Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So there is 17k Wildstar beta keys left....

SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
Why does no one car about this beta anymore? Is it normally like this on beta weekends?

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    I believe it's because most of the people interested in it, such as myself, are already in the beta. They have been doing these give aways for months now.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Last beta I think I did about 10 minutes and uninstalled. The game just feels so outdated and generic.

• PsycheiPsychei Member Posts: 148

With pre order access most folks who want in beta are already there. Not to mention Carbine gave everyone at the PAX panel beta access, plus they sent out hundreds of thousands more beta codes. Not to mention almost every gaming website is giving them out. 

• CoffeeBreakCoffeeBreak Member Posts: 236

Well I guess that just means everyone discovered it's not everything they thought it would be and the hype is gone.  RIP Wildstar

Serious response:

I'm gonna assume that since so many people have been able to get into the Wildstar weekend betas many players(myself included) don't feel the need to do any more content this close to launch when it's going to be wiped anyway.

But I'll probably be in there anyway because my girlfriend wants to test another class.

• BloodDualityBloodDuality Member UncommonPosts: 404
    Some also may have preordered, and have beta access for these weekends from that. 
  • papariospaparios Member Posts: 48

The answer is very simple. Because in this beta there arent only 1 or 2 sites which are giving beta keys. There are more than 50.  So simple.

IGN only has 15.000 to give http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/04/18/huge-wildstar-beta-key-giveaway

Full List of sites https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/32771-weekend-beta-keys-18th-of-april-2014/

So i think you get the point :)

Thread Closed.

• thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    Can I have a key please?
  • hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621

Well they have had betas for awhile so.. As for me this is my first, and i played for a couple of hours and it was enough for me to know i want to play it. I am not really into testing the game for them, and also i dont want to ruin the game for my self, when i know my work is gonna get deleted. 

So i wont be joining any other betas, just gonna wait till the game comes out.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

I tried one beta and that was more than enough for me.

This game has veeeeery little appeal to me, almost none.

So i´ll pass on this beta since i don´t think of purchasing.

Enjoy those who do though,don´t want to sound harsh....just my opinion.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    did not someone claim here this game will be dethroning wow? i wonder if i will be able to get beta key for WoW:WoD beta test when mmorpg.com launches key give away. last time with MoP i was very unlucky; came back from work and found out all keys were gone in 4 hours of giveaway launch. well i am sure these 17K keys for wildstar will be taken in next 2 years..ohh wait then the game will be f2p or will shut down.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• rockin_uforockin_ufo Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Originally posted by hatefulpeace

Well they have had betas for awhile so.. As for me this is my first, and i played for a couple of hours and it was enough for me to know i want to play it. I am not really into testing the game for them, and also i dont want to ruin the game for my self, when i know my work is gonna get deleted. 

So i wont be joining any other betas, just gonna wait till the game comes out.

Same, no reason to do all these boring areas over and over. The bread and butter is past 20 so a beta weekend isn't going to do much besides give me a feel for the combat. This game has been tested to death and is very polished, so I don't feel wrong in saying I'm not in CB to test.

I got my 4 hours in of game time and that's enough to convince me to keep this on my pre-order radar.

Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
    It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
    'cause everyone thinks they're right,
    And nobody thinks that there just might
    Be more than one road to our final destination--

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    I am busy with ESO so no interest in Wildstar beta. But i will surely give it a try by end of the year.
  • hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

i wasn't interested, tried it because i got exausted of playing diablo 3. I'm glad i did, i was dissing the game without giving it a shot. It's a polished game with good mechanics, animations feels fluid and combat is fun. I enjoyed it. 

It seems a better MMO than ESO, imo. 

If you haven't, try it out... 

I won't buy it though, the only MMO that can make me pay for a sub ruight now is FFXIV. After GW2 subscriptions will ever be a hard sell for me. 

• IylzIylz Member Posts: 107
    This game is great, it takes a lot of really liked features and compiles them together. Think of a vanilla wow with features from just about every MMO in the past 10 years put into it. Nothing innovative but everything that just about everyone liked is in this MMO. I never even gave this game a second thought until a friend of mine bugged me to play the beta today and I have to say they did a great job bringing the best of all the worlds into one MMO. I actually just pre-ordered the deluxe edition a few minutes ago after playing the beta for some hours.
  • cyberpunkhobocyberpunkhobo Member UncommonPosts: 71
    I typically only find myself jumping into promotional betas like this when I'm wandering the genre's no-man's land: bored and with nothing else to play. But this spring, the major studios have been pretty busy, so I imagine there's a good segment of the population who are just happy playing what they're currently playing. And even though WoW doesn't have anything new in the pipeline for a while, Blizzard's been trying their best to distract fans of the game with other titles.

For me, it's just hard to stay interested in playing a character who's going to be deleted anyway when I have so many other games to play where that's not the case.
  • MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

Wow.

I sold 2 friend passes and 1 full beta key for 200$ just like two months ago...a weekend pass for 20$

And now, there's so many beta keys,  and no one wants them. Ahh, people.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    did not someone claim here this game will be dethroning wow? i wonder if i will be able to get beta key for WoW:WoD beta test when mmorpg.com launches key give away. last time with MoP i was very unlucky; came back from work and found out all keys were gone in 4 hours of giveaway launch. well i am sure these 17K keys for wildstar will be taken in next 2 years..ohh wait then the game will be f2p or will shut down.

People make these claims about every new MMO. Even ESO.

My advice just laugh it off.

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Im not playing it until release ( no need to be bored with the game before i get my hands on the full unlimited version ) i had fun during the few earlier beta weekends i got to play.    I was tempted to check out the new ui, but seeing it on a stream worked just fun.
  • Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257

They are plenty of these key giveaways now. I'm actually surprised there's only 17k left. I'd expect more given how many sites are now offering keys for the beta weekends.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Originally posted by Sawlstone
    Why does no one car about this beta anymore? Is it normally like this on beta weekends?

MMO burnout and I have zero interest in new sub based MMOs at this point anyway.  They never launch with enough content/features to make them worth the bother to me. 

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301

Well I just got done playing and I did not like it. Perhaps if I had never played wow the graphics would be a little more appealing to me. Back to some dark realism with ESO i guess.

I think this is gonna be a really fun experience for people new to mmo's.....if there are any.

• RoezenRoezen Member Posts: 3
    I have a few friends who were in the beta, and tried to get them to join. Apparently, their disinterest got them booted for not obtaining level 32 or something. The game just didn't suck any of them into it.

My friends and I are all older MMO players, and this game is nothing new. For whatever reason, I found FFXIV to be much more appealing. Wildstar has a ton of content and they are smart enough to grab good features of prior MMOs; yet, it feels like it's trying to be too roller coaster and do too much at the same time.
  • papariospaparios Member Posts: 48
    I guess ESO is once again down for a "hotfix" so all the good ppl are here to troll WIldStar. Anyway i m sry for you guys but your beloved ESO and ZEN already failed hard. You wont save it by trolling WildStar. Not that i care much, i can say i m having fun with you :)
  • rochristrochrist Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Originally posted by Jockan

Last beta I think I did about 10 minutes and uninstalled. The game just feels so outdated and generic.

Because, of course, it's easy to judge an MMO based on 10 minutes of play.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by rochrist
    Originally posted by Jockan

Because, of course, it's easy to judge an MMO based on 10 minutes of play.

You can judge an awful lot in 10 minutes - that is more than enough time for you to form a "first impression". And some peoples first impression will be negative.

Now if rochrist had said: played 10 minutes, quest and story lines were really shallow etc. you would be spot on. Rochrist uninstalled as a result of his first impression however - the game didn't grab him. Whether it was graphics, typeface, physics model, lighting, weather, chat channels, character creation, weather, ...... first impressions matter.