Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Angry Joe Show 5/10

Comments

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    I like Angry Joes reviews, hes usually spot on most of the time. He does post videos apologizing too if he finds hes made a mistake. I am not a fan of the entire show but the meat and potatoes is good.
  • DeathmachinePTDeathmachinePT Member UncommonPosts: 119

AJ has played over 100h of ESO and he has played probably a dozen of MMOs.

Between GW2 and ESO you paid for GW2 only once when ESO is a pure money crab just to take advantage of TES fanboys, the value of what you are getting usually account for a couple of points of the final review score.

ASROCK Z97 E-ITX 
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.5Ghz+KrakenX41
    Gigabyte 1070 8GB Mini OC
    16GB Crucial 1333mhz 1.3V
    SWG 8 Year Vet, WW2OL 8 Year Vet.
    Aka Darksparrow Rancorheart(tempest/farstar), Fxmkorp

• Home15Home15 Member Posts: 203

LOL @ tree voice.

Zenimax realy ? you guys are funny, or more like amateurs.

• blootmageblootmage Member UncommonPosts: 10

No problem, if they do go B2P I wouldn't mind then i'll probably get it on a discount too if I get the chance  ,cause the PvP looks fun.

That is if they really do go B2P without the annoying cash shop.

"Reply too udon"

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422

AngryJoe makes some good reviews.

The game has fantastic questing, exploration and some good PVP imo but its not going to be enough in the long run.

Not been impressed by the exploits and bots or lack of official statements assuring me anything will be done about them.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by DeathmachinePT

AJ has played over 100h of ESO and he has played probably a dozen of MMOs.

Between GW2 and ESO you paid for GW2 only once when ESO is a pure money crab just to take advantage of TES fanboys, the value of what you are getting usually account for a couple of points of the final review score.

Yea, that's why GW2 is number 3 for highest revenue per player between all F2P games according to this site.

http://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/mmo-arpu/

Anyone who think's GW2 is B2P is delusional.  It's as hard core F2P as F2P comes with a upfront purchase price added on top for good measure.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by Hariken
    Great review from what i've heard . And i find it funny how alot of you are calling him a nobody and he sucks. But if he gave it a 10 you woulld be saying how spot on his reveiws are.  His reveiws always carry weight in the gaming industry whether you like it or not.

Actually someone mentioned he gave GW2 a 10, and that loses all respect from me on that point alone.  There has never been a 10 in the MMO space, and to give a newly launched game one means that the score has no sound basis.

But as for his 5 rating, that sounds quite reasonable actually, I am enjoying it but I can see how some of the PVE issues could drag down it's score, I couldn't put it much higher than a 6.5 to 7 at this point, mostly because I haven't really given the PVP a go yet, that might drag it up a bit for me.

One thing, the PVE might be more enjoyable once the number of people actually dies down.  It's not nearly engaging right now when you have to struggle to kill a boss mob amid all the other players in the open world or one of the public dungeons that's totally bot infested currently.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Great review from what i've heard . And i find it funny how alot of you are calling him a nobody and he sucks. But if he gave it a 10 you woulld be saying how spot on his reveiws are.  His reveiws always carry weight in the gaming industry whether you like it or not.

Exactly.  If he was a "nobody" this thread wouldn't have gotten as big as it had unlike the comical , "My honest review...." type of threads that usually burn out after 3 to 5 pages.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

Originally posted by rodingo

Exactly.  If he was a "nobody" this thread wouldn't have gotten as big as it had unlike the comical , "My honest review...." type of threads that usually burn out after 3 to 5 pages.

I don't think he is a nobody although I do think he should stick to console shooters which seem to be more his thing.

ESO has it's faults but to say it's worse than almost all other MMO's released both F2P and B2P over the last 10 years is just silly.  

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    That daedric army invasion part was brilliant!
  • tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Great review, he is always usually on the money and he sums most of my disappointments up here.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by nttajira

who this guy and why i should care ?

brb creating my youtube profile HAPPY man and give this game 8/10 when they fix the bugs....

will post there, wait for it !!

Didn't you know that every unemployed person with a Youtube account creating game reviews -and hopes he gets hired by a game magazine sometime- is a very credible source?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by Muke

brb creating my youtube profile HAPPY man and give this game 8/10 when they fix the bugs....

Didn't you know that every unemployed person with a Youtube account creating game reviews -and hopes he gets hired by a game magazine sometime- is a very credible source?

Wtf are you on about? He is one of the best reviewers out there, much better than most shitty shits like IGN.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Was an honest review, can't really argue with anything he said.

A lot of it is echoing what many players have been saying for a while now.

Zenimax made a real mess of something that should have been so easy to do.

It's a shame but at least people are up in arms about the disgusting pricing model and are voting with their feet, will be interresting to see how bad the subs figures are 2-3 months in, im guessing terminal leading to the eventual, almost inevitable F2P.

Sick of gaming companies bleeding gamers dry.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by Muke

Could you be more clueless? I doubt it.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Originally posted by fantasyfreak112
    That daedric army invasion part was brilliant!

I liked the bit with the quest dialogue from the talking tree.  So bad I thought it was a skit for a bit.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by Zinzan

Yet everyone wants the game to go F2P.  Every F2P game I've ever played has always wanted to bleed me dry and spend over $500 in the first month to unlock everything.  Subscription games just want $40-100 upfront and $15 a month as long as I play...Who's bleeding the gamers now?

• DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424
    Originally posted by udon

I don't think he is a nobody although I do think he should stick to console shooters which seem to be more his thing.

Joe plays mostly RPG's, but also alot of different game genres. And while he doesn't seem to get much into mmos, he reviewed, GW2, PS2, ESO, and talked about TOR, WS, and, as i said, Archeage. So he's clearly not some "console shooter guy" that doesn't know jack.

In fact, he goes into more detailed points and presents footage to show what's refering to. That's far more than teh average review from random internet guy nº 34355, being it here on mmorpg.com, metacritic, massively, or any site.

I do which he would have gone further into characer development, crafting and pvp, which are also my favorite things. But still a more competant review than most. As for me, having onyl played beta, i can only agree or disagree on a limited scale, and that's why i can't rate it.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by EvilBeavers
    I too like to get my opinions about things I might be interested from others! Is there anyone who does video reviews of things I should be wearing or things I should be watching? I would love to have to not formulate a complex thought in my head about if I like or dislike something based on my own experiences.

Boy is this the thread for you!

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Originally posted by Gravarg

Yet everyone wants the game to go F2P.  Every F2P game I've ever played has always wanted to bleed me dry and spend over $500 in the first month to unlock everything.  Subscription games just want $40-100 upfront and $15 a month as long as I play...Who's bleeding the gamers now?

I've played and enjoyed several F2P games for free. If ESO goes F2P, I might be inclined to check it out. If I like it a lot, I might even spend some money on it, but as it stands, there's no way I'm paying $60 plus a sub to play it. 

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by DEAD.line
    Joe plays mostly RPG's, but also alot of different game genres. And while he doesn't seem to get much into mmos, he reviewed, GW2, PS2, ESO, and talked about TOR, WS, and, as i said, Archeage. So he's clearly not some "console shooter guy" that doesn't know jack.

It all should not matter. In fact a grandma who never played a game before giving a honest review would most likely be the best one! She would not be biased because it would not look like ES, that it has to many people or that it isnot MMO enough.

Originally posted by simsalabim77

I've played and enjoyed several F2P games for free. If ESO goes F2P, I might be inclined to check it out. If I like it a lot, I might even spend some money on it, but as it stands, there's no way I'm paying $60 plus a sub to play it. 

And I won't spend a dime in a another F2P game where everything you do in game is a decision between how much time you want to spend doing repetitive tasks and how much money you want to spend ala Farmville with a MMO frontend.

I tired to go back to SWTOR a few times since it went F2P and you know what?  All the issues I had with that game when it was a sub are still there and they added a bunch of annoying pay restrictions on top of it.  SWTOR isn't a better game F2P it's worse and I can't imagine ESO would turn out any different.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Originally posted by udon
    Originally posted by simsalabim77

And I won't spend a dime in a another F2P game where everything you do in game is a decision between how much time you want to spend doing repetitive tasks and how much money you want to spend ala Farmville with a MMO frontend.

I tired to go back to SWTOR a few times since it went F2P and you know what?  All the issues I had with that game when it was a sub are still there and they added a bunch of annoying pay restrictions on top of it.  SWTOR isn't a better game F2P it's worse and I can't imagine ESO would turn out any different.

You pay $60 and a subscription to do repetitive tasks. I pay nothing to do repetitive tasks. I like it a lot more when I can try out the repetitive tasks for free instead of paying up-front to do so. 

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Really didn't expect this thread to end up as a F2P vs P2P thread. Gonna see if we can get this locked.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Really didn't expect this thread to end up as a F2P vs P2P thread. Gonna see if we can get this locked.

But that's really what it is all about right?  If the game was F2P then all sorts of people would be amazed with it and far more forgiving of its flaws.

In fact, many would return the minute it went F2P, they just won't pay the outrageous sum of $14.99 a month for it.

Go figure.

Great value in my book so far.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

This discussion has been closed.