Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All the other things you could do for $15 a month...

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

Since 2020 seems a bit far ahead...I need to think of other things I could do for $15 a month until I enjoy another great MMORPG.

Some of the things on top of the head that come to my mind are:

#1 Watch TV series/shows

# Watch sports on TV

# Read free books/comic books from the internet?

# Read the news, check on youtube vids.

# Listen to some free music.

Is there something I can do outside for a month with $15 a month?

Anything else? LOL...

Comments

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Go to a bar and have a beer
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    What happens in 2020?

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    What happens in 2020?

Hopefully the next big MMORPG that I can see myself spend $ on...It's been 3 years 3 months and a week since I've spent $ on a new MMORPG...

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

I'm surprised the F2P'rs arent in here explaining how $15 is a huge amount of money, using words like "investment" etc.

I just bought a 4 pack of good beer for $14.68. 

Originally posted by Utinni

I'm surprised the F2P'rs arent in here explaining how $15 is a huge amount of money, using words like "investment" etc.

Yes, if you weren't subbed to a MMORPG for a decade you could buy yourself a car or a land to build yourself a house or you could do what I would, which is invest it and make at least 10x profit from that, which would then grow by another 10x and you'll become a millionaire in no time ;)

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    You could go in the back of diners and pick out the good food from the dumpsters to save more money. Dumpster diving cuisine could get you under $15 a month.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    When you put it like that it does seem like a waste of money. However I cannot take the money,land or car to my grave. I can however enjoy my life and playing games makes me happy.

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Robokapp

takes me about 45 minutes to make $15...

so 45min/month...is probably about a fifth the time I spend outside smoking while at work

so my other thing to do for $15/mo is "Smoke". final answer.

How the hell can you smoke for $15/month?

That would get me less than a day with cigarettes...I must know your seccret.

$15/month extra? IDK... it doesnt get you much. Even saving that for a year doesnt get you enough for anything too stellar. Donate it to the charity of your choice? Put it in a mattress until you have enough to buy some Silver coins? 

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    You could pick up a game a month or more for that amount. If you only buy stuff when it's on sale, you could get AAA games for around that amount pretty easily.
  • FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Kopogero

Since 2020 seems a bit far ahead...I need to think of other things I could do for $15 a month until I enjoy another great MMORPG.

Some of the things on top of the head that come to my mind are:

#1 Watch TV series/shows

# Watch sports on TV

# Read free books/comic books from the internet?

# Read the news, check on youtube vids.

# Listen to some free music.

Is there something I can do outside for a month with $15 a month?

Anything else? LOL...

You sound like my grand pop, old bastard just sits in his chair and bitches about everything being a waste of money. You aren't watching TV for $15 a month or going on the internet so cross those off your list. You would pretty much be buying a paper to read news and thats about it.

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392

This is pointless as it is MY $15 a month i'm spending. If it's not worth it to you, pls by all means, DON'T.

$15 a month for hours of entertainment is a really good deal, IMO. I've spent way more taking the family to a craptastic movie or mediocre meal.

Originally posted by Nyghthowler

This is pointless as it is MY $15 a month i'm spending. If it's not worth it to you, pls by all means, DON'T.

$15 a month for hours of entertainment is a really good deal, IMO. I've spent way more taking the family to a craptastic movie or mediocre meal.

The key point this kind fella is trying to point to all of us is DON"T GET MARRIED ;)

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    As a young adult I spend enough going out that the 15 dollars a month saves me money for the night I decide to stay in and play the game.
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

The key point this kind fella is trying to point to all of us is DON"T GET MARRIED ;)

If they wanna put a ring on it they gotta survive: 

As for 15$... save up a month or two and buy games like Space Rangers HD War Apart, Project Zomboid, wait for a sale on Space Engineers, Rimworld, etc,etc (steam <3).

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Dihoru

If they wanna put a ring on it they gotta survive: 

As for 15$... save up a month or two and buy games like Space Rangers HD War Apart, Project Zomboid, wait for a sale on Space Engineers, Rimworld, etc,etc (steam <3).

Good suggestion-

Space Rangers HD (and Space Rangers 2) are fantastic. I still fire that game up every now and again and have been playing first bought part 2 about 4 years ago. Between that and HD I have gotten some killer value.

• RollgunnerRollgunner Member UncommonPosts: 61

I think everything you listed requires either an internet connection or cable tv, both of which likely cost more than $15 a month.

You want serious entertainment value? Go get a free library card (while they still exist).

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by Utinni

That reminds me that I've got a 6 pack of hard cider in the 'fridge.  Thanks.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    The only thing I am interested in is the quality.

No, I won't buy an average game for $60+pay a sub.
    Yes, I will buy an extraordinary game for $150+.

This applies to all things in my Life. If the current D&G shirts are just your typical HiM Clothes with a bit better knitting, colour and alternate logo, I won't buy them(seriously why should I? Pay $100+ for sth the quality of sth $25? O.o). But, if they are worthy of the D&G brand, they ofc stand the chance of me buying them.

You know the Elven way of thinking:

Quality >>> Quantity

;)

Purge the Xenos.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

Laugh all you want, but expecting people to pay $15 a month for new MMOs that have a fraction of the systems/content of pre-existing MMOs is a bad idea.  WildStar and ESO will both learn that lesson just as SWTOR, AoC and WHO did before.  GW2 and their amazing price model hasn't even been THAT popular all things considered.

Most developers seem to be trying to make WOW in their own IP.  And they fail every time.

• ZbonesZbones Member Posts: 3

I actually enjoy paying 15 dollars a month to get 100's of hours of entertainment.

Eso's worth it.

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by Moar61
    Go to a bar and have a beer

Come on now, be realistic, he could get TWO beers for that (well depending on the bar...)

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Originally posted by Gorwe
    What?

Mon'keigh idiot...

(this is still in universe, check Xenobiology before editing it mod)

May be an idiot but at least I can have sex without having to lay 2-3 days away for it unless I want to.

This discussion has been closed.