Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Founder's Packs Available NOW

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds has gotten busy and put up the order site for ArcheAge Founder's Packs. All packs are available now. Check the information below to find just the right pack to suit your needs.

Details on the Founders Packs:

ARCHEUM - $149.99 - BUY NOW<Link>

•  Alpha & Beta Access

• 11,250 Credits ($100 Value)

• 4-Day Patron Head Start

• Title: "Trailblazer"

• 90-Day Patron Status

• Daru Troves

• 10 Evenstones

• 10 Hereafter Stones

• Glass Phoenix Glider

• Desert Assassin Platemail

• Reagents to put your own crest in-game

• 10 Pet Healing Potions

• Founder's Cloak

GOLD - $99.99 - BUY NOW<Link>

• Beta Access

• 7,500 Credits ($50 Value)

• Title: "Traveler"

• 60-Day Patron Status

• 10 Evenstones

• 10 Hereafter Stones

• Glass Phoenix Glider

• Desert Assassin Platemail

SILVER - $49.99 - BUY NOW<Link>

• Beta Access

• 2,500 Credits ($17 Value)

• Title: "Founder"

• 30-Day Patron Status

• Experimental Glider

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    They are charging players the price of a full, complete game; just for a chance to test it for them? Plus, isn't this game already out in other countries? I may need to leave MMOs....

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    This is what happens when the people keep saying "it's OK its f2p they have to make money". Now look what you've done, now even companies like trion are trying to nickle and dime everything.

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230
    wont this be free eventually?  Just wait until the game comes out.
  • CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480

This is pandering to the give it to me now culture.

You don't need to leave mmo's my friend, just play the games that are more than 6 to 12 months old.

Try out Rift, SWTOR, Neverwinter, PS2, and TERA. 

I know it's tempting to grab the latest and greatest game, but find some inner patience and go back and enjoy those older titles, they are still fun.

• VicDynamoVicDynamo Member Posts: 234

$150 B2P now.

$99 or $50 B2P in June.

F2P at release. 

Please, someone help me understand: why on earth would anybody buy a $99 or $50 pack now? Why not wait until the initial Alpha Hype dies and get honest opinions on the state of the game first?

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Man I want in but I dont even know what half stuff is?! Damn though it's been like 4 years of waiting.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Hmm 150 bucks for:

• No physical copy or swag
    • Some F2P cash
    • Some stones to do what I should be able to do anyway (evenstones)
    • Some RNG boxes

Da shat? Screw that. I can clearly see Trion doesn't want me playing AA long term. Can you at least opt in for a sub without the F2P bloat? Must dig deeper....

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Pretty expensive. 

When I saw the thread I was expecting it to be similar to Landmark with $100 and $60 giving alpha access and $20 giving beta access. Well.. At the very least they are giving cash shop currency.. Sony gave squat AND added the shop in during alpha!.

I reckon I will pass no matter how much I want to play. Just to expensive.

• nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Just stop with the damn Founder's Packs already every damn game is doing it now even stupid buy to play and pay to play ones...
  • TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Tygranir
    They are charging players the price of a full, complete game; just for a chance to test it for them? Plus, isn't this game already out in other countries? I may need to leave MMOs....

When launched it will be F2P. 

So you can simply wait and not spend a dime.

I don't see what the issue is - Landmark had founder packs - it's a F2P game, Alpha access cost $100 there for a crafting simulator where you can dig and build.

Here you get a full working game - and for $150 you get $75 of in game currency to spend and $45 worth of subs (3 months)

Again - don't like it, don't pay.

And landmark will be more then a dig and build it will have exploration and mobs to fight and skills etc. quit hating on Landmark DMKano

Yeah 150 a bit steep but form what I've played in the russian version once I can afford I will opt in.

• LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102

Psssh No Thanks! would rather wait til it fully releases! Money better spent on a sub else where...nice try Trion!

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

For 50 you get an "experimental glider".  Experimental to me sounds like you just might crash in to the side of a mountain.  We have yet to work out all the kinks. 

I feel if I started playing now I would be burnt out on the game when it officially launches. 

• alancodealancode Member UncommonPosts: 163
    I bought it because I want to play, I'm on vacation, I have money just sitting around, and I support what they are doing. I spent 150 on collectors edition swtor. 150 dollars for as much entertainment as I want, or one night out with friends.

(-_-)

Originally posted by Ramonski7

Hmm 150 bucks for:

• No physical copy or swag
    • Some F2P cash
    • Some stones to do what I should be able to do anyway (evenstones)
    • Some RNG boxes

Da shat? Screw that. I can clearly see Trion doesn't want me playing AA long term. Can you at least opt in for a sub without the F2P bloat? Must dig deeper....

and 3 months of patron (subscription) - you are forgetting that.

$150 gives you

$75 worth of game currency (you referred to it as "some F2P cash")

$45 worth of subscription

glider, stones etc...

I was naming the things I was hoping not to see in TW's version of AA thinking that if they offered a subscription, I could possibly avoid the F2P experience. But since they polluted all their packages with F2P crap, then it goes without saying that AA is another misguided attempt to cash in rather than offer those who would pay a subscription a unburdened alternative to playing F2P free. Why should I (if I choose to sub) also be shouldered with maintaining a in-game cash balance + enticements from RNG boxes + gimp crafting (by not buying everstones)? These are things a F2P player should be burdened with, not a player paying a sub.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381

Don't forget that you can get +3 to all stats for $150.

Not too important though.

• ShephardShephard Member Posts: 69

Just a little advice to people, DO NOT buy it now.  Wait for the hype to settle down and find out the release date first before actually buying this expensive packs.  They paid a bunch of streamers good money to stream the game to build up hype and then put this out right after. 

Don't be blinded by the hype, the game is very average.  Wait for a release date to buy it.  Or better yet, don't spend any money at all and wait for release.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Hmm at those prices they aren't really attracting the F2P crowd...but for people that intend to subscribe or put a lot of money into it anyway it could be worth it. Hey... it worked for SOE's EQNL

Me? I hate buying a pack with a bunch of stuff with an unknown value. Buyers remorse has taught me to not preorder just anything.

Also - something that many may not realize:

$150 Alpha access is limited # of slots - probably several thousand slots - I think the current Russian server supports 4-5K players.

Just something to consider - it's a very small number of $150 packs.

Are you trying to "rush" people to buy them?  Don't worry, if they sell out of slots (which they won't) they will open up some more.  No one will say no to extra cash, especially not Trion.

Also - something that many may not realize:

$150 Alpha access is limited # of slots - probably several thousand slots - I think the current Russian server supports 4-5K players.

Just something to consider - it's a very small number of $150 packs.

They already said they'll offer out the $150 packs without the slots. So unless you really, really want to pay $150 for a alpha slot, I don't see the rush. Taken from their FAQ:

If I purchase an Archeum Founder’s Pack, do I get an immediate invite to Alpha?
    Yes – while supplies last! Our first Archeum Founder’s Packs grant you an instant invitation to download and play in our live Alpha. If you are new to Alpha testing an MMO, please check out the Alpha-related questions in this FAQ!

Is there a limit on the number of Alpha invites available?
    Yes. Alpha is running on a fixed amount of testing hardware. We may remove Alpha Access from the Archeum Founder’s Packs feature list at some point in the future.

• alancodealancode Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Dmk I already built a boat and house In aa Russia, what side are you playing on? I'm in need of a good guild.

(-_-)

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Meh only $149. I played the RU for some time and really enjoyed it.
    Got my order in.

Downloading it now.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • SuperchieftianSuperchieftian Member Posts: 88

Awesome. More games that follow the "pay to test" model. 

Let me throw my money at you to play a sub-par game to help test it.

• ValentinelessValentineless Member Posts: 51

as i said on a earlier post of this subject, i will buy the silver pack just so i have guarantee access to beta, i can wait since i will be playing wildstar on june 3rd, but if everything goes well in beta, might drop WS for AA

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

With 90 Days Patron Time and Credits.. Its not a bad deal.

I guess it all boils down to money. If you have disposable income then its not a big deal.

No reason to hate. Its a solid game.

And on a side note.. It was a big success in Korea, until they changed a lot of things with a new Patch. Trion has already said that they are not implementing those changes to the NA servers. Its why there were so many people on the RU servers that the Majority of them were locked, after first couple days, to new characters.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
    Originally posted by Krimzin

With 90 Days Patron Time and Credits.. Its not a bad deal.

I guess it all boils down to money. If you have disposable income then its not a big deal.

No reason to hate. Its a solid game.

And on a side note.. It was a big success in Korea, until they changed a lot of things with a new Patch. Trion has already said that they are not implementing those changes to the NA servers. Its why there were so many people on the RU servers that the Majority of them were locked, after first couple days, to new characters.

That isn't actually true.  It failed in Korea pretty much right from the start, patch 1.1 didn't make the game fail in Korea.  It was failing so XL Games pushed 1.1 out but that didn't help either, so people decided to put the blame on 1.1.

The sad part is, that even games like Tera are TWICE as popular as AA in Korea.  It was and still is a major disappointment in Korea, and I don't see it change in the West either.