Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

ArcheAge: Founder's Packs Available NOW

Comments

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,506Member Uncommon

Well got 3 guildies to buy it so far - they're downloading the client now :)

Now we'll be at least able to run dungeons, build a decent boat and PvP.

Fun times ahead.

• alancodealancode El Mirage, AZPosts: 131Member
    Dmk I already built a boat and house In aa Russia, what side are you playing on? I'm in need of a good guild.

(-_-)

Originally posted by alancode
    Dmk I already built a boat and house In aa Russia, what side are you playing on? I'm in need of a good guild.

Oh I have a 26 Nuian soulsinger (seriously the class names are ugh.... I liked the old names better) - but depending on what my guildies like I'll start over and play a cat/hari if thats the group vote.

So don't know yet - we are all RL friends so it's sort of a closed guild, but I'm sure we'll run into eachother.

• KrimzinKrimzin Fort Worth, TXPosts: 545Member Uncommon

Meh only $149. I played the RU for some time and really enjoyed it.
    Got my order in.

Downloading it now.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.

It's an Orange thing
  • SuperchieftianSuperchieftian Portland, ORPosts: 88Member

Awesome. More games that follow the "pay to test" model. 

Let me throw my money at you to play a sub-par game to help test it.

• ValentinelessValentineless Glendale Heights, ILPosts: 51Member

as i said on a earlier post of this subject, i will buy the silver pack just so i have guarantee access to beta, i can wait since i will be playing wildstar on june 3rd, but if everything goes well in beta, might drop WS for AA

With 90 Days Patron Time and Credits.. Its not a bad deal.

I guess it all boils down to money. If you have disposable income then its not a big deal.

No reason to hate. Its a solid game.

And on a side note.. It was a big success in Korea, until they changed a lot of things with a new Patch. Trion has already said that they are not implementing those changes to the NA servers. Its why there were so many people on the RU servers that the Majority of them were locked, after first couple days, to new characters.

It's an Orange thing
  • ShephardShephard Clarksville, IAPosts: 69Member
    Originally posted by Krimzin

With 90 Days Patron Time and Credits.. Its not a bad deal.

I guess it all boils down to money. If you have disposable income then its not a big deal.

No reason to hate. Its a solid game.

And on a side note.. It was a big success in Korea, until they changed a lot of things with a new Patch. Trion has already said that they are not implementing those changes to the NA servers. Its why there were so many people on the RU servers that the Majority of them were locked, after first couple days, to new characters.

That isn't actually true.  It failed in Korea pretty much right from the start, patch 1.1 didn't make the game fail in Korea.  It was failing so XL Games pushed 1.1 out but that didn't help either, so people decided to put the blame on 1.1.

The sad part is, that even games like Tera are TWICE as popular as AA in Korea.  It was and still is a major disappointment in Korea, and I don't see it change in the West either.

Originally posted by Shephard
    Originally posted by Krimzin With 90 Days Patron Time and Credits.. Its not a bad deal. I guess it all boils down to money. If you have disposable income then its not a big deal. No reason to hate. Its a solid game. And on a side note.. It was a big success in Korea, until they changed a lot of things with a new Patch. Trion has already said that they are not implementing those changes to the NA servers. Its why there were so many people on the RU servers that the Majority of them were locked, after first couple days, to new characters.
    That isn't actually true.  It failed in Korea pretty much right from the start, patch 1.1 didn't make the game fail in Korea.  It was failing so XL Games pushed 1.1 out but that didn't help either, so people decided to put the blame on 1.1.

The sad part is, that even games like Tera are TWICE as popular as AA in Korea.  It was and still is a major disappointment in Korea, and I don't see it change in the West either.

Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.
    Looking back over your post count.. you have done nothing but Hate so the posts you make hold no water at all.

It's an Orange thing
  • logicbomb82logicbomb82 Muncie, INPosts: 201Member Uncommon
    must resist urge to buy...willpower failing me.

Some people call me Logicbomb or Logic or a**hole. Whatever works.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Los Angeles, CAPosts: 2,555Member
    I find it odd so many people are going out of their way trying to convince people not to buy the game....why couldn't they do that with ESO and Wildstar also?

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Lancaster, UKPosts: 2,141Member Uncommon
    I can wait, as it's f2p I am happy to give it a try before throwing any money at it.
  • lunatiquezlunatiquez San Fransisco, CAPosts: 381Member
    I don't see the importance of this founder & early access. As long as I sub as a patron later, it'll be fine and still competitive. I guess I'll skip the founder packs.
  • BraindomeBraindome Posts: 769Member Uncommon

Seriously guys come on, you just got done enjoying ESO for a month "which you paid $80 for", so pony up another $150 and enjoy the newest MMO on the block, you will probably get a whole 2 months enjoyment this time!

As much as I have been looking forward to ArcheAge the industry is just getting ridiculous, this insanity has got to stop, seriously people have some restraint and wait and maybe we will actually start getting good games again, not saying ArcheAge won't be good but these sales tactics HAVE TO END, it's killing the chances of games even becoming good when they can just take the money and run.

• reeereeereeereee Posts: 1,198Member Uncommon

Do they not have a marketing department?

Don't they know offering $100+ founders packs is going to immediately make people think of the trainwreck that was Neverwinter.  I mean... at least call it something other than a founder's pack.

• RoinRoin Baltimore, MDPosts: 2,927Member Uncommon
    No thanks, i'll pass.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• skeaserskeaser Wichita Falls, TXPosts: 3,847Member Uncommon
    What about this is Alpha status? The game is feature complete and released in the East isn't it? So is the "Alpha" just testing translation/UI elements?
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 1,930Member Common

Buy those overpriced packs on a game already released so I can play for free.

Thanks !!

• BruceYeeBruceYee Los Angeles, CAPosts: 427Member Uncommon

Will there be a server wipe?

150 to play now is pretty much just trying out the game if there will be a wipe.

The extra stuff is cool but 150 is kinda steep in my opinion.

• hfztthfztt GlostrupPosts: 839Member Uncommon

Before Kickstarter people would get a discount for buying games early. Now we get all kinds of useless crap and a higher price if we want it early.

Funny thing now is that Kickstarters are now starting to have slightly less expensive, but still overpriced, packs for those who order early.

*Sigh*

Originally posted by BruceYee

Will there be a server wipe?

150 to play now is pretty much just trying out the game if there will be a wipe.

The extra stuff is cool but 150 is kinda steep in my opinion.

"How often is the Alpha server available?

The Alpha server is generally available 24/7 when Beta Events are not running. Updates and maintenance generally run 2-4 hours, and can run longer in major version updates to the game. We will always do our best to keep you informed as to downtimes. Since this is Alpha, please understand that problems will happen! These problems may include downtimes, rollbacks, and problems with game data that cannot be fixed. We will endeavor to not wipe the Alpha server, but with an Alpha there are no guarantees.

Will my Alpha progress carry over to Beta or Live servers?
    As it is a dedicated testing environment, Alpha progress may carry over to a Public Test Server, but it will not carry over to Beta and the Live launch servers. Alpha and the eventual Test server exist in parallel with Beta and Live, as is commonly done in MMOs. Please treat time on Alpha as helping test and having an early experience with the game – not as progress that will be preserved."

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/faq/#shopfaq

So Alpha is just if you want to play NOW - it will not carry over to live servers.

However your founder pack bonuses DO carry over (the game currency, gliders/titles/ and obviously patron(subscription) time)

Again - you can just wait and not pay a dime.

• lusikaslusikas TallinnPosts: 28Member
    https://www.archeagegame.com/en/shop/  they are crazy in this site its 134 euro its much more expensive 
  • RolleZRolleZ FalkenbergPosts: 37Member Uncommon
    Trion did the same and more with Trove ($200 for alpha access), just say no to that company i'd say. They feed on weak consumers.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy DublinPosts: 550Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by lusikas
    https://www.archeagegame.com/en/shop/  they are crazy in this site its 134 euro its much more expensive 

UK / EU prices include VAT

134 / 1.2 = 111 = $153