Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Forum Exploit

Comments

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by dbgager
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight
    ESO Forums are fundamentally gutter trash. A cluster bomb of German, French and English all mixed in together.  Why would anybody want to participate in that garbage?  It's a total mess.  Don't go back.  Lesson learned.

Im never going back. Any system where a post you make can equate a game ban because someone disagrees or dislikes you is a bad system.

Show us some proof otherwise your just blowing smoke ..and being a trouble maker.  And believe me your convincing very few people if anyone at all.

I already copied over the email of the ban. If you wont believe that than you wont believe whatever  I show you.

lol..I missed that.Your complaining about a 24 hour ban...I thought it was permanent...Behave yourself in the future...and stop having a tantrum... L2P is flaming. Follow the rules.

I realize it was flaming, I admitted my guilt. But was it worth 24 hours off the game for a first infraction? I think not. I wouldnt even have sweated if it was just a forum ban, Id have just taken my punishment then.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight
    ESO Forums are fundamentally gutter trash. A cluster bomb of German, French and English all mixed in together.  Why would anybody want to participate in that garbage?  It's a total mess.  Don't go back.  Lesson learned.

Im never going back. Any system where a post you make can equate a game ban because someone disagrees or dislikes you is a bad system.

Show us some proof otherwise your just blowing smoke ..and being a trouble maker.  And believe me your convincing very few people if anyone at all.

I already copied over the email of the ban. If you wont believe that than you wont believe whatever  I show you.

lol..I missed that.Your complaining about a 24 hour ban...I thought it was permanent...Behave yourself in the future...and stop having a tantrum... L2P is flaming. Follow the rules.

I realize it was flaming, I admitted my guilt. But was it worth 24 hours off the game for a first infraction? I think not. I wouldnt even have sweated if it was just a forum ban, Id have just taken my punishment then.

That's the problem.  You wouldn't have sweated it.  That's the problem with most of the people in forums.  The forum bans don't do anything to moderate their behavior.  This just reinforces the idea that Zenimax is on the right track.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by xenom

well who cares for forum bans after being not nice...you are here crying about your ban so i guess it's working ? :P

You should actually read the post. Its NOT A FORUM BAN BUT A GAME BAN.

You ran afoul of this clause:

Engage in disruptive behavior in chat areas, game areas, forums, or any other area or aspect of the Services.  Examples of disruptive behavior include, but is not limited to, conduct which interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue within a Service, vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, use of excessive shouting [all caps] in an attempt to disturb other users, "spamming" or flooding [posting repetitive text], commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements, posting advertising or promotional messaging, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other commercial activities.

Apparently someone there considers the term L2P to be abusive.  Can't think of a circumstance where it wouldn't be.  Granted, not an f-bomb, but still in violation of the TOS, clearly.

Now, as to the punishment, harsh, but also within the TOS.

Except as prohibited by applicable law, ZeniMax has the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, restrict, suspend, or terminate Your access to the Services.

Note the plural, they mean any and all services, the forums, the game itself, the account management page or even the main website if desired.

This from above:  This has resulted in a 24hour suspension for your full account.

In future, please take care to check you're being polite and respectful when interacting with your fellow forum users.

So they weren't kidding, it is really your full account, which is all tied into one both forums and in game, so it makes sense, banned from one, banned from all.

Note their 2nd line, about being polite and respectful.  L2P is neither, so your ban was deserved, and their punishment while perhaps novel, certainly will encourage you to take care with your words.

Or not visit the forums, or even quit the game which is your right.

Me, I avoid official forums because I can't help but put my foot in my mouth, here when I get a temp ban it has no effect on my gameplay.

Thats the thing, legally and the supreme court already ruled on this, that when you buy the game, you OWN the game, not lease as devs would like you to believe. So they cant legally revoke your ownership of the game. They can legally revoke forum access.  But Im stuck because to fight that would require a lawyer, years, and lots of money to get little back. And mmo companies KNOW this.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• dbgagerdbgager Member UncommonPosts: 175

well who cares for forum bans after being not nice...you are here crying about your ban so i guess it's working ? :P

Engage in disruptive behavior in chat areas, game areas, forums, or any other area or aspect of the Services.  Examples of disruptive behavior include, but is not limited to, conduct which interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue within a Service, vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, use of excessive shouting [all caps] in an attempt to disturb other users, "spamming" or flooding [posting repetitive text], commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements, posting advertising or promotional messaging, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other commercial activities.

Apparently someone there considers the term L2P to be abusive.  Can't think of a circumstance where it wouldn't be.  Granted, not an f-bomb, but still in violation of the TOS, clearly.

Except as prohibited by applicable law, ZeniMax has the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, restrict, suspend, or terminate Your access to the Services.

Note the plural, they mean any and all services, the forums, the game itself, the account management page or even the main website if desired.

This from above:  This has resulted in a 24hour suspension for your full account.

In future, please take care to check you're being polite and respectful when interacting with your fellow forum users.

So they weren't kidding, it is really your full account, which is all tied into one both forums and in game, so it makes sense, banned from one, banned from all.

Note their 2nd line, about being polite and respectful.  L2P is neither, so your ban was deserved, and their punishment while perhaps novel, certainly will encourage you to take care with your words.

Me, I avoid official forums because I can't help but put my foot in my mouth, here when I get a temp ban it has no effect on my gameplay.

24 hour ban..not perma ban..

24 hour ban..not perma ban..

Never said it was a perma ban. But with their customer service it might not just be one day either.

PS3

Thats the thing, legally and the supreme court already ruled on this, that when you buy the game, you OWN the game, not lease as devs would like you to believe. So they cant legally revoke your ownership of the game. They can legally revoke forum access.  But Im stuck because to fight that would require a lawyer, years, and lots of money to get little back. And mmo companies KNOW this.

They are not revoking your right to own the game they are revoking your right to access to their servers where you agreed to a clear Terms of Service. They clearly have the right to moderate behavior of  people on those servers. The only blurriness in that distinction is you where not in the game when the behavior occured. 

1 day of game time costs you an average of 30 to 50 cents depending on what plan you took..Sue them for that..
  • RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    It is probably a bit excessive for the first offense. Sad to see people think its okay for this to happen, especially over a L2P comment. Forum ban is well within reason(and could probably be even longer), not an actual in game ban.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Lol, good luck with that !

Sure, you "own" your copy of the game, and nobody can take that software away from you.

However, without access to the ZOS servers, there's not a great deal you can do with that software that you "own".

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422

Cant help feel sceptical about this.

I wouldnt think twice about saying L2P to someone and wouldnt imagine getting banned over it.

OP stated he knew he had done wrong in the other topic when his account was banned. I'd have personally been more like wtf as I honestly wouldnt have known what had caused the ban.

More likely more was said that what you are telling us.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

They are not revoking your right to own the game they are revoking your right to access to their servers where you agreed to a clear Terms of Service. They clearly have the right to moderate behavior of  people on those servers. The only blurriness in that distinction is you where not in the game when the behavior occured. 

Yeah, he's right, you still own the game, still on your computer, they didn't take it away so you don't have much ground to stand on here. (the fact that without service access it's totally useless doesn't really matter)

You do have a right to ask for a refund still as I understand it, if this really pisses you off, you can go ask for one.

Yeah, life's not fair, all you can control is how you deal with it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Yeah, he's right, you still own the game, still on your computer, they didn't take it away so you don't have much ground to stand on here. (the fact that without service access it's totally useless doesn't really matter)

You do have a right to ask for a refund still as I understand it, if this really pisses you off, you can go ask for one.

Yeah, life's not fair, all you can control is how you deal with it.

I know this. This is less a sympathy thread (despite what some claim) and more a warning that your game account can be banned for whatever they want to ban you for on the forums. Really all I want is that day taken from my game time added back.

PS3

Originally posted by Cougan

Cant help feel sceptical about this.

I wouldnt think twice about saying L2P to someone and wouldnt imagine getting banned over it.

OP stated he knew he had done wrong in the other topic when his account was banned. I'd have personally been more like wtf as I honestly wouldnt have known what had caused the ban.

More likely more was said that what you are telling us.

I am not the least bit skeptical. I have been playing these kinds of games since they where introduced and played such games as Gemstone II, Gemstone III, and the original Neverwinter Nights. Back in the days when everybody treated each other with respect. The internet has grown into a place where Internet Bullies and rudeness in the norm.  I am glad that somebody is cracking down on  this.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Originally posted by Panther2103 This is almost a daily post for any popular game. People will come here to complain they got banned or suspended from the official forums of the game they were flaming or bashing people on. We didn't see your post, we are going based on what you are telling us, for all we know you could have been one of those BUY THIS PURSE NOW 1$ OR BUY A PASSPORT bots. If you get banned from official forums it's usually your own fault. Telling someone to Learn to Play the game is usually pretty rude, and based on what you are saying I'm sure you didn't just say L2P or something, you probably went into detail about how that person was an asshole or something. No sympathy.
    Again READ. Im not bitching about the forum ban on my first infraction. Im talking about the actual game being banned to me. There are threads in the official forums popping up now from people banned 1-3 days by forum moderators from the game itself.  I am not the only one this is happening to

Why should the forums not also be tied to the game. YOUR ACTIONS are your own actions. Noone made you troll on the forums, you decided to do it. So now you have to live with your decisions.

I wish more game companys held there players accountable for there own actions instead of just giving them a free pass to do with as they want for the most part. If you goto the forums trying to troll then you should expect to be banned from the forums and the product in question.

And before you try and say I wasnt trolling or whatever. The MODS found you to be doing so and you where punished for it. There decision is what matters not what you think. There product, there rules.

I bet next time you will think twice and maybe not even do it since you know you will get a temp or perm ban for it.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    I am not the least bit skeptical. I have been playing these kinds of games since they where introduced and played such games as Gemstone II, Gemstone III, and the original Neverwinter Nights. Back in the days when everybody treated each other with respect. The internet has grown into a place where Internet Bullies and rudeness in the norm.  I am glad that somebody is cracking down on  this.

If you believe internet bullie and rudeness is the norm you really need to change the type of people you tend to play games with.

Originally posted by Coman

If you believe internet bullie and rudeness is the norm you really need to change the type of people you tend to play games with.

Yea...I guess your right. To many Sports forums...lol. But it does exist a lot more than it used to.

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    This is almost a daily post for any popular game. People will come here to complain they got banned or suspended from the official forums of the game they were flaming or bashing people on. We didn't see your post, we are going based on what you are telling us, for all we know you could have been one of those BUY THIS PURSE NOW 1$ OR BUY A PASSPORT bots. If you get banned from official forums it's usually your own fault. Telling someone to Learn to Play the game is usually pretty rude, and based on what you are saying I'm sure you didn't just say L2P or something, you probably went into detail about how that person was an asshole or something. No sympathy.

Again READ. Im not bitching about the forum ban on my first infraction. Im talking about the actual game being banned to me. There are threads in the official forums popping up now from people banned 1-3 days by forum moderators from the game itself.  I am not the only one this is happening to

Just wait till your ban is over then go back on the forum and read who was against you in that post, could be in the deleted tread or something, if they did delete it. Then just report those posters, and that is call in your face for banning me for not be on the same side as you :). Dont forget to get a few friends with you to support you in your revenge :)

After a lot of people gets ban in-game and on the forum at the same time Zeni will change there way :) 

Just take your punishment..And be nicer to people in the forums, or in game in the future. No harm really done.
    Originally posted by seafirex
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    This is almost a daily post for any popular game. People will come here to complain they got banned or suspended from the official forums of the game they were flaming or bashing people on. We didn't see your post, we are going based on what you are telling us, for all we know you could have been one of those BUY THIS PURSE NOW 1$ OR BUY A PASSPORT bots. If you get banned from official forums it's usually your own fault. Telling someone to Learn to Play the game is usually pretty rude, and based on what you are saying I'm sure you didn't just say L2P or something, you probably went into detail about how that person was an asshole or something. No sympathy.

Just wait till your ban is over then go back on the forum and read who was against you in that post, could be in the deleted tread or something, if they did delete it. Then just report those posters, and that is call in your face for banning me for not be on the same side as you :). Dont forget to get a few friends with you to support you in your revenge :)

After a lot of people gets ban in-game and on the forum at the same time Zeni will change there way :) 

Bad advice..Starting a war with other posters is a clear path to a permaban.. Zenimax is not interested in justice. They are interested in keeping their forums and game an enjoyable and nice place to be.

• jacker1991jacker1991 Member UncommonPosts: 191
  • AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407

Rift announced a long while ago that they were going to start doing this.

Update: As of around 1 pm I had forum access restored (but no email telling me of this)

At 130 pm I got this email:

<div id="yui_3_13_0_1_1398375251133_2308" undoreset"="">

Greetings,

Upon further investigation of the issue that your account for The Elder Scrolls® Online was temporarily suspended or locked for, we have restored your account to its previous state.

You may now log into your game account for The Elder Scrolls® Online and will see any associated changes that we detailed above.

If you have any additional questions or concerns about your game account, please contact us via our online support center so that we may assist you. You’ll find our support center here.

Regards,

The Elder Scrolls Online Team

At least it didnt take them until after my suspension to correct this. Im guessing some Mod was being a little too eager with the banhammer.

PS3

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Zegaloth
    Originally posted by PAL-18

Your reward is a less toxic, and friendly community.

I am glad they tie the forums and game bans/ suspensions together. Why would anyone want someone who can't even post on the forums in a constructive manner into the game? I certainly don't.

Good one Zenimax for taking a firm stance against toxic players, and bullies.

Good show indeed ..should have always been that way in every game out there

Originally posted by Bad.dog
    Originally posted by Zegaloth
    Originally posted by PAL-18

Your reward is a less toxic, and friendly community.

I am glad they tie the forums and game bans/ suspensions together. Why would anyone want someone who can't even post on the forums in a constructive manner into the game? I certainly don't.

Good one Zenimax for taking a firm stance against toxic players, and bullies.

Good show indeed ..should have always been that way in every game out there

but then you get cases like mine where as my reply email to CS shows, I shouldnt have been banned.

PS3

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Originally posted by Taranx
    I can't stand the ESO forums. Half the time I go there it says threads are closed or can't login etc. I have no beef with the game, but their Forums seriously suck

It won't let me log in so I quit trying. Most difficult forum to access of any game I've played.

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...