Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ZeniMax's official stance is that the dupe only took place yesterday, the 17'th.

Comments

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Its fixed now so what gives ?
    Does it affect me ? nope
    I still like the game even tough mistakes were made.

But man does some people know how to cause drama !
    Hilarious as if their entire life depends on it !

I have much more problems with bots inside public dungeons then some cheaters duping items.
    All shit i need comes from out guild and master crafters where we donate most of our items to.
    When i want a gear upgrade they make it.

Never used the auction house either as its useless with a good solid guild.
    And gold ? got plenty of it but nothing to spend it on.

Back to Cyrodill now !

Well thank goodness then that world doesn't revolve just around you. I love how the most hardcore fans always find time between their busy playing schedule to drop in forum from time to time to downplay and insult those who are having issues with the game. it is as if they have one eye on forums and and one eye on the screen.

Seems like forums are more fun than the game itself.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

"Seems like forums are more fun than the game itself."

ooops.  Maybe you shouldn't be so obvious next time.  If you don't like the game, take a hike.  Yes a dupe bug existed, it sucks.  But I and probably most ESO'ers don't care because we are like level 20 lol.  Hardcore people are funny.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Does it affect me ? nope

I have much more problems with bots inside public dungeons then some cheaters duping items.
    All shit i need comes from out guild and master crafters where we donate most of our items to.

Back to Cyrodill now !

Well thank goodness then that world doesn't revolve just around you. I love how the most hardcore fans always find time between their busy playing schedule to drop in forum from time to time to downplay and insult those who are having issues with the game. it is as if they have one eye on forums and and one eye on the screen.

And thank goodness the world doesn't revolve around haters that can't stand that people actually like games that are not there favorite and come to forums and trashing games that they don't like for bugs and issues at launch at their precious golden game most likely had when it launched as well.  Hypocrisy runs deep on these forums.

is duping an issue?  Sure, is but it is a problem in a lot of games when they launch.   There will always be losers that try to find and exploit issues in every single game.  It is a game within the game.  Devs try to fix these issues and the lowlife cheaters keep trying to find new ways to do what they do.  To expect a game to be perfect at launch shows the ignorance of those crying about them in this game.  It is the best launch I have seen and I've been playing MMOs since 2000.   To say anything else is just plain ignorant.  Are there issues that need to be fixed?  Oh yes, and they should be given time.  Now if these issues continue for months then that is another story.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    Originally posted by Skah2go

Oooh a google cache and some amazon review. Big whoop. 

I found out about this bug yesterday and guess what, I am in one of the biggest guilds in the game.

Amazon dates are easy to fake and that google cache date is the 16'th, so the longest this dupe has been around for is from the 16th.

Whatevah haters gonna hate.

Another sock puppet account made just for blind defense of the game. I think the reason you didn't post on your main is because even you know how silly it is

The phrase 'haters gonna hate' has no relevance in regards with an obvious exploit that has been going on for quite sometime now..

And yet, somehow, people who come in and camp the forums to attack the game for weeks are above reproach?  Come on. 

It's extremely hard to believe that they intentionally shipped the game with a bug like this.  Either it wasn't reported at all or it was buried in a sea of junk feedback.   My explanation has the virtue of making sense (this did real damage to them; it was predictable that it would do real damage; and they have no incentive whatsoever to ignore it.)  The conspiracy theory requires them to want to damage their own prospects.  That's why there is so much pushback - because we're being asked to uncritically accept a pretty incredible theory.

Originally posted by Latronus

Does it affect me ? nope

Back to Cyrodill now !

And thank goodness the world doesn't revolve around haters that can't stand that people actually like games that are not there favorite and come to forums and trashing games that they don't like for bugs and issues at launch at their precious golden game most likely had when it launched as well.  Hypocrisy runs deep on these forums.

is duping an issue?  Sure, is but it is a problem in a lot of games when they launch.   There will always be losers that try to find and exploit issues in every single game.  It is a game within the game.  Devs try to fix these issues and the lowlife cheaters keep trying to find new ways to do what they do.  To expect a game to be perfect at launch shows the ignorance of those crying about them in this game.  It is the best launch I have seen and I've been playing MMOs since 2000.   To say anything else is just plain ignorant.  Are there issues that need to be fixed?  Oh yes, and they should be given time.  Now if these issues continue for months then that is another story.

So talking about and pointing out the obvious exploits and bugs is hating over the game now?

Hating would be to make up false stories and try to give the game bad rep. How talking about the stuff that is actually happening game is hating or trolling?

No one is stopping you from liking the game but please stop telling others that they are creating drama or over reacting when it comes to various issues plaguing the game.

Two wrongs doesn't make one right. I could care less what others games had this issue because currently i am concerned with ESO and i am not playing any other MMO.

Also i find it ironic that you would call others ignorant and then try to pass your experince with MMOS since 2000 as some kind of an absolute truth. lol

You are not that special really that we have to use you as some yardstick to measure the experince of million of gamers world wide. To think that you own experince somehow supersedes everyone's else experince with game..now that is what i call being ignorant and arrogant.

Originally posted by ohioastro

I found out about this bug yesterday and guess what, I am in one of the biggest guilds in the game.

Amazon dates are easy to fake and that google cache date is the 16'th, so the longest this dupe has been around for is from the 16th.

Another sock puppet account made just for blind defense of the game. I think the reason you didn't post on your main is because even you know how silly it is

The phrase 'haters gonna hate' has no relevance in regards with an obvious exploit that has been going on for quite sometime now..

And yet, somehow, people who come in and camp the forums to attack the game for weeks are above reproach?  Come on. 

It's extremely hard to believe that they intentionally shipped the game with a bug like this.  Either it wasn't reported at all or it was buried in a sea of junk feedback.   My explanation has the virtue of making sense (this did real damage to them; it was predictable that it would do real damage; and they have no incentive whatsoever to ignore it.)  The conspiracy theory requires them to want to damage their own prospects.  That's why there is so much pushback - because we're being asked to uncritically accept a pretty incredible theory.

Could you please show me where i said they intentionally shipped the game with a bug like this? 'incompetence' is the word here.

The idea that such a serious exploit was even allowed to be burried under junk feedback doesn't put Zenimax in a very good light.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/82898/another-possible-duping-exploit

They have not solved it you can log in and out and duplicate items. They are just lying and saying they solved it to reduce the panic I guess. Cannot really blame Zenimax what are they supposed to do when it is beyond their ability to fix .

Chamber of Chains
  • DrachonisDrachonis Member Posts: 183

After reading about this development today, I'm glad I decided to wait 

to try ESO.  I hope ZeniMax gets it worked out for all of you players

enjoying the game.  I'll stick with FFXIV for right now :)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Necropsie
    Originally posted by Distopia

"going on for quite some time", yet we hear nothing about it at all, no reddit threads, no threads here, this is the kind of thing that blows up as soon as it's outed, doesn't add up that it's just now coming to be widespread knowledge. When have people ever really sat on this type of information, Zenimax certainly couldn't keep such a thing under wraps, it would be outed even faster if it was apparent they were trying to. Far too many posters who dig deeper than dateline NBC. I don't doubt it started before the past few days, but going all the way back to beta? I find it hard to believe no one would say anything that long. Just look how much media coverage has popped up on this in a matter of days.

As for the amazon review, there are multiple edits,

4/11/2014 UPDATE: Please check the comment section. There have been some interesting developments after I published this review.
    4/18/2014 UPDATE: WOW, I didn't even notice that I started getting helpful votes. I really wonder how that happened. I was sure that this review would be forever buried and tagged as unhelpful.
    4/18/2014 UPDATE 2: Oh I see. The dupe finally got out and people started looking a bit deeper. Honestly I am surprised it took this long, since anyone messing around in the guild bank had a pretty high chance of figuring out how to do this. We discovered it by accident and made a forum post about it... Only to have it deleted. Shortly after that it was all over guild chat and people were duping Grand Soul Gems and more. I honestly thought the dupe would get out that same day, but apparently I was wrong.

who's to say when that info was added. You don't trust a random 1 post account and call them a sock puppet, yet you believe this outright no questions asked?

The title of this thread doesn't really add up to the statement from Zenimax either, they said they identified it, not that it was only happening for one day.

Since you are looking for a reddit link, i found one in 5 secs. At least 20 people in this link says this is a very well known issue. But then.. You don't trust them too, do you?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/23cc8j/elder_scrolls_online_dupe_bug_found_billions_of/

Seriously, even Zenimax doesnt care this much about the company.

It was submitted 1 day ago, what does that have to do with what I said?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Dakeru
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Milander

Knew about it in beta....Reported it. Gave detailed information on how to repeat....Well, at least I did for ONE dupe exploit...I do not know if this is the same one. I honestly lost desire to play the game as the beta went on and they seemed to disregard reports saying that was how their view of breaking the mmo stereotype was and that they were infact not bugs.

Wish them well, even if I'm not playing. Maybe in a few months (if they havent gone F2P) I'll try it out again.

Knew about it since Beta/Didn't warn others... Why?

On several of your posts you say it's not right to believe people who claim the bug has been there for a long time more than those who say it only just occured.

That is fine from a neutral point. But this post now makes me ponder. He clearly said he found the bug and reported it to the company. What more do expect?

Unless you are implying he is lying?

No I'm asking why people would let this go if they knew about it, especially if it can just happen while randomly tinkering around with mail, as others have suggested. I'd certainly want to know about that if I was playing this game. Considering what has happened here, mass bans.

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    This bug has been around since beta sadly, the funny thing is they are starting to ban those who abused it. so if you were dumb enough to abuse it then expect a ban msg when you log on one of these days. My trading guild lost 60 members for abuse of this bug. I knew about it but being a long time mmo player i knew better then to abuse something such as this, or any explote in mmos...it never really pays off.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    Originally posted by stickman1979

Here is the official ZeniMax reply from ZOS_JessicaFolsom :

Relevant snip:

Yesterday, we identified an item duping bug in ESO that some players chose to exploit. We acted quickly, and have since fixed the issue.

When I read this I dont come to the conlusion that Zenimax official stance is that the dupe only took playe yesterday.

They only write they did identify an item dupe yesterday and reacted.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

If you google how easy the dupe is to do.

It would actually be MORE insulting for them if they really did only figure it out that late, at least from a certain perspective.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• AlalalaAlalala Member UncommonPosts: 314

dupes, speed hacks, trainers, and many other cheats and exploits.

lol

• mrgrimrprmrgrimrpr Member Posts: 87

Does it affect me ? nope

Back to Cyrodill now !

Oh really? Please explain how that almost 200 hours of ESO was not worth your time?

You do tend to complain and bitch about a game that you played for 200 hours. It Must suck. Furthermore, Convenient time to take down your /played tracker huh?

Some people are just plain crazy.

• SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 340

I've got about 50 million gold from the dupe and some nice items, but I did it early in the game.  No ban, so I suspect they only banned people who were doing it on that particular day.

I reported the dupe bug back in beta, but since they didn't bother to fix it, I used it when the game went live. 

• stickman1979stickman1979 Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Originally posted by spizz
    Originally posted by stickman1979

Here is the official ZeniMax reply from ZOS_JessicaFolsom :

Relevant snip:

Yesterday, we identified an item duping bug in ESO that some players chose to exploit. We acted quickly, and have since fixed the issue.

When I read this I dont come to the conlusion that Zenimax official stance is that the dupe only took playe yesterday.

They only write they did identify an item dupe yesterday and reacted.

That's even worse. It took them weeks to identify a dupe that was in the game since launch? They also took absolutely no action. Look at ownedcore and other hacking sites. People are posting "I'm safe after duping confessions" and time stamped screen shots with countless duped items.

• SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192

Only identified recently huh? Sure! This was reported back in beta and they ignored it, and went and shipped the game anyway. Just shows their inexperience. And, then just flat out saying that all ES games ship with bugs? Jeeesuz.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

It's the exact same situation as with Neverwinter last year! Where a similar dupe made it to launch and existed for more than 2 weeks before Cryptic finally took action.... or rather inaction!

They know that in order to fix such a severe exploit, is to basically reset the entire game. Which they can't and won't do.

So instead, they just lie in our faces, saying it only existed for a day and do a small rollback as "token" action. Keeping up the appearance they are taking action. While in fact, they are not.

The amount of People that exploited is so staggering. And in case with ESO it's even worse and so many People could do it by accident without knowing. If they had to ban all these People, there won't be many active accounts left.

So there it is and that's that. The game will roll on and the exploiters get away with it. Economy wrecked.

Good Luck! Have fun!

I am out. Just like I did with Neverwinter last year! Will never touch another Cryptic game! That's for sure!

I just canceled my sub!  I will take a wait and see approach. But so far... things aren't exactly looking hopeful. /shrug

• stickman1979stickman1979 Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Originally posted by JeroKane

It's the exact same situation as with Neverwinter last year! Where a similar dupe made it to launch and existed for more than 2 weeks before Cryptic finally took action.... or rather inaction!

They know that in order to fix such a severe exploit, is to basically reset the entire game. Which they can't and won't do.

So instead, they just lie in our faces, saying it only existed for a day and do a small rollback as "token" action. Keeping up the appearance they are taking action. While in fact, they are not.

The amount of People that exploited is so staggering. And in case with ESO it's even worse and so many People could do it by accident without knowing. If they had to ban all these People, there won't be many active accounts left.

So there it is and that's that. The game will roll on and the exploiters get away with it. Economy wrecked.

Good Luck! Have fun!

I am out. Just like I did with Neverwinter last year! Will never touch another Cryptic game! That's for sure!

I just canceled my sub!  I will take a wait and see approach. But so far... things aren't exactly looking hopeful. /shrug

And it's because of this very attitude that I am taking advantage of the current mail chest dupe. My guess is there will be no consequences.

• onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by Necropsie

I really dont understand this type of mentality. You may love a game, you may be fanboy of it, sure, but why the blind defense? It is obvious this account has been created just to post this kind of "no, everything is fine, you are all haterz" posts. Why? A simple Google search can show you that this bug is really in the game since beta. I am asking again, why? Why do a person wastes his/her time and energy to create a fake account just to blindly defend a game which he/she has paid for? Very empty life with nothing to do? Is it really hard to say "I love the game and i will keep subbing it, but this issue and official response is not good"?

I feel its better to assume this person is not actually a paying customer, but a paid worker to try and discredit forum posts like this.

Its just another way to try and stifle negative facts/opinion/comments to try and get those on the fence of any situation to side with the game company then actually look at the situation objectively. 

• onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by jircris
    This bug has been around since beta sadly, the funny thing is they are starting to ban those who abused it. so if you were dumb enough to abuse it then expect a ban msg when you log on one of these days. My trading guild lost 60 members for abuse of this bug. I knew about it but being a long time mmo player i knew better then to abuse something such as this, or any explote in mmos...it never really pays off.

Those people will not be banned for long.  Its before the 30 day period and if any of them are EU they can get a refund.  Hell even if they are in the US they can just have their bank do a charge back for not providing 30 days of service.

When something is this easy to exploit, its pretty much impossible for them to do a mass banning w/out losing a large portion of their player base.  It sucks, but its their own fault for not fixing an exploit that is actually easily replicated on accident.

Originally posted by onlinenow25

I feel its better to assume this person is not actually a paying customer, but a paid worker to try and discredit forum posts like this.

Its just another way to try and stifle negative facts/opinion/comments to try and get those on the fence of any situation to side with the game company then actually look at the situation objectively. 

Look there's no getting around "the facts" in this case, the fact is there's a dupe, and people are questioning what's being done about it. Even the poster you're talking about said nothing about this not happening, it's about the time frame of it happening, there are no real facts; at least not what I'd consider facts, in regard to that. A lot of "he said, she said" yet no real concrete proof of that. I guess I must be paid to say this as well, because I certainly am not affected by something that happens in a game I do not own.

Some of us actually care about the facts, especially us fence sitters...to put it plainly, there's no reason to look at this objectively more than that. That's how one makes informed decisions on whether they should bother with a game or not. Posts like this are just muddying the waters at this point. IF you have facts present them, I'd love to see them.

I'd love to know if this was actually around since beta.  I"ve seen nothing yet that says it was or wasn't. Just a bunch of conjecture, the typical fanboi V hater dialogue and a whole bunch of questions/theories. Not to mention two questionable sources.. An edited ( multiple times) player review, and a screen capped forum post.  You know what they say about believing everything you see on the internet? Apply that here..

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Havent experienced one bug yet, too busy having fun
  • HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Like real life, all the rich people aren't truly legit, many exploited their way their. A big reason to jump into a MMO early is to find the weak spots and gain power and wealth before they are found and nerfed.