Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Forum Exploit

EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
Be careful what you write, because if someone disagrees and reports you, or get their friends to help, you will get an in game ban. So If you dislike someone on the forums, just flag them and ruin their gaming experience. I guess this is some meta-game for ESO?  Im never posting on that forums again.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
PS3

Comments

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire
    Be careful what you write, because if someone disagrees and reports you, or get their friends to help, you will get an in game ban. So If you dislike someone on the forums, just flag them and ruin their gaming experience. I guess this is some meta-game for ESO?  Im never posting on that forums again.

Why? What did you post? Were you posting the same thing over and over in different threads? Similar to here? 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    ummm are you serious?

So you can actually get banned in game for something you posted on forums?
  • EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    I made a L2P comment on a nerf thread was all. If they wanted to flag me and make me sit out from the forums Id have understood, but the game is tied with the forum suspension.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    ummm are you serious? So you can actually get banned in game for something you posted on forums?

Edit: already stated by someone else, I'm slow today.

• RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327
    I can't stand the ESO forums. Half the time I go there it says threads are closed or can't login etc. I have no beef with the game, but their Forums seriously suck
    Originally posted by Pyatra
    ummm are you serious? So you can actually get banned in game for something you posted on forums?

Um... given that it's the same company, yes.   If he dropped the "N" bomb, no one is going to let him anywhere.  Welcome to accountability.

I didnt drop any expletives/slang or anything like that. I made a simple L2P comment, I didnt even use noob.

PS3

• ShephardShephard Member Posts: 69

Is there actual proof of this happening, other than "other people are saying it too".  Can you take a screenshot of your in-game ban or something to that nature?

• cheeseheadscheeseheads Member UncommonPosts: 73

really makes me glad i chose to skip this game now.  what a screwed up company this is to do this.  accountability is one thing but this goes well beyond that.  if i was a paying customer and they did that to me id drop them like a bad habit.  now to listen to the white knights bash me.   /popcorn

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Um... given that it's the same company, yes.   If he dropped the "N" bomb, no one is going to let him anywhere.  Welcome to accountability.

I didnt drop any expletives/slang or anything like that. I made a simple L2P comment, I didnt even use noob.

Aren't you the guy who did something on the forums, and then got banned from the game, but who refused to tell anyone what you actually did on the forums?  Yes, yes you are.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by Shephard

Is there actual proof of this happening, other than "other people are saying it too".  Can you take a screenshot of your in-game ban or something to that nature?

Im on my work pc so I dont know If I can SS it. Ill try copy paste 

Response By Email (Ciara) (04/23/2014 06:46 PM)

Greetings ************* !

I hope this message finds you well and happy in the battle fields of Tamriel.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you were reported for your flaming/trolling on the forums. This has resulted in a 24hour suspension for your full account.
    In future, please take care to check you're being polite and respectful when interacting with your fellow forum users. This includes avoiding profanity and vulgar language. Otherwise, we may have to get back to you with less happy news!
    If you're unsure of what constitutes inappropriate language, be sure to check through the Code of Conduct again. This can be found on our official site, http://elderscrollsonline.com/ along with our Terms of Service.

All the best,

Gamemaster Irial

The Elder Scrolls Online Team

PS3

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499

Some might say unpopular opinions are prone to a similiar experience on these forums....

Originally posted by lizardbones

Aren't you the guy who did something on the forums, and then got banned from the game, but who refused to tell anyone what you actually did on the forums?  Yes, yes you are.

Actually I would have replied had they not closed the thread while I was asleep. I stated what it was here

PS3

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Actually I would have replied had they not closed the thread while I was asleep. I stated what it was here

So you weren't banned from the game, you got a 24 hour suspension for being a troll.  Maybe stuff like this will have people moderating their own behavior a little bit while they're on the forums and in the game.

For instance.  If players report someone for being a troll, and then a moderator reviews the reported posts and agrees, then bans the reported person, then the system is working as expected.  Calling the system an "exploit" could be considered trolling.  As in creating an issue where none actually exists.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Good, accountability for your actions. Maybe people will learn.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    I think you guys are missing the point here.  Getting banned in the forum shouldn't result in getting banned in the game.  That's just bad business.

You make me like charity

So you weren't banned from the game, you got a 24 hour suspension for being a troll.  Maybe stuff like this will have people moderating their own behavior a little bit while they're on the forums and in the game.

For instance.  If players report someone for being a troll, and then a moderator reviews the reported posts and agrees, then bans the reported person, then the system is working as expected.  Calling the system an "exploit" could be considered trolling.  As in creating an issue where none actually exists.

I was banned from the game as well as the forums.

PS3

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

24 hour ban for making their forums toxic?

SPOT ON!  Way to go Zenimax!

Question is, are you going to make this forum toxic, also?

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

Originally posted by Velocinox

Nope, I was just warning you. But perhaps you will feel differently when it happens to you. Im half tempted to report anything half way wrong so others feel the pain. And before Im flamed I said tempted not that I would.

PS3

• CoffeeBreakCoffeeBreak Member Posts: 236

Response By Email (Ciara) (04/23/2014 06:46 PM)

Greetings ************* !

I hope this message finds you well and happy in the battle fields of Tamriel.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you were reported for your flaming/trolling on the forums. This has resulted in a 24hour suspension for your full account.
    In future, please take care to check you're being polite and respectful when interacting with your fellow forum users. This includes avoiding profanity and vulgar language. Otherwise, we may have to get back to you with less happy news!
    If you're unsure of what constitutes inappropriate language, be sure to check through the Code of Conduct again. This can be found on our official site, http://elderscrollsonline.com/ along with our Terms of Service.

All the best,

Gamemaster Irial

The Elder Scrolls Online Team

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Nope, I was just warning you. But perhaps you will feel differently when it happens to you. Im half tempted to report anything half way wrong so others feel the pain. And before Im flamed I said tempted not that I would.

I don't post L2P replies.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

I don't post L2P replies.

And one doesnt typically get banned from in game on your FIRST offense. Oh btw here is a thread where someone got a 3 day game ban http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/87010/3-day-ban-for-disagreeing-w-mod-post

PS3

• xenomxenom Member UncommonPosts: 116

well who cares for forum bans after being not nice...you are here crying about your ban so i guess it's working ? :P

Originally posted by xenom

well who cares for forum bans after being not nice...you are here crying about your ban so i guess it's working ? :P

You should actually read the post. Its NOT A FORUM BAN BUT A GAME BAN.

PS3

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

This is almost a daily post for any popular game. People will come here to complain they got banned or suspended from the official forums of the game they were flaming or bashing people on. We didn't see your post, we are going based on what you are telling us, for all we know you could have been one of those BUY THIS PURSE NOW 1$ OR BUY A PASSPORT bots. If you get banned from official forums it's usually your own fault. Telling someone to Learn to Play the game is usually pretty rude, and based on what you are saying I'm sure you didn't just say L2P or something, you probably went into detail about how that person was an asshole or something. No sympathy.

PLUS if you got banned even from the game as well, then you must have really been messing with people.

Originally posted by Panther2103
    This is almost a daily post for any popular game. People will come here to complain they got banned or suspended from the official forums of the game they were flaming or bashing people on. We didn't see your post, we are going based on what you are telling us, for all we know you could have been one of those BUY THIS PURSE NOW 1$ OR BUY A PASSPORT bots. If you get banned from official forums it's usually your own fault. Telling someone to Learn to Play the game is usually pretty rude, and based on what you are saying I'm sure you didn't just say L2P or something, you probably went into detail about how that person was an asshole or something. No sympathy.

Again READ. Im not bitching about the forum ban on my first infraction. Im talking about the actual game being banned to me. There are threads in the official forums popping up now from people banned 1-3 days by forum moderators from the game itself.  I am not the only one this is happening to

PS3