and the quality will be shit because everyone was playing it in Alpha so there is no responsibility on behalf of the developer to produce a quality produt.

MMO betas are already a joke......ESO case in point.

Yeah, but its funny though, on one hand they spew "vote with your wallet" but when you actually do vote with your wallet they swarm on you al the way to accusing you for stealing lol

But also, ive been saying that the "fans" get games exactly as they deserve them - as one huge mess. But OTOH, i dont mind them paying for beta testing (read: playing at launch) as when actually game gets fixed it goes F2P so i can play it without paying and all nice and fixed. If i were them i would ask myself some things, but i have a great deal this way so, in the end, why bother ;)

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451

For those of you who do truly believe this game is trash or got stuck on a quest for 4 weeks or just feel like the game has no future but bought it in the hopes that it was not what you hoped, you are in luck.   Yesterday i filed a claim with paypal regarding my purchase of Elder scrolls online, today i was informed that i would receive a full refund.   This only really works through paypal so anyone who didnt use it, im sorry youd have to contact your visa card or whatever and attempt to speak with them about the problems. 

For the past 2 weeks, my character was unable to progress due to a game breaking bug in the quest system in the VR of this game.  After many attempts to report this bug and scams of the forms and bug reports that found people who were affected by the same bug, i just decided to give the refund thing a shot on paypal.  Zenimax luckly gave their refund decision to paypal them selves rather then have it go directly to their own company.  This is good news for anyone who doesnt like the game and wants a refund before their free month is finished.   All you really need to do is claim that the game is falsely advertised and doesnt allow you to progress.  For me this is all true, it was falsely advertised that i would be able to play in cyridil but i was not because it would crash every time i would attempt to zone into it and nor could I complete a fantastic story line in ESO because of numerous game breaking bugs and then of course the one that eventually stopped me from gettng to the next zone for 2 weeks.  

Dont allow Zenimax to get away with this backwards game and their bad marketing/horrible support.  If you dont like the game, return it.  It sets a horrible precedent if you let a company like this walk all over you after they release a game that surely should have stayed in development for another year at least.   This is a serious post btw, this is something i actually did, and anyone who his stuck or just generally unsatisfied with the game should follow suit.  

For anyone who doesnt believe that this is real, i will enclose the email showing the refund if i have to.  Im not a troll, i really did do this.  This game is an insult to its entire playerbase and any mmogamer.  Its a bad precedent to let a company get away with a sub fee game that also includes pay walls and one that isnt finished by a long shot at that.  

Edit: Just for all the flamers to flame some more, i think this is probably the first game I've returned in almost 10 years now.  Its not like i think its ok to go on steam play an entire game and return it.  If any of you bought a game like warz for example, did you return it?  and if you didn't do you condemn the people who did?  just something to think about.   

Anyhow ive got to run, going to get my wildstar preorder ready so i can refund it later... 

Tried it got this response from paypal 

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Unfortunately, PayPal was not able to resolve the dispute between the two parties due to the item purchased being virtual or intangible. This included, downloads, online games and memberships to name a few. As a result, PayPal has taken no action on either account at this time. 

So I think you are a liar . Try what he suggests and you will see how much of a liar  the OP is as you will most likely get the same response . 

I'm not trying to defend the game I think there are some poor design choices in it and I wish I could get my money back but this whole thread has been set up to troll the game .