Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goldspammers have random names

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I found that 90% of the golspammers have random names ( random letter combintions sometimes with numbers).  I was surprised to find out that also their accountnames where random names... Which really surprised me and made me think..

i came to the conclusion that..

a) goldspammers hack accounts and change the accountnames..... ( not possible)

b) goldspammers buy their game and account just like any other players. ( highly unlikely)

c) Zenimax has special free accounts for goldsellers with random names (cant be true)

d) Goldspammers have hacked Zenimax account system and can create as many accounts as they want..

just cant figure out any other reasoning behind goldspammers using mostly accounts with random names..

maybe i am wrong, in general i am not a believer in a conspiracy theory, but this time...

i hope someone can tell me the reasoning behind those random generated names of the goldspammers.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Key gen probably.
  • funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    this game is flooded with gold spammers
  • NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334

And thhe correct answer is:

e) Stolen credit card info -> open several (normal) accounts -> use until card is canceled/accounts are closed.

(so basically (b), but for free.)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Naevius

e) Stolen credit card info -> open several (normal) accounts -> use until card is canceled/accounts are closed.

Yes, i can see how this would work.....  

So obvious and i didnt see it 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Indicating the criminal nature of these goldsellers...

why are some people foolish enough to buy stuff with these people...  

Handing over their credit card info to them in the process

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

Rinse and repeat if they are dealing with stolen CC, the gold buyer then becomes the unwitting investor in a new Gold selling account.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

Greed.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    That is why I loath the people who buy from them they need to be crushed and ground to dust. image
    Chamber of Chains
  • AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

Also due to the duping/hacks and Gold selling epidemic within ESO I have reluctantly cancelled my subscription before my free month was up.

Once they sort themselves out, get a grip of the situation I would love to come back to the game, but not until I see them taking seriously the importance of acting on players reports of hacks/dupes/goldsellers.

I'm sure I'm not alone in being disappointed in how these issues are being dealt with, inaction will lead to more frustration from those who just want to play the game, and not looking to make a fast buck.

Sorry to derail the thread, but I felt my own issue with the current situation was worth mentioning.

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by cheyane
    That is why I loath the people who buy from them they need to be crushed and ground to dust. image

The buyers are actually the problem. I don't think they need to be ground to dust, but if that factor would be removed in some way then the sellers would dry up.

So true...   If nobody buys this stuff from them, they will go away, as their only reason to be here is making money

They are ruining every game that is why the buyers need to be crushed and ground to dust.  Every game that has come out in some way or another even duping is all related to gold selling.
    Chamber of Chains
  • OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Thanks for stating out the obvious...  none would have ever figured this out without you.
  • ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141

i've said it before and will again.

Goldsellers infect mmo's not because of buyers but because of potential buyers. You CAN NoT get rid of them. You could try but it won't ever happen. Hell even indie niche games got them. 

they're here to stay, deal with it.  Why ? cause devs are lazy and wont combatant them.

There was this interview wait let me get it ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWvHcoqru7I

Where he talks about legal ways to do it. It is so frightening that even legally they can do so much. What more illegally.

Chamber of Chains
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Of course once some suckers have bought gold via their credit cards, they've just given the goldseller another credit card to use.  Some people never learn.  :D

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by cheyane

The buyers are actually the problem. I don't think they need to be ground to dust, but if that factor would be removed in some way then the sellers would dry up.

My thought as well on it. It's why I never blamed devs for going the F2P route or using micro transactions. IF people are willing to give to third parties for an advantage, companies might as well take advantage of people wanting that convenience, not to mention earning that extra loot.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson