Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It´s hate it or love it

intiorizedintiorized Member UncommonPosts: 143

It´s funny, i clicked through many websites and it seems that there´s nothing in between hating or loving the game. On Amazon, Metacrictic and so on, people vote 1 or 5 / 1 or 10 , with few people in between.

Why is that? On the one hand, many bad reviews on Amazon are because of the free month charging thing. Most people who are judging the game and playing it for more than 20 - 30 hours giving the game good reviews. Also the press reviews are that way. Reviewers who have made their review earlier and did not play that much (like f.e. Angry Joe did - 30 hours isn that much) are voting the game down. Reviewers who played 50 hours and more, like 4players.de , Gamestar, Shoddycast are giving the game 7 to 9 / 10. I´ve never seen so many different views of a game, and it makes it hard for people who are on the fence to decide. Everyone of this reviewers have their points. I dont like Angry Joe, i think he is too polemic and dramatic, but he has his points also.

So i think this is a game you have to try, because it doesn´t fit everyones expectations. Maybe they should offer a free trial very soon, it would help.

And in the end, a game is a good game if you have fun with it, besides all bad/good reviews.

http://www.northlanders.rocks

1st German Crowfall Guild

Comments

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    Originally posted by intiorized

It´s funny, i clicked through many websites and it seems that there´s nothing in between hating or loving the game. On Amazon, Metacrictic and so on, people vote 1 or 5 / 1 or 10 , with few people in between.

Why is that? On the one hand, many bad reviews on Amazon are because of the free month charging thing. Most people who are judging the game and playing it for more than 20 - 30 hours giving the game good reviews. Also the press reviews are that way. Reviewers who have made their review earlier and did not play that much (like f.e. Angry Joe did - 30 hours isn that much) are voting the game down. Reviewers who played 50 hours and more, like 4players.de , Gamestar, Shoddycast are giving the game 7 to 9 / 10. I´ve never seen so many different views of a game, and it makes it hard for people who are on the fence to decide. Everyone of this reviewers have their points. I dont like Angry Joe, i think he is too polemic and dramatic, but he has his points also.

So i think this is a game you have to try, because it doesn´t fit everyones expectations. Maybe they should offer a free trial very soon, it would help.

And in the end, a game is a good game if you have fun with it, besides all bad/good reviews.

its a vary polarizing game thats interesting for some people but  alienates a good number of other people. The disparity in the reviews just reflects i wide range of potential reviewers with their own personal preferences.

i mean theres several examples

-solo players tend to love the game..... while people who like to group are forced into soloing because of how the mega server operates

-Many TES fans like the IP because of its freedom...... while TESO provides a very on rails Themepark mmo format

-TESO has a very good PvP endgame....... but forces pvpers to pve in order to be competitive

-Its a very quest centric game which is great for people who play games for story.....but many of the MMO player base is sick of quest grinders.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I don't vote on websites, and since I'm only level 30 and done almost no PvP I couldn't give a proper rating for it.

As of now it's in the 6.5 to 7 category, but could pull higher.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• johnangeljohnangel Member Posts: 15
    I don't get why people love it or hate it for me it's a mediocre game that I now play waiting for better things, with the amount of bugs I personally experienced I can see where the anger is coming from.
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

If ppl play alone and do not like long grinds, then the game is bad. (the counter to long grinds is forming aoe exp farming groups which is similar to crafting and sharing crafts and decontruction with others to make it quicker or simply possible to craft - imo crafting is broken in terms of progression as a solo player.)

If ppl dont like challenges which are challenging mostly due to bugs and abilities being broken then they will find the game more annoying than challenging.

If ppl dont like to feel the pressure of gold sinks, and maintaining a rediculous concern over continous repairs just from questing then gold farming to keep up with gold sinks or paying gold farmers which very well could be devs themselves selling the gold is not their thing and an annoying hassle to deal with.

If simple long winded pvp in the 'open world' feels too simple then its not going to be something they want to do.

If boss mechanics are too simple for them then they wont look forward to other content as well.

The great thing about eso is the amount of quests. Thats about it. There is a bit of character customization but in a game with such a long progression in solo play having different classes that are restricted is more of a hinderance than a reward for 'choice' of a class. 

The rewards in the game aer very limited and simple, and also variety is quite limited as well.

Eso is mostly a single player game that plays as a bad single player with boss mechanics being broken or too simple. There are about 2 moments in the game I felt there was a learning curve for a boss fight but then after that boss fights were the same.

On a positve note, what i liked from the single player is how the areas were affected and became friendly, but in reality it restricted content as well without adding to the end game. Which is a nice effect but has negative concequences with making even open world zones out of phase from others and from yourself if you wanted to farm npcs in a certain area but completed a quest there. Which would be good, but it did not translate into something more. It was more of a negative concequence than a benefit.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    It's not just love or hate, never playing it but trashing it on websites is popular too.
  • PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    No it's not, there are plenty of people in the middle. I guess people see what they want to see.
  • funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
    Mostly what I hear is closer to apathetic than hate. I only have a morbid curiosity over it, but that is more like not being able to turn away from a wreck in progress.
  • ravencultravencult Member UncommonPosts: 17
    It's the same thing ,as with every new mmo,over and over .In a couple of months the qqers will forget about eso and leave it,while the people that really like the game will continue playing it.
  • GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395
    I'm not going to love it or hate, just not gonna play it :)

• mari3kmari3k Member Posts: 135

Depends on the play style.

In Angry Joes review, he played with his GF all the time in PvE. And believe that it was boring and annoying , but for me as solo player the questing part is the best in any mmo. Sure the many players hoping abound in your quest destroys emerson, but you have always hordes of people when a new mmo starts.

PvP is awesome. Even Angry Joe was enjoying it a lot. There are no negative arguments here.

Player progression, Combat, Crafting are also very good. That are the basics of any mmo.

Bugs ... well sure there are some. Mostly because of the phasing system. However, you can fix every bug by just relogging.

For players like me who likes questing alone, good lore and graphics , crafting and massive PvP battles, the game is a 10/10.

Step in the arena and break the wall down