Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Angry Joe Show 5/10

Comments

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874
    Originally posted by Horusra
    So did you cry in early wow when it was not till much later you could afford horses..or is it just keeping up with the jones you are troubled by?

Most people didn't get into WoW until post Burning Crusade where it was easier to get a mount. 

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by Horusra
    So did you cry in early wow when it was not till much later you could afford horses..or is it just keeping up with the jones you are troubled by?

Early WoW did not sell mounts in cash shop or offered them in premium packages. Everybody was on the equal terms, which is not the case in ESO.

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

I'm so glad i didn't spend my money on this game. It doesn't matter whether you like Angry Joe or not, he speaks the truth: this game has serious issues, and many of them are not technical, which would have been understandable, even.

To me it looks 5 out of 10 is very generous for this game. Thank god they tried to break out from the WoW mold, tho.

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

Oh no .... lesser known guy on the internet that makes game review video rants doesn't like the online game as much as I do?!

Well crap, then I'll have to stop playing and liking this game so much now....

Oh wait. I don't really care. I think I'll keep playing and loving it.

Just wish they could fix the lag issues...

• AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217
    Oh well! I love it despite what reviewers say :>
  • BoraellBoraell Member UncommonPosts: 97

Who really cares? It's one guys opinion and, if your enjoying the game, it shouldn't affect you. Are people today really such sheep that they cant make their own opinion, or that they change their mind based on some 'celeb' review.

Does the game have problems, yes. Does it also have potential? In my opinion, yes. Personally I think AJ comes across as a stereotypical 'ADD console gamer', and the majority of his viewers are likely to have the same views and interests in games as he do, so how many of them would buy, and enjoy, the game anyway?

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

First of all..

Hes exagerating everything, but thats what he does,,Everything he sais is just blown up in proportion.

example. You can get that 17k for a horse long Before you are 20 just by Selling looted stuff

Second of all..

Hes has all these  addons, show xp, show map, etc etc..What that tells me of him is that hes far to much in a hurry to just level than actually enjoying the game for what it is..Yet he KEEPS going on and on about immersion and the likes, It's all there if you just slow down, and I honestly havent seen a more immersive  MMO than this Before, It's totally great in this department.

It's the stressed guys that plays this game that has the most trouble with it, because the faster you run around the less immersed you will be.

example. Sharing quests is NOT a good idea, the other player wont know what he is doing, and you will ending up just clicking trough dialogues and choosing diffrent dialogues . then you will end up in diffrent phases of the quest.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by DEAD.line
    Originally posted by Vapors

Joe clearly forgot the reason why mounts are so expensive and golds drops are so low:

Or maybe he didn't know about it.

Mounts are expensive? I guess everyone can afford a mount at level 20 or atleast 25. It toogles down the speed of leveling and exploring for lower levels. and yes everyone who bought this horse with euros levels faster... but we dont live in the world of jelousy, do we?:)

So to get an entry level mount, i have to get half way to the leveling experience? That's just stupid. In beta, i got to around 9k gold in the starter islands. The first horse is 17k, if i'm not mistaken. 

As Joe says, it really is "F2P tactic". Now, if they buffed the gold from drops, chests, etc, and made it easier in the release version, that's great, and i take it back. But otherwise, it's obviously a way to get people to pay.

Gold is hard to get, first mount costs alot of money, allow players to buy it with irl cash. Considering ESO already as a box and sub fee, that's pretty milky IMO.

The only other "milking tactic" i hate more is allowing players to play in any faction by onyl pre-ordering. This is second in my book. 

When did it become a standard MMO thing to just give people mounts extremely early and extremely cheap? The majority of games require you to meet certain minimum level requirements to even be able to ride a mount period, on top of generally having a pretty high cost which normally isnt met through regular leveling play and you need to do some (several hours) of extra farming for gold or picking up some crafts and selling your wares to cover the extra gold needed.

Yes, actual gold drops are very low, but what do you think you get from selling off all the gear you pick up along the way or breaking items down and selling the materials? Gold drops are not meant to be a huge source of income, otherwise it would just inflate things even further and make actual crafting more meaningless.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    In mmo you are never truly equal.
  • DarkeonDarkeon Member UncommonPosts: 48
  • nightbird305nightbird305 Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by Rusque
    Originally posted by nightbird305

To put thing into perspective:

Angry Joe gave GW2 a perfect 10 (legendary!)

Witcher 2 got an 8.

Dragon Age 2 got a 7!!!  Say what you will about ESO, it's easily miles better than the travesty that was DA2. On top of that, how does Witcher 2 only get a single point higher than DA2? Really, they're not even on the same planet.

Has he really only reviewed 2 MMO's? Does this guy even play MMO's?

Watch http://youtu.be/Ax-_06Acj8Y?t=27m40s he explains not only his 10/10 for GW2 but how you should view his review scores in general.

I could mention again that this is one guys opinion, and it may not be the same as yours, but that horse has been beaten to death.

Okay, his opinion is "just one guys opinion" and so is mine. So if that's how you feel about it, why did you make this thread if his opinion is just as valid as mine?

To add variety to the "Reviews & Impressions" sub-forum. I encourage you to post your own review if you haven't already.

• DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

Joe clearly forgot the reason why mounts are so expensive and golds drops are so low:

Mounts are expensive? I guess everyone can afford a mount at level 20 or atleast 25. It toogles down the speed of leveling and exploring for lower levels. and yes everyone who bought this horse with euros levels faster... but we dont live in the world of jelousy, do we?:)

So to get an entry level mount, i have to get half way to the leveling experience?

In most mmos you dont even have the option to buy a mount until around 15+. At least in this you can ride one as soon as you start.  Dont blame anyone if you personally cant figure out how to get the money and buy it because I have seen plenty of people who bought it before even level 10, and I mean the normal horses not imperial ones.

By paying extra money after paying a box and sub?

You don't get it. My issue isn't even the price of mount or how fast you can get it. It's the fact that the mounts cost quite abit of money but you can bypass it by spendign rl cash.

I don't care about othes getting their horses, i don't care if it takes some time to get mine. I'ts the fact that Zeni is milking it's players, in their face. If the horse wasn't in the cash shop,then it'd just be a annoying thing, but no.

Funnier is that, as expected, the fans defend this practice. First, subs are suppose to keep cash shops and these kinds of moves out so everyone is at the same levels. Now, it's ok because you don't need it and it's just convinience.

If it was Wildstar pulling this off, everyone would lose their sh** over it. But because it's the game they like, it's fine. And then people complain about "cash shops everywhere".

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by DMKano

Okay, his opinion is "just one guys opinion" and so is mine. So if that's how you feel about it, why did you make this thread if his opinion is just as valid as mine?

Because his reviews (like it or not) carry a lot more clout than what any of us here say or think.

That's reality.

AngryJoe gets a LOT of views, so his opinions carry more weight (it is just another man's opinion - and yes it is not any more valid than anyone elses)

But we live in the age of "celebrity" - and the public looks up and listens to celebrity, it DOES affect public opinion, there is no denying that.

Yes, but I wanted the OP to say it, because the OP posted this thread with the intention of creating a flame war revolving around the value of Joe's review. Notice how the OP offers nothing beyond, "look at this negative review!"

Dude hasn't posted in 2 years, and his first post in 2 years is, "5/10 for ESO". And that's all he can say?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't care if people have negative or positive opinions about something that I like or dislike. But if you're going to post something, you have to offer something to discuss otherwise you're clearly trolling.

Want to post Joe's review? Great. What about his review did you agree/disagree with? Or are you just happy that it was a low score regardless of what was said in the review?

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

Yes, actual gold drops are very low, but what do you think you get from selling off all the gear you pick up along the way or breaking items down and selling the materials? Gold drops are not meant to be a huge source of income, otherwise it would just inflate things even further and make actual crafting more meaningless.

I would agree with this, but bosses who drop only 2 gold and nothing more, and horses being sold in an item shop in a game with a sub fee is ridiculous.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

if this mmo is a 5/10 i would like to see what current mmo is an 8 or above. because i don't think one exists.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Because his reviews (like it or not) carry a lot more clout than what any of us here say or think.

That's reality.

AngryJoe gets a LOT of views, so his opinions carry more weight (it is just another man's opinion - and yes it is not any more valid than anyone elses)

But we live in the age of "celebrity" - and the public looks up and listens to celebrity, it DOES affect public opinion, there is no denying that.

Yes, but I wanted the OP to say it, because the OP posted this thread with the intention of creating a flame war revolving around the value of Joe's review. Notice how the OP offers nothing beyond, "look at this negative review!"

Dude hasn't posted in 2 years, and his first post in 2 years is, "5/10 for ESO". And that's all he can say?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't care if people have negative or positive opinions about something that I like or dislike. But if you're going to post something, you have to offer something to discuss otherwise you're clearly trolling.

Want to post Joe's review? Great. What about his review did you agree/disagree with? Or are you just happy that it was a low score regardless of what was said in the review?

And now you've stooped to discrediting the OP. He wasn't inflammatory at all. He posted Angry Joe's review and showed the score he gave.

• Saio3Saio3 Member UncommonPosts: 88

That's reality.

Lol who cares about op? It could've been me, If i followed the guy, or anyone else for that matter. Isn't posting links of game reviews a normal thing in forums? 

Don't hate the messenger...

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Rusque ,what ,you are trying to lecture the OP on how to create a thread now is it ? You say his motivations are to create a flame war. Why because he posted a negative review. If he had posted a positive one would your views be different. My god the guy posted a review from Angry Joe which many people like to watch and this is your quibble. Weak sauce.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Darkeon

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/04/21/the-elder-scrolls-online-review

here's another opinion  - 7.8

One that does an obvious tongue job to the game by neglecting the dupes to a large degree and merely mentions gamebreaking bugs. Nice.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

To put thing into perspective:

Angry Joe gave GW2 a perfect 10 (legendary!)

Witcher 2 got an 8.

Dragon Age 2 got a 7!!!  Say what you will about ESO, it's easily miles better than the travesty that was DA2. On top of that, how does Witcher 2 only get a single point higher than DA2? Really, they're not even on the same planet.

Has he really only reviewed 2 MMO's? Does this guy even play MMO's?

Watch http://youtu.be/Ax-_06Acj8Y?t=27m40s he explains not only his 10/10 for GW2 but how you should view his review scores in general.

I could mention again that this is one guys opinion, and it may not be the same as yours, but that horse has been beaten to death.

To add variety to the "Reviews & Impressions" sub-forum. I encourage you to post your own review if you haven't already.

I have already.

Originally posted by BeansnBread

That's reality.

And now you've stooped to discrediting the OP. He wasn't inflammatory at all. He posted Angry Joe's review and showed the score he gave.

Yes, that is what he did. Re-read your own statement until you realize that he didn't initiate any discussion and instead only presented a link. So there's not really anything to discredit is there as the OP did exactly what you said he did.

So instead of anything in this thread resembling a discussion about ESO, it's only about the merit of the reviewer and the OP's intent. If he had said something, at least then we could debate it, but he didn't, so we can't. So the purpose of this thread is?

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Yes, that is what he did. Re-read your own statement until you realize that he didn't initiate any discussion and instead only presented a link. So there's not really anything to discredit is there as the OP did exactly what you said he did.

So instead of anything in this thread resembling a discussion about ESO, it's only about the merit of the reviewer and the OP's intent. If he had said something, at least then we could debate it, but he didn't, so we can't. So the purpose of this thread is?

/smh

It was posted with the intent of discussing Angry Joe's review...

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    The purpose of this thread is to present Angry Joe's review and it is only objectionable to you obviously because it was negative. So plain as the nose on your face.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Can't take the loser serious.

Define loser because objectively he is anything but (living any gamer's dream).

I am pretty sure a lot of none gamer's would define anyone living the gamer's dream as being a loser :P

• RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208

GW2 gets 10/10

ESO gets 5/10

Ive played both, and I enjoyed the leveling in both games. However the game after you reach cap (or lets say VR1 for ESO) is quite different. In GW2 u had a cluster fuck of zerg and unstructured dungeon gameplay. In ESO you at leats have trinity and less Zerg.

I wont comment on PvP, as I havent done that much, but personally I see more future in ESO than I did in Gw2, which quickly grew stale once you hit lvl 80.

IMO ESO should be higher around 8/10, and GW2 should be lower also around 8/10. 

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

So to get an entry level mount, i have to get half way to the leveling experience?

In most mmos you dont even have the option to buy a mount until around 15+. At least in this you can ride one as soon as you start.  Dont blame anyone if you personally cant figure out how to get the money and buy it because I have seen plenty of people who bought it before even level 10, and I mean the normal horses not imperial ones.

By paying extra money after paying a box and sub?

You don't get it. My issue isn't even the price of mount or how fast you can get it. It's the fact that the mounts cost quite abit of money but you can bypass it by spendign rl cash.

I don't care about othes getting their horses, i don't care if it takes some time to get mine. I'ts the fact that Zeni is milking it's players, in their face. If the horse wasn't in the cash shop,then it'd just be a annoying thing, but no.

Funnier is that, as expected, the fans defend this practice. First, subs are suppose to keep cash shops and these kinds of moves out so everyone is at the same levels. Now, it's ok because you don't need it and it's just convinience.

If it was Wildstar pulling this off, everyone would lose their sh** over it. But because it's the game they like, it's fine. And then people complain about "cash shops everywhere".

So then just, yo know, dont buy it. Nobody is forcing anyone to spend real $ on it. It is optional. Kind of a pointless option as well considering very few people would actually buy just the horse when the 17k to buy one is actually fairly easy to get if you manage your money well and know what to sell. Hell I've probably blown through an average of 5-10k a day just in crafting mats, backpack / bank upgrades, feeding my horses, upgrading my gear, etc for all of my characters the highest of which is only 31 now. 17k is practically nothing after your first few days.

This discussion has been closed.