Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A friend of mine just has had her account suspended after getting error code 307

greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451
 A friend who I'm playing TESO with has just had her account suspended . What happened is she fell through the game world got kicked out of the server and had a message come up as error code 307 . Now shes tried to log into her account only to find its been suspended . Shes sending ticket but has any one else had a similar problem . Checking the forums it seems a lot of people have had account suspensions for no apparent reason . 

Comments

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Duh! With all the people saying there isn't bugs in ESO, she must have hacked to break the ground!

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• papariospaparios Member Posts: 48
    I think ESO is already heading to the top of the list. If ZEN keep it this way the Anarchy Online position is in danger...
  • greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by Tygranir
    Duh! With all the people saying there isn't bugs in ESO, she must have hacked to break the ground!

Apparently she was repeatedly jumping up and down while waiting for us to finish our quest . 

• CottonLionessCottonLioness Member Posts: 3

That person is me *waves at greatskys*

we were at karnethi roost near the skooma dealer's cave when i was jumping up and down when suddenly the game world disappeared and the skybox shows in its place. I relogged hoping it would just reset itself but somehow i still kept falling (guess it did reset it somewhat). After a long fall, my character fell into water and died (got an achievement too called 'slaughtered'). I checked the map and it seemed i was waaaay off the map. Not long after I got booted out with error 307 and couldnt log back in saying its incorrect information. Tried logging into the website and it says my account has been suspended from site.

On a side note, you can hack mmos? i thought with the constant update and required internet connection, hacking would be near impossible?

• MamasGunMamasGun Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by paparios
    I think ESO is already heading to the top of the list. If ZEN keep it this way the Anarchy Online position is in danger...

^THAT is hysterical~ Damn Leets!^

To the Op- man, that SUCKS.  She paid her dues and purchased the game... and now, through no fault of her own, is suspended?  Ugh... talk about annoyances.  I know every MMO has bugs and kinks when it first launches, but aside from the servers being down, you should be able to play the game you payed for.  Any less is horrible business practice, in my eyes.

Best of luck, I hope the suspension doesn't last through the weekend!

@CottonLioness- Hope all works out for you!  That suckssss soooo bad!

Loves: SMITE, WildStar, Project Zomboid, PSO2, DCUO,

Worst Online Communities: WoW/WoD(the OG MMO Trolls), DayZ/WarZ, SMITE/LoL/DOTA, EVE Online, APB
    "I’m ready for
    All the comparisons
    I think it’s dumb and it’s embarrassing
    I’m switching off
    No longer listening
    I’ve had enough of persecution and conditioning
    Maybe it’s instinct- We’re only animal"
    - Lily Allen, Sheezus

• RomeoRomeoRomeoRomeo Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Sorry to say this but your friend has secretly been buying gold and this whole fall-through-the-ground shit is her way of covering her shame.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by greatskys
     A friend who I'm playing TESO with has just had her account suspended . What happened is she fell through the game world got kicked out of the server and had a message come up as error code 307 . Now shes tried to log into her account only to find its been suspended . Shes sending ticket but has any one else had a similar problem . Checking the forums it seems a lot of people have had account suspensions for no apparent reason . 

You do realize that falling through the world if a priveledge, not a right.   Obviously they let you fall through the world, as a gift, not as a spectacle.

Zenimax reads customers requests.  They will obviously handle this situation.  Or you go to badmouth them on these forums, when obviously they are are not responsible for the software they wrote.

/peace  Just funnying with you, hope it works out.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• AzartenAzarten Member UncommonPosts: 33

Just keep contacting customer support, you 've likely been caught up in their attempts to ban the teleport hackers.  By logging out instead of using /stuck you've emulated what many of the bots do to try and not get caught.

So just keep trying I'm sure it will get resolved.  It's unfortunate the problems that those gold selling pricks cause in games where companies are forced to implement methods which normally hinder regular players in order to restrict their activities.

• MamasGunMamasGun Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by Azarten                                                                                                                                                                       It's unfortunate the problems that those gold selling pricks cause in games where companies are forced to implement methods which normally hinder regular players in order to restrict their activities.

I agree completely.  I think that's why so many people are pissed over the amount of gold sellers that are already in game and "just muting them" doesn't help when you are, by the systems standards, being viewed somehow as one of them. 

Loves: SMITE, WildStar, Project Zomboid, PSO2, DCUO,

Worst Online Communities: WoW/WoD(the OG MMO Trolls), DayZ/WarZ, SMITE/LoL/DOTA, EVE Online, APB
    "I’m ready for
    All the comparisons
    I think it’s dumb and it’s embarrassing
    I’m switching off
    No longer listening
    I’ve had enough of persecution and conditioning
    Maybe it’s instinct- We’re only animal"
    - Lily Allen, Sheezus

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

contact support and i am sure it gets sorted.
    Big lol to all those doomsayers here, go play a game instead of trying to bash anything that moves.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Azarten

Just keep contacting customer support, you 've likely been caught up in their attempts to ban the teleport hackers.  By logging out instead of using /stuck you've emulated what many of the bots do to try and not get caught.

So just keep trying I'm sure it will get resolved.  It's unfortunate the problems that those gold selling pricks cause in games where companies are forced to implement methods which normally hinder regular players in order to restrict their activities.

Yup, I'd say there's a very high chance that the account was flagged as a potential terrain hacker and locked pending further investigation.

The goldseller bots are teleporting around below the terrain to invisibly harvest resource nodes. I know this from personal experience, having watched nodes vanish in front of me and had the player interaction "F" button briefly appear with player names like "jdsff".

The harder ZOS fight against the goldsellers, the more inconvenience it will cause to the "innocent" playerbase. Yet there are still countless idiots arguing on forums that them buying gold from goldsellers "doesn't impact your gameplay, so why do you care ?"

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by Azarten

Yup, I'd say there's a very high chance that the account was flagged as a potential terrain hacker and locked pending further investigation.

The goldseller bots are teleporting around below the terrain to invisibly harvest resource nodes. I know this from personal experience, having watched nodes vanish in front of me and had the player interaction "F" button briefly appear with player names like "jdsff".

The harder ZOS fight against the goldsellers, the more inconvenience it will cause to the "innocent" playerbase. Yet there are still countless idiots arguing on forums that them buying gold from goldsellers "doesn't impact your gameplay, so why do you care ?"

Wait, what? There are actually people on the Zenimax forums that are making arguments that are pro gold purchasing through 3rd parties?

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Report it in, and I say push for having 1 day added on the account for a wrongful ban. Its BS if they think you should have "paid" time lost due to a flaw in their banning system. I Know "its just one day" but its 1 day lost due to  an overly zealous ban system without having better failsafes... like the super simple "make sure it happens multiple times before the ban hammer" deal if they aren't dedicating manpower to check.
    Originally posted by CottonLioness

That person is me *waves at greatskys*

we were at karnethi roost near the skooma dealer's cave when i was jumping up and down when suddenly the game world disappeared and the skybox shows in its place. I relogged hoping it would just reset itself but somehow i still kept falling (guess it did reset it somewhat). After a long fall, my character fell into water and died (got an achievement too called 'slaughtered'). I checked the map and it seemed i was waaaay off the map. Not long after I got booted out with error 307 and couldnt log back in saying its incorrect information. Tried logging into the website and it says my account has been suspended from site.

On a side note, you can hack mmos? i thought with the constant update and required internet connection, hacking would be near impossible?

Heya Cotton :) . waves :) lets hope they sort it out soon and reimburse you for the time you've lost . 

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

Did you fall through the water when you logged back in?

I'm guessing this was some sort of auto safelock in case a character ever was in danger of being permanently damaged.

there's a /stuck command? :o
    where can you find the full list of commands and emotes? they didnt cover that in tutorial

yea i fell through water after i relogged and died getting eaten by slaughterfish somewhere waaaaaay off the map

What surprises me most is that no reason has been given for the suspension . Surely an email should be sent as standard practice if an account is suspended ? I'm enjoying the game but this is making me think it may not be worth playing it because who is to say a similar thing couldn't happen to me in a few months time . Its bad enough it happens when you have only just started but it would be a lot worse if you get characters to level 50 and suddenly through no fault of your own you get suspended . Cotton contacted them yesterday evening and so far there has been no response . I appreciate when a game starts things dont always go smoothly but this is the first time I have encountered anything like this . Taking a look at the Elder Scrolls forums it seems to be full of people who are confused over their accounts being suspended for no apparent reason . 
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

There is a difference between saying the game doesn't have bugs or saying many of the issue's I read about I have not experianced but perhaps a few.

I don't believe the majority of people playing ESO not even on these forums say the game has no bugs.

On topic:

That friend needs to contact costumer service (since the game is pretty fresh on release it might take a while for getting a response)

I think his/her suspension might have something to do with people using the exploit to go under map and mine/harvest all resources from below. I have come across some nodes when I tried to mine rght before I heard the sound of someone mining but couldn't see him or her. Which meant they are under the map yet still having acces to the nodes. Atleast that's what I got from chat.

So perhaps Zenimax has put in some code to anyone who tries to go under map would get a ban?

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Why is this post the only thing that comes up when you google "eso 307 error"?

"eso 209 error" has lots of results from the eso forums and official sources.

As for random suspension, who knows, maybe your friend pissed off a bunch of people in chat for whatever reason and got reported a bunch.  People on the internet are jerks, and I wouldn't put it past them to report a player for saying something like, "I'm a girl IRL."

Or maybe she was trying to sell Iron Ignots and posted it to chat a few too many times and people reported her for spamming?

Or maybe she jumps so much that people randomly report her because it annoys them?

I dunno, it could be anything really.

Originally posted by Reklaw

There is a difference between saying the game doesn't have bugs or saying many of the issue's I read about I have not experianced but perhaps a few.

I don't believe the majority of people playing ESO not even on these forums say the game has no bugs.

On topic:

That friend needs to contact costumer service (since the game is pretty fresh on release it might take a while for getting a response)

I think his/her suspension might have something to do with people using the exploit to go under map and mine/harvest all resources from below. I have come across some nodes when I tried to mine rght before I heard the sound of someone mining but couldn't see him or her. Which meant they are under the map yet still having acces to the nodes. Atleast that's what I got from chat.

So perhaps Zenimax has put in some code to anyone who tries to go under map would get a ban?

Thats the impression we are getting . But it seems pretty incompetant to ban someone for going under the map if you havn't fixed bugs that make players fall under the map by accident . If such a policy is in place I think an email as to why someone gets suspended should have been sent . I've never heard of such a thing in ten years of playing mmos . As Cotton has said she has contacted customer service . Its almost 24 hours and theres been no response so far but being fair it is a holiday weekend . It will be interesting to see how long it takes . 

Originally posted by Rusque

Why is this post the only thing that comes up when you google "eso 307 error"?

"eso 209 error" has lots of results from the eso forums and official sources.

As for random suspension, who knows, maybe your friend pissed off a bunch of people in chat for whatever reason and got reported a bunch.  People on the internet are jerks, and I wouldn't put it past them to report a player for saying something like, "I'm a girl IRL."

Or maybe she was trying to sell Iron Ignots and posted it to chat a few too many times and people reported her for spamming?

Or maybe she jumps so much that people randomly report her because it annoys them?

I dunno, it could be anything really.

It could be anything I agree . Which is why I would expect them to send an email to explain exactly why an account has been suspended . To me it seems very bad practice to just suspend an account and then expect a customer to contact your customer support to find out why . 

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    This really isn't a discussion thread and no one here can help your friend out. Please take it up with ESO support!
This discussion has been closed.