Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ZeniMax's official stance is that the dupe only took place yesterday, the 17'th.

13»

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

/shrug

Don't see how it impacts me. Whatever, back to having fun exploring!

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

Like said above..you see people for what they really are. You see some that hide there head in the sand and don't want to get involved. Have some that just go crazy lol so to speak and then some that just plain out lie.

Me..I'm not like most. I look at life as..what if it was me what would I want..thats what I do. Game or real life I may not like it but I will help. If it was my game I would want players to help to report not to cheat. Most do..  You say sure you would here but in game or our in real life you wont.

Case in point took two kids to mall. The show asked just before this if you saw two kids lost in a mall would you help? DUH ALL said yes. So 616 people walked past the two little girls and never helped. Real life yet same in game. You dont care.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by Bigdavo

This is nothing compared to the infamous Neverwinter Online's 'Caturday'.

Anyone else who was playing at the time will know what I'm talking about. The funny thing was, mass hysteria for a day, literally 2 days later it was like it never happened, I'm talking about massive exploit to gain cash shop currency.

Funny thing was, it was reported months in advance.

And that was when I left the game. Gamers are very forgiving for their favorite games. If I was playing ESO and had made a long term committment via subbing I would be trying to get a refund.  It is time enough companies stopped pulling this crap. I expect  ESO fans will simply suck it up and subscribe for another month however.  

• shawkandaweshawkandawe Member Posts: 4

sSome idiot does an Amazon review and we are supposed to take his word as gospel? Please there's no hireling dupe. 

And he edited his review a lot. Lists the edits on the bottom. He is just a hater.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo
    Havent experienced one bug yet, too busy having fun

Not even a single bug? i guess some people have all the luck.

I wonder how you escaped the slow loading screens when the entire mega server was having this issue along with delay in chats, mails etc.

• STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

I wonder how you escaped the slow loading screens when the entire mega server was having this issue along with delay in chats, mails etc.

Look BigDuddy posted against ESO again...what a shock.

Originally posted by STYNKFYST

Nothing is 'against' ESO in my post just stating facts. When entire server was having long loading screens and delays in chats; mails etc it is hard to take statements like 'haven't experienced one bug yet'. That is just a white lie.

• shawkandaweshawkandawe Member Posts: 4

To all the haters: ZM already knows about this dupe and are working on fixing it.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/23grhh/there_is_another_new_dupe/

Stop making mountains out of molehills. It's not like this is an MMO where money actually matters. Oh big whoop I can buy some siege gear and consumables. Who cares?

• mrgrimrprmrgrimrpr Member Posts: 87

Don't worry. He's played almost 200 hours of ESO, but wants to complain about everything.

Nothing to see here.

• safire312safire312 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Originally posted by shawkandawe

Stop making mountains out of molehills. It's not like this is an MMO where money actually matters. Oh big whoop I can buy some siege gear and consumables. Who cares?

For now, but you never know whats going to be in the future, they can buy better endgame enchants,items,upgrades, maybe mounts, houses, and its very very big disadvantage, just think about you playing 10h/per day farming 100k golds for some fancyschmancy mount, because you want to show that you are rich that you can afford this expensive mount, and some d*ck just bugged 50milion golds in 30minutes. 

Originally posted by mrgrimrpr

Don't worry. He's played almost 200 hours of ESO, but wants to complain about everything.

Nothing to see here.

Dude..how many alt accounts do you have on these forums? wow!!

And yes i do like to discuss the bugs and other issues about the game. If it bothers you i suggest stop visiting the forums maybe. That is a lot better option than back and forth flaming.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by skeaser

/shrug

Don't see how it impacts me. Whatever, back to having fun exploring!

Well it might affect the population , you see back in 2007 after Phantasy Star Universe had been out about 3 months. There was a duping exploit , people where duping items that where from the separate offline game and those items where not in the online game. So ( this was the PC / PS2 version ) either Sega banned a bunch of people and / or they left. The population went down by   2 / 3 , a lot and it never recovered , ever.

At least it lasted 3 months , ESO had a duping bug this early on in it's life is a worry.

So don't be too heisty with your I don't see how it affects me.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

Nothing is 'against' ESO in my post just stating facts. When entire server was having long loading screens and delays in chats; mails etc it is hard to take statements like 'haven't experienced one bug yet'. That is just a white lie.

long loads aren't 'bugs' - you do know what a 'bug' is right?

As far as this thread goes.  It's just another company releasing a game too early and trying to spin things in their favor.

Nothing to see here.

And yes i do like to discuss the bugs and other issues about the game. If it bothers you i suggest stop visiting the forums maybe. That is a lot better option than back and forth flaming.

Classic. I'm perfectly fine with you voicing your opinion on the game, but anyone can see your posting history. Awful amount of negativity for someone who has played a game almost 9 hours a day since release.

So, instead of accusing me of having multiple forum accounts, perhaps you can get the stick out of your ass and perhaps give the people your unbiased opinion (if you are capable of that, probably not).

There is no flaming, just discussion, and if you are uncomfortable doing that, you probably should stop visiting the forums maybe.

Nothing to see here.

Classic. I'm perfectly fine with you voicing your opinion on the game, but anyone can see your posting history. Awful amount of negativity for someone who has played a game almost 9 hours a day since release.

So, instead of accusing me of having multiple forum accounts, perhaps you can get the stick out of your ass and perhaps give the people your unbiased opinion (if you are capable of that, probably not).

There is no flaming, just discussion, and if you are uncomfortable doing that, you probably should stop visiting the forums maybe.

Apparently you are not because you have been trying to flame me on multiple accounts for several days now.

Listen, you are not fooling me allright? and i know for sure soon you will get this account banned too. I talk about games and you talk about me. See the difference? its really unhealthy if you ask me. I don't know why my crticism of game bothers you that much that you have to take it so personally and follow me around on forums on multiple accounts.

Step away from PC and think about it for a minute.

Nothing to see here.

Apparently you are not because you have been trying to flame me on multiple accounts for several days now.

Listen, you are not fooling me allright? and i know for sure soon you will get this account banned too. I talk about games and you talk about me. See the difference? its really unhealthy if you ask me. I don't know why my crticism of game bothers you that much that you have to take it so personally and follow me around on forums on multiple accounts.

Step away from PC and think about it for a minute.

LOL, I have a tin foil hat for you to buy. (Edit: Check out my join date.)

ESO is a great game, and has it bugs and problems like every other MMO in existence. MMORPG players can be either pessimistic, or optimistic. The optimistic ones are flamed for "fanboying", and the pessimistic ones are flamed for "hating".

Unfortunately, everyone on either side is to the extremes.

ESO thus far, has been pretty solid. The pitfalls have been fairly minor. What really kills these games more than bugs, are individuals who are overly critical.

It would be exhausting for me to play a game, which I over criticize.

Happy Easter.

Edit: Thanks for reporting my post, you fucking toolbag.

• LookwhostalkingLookwhostalking Member Posts: 63

Nothing to see here.

Yep, i cant get why ppl who bothered read the posts and flame others. If you dont like reading others posts if they are complaining about a game, then dont read them. So simple

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by mpompos

Nothing to see here.

Yep, i cant get why ppl who bothered read the posts and flame others. If you dont like reading others posts if they are complaining about a game, then dont read them. So simple

It really works both ways though doesn't it? I guess we could go in circles with this all year if we wanted to :). Oh wait... we already do..

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189

The question i have to ask  myself is "will this ruin the game?"

Will the duped gold destroy the economy even if they manage to remove most of it?  (im uncertain here)

Are there any items duped now that will forever unbalance the game? (i dont think so)

Does the fact that some people have 50 enchanting because of duped materials annoy me? yes it does, but it doesnt ruin the game...

I personally wont stop playing because of dupes, and im certain it wont affect me in PvP either. Atleast not as time passes and higher tier gear gets introduced.

Whats sad about MMORPG gaming nowis that all the gold spammers, bots and now dupes takes the fun away for people just here to actually just play the game.

• SonOfMaxSonOfMax Member Posts: 9

Op,

Ask yourself this. If you really, really screwed up. Wouldn't you rather keep it quite?

And its not like it impacted the game much. PvP has been skewed up something fierce but there is virtually no impact to the PvE side of it all.

• MaximumPayneMaximumPayne Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by stickman1979

Here is the official ZeniMax reply from ZOS_JessicaFolsom :

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/666877/#Comment_666877

It was posted on:

Relevant snip:

Yesterday, we identified an item duping bug in ESO that some players chose to exploit. We acted quickly, and have since fixed the issue.

Here is where the oops happens.

This is a cache of a forum post they deleted: 

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/80638/new-bug-with-bank-no-it-s-not-missing-items-it-s-duplicating-item-by-using-bank

It was posted quite a while back.

Here is an Amazon review of the game that was also posted a while ago mentioning said dupe:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1U46C1NVZVAMV/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00I4BGLOG

This review was downvoted and sat as one of the most unhelpful reviews out there. Now it is gaining steam.

Both of these predate the bug that they "identified" on the 17'th... By WEEKS.

Another update on the Amazon review:

4/19/2014 UPDATE: Seems like ZeniMax introduced another bug into the game. This one will allow you to get unlimited mail from your hirelings. I simply don't know how to react to the way they are running things.

So pretty sure that will come out eventually as well.

Lol ZM is caught with their pants down. Nice.

But let me say this in their defense, when has any TES game released without a plethora of game breaking bugs?

While I do think they should have been honest about these issues instead of covering them up, I can't really blame them since the truth would drive a lot of potential players from the game.

• masterdtoxmasterdtox Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by MaximumPayne
    Originally posted by stickman1979

Here is the official ZeniMax reply from ZOS_JessicaFolsom :

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/666877/#Comment_666877

It was posted on:

Relevant snip:

Yesterday, we identified an item duping bug in ESO that some players chose to exploit. We acted quickly, and have since fixed the issue.

Here is where the oops happens.

This is a cache of a forum post they deleted: 

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/80638/new-bug-with-bank-no-it-s-not-missing-items-it-s-duplicating-item-by-using-bank

It was posted quite a while back.

Here is an Amazon review of the game that was also posted a while ago mentioning said dupe:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1U46C1NVZVAMV/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00I4BGLOG

This review was downvoted and sat as one of the most unhelpful reviews out there. Now it is gaining steam.

Both of these predate the bug that they "identified" on the 17'th... By WEEKS.

Another update on the Amazon review:

4/19/2014 UPDATE: Seems like ZeniMax introduced another bug into the game. This one will allow you to get unlimited mail from your hirelings. I simply don't know how to react to the way they are running things.

So pretty sure that will come out eventually as well.

Lol ZM is caught with their pants down. Nice.

But let me say this in their defense, when has any TES game released without a plethora of game breaking bugs?

While I do think they should have been honest about these issues instead of covering them up, I can't really blame them since the truth would drive a lot of potential players from the game.

This "  truth would drive a lot of potential players from the game" . Big lol... u know what happens if they cover thing's up lie about it and ignore players that have reported such bugs, 1 of 100.000 /who cares they just think, won't go public and players will buy the game anyways so it's fine. 

And then the KABOOM comes, it spreads like wildfire at forum / fansites / in game and so on..

Will they then not LOSE any subscribers and new players?  yes they will, ofc depends what the problem was / is and how big the impact will be. But the  /lie part will have big negative effect , players will leave and those that wane buy it  read such forums as this or there official ESO forum, will have BIG doubts about this ESO game and the dev's behind it in the long run.

@ ZANIMAX: Guys we got it covered players already bought the game + the second forced month /giggle.. now the hell can break lose, earth can fall apart. But we got the investment back + a nice bonus.  

So atm if the game goes to ashes left with no subs at all they won't be crying about it, they already got the cash back invested in the game. 

• AsariashaAsariasha Member UncommonPosts: 252

Of course Zenimax should have fixed this bug earlier, but honestly, it is the bug abusers to blame most. Zenimax punished the players who abused this bug on purpose. If the one or the other player got away with it, because he was more carefull when abusing this bug, then so be it.

In the end, time heals the potential damage to the economy.

• MaximumPayneMaximumPayne Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Asariasha

Of course Zenimax should have fixed this bug earlier, but honestly, it is the bug abusers to blame most. Zenimax punished the players who abused this bug on purpose

As much as I like TESO, I don't think you are right.

I know a lot of people that duped and are still playing. Jeez, even a close friend of mine not only duped, but also sold his gold to a "certain" web site... At least 9 different times. And those are the times he bragged about it on TS, so I guess it was many more times than that.

He is not banned. I am really happy for him, because he got to make some cash and I know he needs it, but if he got away, well, it makes me wonder who else did.

Our guild has a lot of resources that they would not otherwise, and ZM is oblivious to it.

But as you said, the economy will repair itself in time, and its not like TESO even had an economy to begin with. Other than PvP, the economy doesn't really impact players, and its no big deal that we have more forward camps than the other guys in the end. It will all balance itself out.

Look at Neverwinter Online. That game had even more issues than TESO, and it turned out fine.