Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO item dupe issue has been around since BETA

Here is the email I sent  Bethesda/Zenimax on this issue, and I suggest any honest player to follow suit. So you get an understanding, I was in Psijic Order beta testers from day 1, and was also in a previous beta testing group before Psijic.

"I want to let you know that I am cancelling my subscription due to the "item dupe" issue your game released with, even though the issue was known in Beta. I find it very disturbing that many dishonest players get a considerable advantage and rewards when honest players who tried to help the game get left behind. In fact, I personally have stayed away from the possibility known bugs in beta just so I could immerse myself in the game play as your developers would like me to (also have reported bugs and very many gold sellers). But it appears that since this "item dupe" was known, that there seems to be significant dishonesty within your company.

I would think there is a possibility of coming back to this game if you made an example of all players who exploited the "item dupe" bug, but I doubt this would occur due to save your company embarrassment, and money.

In fact, in all honesty, if those guilty of this are not made examples of, and have bans or items taken from them, then I want my original game purchase refunded as you have provided a significantly unfair advantage to the exploiters.

Thanks for such a great game, but I feel what I find as dishonesty from players and possibly your company outweighs the enjoyment factor, which really has been taken away due to this issue."

Comments

• stickman1979stickman1979 Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Originally posted by elektrohaus

Here is the email I sent  Bethesda/Zenimax on this issue, and I suggest any honest player to follow suit. So you get an understanding, I was in Psijic Order beta testers from day 1, and was also in a previous beta testing group before Psijic.

"I want to let you know that I am cancelling my subscription due to the "item dupe" issue your game released with, even though the issue was known in Beta. I find it very disturbing that many dishonest players get a considerable advantage and rewards when honest players who tried to help the game get left behind. In fact, I personally have stayed away from the possibility known bugs in beta just so I could immerse myself in the game play as your developers would like me to (also have reported bugs and very many gold sellers). But it appears that since this "item dupe" was known, that there seems to be significant dishonesty within your company.

I would think there is a possibility of coming back to this game if you made an example of all players who exploited the "item dupe" bug, but I doubt this would occur due to save your company embarrassment, and money.

In fact, in all honesty, if those guilty of this are not made examples of, and have bans or items taken from them, then I want my original game purchase refunded as you have provided a significantly unfair advantage to the exploiters.

Thanks for such a great game, but I feel what I find as dishonesty from players and possibly your company outweighs the enjoyment factor, which really has been taken away due to this issue."

Post a screenshot of your original e-mail.

Earliest I have seen this bug mentioned is in the Amazon product review here:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1U46C1NVZVAMV/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00I4BGLOG

This was 10 days ago.

It doesn't mention how to do it, but it is NOT a favorable review.

It was also downvoted pretty harshly to hide knowledge of the bug, and any forum post now linking to that review on the official forums gets taken down. ZeniMax damage control is on.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534

You *are* aware, I trust, that dupes like this have happened in every MMO that I know of?  I remember a huge one early in WoW; in EQ1; etc.  You're projecting with certainty a claim - that this was known of by the company in beta - as fact with no evidence.  You're cancelling, etc. before you know what they're going to do.  There are a whole lot of extrapolations and bad faith judgements going on here.

I'll be pissed if they deliberately ignored it - but I can't believe that any MMO company would do that.  It's probably the single highest priority thing they would flag out of all user feedback.  If they do nothing to deal with the people involved I'd be disappointed - but something idiotic, like a full rollback, would destroy the game.  I reserve the right to get angry after a company does something wrong, but assuming that they will in advance does no good at all.

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319
    Originally posted by ohioastro

You *are* aware, I trust, that dupes like this have happened in every MMO that I know of?  I remember a huge one early in WoW; in EQ1; etc.  You're projecting with certainty a claim - that this was known of by the company in beta - as fact with no evidence.  You're cancelling, etc. before you know what they're going to do.  There are a whole lot of extrapolations and bad faith judgements going on here.

I'll be pissed if they deliberately ignored it - but I can't believe that any MMO company would do that.  It's probably the single highest priority thing they would flag out of all user feedback.  If they do nothing to deal with the people involved I'd be disappointed - but something idiotic, like a full rollback, would destroy the game.  I reserve the right to get angry after a company does something wrong, but assuming that they will in advance does no good at all.

Well it certainly didn't happen in every MMO that i know of. Still its irrelevant because two wrongs doesn't make one right. This is 2014 and standards should be way up as far as QA is concerned during testing period.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Just look up duping. Runescape, neverwinter, and Wow jump up fast. Other pages have just about every other game. 2014 has nothing to do with QA. That is like saying it is 2014...we have had about 100 years of driving experience why do we have crashes.
  • coorsguyscoorsguys Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by Zalmon

Well it certainly didn't happen in every MMO that i know of. Still its irrelevant because two wrongs doesn't make one right. This is 2014 and standards should be way up as far as QA is concerned during testing period.

Yep it is 2014 and betas are not treated like they used to be .  Today's gamers uses betas as free trials and are not concerned about helping find issues .  So it's not all the QA fault it also lands on the beta or lack of beta testers. This is not just an eso issue it's with all mmos these days .

• Originally posted by Zalmon

Then you clearly haven't played any other MMO, because its happened in pretty much every MMO to date.

Most Dupe Bugs in most MMO's come from 1 primary thing, Lag...

And you'll never get rid of Lag in an Online game.

You it massively having an effect on most MMO's because its very easy to see who duped, and to ban them and remove what they've gotten.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    Originally posted by Zalmon

I'm saying that cancelling an MMO subscription because of something that happens to almost all of them at release is a pretty puzzling reaction.  I'm not saying that it's acceptable that it happened.  But we have a blanket and unproven assertion that they knew about it; we're being asked to cancel before we know what they're even going to do about it.  Come on.

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292

This is but one, of many, bugs that have been abused by individuals/guilds since the game launched. I personally know of many exploitable bugs that were reported in the alpha/beta's that were never fixed. Some of them were reported early, and some of them were reported at the end of the beta's (to my knowledge).

There are a lot of guilds that shared this information at launch, and used it to build thier guilds. This should not really be a surprise to anyone that was in the alpha/beta's. This game was not ready in so many ways, and the dev team just could not keep up with the bug reports. The best thing that they did was to remove some of the systems/content prior to launch, because they could not fix them in time... but when they added them back, they still werent fixed.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Please post in the existing thread.
This discussion has been closed.