Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Appeal suspension/ban response from ZOS

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

Has anyone received a response from ZOS on their appeal regarding a suspension or ban after the last patch?

I've put a ticket in a little while ago and I'm still waiting. It could be a while. If anyone gets a response please let us know.

Comments

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

No response yet.  I'm waiting for a agent to call me back.  It shouldn't be possible for the system to suspend you account without a email generated with a reason why.

I really can't think why my account would be suspended but I guess I'll wait until I hear back from them.  They haven't been making it easy of late keeping my sub open.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    No word.  Also waiting call back.
  • KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

Same here,  looks like two people got caught up in this ban wave falsely.

1  people who received duplicate CE items from ZOS

2  people who got duplicate mailings sent to them from Hirelings

and also

3  people falling through the world

Not sure who else was caught up yet.

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by Knotwood

Same here,  looks like two people got caught up in this ban wave falsely.

1  people who received duplicate CE items from ZOS

2  people who got duplicate mailings sent to them from Hirelings

and also

3  people falling through the world

Not sure who else was caught up yet.

all those things happened to me but I didnt get banned **LUCKY**

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

In my case:

1 Bank upgrade slots bug + missing items/gold  with subsequent duplicate CE email

2 Fell through the world 3-4 times

I also accidentally joined one of those gold spam guilds but left a few minutes after. I hit join instead of x because I was busy/irritated at the time -- I get one or two of those every time I play. But if they check my account, they will see I've never had more than 7k gold at any one time. But still, it could be a factor.

ZOS should add a block guild invitation option because in addition to guilds spamming invitations, gold spammers are using it too.

• SirTSirT Member UncommonPosts: 16
    My wife was banned earlier from the game, had no idea why. She put in a ticket and after about 3 hours got an e-mail response saying she had used a "guild bank exploit". She still has no idea what she did wrong and has sent an appeal. We joined a guild early on so we could have access to some sort of auction house but needless to say her ban today did not go over well.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    According to Reditt the exploits can be accidental. How do they distinguish between accidental and intentional exploits ?
    Chamber of Chains

Just found this, submit an appeal doing this,  I already have submitted mine, I'll let you know how it turns out.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/82424/recent-actions-against-exploiters-appealing-a-ban

If you received a ban or suspension on your account and you would like to submit an appeal, you can do so on our website by following these steps:

• Open the official ESO Support site and click on "Email."
    • Once the support email opens, choose Account / Billing under "What kind of problem are you experiencing?"
    • Choose "I would like to appeal a suspension/ban" from the Select a Subcategory dropdown menu.
    • Describe the problem in the space provided.
    • Click Submit Question to send the appeal to Customer Support
    While we understand that not being able to access the game can be frustrating, we ask that you please refrain from creating forum threads about a ban or suspension you have received. We are unable to address or reverse account bans from the forums. Thank you for understanding.
    Originally posted by SirT
    My wife was banned earlier from the game, had no idea why. She put in a ticket and after about 3 hours got an e-mail response saying she had used a "guild bank exploit". She still has no idea what she did wrong and has sent an appeal. We joined a guild early on so we could have access to some sort of auction house but needless to say her ban today did not go over well.

Does your wife have a Hireling for crafting by chance?   Or receive a duplicate chest mailing from the Hireling?

Mine was a blacksmithing hireling.  An easy investigation into my account will show the duplicate, as I saved all my hireling mailings for the text in them that tell the storyline.   I mailed support to look at this, since CE people who had their items remailed to them also have been getting a ban.

• SirTSirT Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by SirT

Does your wife have a Hireling for crafting by chance?   Or receive a duplicate chest mailing from the Hireling?

Mine was a blacksmithing hireling.  An easy investigation into my account will show the duplicate, as I saved all my hireling mailings for the text in them that tell the storyline.   I mailed support to look at this, since CE people who had their items remailed to them also have been getting a ban.

She has a woodworker hireling but says she never received a duplicate chest from it.

• Majic12Majic12 Member Posts: 7

Settling Accounts

My account was suspended today as part of this, and it's the first time in 11 years of gaming on six MMOs that I've ever had something like that happen. In classic Kafka form, ZOS has given me no idea of why my account was suspended, it just is and that's that.

After several hours, I'm still waiting for a voice callback and also submitted an appeal as instructed in the official customer support forum, but given that this comes after not playing since last Sunday due to the bank bug, I can't help but see this a clear signal that it's time to part ways for good.

I think I've been reasonably patient with ZOS and ESO, but past a certain point what starts off as reasonable patience becomes unreasonable patience and ultimately leads to dysfunction and grief.

It's unfortunate, because aside from the bugs, spammers, gold sellers, bots and this latest unpleasantness, I really love the game itself. But now that I've been given the boot (for the first time anywhere, still shocked), my main concern is securing a refund with a minimum of hassle -- although with still no word whatsoever back from ZOS, that is looking less likely.

Here's hoping settling accounts won't be as frustrating as staying with the game had been, that I won't have to invoke the Fair Credit Act, and that other former players will see a prompt and fair resolution to this regrettable state of affairs as soon as possible.

Groupthink: Why dissent cannot be tolerated in gaming forums.

I got another thought I wanted to know if anyone had been collecting plants in cold harbor at all, sometimes I would grab a flower that said "someone else is using this node"  from another phase and was not visible to me.  

I know in past games, each item in game that is created has a unique identification put onto it, and when EQOA had a duplicate problem they looked at all the items and the ones that had the same idenfier on them were evidence of a duplication.

I'm wondering if anyone from coldharbor might have shared a loot with the same identification number on it as someone in the phased instance who grabed it?    

Originally posted by Majic12

Settling Accounts

My account was suspended today as part of this, and it's the first time in 11 years of gaming on six MMOs that I've ever had something like that happen. In classic Kafka form, ZOS has given me no idea of why my account was suspended, it just is and that's that.

After several hours, I'm still waiting for a voice callback and also submitted an appeal as instructed in the official customer support forum, but given that this comes after not playing since last Sunday due to the bank bug, I can't help but see this a clear signal that it's time to part ways for good.

I think I've been reasonably patient with ZOS and ESO, but past a certain point what starts off as reasonable patience becomes unreasonable patience and ultimately leads to dysfunction and grief.

It's unfortunate, because aside from the bugs, spammers, gold sellers, bots and this latest unpleasantness, I really love the game itself. But now that I've been given the boot (for the first time anywhere, still shocked), my main concern is securing a refund with a minimum of hassle -- although with still no word whatsoever back from ZOS, that is looking less likely.

Here's hoping settling accounts won't be as frustrating as staying with the game had been, that I won't have to invoke the Fair Credit Act, and that other former players will see a prompt and fair resolution to this regrettable state of affairs as soon as possible.

Hang in there if you can,  I'm sure we should expect to hear an official statement on this by Zenimax in the next 24 hours.  Or this could end like in age of conan, nobody wants that.

• Majic12Majic12 Member Posts: 7

Played Out

Hang in there if you can, I'm sure we should expect to hear an official statement on this by Zenimax in the next 24 hours. Or this could end like in age of conan, nobody wants that.
    I appreciate the encouragement and positive sentiment, and this certainly isn't my first rodeo when it comes to dealing with major game bugs, but life has taught me that when people push me away like this, it's best to trust their judgment, cut my losses and move on.

Better to do it now, before becoming too emotionally and financially invested, than to suffer even more abuse and frustration down the road -- and resent that I let it happen.

I'm sure ZOS is doing the best they can, but to be blunt, I just can't trust them with my business, and they had to earn that distrust the hard way.

For players who aren't up against things like bank bugs, wrongful suspensions and other miseries, my best wishes are with you, and I hope the game gets better and proves as enjoyable and rewarding for you as I hoped it would be for me.

But ZOS has already made my decision for me. It wasn't even my choice.

I'm not a player anymore.

So I'm done.

Groupthink: Why dissent cannot be tolerated in gaming forums.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

Settling Accounts

Hang in there if you can,  I'm sure we should expect to hear an official statement on this by Zenimax in the next 24 hours.  Or this could end like in age of conan, nobody wants that.

The thing is there are lots of video games just lining up for a chance at my gaming dollars that I could play right now instead so why is Zenimax making it hard for me to continue giving them my money?  I like ESO as a game but the problems since launch are really starting to get annoying even more so than average launch blues to me.  There is nothing wrong with anti cheating systems and they can be a valuable part of a game but you better make damn sure you implement them right which seems to be a recurring problem for Zenimax.  They have lots of good ideas but very piss pour execution. 

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    To be perfectly honest I am wondering how so many players have tolerated so many things happening to them and still playing this game.  You guys have iron stomachs for sure. I would have given up by now. When I played Anarchy Online it was so bad I just stopped playing for like 3 months and then came back it was  better. Then they did some patch which so many people got mad about and just up and left the game and it lost so many people. It was a good game that was brought down by bugs.
    Chamber of Chains
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Mine was suspended during beta - I had recycled a password and someone snagged it apparently.

I hadn't purchased the game, thankfully, but I was going to try another beta event a month or two ago and my login didn't work, it was asking for a security question (that I hadn't set), etc. At the time I had no idea the account was banned/suspended

So I contacted customer support. They informed me "You account was suspended during a beta for inappropriate activity". That was the first I had heard of it. I wrote back asking how to get it unsuspended, no response. I put in another ticket to get it unsuspended, no response.

Sure, I could make another account with another email address, but I'd prefer not to. And I'm certainly not going to drop $60+$15 on it when they aren't able to resolve my issue.

I'm sorry for you guys who have purchased and can't get this resolved.

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451

There seems to be a lot of suspensions going around at the moment . A friend of mine got one got a falling through the game world . I started up a thread in these forums about the matter but Mike Bitton closed it because he felt it wasn't an appropriate topic for these forums and directed me to the TESO forums . The reason I came here is that I thought it was an open gaming forum but it appears not . The problem is by closing that thread I wasn't able to follow up with a recent update that the problem had been resolved .

I wasn't able to tell people that Zenimax customer support had realized it had made a mistake and made an apology which will have left the people reading my thread with a poor impression of the game . Maybe it would be for the best to remove the forums here altogether and just allow people to comment on your news stories ? Its pointless having an open forum if threads are locked in such an aribitary manner . 

The problem was resolved within 24 hours . Zenimax admitted they thought her account was linked to scammers but on further examination they realized it was not . I'm glad you started this thread because I didn't want to start another one up on the issue . I don't think Zenimax handled the matter as well as might be expected an email should have been sent explaining the reasons for the suspension and my friend should have been reimbursed for the time she was unable to play even if it was 24 hours . 

The game itself is a lot of fun and one of the better mmos I have played they are having a few teething troubles but thats to be expected . The gold sellers have been a pain . I keep getting asked to groups by them which is annoying and Zenimax probably are desperate to resolve the issue but in doing so they are being a bit overzealous . 

Originally posted by udon

Settling Accounts

The thing is there are lots of video games just lining up for a chance at my gaming dollars that I could play right now instead so why is Zenimax making it hard for me to continue giving them my money?  I like ESO as a game but the problems since launch are really starting to get annoying even more so than average launch blues to me.  There is nothing wrong with anti cheating systems and they can be a valuable part of a game but you better make damn sure you implement them right which seems to be a recurring problem for Zenimax.  They have lots of good ideas but very piss pour execution. 

Yes. I feel really sad about this because I have been really enjoying this game, in spite of the numerous bugs. I thought the bugs could be fixed in time, since it's so soon after launch. But this mass banning is just too much on top of the unresolved bank/missing items issues I have. It is like rubbing salt in the wound then kicking their paying customers in the teeth.

If my account is not reinstated within a reasonable period (I'm thinking 24 hours), I will do a chargeback and seek a full refund on the Imperial CE, since I'm not getting what I paid for. I can't even access my account page to cancel my account because of the suspension. I can't sign into the official forums either, though I noticed that others who have been banned can.  I could only submit a ticket via the connection with my email address. So I will have to handle it through paypal. That will be unfortunate.

Anyway, I'm still hoping for the best and looking for any responses you guys might get in the meantime.

Originally posted by greatskys

There seems to be a lot of suspensions going around at the moment . A friend of mine got one got a falling through the game world . I started up a thread in these forums about the matter but Mike Bitton closed it because he felt it wasn't an appropriate topic for these forums and directed me to the TESO forums . The reason I came here is that I thought it was an open gaming forum but it appears not . The problem is by closing that thread I wasn't able to follow up with a recent update that the problem had been resolved .

I wasn't able to tell people that Zenimax customer support had realized it had made a mistake and made an apology which will have left the people reading my thread with a poor impression of the game . Maybe it would be for the best to remove the forums here altogether and just allow people to comment on your news stories ? Its pointless having an open forum if threads are locked in such an aribitary manner . 

The problem was resolved within 24 hours . Zenimax admitted they thought her account was linked to scammers but on further examination they realized it was not . I'm glad you started this thread because I didn't want to start another one up on the issue . I don't think Zenimax handled the matter as well as might be expected an email should have been sent explaining the reasons for the suspension and my friend should have been reimbursed for the time she was unable to play even if it was 24 hours . 

The game itself is a lot of fun and one of the better mmos I have played they are having a few teething troubles but thats to be expected . The gold sellers have been a pain . I keep getting asked to groups by them which is annoying and Zenimax probably are desperate to resolve the issue but in doing so they are being a bit overzealous . 

I'm glad to hear the good news about your friend. And I agree that they are being overzealous (or heavy handed) with the guilty until proven innocent approach. That is very off putting.

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by d_20

I'm glad to hear the good news about your friend. And I agree that they are being overzealous (or heavy handed) with the guilty until proven innocent approach. That is very off putting.

I was pleased too but why couldn't they just have sent her an email letting her know why she had been suspended ? It seems to me that it should be a standard practice and the fact no such email was sent is very poor customer relations. 

• ReticulataReticulata Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by cheyane
    According to Reditt the exploits can be accidental. How do they distinguish between accidental and intentional exploits ?

I can see how this would happen. Right after launch I had a full inventory before I went to bed and was power clicking provisioning foods and other mats into my bank and guild bank, not paying attn. I kept seeing the same items that I knew I added to the bank already, and chalked it up to being half asleep and logged out.

I wouldn't be surprised if some people duped random trash items, didn't even realize it and got banned.

I have also fallen through the world about 4 times.

SOE changes name to Daybreak games, cause dey break games.

I was pleased too but why couldn't they just have sent her an email letting her know why she had been suspended ? It seems to me that it should be a standard practice and the fact no such email was sent is very poor customer relations. 

Absolutely. That's why it came as a very unpleasant surprise to me when I tried to log in this morning. I would have thought that they would send some sort of email (as Blizzard does). 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by d_20
    Originally posted by udon

Settling Accounts

Yes. I feel really sad about this because I have been really enjoying this game, in spite of the numerous bugs. I thought the bugs could be fixed in time, since it's so soon after launch. But this mass banning is just too much on top of the unresolved bank/missing items issues I have. It is like rubbing salt in the wound then kicking their paying customers in the teeth.

If my account is not reinstated within a reasonable period (I'm thinking 24 hours), I will do a chargeback and seek a full refund on the Imperial CE, since I'm not getting what I paid for. I can't even access my account page to cancel my account because of the suspension. I can't sign into the official forums either, though I noticed that others who have been banned can.  I could only submit a ticket via the connection with my email address. So I will have to handle it through paypal. That will be unfortunate.

Anyway, I'm still hoping for the best and looking for any responses you guys might get in the meantime.

The standard industry response time is 48hrs, that's on a normal business schedule. WHen there's something this widespread, I'd add an extra day or two to expectations.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Distopia

The standard industry response time is 48hrs, that's on a normal business schedule. WHen there's something this widespread, I'd add an extra day or two to expectations.

Hopefully, they will compensate for the time lost from the included 30 days.