Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Founder's Packs Available NOW

Comments

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Originally posted by Shephard
    Originally posted by Krimzin With 90 Days Patron Time and Credits.. Its not a bad deal. I guess it all boils down to money. If you have disposable income then its not a big deal. No reason to hate. Its a solid game. And on a side note.. It was a big success in Korea, until they changed a lot of things with a new Patch. Trion has already said that they are not implementing those changes to the NA servers. Its why there were so many people on the RU servers that the Majority of them were locked, after first couple days, to new characters.
    That isn't actually true.  It failed in Korea pretty much right from the start, patch 1.1 didn't make the game fail in Korea.  It was failing so XL Games pushed 1.1 out but that didn't help either, so people decided to put the blame on 1.1.

The sad part is, that even games like Tera are TWICE as popular as AA in Korea.  It was and still is a major disappointment in Korea, and I don't see it change in the West either.

Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.
    Looking back over your post count.. you have done nothing but Hate so the posts you make hold no water at all.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • logicbomb82logicbomb82 Member UncommonPosts: 228
    must resist urge to buy...willpower failing me.
    I run the Mature Minded Gamers. We do video and board gaming videos and reviews. We also have a big Dungeons and Dragons community with multiple games active each week.
    Join us at: https://www.maturemindedgamers.com

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    I find it odd so many people are going out of their way trying to convince people not to buy the game....why couldn't they do that with ESO and Wildstar also?

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    I can wait, as it's f2p I am happy to give it a try before throwing any money at it.
  • lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381
    I don't see the importance of this founder & early access. As long as I sub as a patron later, it'll be fine and still competitive. I guess I'll skip the founder packs.
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

Seriously guys come on, you just got done enjoying ESO for a month "which you paid $80 for", so pony up another $150 and enjoy the newest MMO on the block, you will probably get a whole 2 months enjoyment this time!

As much as I have been looking forward to ArcheAge the industry is just getting ridiculous, this insanity has got to stop, seriously people have some restraint and wait and maybe we will actually start getting good games again, not saying ArcheAge won't be good but these sales tactics HAVE TO END, it's killing the chances of games even becoming good when they can just take the money and run.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

Do they not have a marketing department?

Don't they know offering $100+ founders packs is going to immediately make people think of the trainwreck that was Neverwinter.  I mean... at least call it something other than a founder's pack.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    No thanks, i'll pass.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    What about this is Alpha status? The game is feature complete and released in the East isn't it? So is the "Alpha" just testing translation/UI elements?
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Buy those overpriced packs on a game already released so I can play for free.

Thanks !!

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

Will there be a server wipe?

150 to play now is pretty much just trying out the game if there will be a wipe.

The extra stuff is cool but 150 is kinda steep in my opinion.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

Before Kickstarter people would get a discount for buying games early. Now we get all kinds of useless crap and a higher price if we want it early.

Funny thing now is that Kickstarters are now starting to have slightly less expensive, but still overpriced, packs for those who order early.

*Sigh*

• lusikaslusikas Member UncommonPosts: 30
    https://www.archeagegame.com/en/shop/  they are crazy in this site its 134 euro its much more expensive 
  • RolleZRolleZ Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Trion did the same and more with Trove ($200 for alpha access), just say no to that company i'd say. They feed on weak consumers.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Originally posted by lusikas
    https://www.archeagegame.com/en/shop/  they are crazy in this site its 134 euro its much more expensive 

UK / EU prices include VAT

134 / 1.2 = €111 = $153

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Hmm ok paid my $150 and find it VERY disturbing that Trion has been hyping how they have been working on this game since it was in beta back in Korea more than a year ago. 

Now its in alpha with Trion that has been working on it for 18 months or so and its in worse shape than the russian version english patch.

Frankly I have to call Trion flat out liars on this one, this is maybe 3 months of work on the korean client not 12-18 months.

• PresidencyPresidency Member UncommonPosts: 2
    No thank you, I'm going to pass on the Founder's Packs.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I don't understand.  ESO comes out with Imperial Edition and the whole world loses it's mind about stuff being locked behind a paywall in a P2P game.  A F2P comes out that wants to charge to test a game, and locks items behind a paywall, and it's ok....I'm confused.

Edit: And it's almost 2x as much as the Imperial edition...

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Originally posted by hfztt

Before Kickstarter people would get a discount for buying games early. Now we get all kinds of useless crap and a higher price if we want it early.

Funny thing now is that Kickstarters are now starting to have slightly less expensive, but still overpriced, packs for those who order early.

*Sigh*

Partially because of a court case that ruled that kickstarter " donations " are actually purchases with the same tax liability and consumer protection of purchases.  The government  got wise to the con artist and liars that were stealing millions on kickstarter, and decided to step in in favor of the consumer.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Gravarg

I don't understand.  ESO comes out with Imperial Edition and the whole world loses it's mind about stuff being locked behind a paywall in a P2P game.  A F2P comes out that wants to charge to test a game, and locks items behind a paywall, and it's ok....I'm confused.

Edit: And it's almost 2x as much as the Imperial edition...

Nothing is OK with any game charging more than a car payment for early access.

• senti02senti02 Member UncommonPosts: 96
    $150 is ok with the stuff in it..but i dont want to get burnt out before the release.and why most gaming company selling beta acces.is it suppose to test the game?we are giving them favor for helping them testing the game and we have to pay for it?i dont understand..but its your money.
  • Cellarkid88Cellarkid88 Member UncommonPosts: 56

I really can't wait for ArcheAge. I mean I can buy a Founder's Pack for 150$ now or still enjoy the game later without having to pay more or any restrictio.....

... oh what the !?!?!?!?

Winning a discussion is not what it's about. If you could pass insight to someone or learn something from it in return - noone can really loose, can they?

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Do people still not understand that the mmo market is changing ?
    Expect almost all studio's offering these kind of stuff.

Studio's need to make money, your not forced to buy anything and the game will be free to play.

Welcome to 2014 where studio's have cash shops / founders packs / subscriptions for as long as they can tank it etc etc.

Gaming is changing for the last years in the mmo world.
    If we agree with it or not its a big market and they need to make money.

I pay anymore then 50/60 euro myself for a mmo, but some people migt pay double to get early acces :P
    To each his own preference !

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    ARCHEUM - $149.99 - BUY NOW
    •  Alpha & Beta Access
    • 15,000 Credits ($100 Value)
    • 4-Day Patron Head Start
    • Title: "Trailblazer"
    • 90-Day Patron Status
    • Daru Troves
    • 10 Evenstones
    • 10 Hereafter Stones
    • Glass Phoenix Glider
    • Desert Assassin Platemail
    • Reagents to put your own crest in-game
    • 10 Pet Healing Potions
    • Founder's Cloak

90 day patron pass cost about 45$, and credits cost 100$(same pricing as rift credits) as mentioned. that is 145$ returned instantly on game launch. and additional bonus to this, those who will be buying this are getting quite the package for an f2p game founder pack.  

GOLD - $99.99 - BUY NOW

• Beta Access
    • 7,500 Credits ($50 Value)
    • 4-Day Patron Head Start
    • Title: "Traveler"
    • 60-Day Patron Status
    • 10 Evenstones
    • 10 Hereafter Stones
    • Glass Phoenix Glider
    • Desert Assassin Platemail
    60 day patron pass nearly 30$ and 50$ credits(same pricing as rift credits). that is nearly 80$ returned instantly 4 days ahead of game launch. add the additional items and again buyers get more than bargain for an f2p game.

Now comes the silver package and this one i consider a scam. should have added a few more items to it.

Overall, 2 of  these founder packages are far better than any other f2p games selling their founder pack. i don't see why anyone would think this is some sort of unacceptable business when buyers gets a very fair return of their money spent.  

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.