Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Evo armor. Awesome or not.

I came up with a concept of evo armor. Armor that adapts based  on how you fight and spend points or whatever. It would be able to change appearance and you could buy a style path that would predetermine what it will look like. It's a new concept but give it a  thought. Comment and give me your opinion.

Comments

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    I've seen armour like that in 2008 ? in anarchy online, for the low levels. It was one of the harder to get items on the tutorial island and it allowed you to upgrade it for free in the lower levels so that new players don't need to look for gear improvements for the first one-and a half dungeons.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• Anxanxes_slayerAnxanxes_slayer Member Posts: 4
    I mean one set of armor and that's it. It responds to your play style.
  • sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    Originally posted by Anxanxes_slayer
    I mean one set of armor and that's it. It responds to your play style.

Most people play MMOs to get cool stuff. While I see them evolving their armour, i don't think the appeal would be as lasting as getting NEW stuff. People like to get new stuff. 

So, you'd probably end up with a game thats deserted after a few weeks.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• AkuzimoAkuzimo Member Posts: 20
    I've seen something similar to that concept in SWTOR. I think it was called "Adaptive" equipment. Don't quote me on that. Anyway, you add these inserts/mods to it and it add stats based on which items you chose.

I like armors like that, especially if they look nice to fit my characters persona. Not exactly "evo" but close. However that is an interesting concept that I wouldn't mind being explored somewhere