Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert: The Beauty of the World Displayed in New Video

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The beauty that is the world of Black Desert shines in the latest video from the game's second closed beta in Korea. From cities to raging rivers to small hamlets, the gorgeousness and activity of the Black Desert world sparkles. Check it out and let us know what you think!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Swids2010Swids2010 Member Posts: 244
    SO looking forward to this but so far away

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Want it now.
  • PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263
    DAT map

l2p

• GeezerGaz82GeezerGaz82 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    can't wait for this game
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Wonder if we'll see it by 2015?
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    This is only part of the map, also dungeons, hidden caves and more exist in the world all of which were not shown for the players sake. Did I mention nothing is instanced not even dungeons ? Finally someone gets it.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Don't kill me but it reminds me of Limsa Lominsa in FFXIV parts of it I mean.
    Chamber of Chains
  • TenkouseiTenkousei Member UncommonPosts: 114

Holy crap, jaw-droppingly beautiful.

I'd almost put money on this one, i just hope we won't have to go through the whole westernization deal.

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by cheyane
    Don't kill me but it reminds me of Limsa Lominsa in FFXIV parts of it I mean.

It's the way rocks popup everywhere on the land. Which is rather funny because agriculture most be a nightmare in those lands.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

Please say there is no loading zones... Just one big open world. :D

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    @lahuzer - its one giant open world. No loading screen or invisible walls. Even dungeons are open world.

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

And ladies and gentlemen - this is just 1 of 7 or 8 zones (not sure how many there is right now),which are said to be SEAMLESSLY CONNECTED

This game is nuts, im moving to korea

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

Originally posted by Pivotelite
    @lahuzer - its one giant open world. No loading screen or invisible walls. Even dungeons are open world.

*brings tears to my eyes*

Why does this game not have a distributor in the west yet? Who doesn't want a piece of this!?!? Common!!! Me wanna play dis naaaoow!!!
  • TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    This trailer looks amazing but is a better tm tech demo than something that will actually be a real game. The promise of a see less photo realistic world is awesome but the average PC just is'nt there.
  • AndistotleAndistotle Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Originally posted by Tekaelon
    This trailer looks amazing but is a better tm tech demo than something that will actually be a real game. The promise of a see less photo realistic world is awesome but the average PC just is'nt there.

what? This the first video you seen from this game?

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499

The danger with these gigantic worlds as always is the emptiness that inevitably follows. That's one of the reasons the offline Elders Scrolls were so amazing. Even though it had huge open worlds it was also overflowing with content in every direction.

Hopefully this game learns from giant empty meaningless worlds like Vanguard, preferably before launch.

• SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354
    I want to play it and all but I fail to understand the title Black Desert? I don't see any desert there and even if there is one it's not the whole game or reason enough to call the game that.

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

Asian MMO standard: beautiful graphics and models. smooth animations, terrible gameplay, repetitive content.

I wish I was wrong :(

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Why do posters get so excited about great graphics without even looking into it's gameplay aspects?  Looking at the rest of the game it looks like a very pretty very typical f2p game that offers little in the way of innovation or interesting gameplay.
  • RylahRylah Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Why do posters get so excited about great graphics without even looking into it's gameplay aspects?  Looking at the rest of the game it looks like a very pretty very typical f2p game that offers little in the way of innovation or interesting gameplay.

And you draw that conclusion from which information?

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    All I can comment on is the graphics. They look amazing, but I wonder how smoothly they will run at that resolution on a normal computer. 

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Rylah

There is tons of information about this game on their website and multiple other websites out there, all you have to do a search for it.  Utube also has lots of gameplay videos.

Secondly the game is NOT a sandbox like they attempt to advertise it as such.  It has rigid class structures which invalidate it being called a sandbox.  It is just another f2p themepark done in the Korean style.   Koreans love that style and this game will be highly sought after because of that.  I just don't think it will do that well in the west.  Just my opinion of course.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Originally posted by Rylah

There is tons of information about this game on their website and multiple other websites out there, all you have to do a search for it.  Utube also has lots of gameplay videos.

Secondly the game is NOT a sandbox like they attempt to advertise it as such.  It has rigid class structures which invalidate it being called a sandbox.  It is just another f2p themepark done in the Korean style.   Koreans love that style and this game will be highly sought after because of that.  I just don't think it will do that well in the west.  Just my opinion of course.

That's what I've reckoned. Looks nice though.

Fly-by vids are a marketing tool that I don't find to be very valuable or imaginative either speaking about the vid. One step better than CGI marketing vids however: I hope devs can do better on marketing.

• MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223

I think after this kind of positive and exciting attitude of us playerbase, it is hard to think that many western publishers are not drawn to it.There may be near future plans for this shiny pearl but lets hope from some good company...

BTW it is frekking mesmerizing.I wanted to vomit joy and freedom out of my stomach.

beLIEve