Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Founder's Packs Available NOW

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Disappointing Trion... at least it looks like it's going to have similar FTP model to Rift.. which basically means we're getting a totally free game once it's released.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • wangkomwangkom Member Posts: 119
    Trion can call this game "Free to Play" all they want, but it is not free to play, as a free to play you cannot enjoy the full content of the game, you can also kiss good buy to try and craft, because your labor points will roll in so damn slow you would be dead before you had enough to get your crafting pass 10k.
  • TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Rediculous amount of money for a game that is still in alpha. Please don't buy into this! Companies need to learn there is a limit to what fans of a game are willing to do. Sadly I am beginning to see F2P and kick starters as quick money grabs now. :(
  • Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    After trying paid early access on a couple of games, just don't.  Early access initiatives have evolved into a way for companies to bring pre-order culture to F2P games and it is quickly turning into a questionable practice.
  • Greekian122Greekian122 Member Posts: 1
    150$ gets u into alpha, it's April and triton will be releasing the game closer to the end of 2014 that's 5-6 months of patron/premium status, plus 3 months after release, you can buy patron status with in game currency so that 75$ you get buys you at least 2 months, almost a full year for 150$ if you plan to buy premium then buying the pack shouldn't be much of a issue. It is 180 for 12 months, your getting 2 months free if u buy it, and a glider you don't have to quest for.
  • Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by wangkom
    Trion can call this game "Free to Play" all they want, but it is not free to play, as a free to play you cannot enjoy the full content of the game, you can also kiss good buy to try and craft, because your labor points will roll in so damn slow you would be dead before you had enough to get your crafting pass 10k.

The labor point regen remains to be still tweaked according to Trion twitch streams.

None of us know how it will work for free players when the game launches - so any conclusion made right now is pure speculation.

There are no indication that LP regen system in trion AA will be the same for Patron and F2P.

So speculating that they would do differently from Korean and Russian version just to label this game as F2P - is simply scamming your readers.

Wangkom described perefectly what you are getting in your F2P AA - bascily nothing.

ArcheAge is a Subscription based game. Always have been always will be. - Everyone who says otherwise, is just trying to scam you guys.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

50 bucks for the cheapest option is a total rip off. Thats the price of a new game ready to release. Alpha and beta testing becoming part of the business model is sad, sadder is the level people are willing to pay. 

Go download a IP spoofer, download the RU AA game and play now for free, just saved you 150 bucks!!!!!

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

50 bucks for the cheapest option is a total rip off. Thats the price of a new game ready to release. Alpha and beta testing becoming part of the business model is sad, sadder is the level people are willing to pay. 

Go download a IP spoofer, download the RU AA game and play now for free, just saved you 150 bucks!!!!!

And 150 is close to the price of a Collected Edition or Lifetime Sub Account.

The sad part is you are not really getting anything special for the money you spend.  This is crazy. What is going on here?

• DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424

I still don't see the issue. From what i know, everything is available to players in the release version, which will be F2P. So, it's not a paywall. If i'm missing something, then sorry about that.

Also, while i do agree it could be cheaper, it's just for alpha and beta. My problem isn't even the price, it's companies being more interested in treating their alphas and betas as demos instead of doing the proper thing and, you know, TEST the game to make sure the release is good. Whether it's free beta keys, payed alphas, whatever, it's just companies not paying attention ot the real problem.

Originally posted by DEAD.line

I still don't see the issue. From what i know, everything is available to players in the release version, which will be F2P. So, it's not a paywall. If i'm missing something, then sorry about that.

Also, while i do agree it could be cheaper, it's just for alpha and beta. My problem isn't even the price, it's companies being more interested in treating their alphas and betas as demos instead of doing the proper thing and, you know, TEST the game to make sure the release is good. Whether it's free beta keys, payed alphas, whatever, it's just companies not paying attention ot the real problem.

What you are missing is 150-200 bucks is what companies charge for life time packages, where you never pay a sub again. Often comes with goodies as well. 50 bucks for the low end option is what new games ready to release charge for a fully functioning game. AA has been out for years and has been fully tested. What are we testing here? To make sure the english parts of the game work. So this will be a shorter process then say SoE/Landmarks testing. That at least has a 19.99 option. This is nothing but a money grab that gives very little to the gamer. 

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Is there a way for some1 in EU to pay for it in dollars? Cause it's quite big difference between the euro and the dollar in the different packages.
  • CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274
    Originally posted by Jonas_SG
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by wangkom

The labor point regen remains to be still tweaked according to Trion twitch streams.

None of us know how it will work for free players when the game launches - so any conclusion made right now is pure speculation.

There are no indication that LP regen system in trion AA will be the same for Patron and F2P.

So speculating that they would do differently from Korean and Russian version just to label this game as F2P - is simply scamming your readers.

Wangkom described perefectly what you are getting in your F2P AA - bascily nothing.

ArcheAge is a Subscription based game. Always have been always will be. - Everyone who says otherwise, is just trying to scam you guys.

Dont know where you get your information but its a free to play which they will have a subscription in the game as well. Similar to how LOTRO, SWTOR, and every other F2P game is right now...

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/04/03/archeage-faq-mentions-testing-plans-optional-subscription-and/

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322
    its not a bad game but its AA not AAA I will not pay money for this game and I played it.
  • CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274

What you are missing is 150-200 bucks is what companies charge for life time packages, where you never pay a sub again. Often comes with goodies as well. 50 bucks for the low end option is what new games ready to release charge for a fully functioning game. AA has been out for years and has been fully tested. What are we testing here? To make sure the english parts of the game work. So this will be a shorter process then say SoE/Landmarks testing. That at least has a 19.99 option. This is nothing but a money grab that gives very little to the gamer. 

ESO charged $60 so its not the price of a fully functional game anymore...

Originally posted by Creatorzim

ESO charged $60 so its not the price of a fully functional game anymore...

LOL, ESO making a broken game has nothing to do with my point. ESO needs to pull a FF14 and get reworked lol.

• DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424

I still don't see the issue. Lifetime subs are just to get a huge price cut, but, they are indeed sub based games.

AA is F2P, so you don't pay a box or a sub to enjoy the game. Some things might be cut off like housing, but that's understandable. Again, from what i can tell, there's no P2W or massive advantage here, do what's the issue?

The only real reason i can see anyone buying this is to get into alpha or beta. But, you don't need to get into alpha or beta. And more importantly, you shouldn't. Like i said, that should be used for testing, and, like you said, AA as already been released, so, hopefully, aslong as the game is functional and not broken, nobody needs to get into alpha and "demo" the game, since the release version is free.

We're not being paywalled, no box, no sub, only a few small boots to paying players and there's also a discount in in-game money, so it's less than 100$ for all versions apparently. 

Also, i'm european too, and we never get proper convertion rates in video games.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

I still don't see the issue. Lifetime subs are just to get a huge price cut, but, they are indeed sub based games.

AA is F2P, so you don't pay a box or a sub to enjoy the game. Some things might be cut off like housing, but that's understandable. Again, from what i can tell, there's no P2W or massive advantage here, do what's the issue?

The only real reason i can see anyone buying this is to get into alpha or beta. But, you don't need to get into alpha or beta. And more importantly, you shouldn't. Like i said, that should be used for testing, and, like you said, AA as already been released, so, hopefully, aslong as the game is functional and not broken, nobody needs to get into alpha and "demo" the game, since the release version is free.

We're not being paywalled, no box, no sub, only a few small boots to paying players and there's also a discount in in-game money, so it's less than 100$ for all versions apparently. 

Also, i'm european too, and we never get proper convertion rates in video games.

Excuse me, there is no such thing as free to play.  Every time I see a naïve person use the word free, I wince.  If you want to play a game like this, expect you will be paying out money.  Most of the Korean and Chinese games it means a lot of money.

That is why I steer away from anything with the f2p moniker.   At least with a sub game I know what I am spending my money on,   f2p is just a fad, people will tire of getting bilked for far more money than a subscription costs. 

I hope Trion is prepared for all the very negative publicity they will derive from this game for the prices they are charging.  If you were waiting for this game, I feel sorry for you. 

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    People that pay for this are either very rich or very dumb.  I still plan on playing the game and subing when it releases.  I wouldn't touch any of these founders packs with a ten foot pole.  How long can the game possibly be in "alpha" or "beta"...it's already done.

It's not " Some things that you get cut off from " - it's every important thing in the game.

Sub is the only viable way to generate LP - which is the only way to craft - trade in this game.

And crafting will provide you not only with lots of fluff stuff for your House and farm, but also only way to get the best armor in the game.

This is a Open World PvP game - best Armor = win.

So if you want to win =  go Sub.  Want to be someone's target practise = go F2P.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Mardukk
    People that pay for this are either very rich or very dumb.  I still plan on playing the game and subing when it releases.  I wouldn't touch any of these founders packs with a ten foot pole.  How long can the game possibly be in "alpha" or "beta"...it's already done.

Or both. Well this is the state of PC MMO's now. Really sickens me. I see a few posters actually have paid into this garbage and no not the game the actual packs. All this for a F2P game ? Well bring back subb and box price for all MMO's everything has gone to pot! How do you, the people who have bought into alpha or beta justify paying to test a game ? I guess you are all young people who are clueless to what you are spending your money on ?

People said SWTOR was/is a cash grab , well just look at recent MMO's , Neverwinter , EQ:NL & now this game , ha ha , is this the future ? I bloody hope not , WAKE the hell up gamers!

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Wow! Just .. wow! 

First, was the "road" AA has taken since release ( in Korea - Cars, modern cloths, disco's , possibility to add real pictures , Guns, Airplanes , SF Spacecrafts , etc ). 

Then it was the wait ( thanks to Trion ) .

Now they want to show some love to customers , thanks to Trion and thanks to the kids with big pockets ...I mean thanks to kid's parents with big pockets and also thanks to the naive players which they think they are "pro & cool" by buying such ... awesome, super nice (scam) pack's.  Because of them .. we have this .. very .. impressive and awesome mmo market.

Thanks again everyone, who support such ... company's.

Now, from my point of view, let me see what Wildstar has to offer for 135E .

50E Digital Delux Edition

Euro left in pocket = 85E

12 E per month ( discount price ) x 7 months = 84E

1 E in my pocket. 

So, I get the Delux Edition + 30 days + 7 months of game time + some goodies.. with 135E + full access to every content out there, with no limits. 

Now, with AA , for 135E , you have some goodies + 3 months with full access to the content. Then I believe you need to pay monthly for that .. veteran status, or whatever the name is. Plus, don't forget, is a F2P game with a impressive cash shop, where if you are paying for any of the game pack's , you will end up paying a lot more on the cash shop too. 

Yes, well .. where are the positive guys who were cheering up , when Trion has taken over, to release AA in the West? And no, you do not count ( the ones who says "but I see no problems with those packs" ).

PS: I love how they .."hang" on those statuses to "attract" players: "ALPHA BETA, CLOSED BETA, WEEKEND BETA, AA SUPREME BETA, OUTSTANDING BETA, FINAL COUNTDOWN BETA" ........

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Prhyme

$150 B2P now.

$99 or $50 B2P in June.

F2P at release. 

Please, someone help me understand: why on earth would anybody buy a $99 or $50 pack now? Why not wait until the initial Alpha Hype dies and get honest opinions on the state of the game first?

Why wait? I can tell you right now WildStar will be the better game.  ArcheAge WAS  a GREAT concept back 3-4 years ago, but they simplified, "dumbed down', way too many of the great concepts to make it worth anyone's time. That's what happens when you announce a new title 4-5-6 years in advance.  Even though the titles I'm waiting for aren't releasing this year, more like late 2015 / mid 2016, I will pick, and most likely give WildStar a shot.

• Clypto75Clypto75 Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by BadOrb
    Originally posted by Mardukk

Or both. Well this is the state of PC MMO's now. Really sickens me. I see a few posters actually have paid into this garbage and no not the game the actual packs. All this for a F2P game ? Well bring back subb and box price for all MMO's everything has gone to pot! How do you, the people who have bought into alpha or beta justify paying to test a game ? I guess you are all young people who are clueless to what you are spending your money on ?

People said SWTOR was/is a cash grab , well just look at recent MMO's , Neverwinter , EQ:NL & now this game , ha ha , is this the future ? I bloody hope not , WAKE the hell up gamers!

Cheers,

BadOrb.

This garbage the MMO guys are pushing out is being ate up by many for some unknown damn reason. And these betas/founder packs are laughable, why oh why are people buying these? What a joke.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Tonight on Nightline, When F2P is more expensive than P2P...
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by BadOrb
     well just look at recent MMO's , Neverwinter , EQ:NL & now this game , ha ha , is this the future ? I bloody hope not , WAKE the hell up gamers!

Cheers,

BadOrb.

There is a rather huge difference between ArcheAge and Neverwinter and EQN

Both Neverwinter and EQN were games in development that are f2p titles at launch.  This is a sort of crowdfunding, getting additional development money.

ArcheAge is a fully launched game with revenue streams of its own.   It should not be resorting to this tactic