Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are we still having fun?

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

We are three weeks in, nearing the moment where we decide on our first subscription...

i have got 30 levels and a little over 90 hours under my belt..

And despite the few  ugs and other irritators, i am still enjoying every minute of my ride

just love the stories and the depth of the lore

the world itselves is a place of diversity and beaty

i enjoy the combat very much

if you want challenge, play stuff a few levels above your own level.

with every new skillpoint i need to make a meaningfull diccision.

as a healer, i just love the dungeons, and the challenges they throw at me

soon i am ready to tank too

i havent done any pvp yet, but that will come wheni get to max level..

Looking forward to group play and adventure zones

but most importantly, i am taking it slowly, enjoying every step of my road..

i am going to sub, despite the game being far from perfect

for the simple reason that i am having fun..

are you going to sub?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Fun for now.  I'll keep playing it until it no longer appeals to me.

• SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    My whole community (not this one, obviously) is leaving.  Anticipating a start in both WildStar and ArcheAge now.  I'll leave opinions about the game aside.  Long story short, it didn't hold their interest.
  • cmorris975cmorris975 Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Canceled my sub, although it is a good game for sure.  I prefer to make my own stories so the game feels "on rails" to me.  The dungeons are underwhelming so far but there are some decent boss encounters.
  • ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    Definitely planning on continuing.  At the pace that I'm going I have 3-4 months before I see all of the zones and finish all of the questlines.  This is comparable to my pace and time in SP ES games.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    lvl 24 here , about 55 hours put in so far and still really enjoying the game. The only other game on my radar is acrhage and that wont be released for quite awhile, so I suspect ESO will be my MMO till then.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    i find the game fun, from what i have read msot who do not like this game are eather looking forward to WS or AAO or they wanted skyrim online. Each person is intitled to their own oppinion but to judge a game right as it launches is quite ...rash. i played WS and honestly it FELT like a WoW copy paste with a few tweaks to make it "unique" not saying its a bad game but i did not like it, though does that mean im not going to try it again once its released? no, i have pre ordered already and will hopefully see a change. but as an RPer  ESO offers much more...first person view and over 145 emotes (/commands)

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I'll be around for another few months yet. I'm thoroughly enjoying myself, haven't had this much fun in an MMO for ages ! image
  • AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217
    I'm definitely going to be playing on after the first month here. I'm having a lot of fun!
  • SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Yep me too.

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by Sanguinelust
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus   i am going to sub, despite the game being far from perfect for the simple reason that i am having fun..  
    Yep me too.

Me three!
  • Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260

My game time's slowed down, mostly because I was just finishing up school this week, and now because my friend had just bought it and I want to wait for him to get to my level before I move on. Currently, I got two real life friends who are playing it. One's level 20, I'm level 30, and the other is level 40, so we're a bit of a mess atm lol. Still having fun and lots more to do. 

I'll sub for at least another month. 

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

I was having fun till this morning when I found that my account was suspended after the last patch. The support forums said they took action on people duping items, but I didn't do that, so I've filed a ticket. (I know someone will post and say I did and people complaining about their bans/suspensions are liars, etc.). But anyway, that's what's happened to me.

When the suspension/ban is lifted, I will subscribe again because I really haven't had this much fun in an mmorpg -- ever. That's even with all the bugs and the suspension (very frustrating since I want to play this morning and also see if they fixed the bug that messed my account bank up reducing it from 80 slots to 60, making items disappear, and taking the gold I spent for the upgrade to 90 slots).

I do want to be compensated for the time I can't play due to their error, however.

• BrizlynBrizlyn Member UncommonPosts: 81

Level 30 and still having a great time.  Only game I am anticipating is Everquest next which is a long ways out!!  Will enjoy eso for at least a while, we'll see how long that turn out to be.

subbing for now.

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

I still cant even log into the web account to cancel sub or read the official forums... why? They still havent managed to authorize users of Time Warner (internet service provider) to access the site. This means depending on your ISP you cant even log into the web portals.

Fun? Fun is fleeting when theres very little meat to this game...visually and gameplay wise.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Originally posted by Rabenwolf

I still cant even log into the web account to cancel sub or read the official forums... why? They still havent managed to authorize users of Time Warner (internet service provider) to access the site. This means depending on your ISP you cant even log into the web portals.

Fun? Fun is fleeting when theres very little meat to this game...visually and gameplay wise.

yeah htats been going on forever, they never fixed t basically said call TWC and complain....

But there is a work around. You need to use your phone and take it off wifi so youre not connecting through youre TWC box. Then set everything up that way. Or go to a friends house who doesnt have TWC and go that route.

I just know that not many people around Southern Cal were going to play anyway that I knew who had TWC. So it didnt effect them beyond the first time they got into a beta and found out they couldnt access any f the official website.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Why yes, yes I am.

I plan to play quite a bit tonight and this weekend after I do some writing and some gym  time and some laundry.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

In short...

YES!

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by rodarin
    Originally posted by Rabenwolf

yeah htats been going on forever, they never fixed t basically said call TWC and complain....

But there is a work around. You need to use your phone and take it off wifi so youre not connecting through youre TWC box. Then set everything up that way. Or go to a friends house who doesnt have TWC and go that route.

I just know that not many people around Southern Cal were going to play anyway that I knew who had TWC. So it didnt effect them beyond the first time they got into a beta and found out they couldnt access any f the official website.

Weird, is it just TWC in Cali thats having the issue? Because I have friends in both ME and NY who have TWC internet and can access the site (though oddly enough only through direct access - if they attempt to use any links from the launcher they get error pages...). Then again anything is possible with TWC.

As for the OP: Still having fun here. Loving the lore.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Didnt we have a thread like this on SWTOR when it came out? can somebody find that thread and link it here?

What I would like to know is why dont you all just play the game like a singleplayer game like ES normally is.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    lvl 21 warrior /mage..still having fun when I can find a quest that aint broken.
  • KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

We are three weeks in, nearing the moment where we decide on our first subscription...

i have got 30 levels and a little over 90 hours under my belt..

And despite the few  ugs and other irritators, i am still enjoying every minute of my ride

just love the stories and the depth of the lore

the world itselves is a place of diversity and beaty

i enjoy the combat very much

if you want challenge, play stuff a few levels above your own level.

with every new skillpoint i need to make a meaningfull diccision.

as a healer, i just love the dungeons, and the challenges they throw at me

soon i am ready to tank too

i havent done any pvp yet, but that will come wheni get to max level..

Looking forward to group play and adventure zones

but most importantly, i am taking it slowly, enjoying every step of my road..

are you going to sub?

Im with ya, I am level 8 and really taking my time with crafting, got all my crafts above 10, provisioner 33, alchemy 33 as well.  Now I just got to get unbanned here so I can actually keep enjoying my dream game....   so painful to read what you said and not be able to log in and play!

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289

Despite there being a sizable number of bugs, nothing has really impeded my progress all that much. Given, I'm not putting in the hours some others are.

I'm having fun. So yes. :) 

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403

Its a fun game, just not for me.   I knew it before i bought it but had to try it for myself.

Thanks for the reminder to cancel my sub though :P,   Hope the rest of you enjoy your time in game!

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Didnt we have a thread like this on SWTOR when it came out? can somebody find that thread and link it here?

What has SWTOR to do with people having fun in ESO? Stop derailing this thread.

On topic: Having fun and still have so much to do and see.

• SonOfValmarSonOfValmar Member Posts: 49

Not going to continue past the first 30 days. I find myself barely able to play for more than an hour at most in one session. They decided to inundate you with quests which I find very unappealing. The crafting is nothing but a huge time sink and offers no real challenge although crafting is much more useful than your average MMO. The world was designed as a themepark usually is and the world suffers because of it. Most of the NPCs you meet along your journey are easily forgotten and so are their quests.

Zenimax is also clearly dealing with amateur pains when it comes to their customer service and overall handling of issues being discovered inside the game world as their solutions are heavy-handed and lack vision.

This is just another MMO, offering me nothing that I have not already experienced in another game so it really isn't worth continuing my playtime.