Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bash-O-Matic 9000 Volume 3 DK PvP Video

Pretty much included videos of Vr1+ in this one, I think there is 1 fight without it, just because it was funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWjeWorgRrU

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    I really hope they clamp down on this. Animation canceling is ridiculous and allows for some really stupid stuff.
  • VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

That is definitely some cheese right there.. But hey even endless fireballs from Ryu in street fighter is considered a very viable tactic..

Cheese is definitely "fair", just need some "Kens" to find the counter..

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    They will probably nerf it and then people will cry

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

If you see someone with a shield come at you why not just keep the block up and let them drain their stamina on your blocks, each time they get blocked they lose huge chunks of stamina lol.

After the fifth bash being blocked and their stamina bar being empty, just own them.

Also, if you see anyone anytime charge, know that you should be blocking as they are charging you.   If you don't block when you see someone charge you, don't expect to live long.

You can also tell this guy has enchanting going on,  heres what he's doing to you...

1.  Trait Infused.

2.  Enchant Jode > Kaderi > Ta = Trifling Glyph of Shielding
    Jewelry Glyph - Reduce Cost of Bash by 4 and Reduce Cost of Blocking by 4 - 1-10 (common)

3.  Enchant Jora > Kaderi > Ta = Trifling Glyph of Bashing
    Jewelry Glyph - Increase bash damage by 2 - 1-10 (common)

And all the shield bash traits...    I would expect if you invested all this into your character, you should be able to be powerful,  to ask someone whos stacked up on enchants to be nerfed is like saying there should be no end game progression or crafting bonuses.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by Knotwood

If you see someone with a shield come at you why not just keep the block up and let them drain their stamina on your blocks, each time they get blocked they lose huge chunks of stamina lol.

After the fifth bash being blocked and their stamina bar being empty, just own them.

Also, if you see anyone anytime charge, know that you should be blocking as they are charging you.   If you don't block when you see someone charge you, don't expect to live long.

You can also tell this guy has enchanting going on,  heres what he's doing to you...

1.  Trait Infused.

Jewelry Glyph - Reduce Cost of Bash by 4 and Reduce Cost of Blocking by 4 - 1-10 (common)

And all the shield bash traits...    I would expect if you invested all this into your character, you should be able to be powerful,  to ask someone whos stacked up on enchants to be nerfed is like saying there should be no end game progression or crafting bonuses.

It's not the bashing itself I'm concerned about, it's the animation canceling that's being used to make it work as well as it does. Animation canceling can be used for other builds or just in general to make it possible to do huge chunks of damage in a short amount of time.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by MikeB

1.  Trait Infused.

It's not the bashing itself I'm concerned about, it's the animation canceling that's being used to make it work as well as it does. Animation canceling can be used for other builds or just in general to make it possible to do huge chunks of damage in a short amount of time.

That definitely sounds like something that needs fixed!

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    Originally posted by MikeB

1.  Trait Infused.

The bashing is also pretty good, as a DK it's actually my most efficient ability, just spamming bash nets me more damage than using anything else, with animation canceling I can add a basic hit in between but overall it's not doing much for me. From what I see it mostly helps people that have good damage abilities.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Is the combat as boring as it looks? From the perspective of someone who hasn't played the game yet, it looks pretty dreadful. Maybe it's just an animation problem. I've watched a few things like streams and videos and so far have been very unimpressed with the way the game looks. It looks "clunky" for lack of a better word. 
  • KinadoKinado Member Posts: 198

I like to hear these guy's teamspeak when they are doing these videos, they feel such a rush and think they are so skilled its hilarious.  This guy seems aware of the state of pvp but in other videos I just hear guys saying "ohhh! F$%#ked him UP! YEAH! Totally owned him!". lol Dumbasses.

I managed to kill 3 people simultaneously with no AOE 3v1 on multiple occasions, with a nightblade, no sucker punching, even though I'm not level 50 and was always outleveled. Hard to believe since characters just die in 3 seconds but its possible. I can't feel accomplished by it in TESO though, the game has its gameplay so flawed that its hard to take credit for anything in there.

Seriously, PVP in ESO has nothing to do with skill. Its a mix of sucker punching people when they aren't aware of you, spamming overpowered abilities, exploiting bugs and hope your character doesn't get stuck in an animation preventing you from further attacks.

I don't want to feel like a BAWSS killing people in a lame way, I like the challenge, I like good fights even if I lose. TESO fails at that miserably. I really hope they fix most of this stuff because what they did in Cyrodiil on being able to fight so many people at the same time is just epic, that engine deserves better gameplay!

The only video I saw so far of a skilled player some was female Elf named Kelso or something similar and even then he played against complete clueless people that panic when pvping and start swinging their weapons everywhere hitting nothing but air lol.

As for DK's, I just hit them from a distance or run away from them, that ultimate with a flag is scary, I saw different DK's in different occasions wiping entire groups with that ability. Just their AOE, nobody else's, they were alone.

Most comical thing I've seen in PVP so far is Vampire Sorcerers using mist and bolt escape while carrying an Elder Scroll. What is Zenimax thinking? Do they play their own game? Doesn't seem like it.