Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Latest patch brings fixes and infinite loading screens too

2»

Comments

• ReticulataReticulata Greenville, SCPosts: 93Member

Yep, been sitting on a loading screen in Cyrodiil for exactly 25 minutes as of right now...

SOE changes name to Daybreak games, cause dey break games.
  • MkilbrideMkilbride Hooksett, NHPosts: 637Member Uncommon
    I've played almost every MMORPG to date, B2P, F2P, P2P, ectera...never had this happen =/

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• DAS1337DAS1337 Parma, OHPosts: 2,404Member
    Originally posted by Havekk
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by thunderC
    DMKano maybe its your PC, You seem to suffer a lot of "phantom" problems that don't exist or very few people are affected by, Maybe you have a virus or something.....

Then all of those threads on offical forums have the same virus...

Or maybe, just maybe the problem is ESO? (I know it can't be

All those threads...  You're talking about a game with what? Hundreds of thousands if not millions of players and about a handful of folks? I'm just wondering because I've had some long load screens,  but never once have I had to kill the client.  Ever. I've never even heard of it until this thread. 

We are all wrong.  Since 'Havekk, The All-Knowing' hasn't heard of it, is surely does not exist...

I've had the same issue.  I literally let the loading screen sit, while I went outside and raked, knocked some golf balls around and played catch with my dog.  Guess what, it was still at the loading screen when I returned. 

• DAS1337DAS1337 Parma, OHPosts: 2,404Member
    Originally posted by keithian
    Some of you are so dramatic lol. For the first time since early access, this was happening to me today today. Happened 3 times. The first time I let it sit like 2 minutes and that was all I needed to realize I need to close the game and log back in. Each time logging in and out allowed the loading screen to continue. Is it annoying, yes, but those 3 times it happened didn't stop me from enjoying the game for the other 4 hours I played without incident despite loosing 4-5 minutes on loading screens lol.

No one is implying that they can't play or enjoy the game, just that it is an annoyance clearly brought on by the most recent patch.  Who's the dramatic one again?

• STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Sacramento, CAPosts: 290Member
    Originally posted by DAS1337
    DMKano maybe its your PC, You seem to suffer a lot of "phantom" problems that don't exist or very few people are affected by, Maybe you have a virus or something.....

All those threads...  You're talking about a game with what? Hundreds of thousands if not millions of players and about a handful of folks? I'm just wondering because I've had some long load screens,  but never once have I had to kill the client.  Ever. I've never even heard of it until this thread. 

We are all wrong.  Since 'Havekk, The All-Knowing' hasn't heard of it, is surely does not exist...

I've had the same issue.  I literally let the loading screen sit, while I went outside and raked, knocked some golf balls around and played catch with my dog.  Guess what, it was still at the loading screen when I returned. 

Take it how you want. It's still less than a pinky finger of ppl  this is happening to. And by letting the screens sit....you are causing it to last longer. It's caused by a loss of data from the servers to you. So as long as you let it sit there doing nothing, it will indeed...sit there doing nothing.

Is why they say cut the clients and reload.

Not it isn't fun. Yes it sucks. I feel for DMK more than most. Hope they get it together.

• AmjocoAmjoco Layton, UTPosts: 4,783Member Uncommon

I'm the luckiest player in this game I guess. I get a couple quest bugs now and again, but it seems like everyone is getting all sorts of problems. Maybe I'm getting them and don't care. /shrug

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx California, WAPosts: 1,986Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by STYNKFYST

Take it how you want. It's still less than a pinky finger of ppl  this is happening to. And by letting the screens sit....you are causing it to last longer. It's caused by a loss of data from the servers to you. So as long as you let it sit there doing nothing, it will indeed...sit there doing nothing.

Not it isn't fun. Yes it sucks. I feel for DMK more than most. Hope they get it together.

You don't know that. The only real data regarding how many people are suffering from this problem lies with Zenimax.

It would be nice if people who are not having these problems would stop trolling those are having these issues.

• movros99movros99 granby, MOPosts: 124Member
    I am getting the same infinite loading screens now and I am a no-add-on user.  Stinks but killing the client and restarting does fix it.
  • curacura WarsawPosts: 950Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Azzras
    Originally posted by Azzras

This isn't new, it's been happening off and on since launch.  Anyway, if it happens kill the client and re-launch.  Simples.

It's also not new to MMOs.

Doesn't really need a thread for every little bug in the game.

It's starting to make the people posting this look kinda sad.

(maybe I should start a thread about how an enemy NPC was stuck in terrain and couldn't be attacked.  He wasn't a boss, just random NPC.  That could be 6 pages worth of thread right there, ya?)

It's been happening with very high frequency since this latest patch to my entire guild. Prior to this it has happend to me ONCE. Today it's happened to me more than 10 times already.

Big difference.

Guild chat wouldn't not have so many people sayint "WTF can't zone, can't load etc..."

I am still glad that they fixed the main quest - that bug was really bad as it stopped some from progressing.

If you see a problem that affects many players (stuck on loading screen) - the same severity as an individual NPC stuck in terrain as the same thing..... heh

meh, do what you will.  I still say it's a small bug that didn't really need a thread dedicated to it.  I'd suggest that instead of you ALWAYS posting the bugs here, maybe submit a bug report instead?  Just a thought.

Now go back to telling us how easy the game is and if we ever died even once our build is bad.  Oh, don't forget to give yourself and guild mates mega props for clearing 4m dungeons.  ;)

No. I want to read this kind of finformation here. If you dont like it, dont read it. From my point of you, its you who is not needed here, cluttering forum with troll posts.

• curacura WarsawPosts: 950Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

You don't know that. The only real data regarding how many people are suffering from this problem lies with Zenimax.

It would be nice if people who are not having these problems would stop trolling those are having these issues.

During latest beta events even Zenimax advised people to restart their clients if they get the bug. I doubt they wasted their time posting this information for less then pinky finger of people. It is a major bug.

Since they didnt fix it already, im getting this feeling that its like SWTORs poor performance with many character on screen - some fundamental desgin flaw which will never get fixed since it would require too much work.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Algo Star SystemPosts: 651Member Uncommon

Confirmed on my end as well.

P.S. People who do the "maybe its your PC" thing are so deserving of an ice cold beer thrown in their face and in their keyboard.

• SephrosSephros Somewhere, CAPosts: 396Member Uncommon
    Gimmie that beer then. Ill catch most of it

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• shawkandaweshawkandawe cali, CAPosts: 4Member
    You people need a better PC and invest in SSD while you're at it. Game runs fine.
  • mbrodiembrodie MelbournePosts: 1,008Member Uncommon

yeah thats all good and well restart your client, but now im in a solo instance in vet 3 zone, after watching an NPC conversation i had to leave the instance and interact with another NPC.. guess what stuck in the instance, relogged and now the quest is bugged out, so i cant watch the conversation to progress the quest and i cant leave the solo instance.

so tell me what do i do now?

Edit - 

i7 4770k, asus sabertooth x79, 16gb corsair vengeance pro, corsair H100i cooler, corsair AX 800w gold plus, 2 x corsair force 3 240gb SSD + data drives, 2 x AMD R9 290 running crossfire, i also have 2 x GTX 680's that i upgraded from.

my hardware is solid.. t's terrible programming and network infrastructure

Originally posted by shawkandawe
    You people need a better PC and invest in SSD while you're at it. Game runs fine.

Yes... the problem is with players PC's..game is perfect. ok but seriously..getting a new SSD won't help because this problem is server side.

How about you go troll another game now. I know you don't play ESO...but you seem to troll it a lot

I actually played the game an hour ago.

However the only people trolling here are those who are telling people to get SSD or that their system sucks. Even when it is a well known fact that long loading screens are on server side.

Getting a  better SSD won't solve this problem so it is a bad advice. 

• ReklawReklaw Am.Posts: 6,478Member Uncommon

Trying to get into Harborage and still loading. So I am effected with this small issue aswell.

Thought on playing a little hour before off to easter family visiting, to bad hopefully it works when I get back today.

• NineFuriesNineFuries Nashville, TNPosts: 33Member

Same problem here and I have zero add ons.  I'm dealing with it because I still very much like the game but my guess is alot of people who arent as dedicated would never spend 15$ a month having to put up with an issue like this.

I got stuck in a dungeon instance earlier and had to zone to cyrodil to finally leave.  While I was there and  trying to zone out I had to exit out of the game 4 different times just to enter another zone.  This is a very game breaking bug and needs to be fixed asap.

• ReklawReklaw Am.Posts: 6,478Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by shawkandawe

True I need a better PC but I don't need it to run ESO but more for some upcoming games this fall.

Also I have the long loading only with one toon, my other 3 toons who are on a different continent/area don't seem effected with longload screen.

I kinda already was thinking people needed a better PC when I played my other toons since I didn't experiance lag or other loading issue's. Then with my 4th toon it seems to effect certain area's.

• BetaBlockaBetaBlocka WrexhamPosts: 222Member

"It's still less than a pinky finger of ppl this is happening to."

I didn't realise you had access to ZOS internal data...I'm sure you will be happy to share your source for this statement any minute right? You know, so we can all see it's not hopeful bullshit that you made up on the spot....

2»