Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yet another surprise weekend ahead Cupcakes!

Comments

• aceofmmosaceofmmos Member Posts: 17
    Yea! Cant w8 for that. I had so much fun during last weekend. WS is shaping to be an excellent MMO.
  • DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398

So there is definitely playtime this weekend?

25th - 27th April?

Last weekend I really got stuck in and loved it. It would be great if there was.

• LookwhostalkingLookwhostalking Member Posts: 63
    Yep. See you on Nexus :)
    holy shit this is great!

• maskcepmaskcep Member UncommonPosts: 6
    They are also raising the level cap to 25 now.
    Originally posted by maskcep
    They are also raising the level cap to 25 now.

Well that doesn't bother me too much Maskcep as im so slow at levelling anyway. Good news , goodnews.

It gives me a chance to dabble with some other classes.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    Hope they fix the fps issue a lot of us are having. Getting between 15 to 25 fps sucks.
  • LookwhostalkingLookwhostalking Member Posts: 63
    I m fine with my fps and Devs said many times, optimization isnt even half finished. But HEY! in this game there will be trial in release (every1 who buys it, gets 3 x 7 days trial to share with others) so none will grab your money with a half finished game (reminds you anything?). Others dont even dare to give a trial and let ppl see what they are going to get :)
  • Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    Originally posted by Lookwhostalking
    I m fine with my fps and Devs said many times, optimization isnt even half finished. But HEY! in this game there will be trial in release (every1 who buys it, gets 3 x 7 days trial to share with others) so none will grab your money with a half finished game (reminds you anything?). Others dont even dare to give a trial and let ppl see what they are going to get :)

A bit scary on the optimization considering were less than 6 weeks from launch.  Not only that from the beta before last my fps issue got a ton worse. It's keeping me from buying the game until I see a huge improvement.

• DaessarDaessar Member Posts: 204
    Originally posted by Greymantle4

A bit scary on the optimization considering were less than 6 weeks from launch.  Not only that from the beta before last my fps issue got a ton worse. It's keeping me from buying the game until I see a huge improvement.

Not at all scary to me, my fps has been fine and I have seen improvement each patch. Your computer and connection is different than mine and different than everyone else that plays the game, so the best advice is to just wait until your fps is satisfactory and if it never becomes good enough for you, oh well, better luck next time.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Same here. Since i guess that what we see in the beta is what we get at launch, i did not preorder. I will give the game 1-2 big patches and hopefully someone will then have a guest pass for me.

If fps don't increase by a huge margin, Wildstar will fall into the category "nice game, but not worth the literal 20fps headache" for me.

• aceofmmosaceofmmos Member Posts: 17
    Hope they fix the fps issue a lot of us are having. Getting between 15 to 25 fps sucks.

Hmm.. i got no less then 30. Ultra High setting except shadows are on medium. Usually its 60 or 30 FPS, even in W.Temple pvp zone.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Many of the fps issues as of late are related to the new UI. They have consistently been improving the FPS each time. The last weekend was the first time with the new UI and its apparent they did have bugs to fix with it. I think those issues should be easily solved though as UI fps issues are one of the easier issues to clean up typically. Betas often times have such issues close to launch still as things are continuously cleaned up. Worst comes to worst, you might need to tune down your graphics to handle the game. While theres a chance stuff might linger after launch, its nothing really new as I can't recall a single MMO that released 100% perfect with its optimization. It should be mostly contained by then.

Still, if your sketchy there is nothing wrong with holding off. I personally recommend holding off on an MMO till a month or so after launch. People who buy into an MMo at launch at the suckers, which for me I'm playing sucker once again for this game (last one was FF14:ARR which struck gold for my time I got out of it). No reason if your unsure to invest, just remember that all games have issues and don't use that exclusively as a reason not to get it if your otherwise into the game.