Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nameplates in ESO - Change.org

Chaos-xChaos-x Member UncommonPosts: 11

Hopefully this is not against the TOS of the forums (if it is, please let me know and I will remove the info) but I have created a petition asking Zenimax Online Studios to reinstate name plate functionality in Elder Scrolls Online.

You can show your support and sign the petition here at change.org http://chn.ge/1imeXpR

I realize there is a great debate going on about this topic, and that there are those who would appreciate this option, and those who oppose it. If you oppose the idea of nameplates, please read what I have to say before posting how much you hate nameplates, and that you do not want ESO to turn into WoW etc.

I am proposing that name plate functionality be added to ESO as an "OPTION".  Players would have the ability to enable or disable this feature, which means if you hate nameplates and feel that it interferes with your ability to immerse yourself in the game, you can simply turn the nameplates off, and your gameplay experience will not change.

To those people who oppose nameplates because they feel if will disrupt PVP or give some kind of tactical advantage, I am proposing that restrictions be placed on name plates in pvp, and instead of showing a players name, it instead would show something generic like their faction, or rank, etc, similar to how GW2 and DAOC did it.

*Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and everyone should have the freedom to choose how they want to play the game.  Please respect the fact that people want to play with name plates, and respect the fact that people do NOT want to play with name plates.

Comments

• Chaos-xChaos-x Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Got our first few signatures, if you support name plates in ESO please sign the petition!
  • safire312safire312 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Chat bubbles petition needed
  • tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    Originally posted by Chaos-x

Hopefully this is not against the TOS of the forums (if it is, please let me know and I will remove the info) but I have created a petition asking Zenimax Online Studios to reinstate name plate functionality in Elder Scrolls Online.

You can show your support and sign the petition here at change.org http://chn.ge/1imeXpR

I realize there is a great debate going on about this topic, and that there are those who would appreciate this option, and those who oppose it. If you oppose the idea of nameplates, please read what I have to say before posting how much you hate nameplates, and that you do not want ESO to turn into WoW etc.

I am proposing that name plate functionality be added to ESO as an "OPTION".  Players would have the ability to enable or disable this feature, which means if you hate nameplates and feel that it interferes with your ability to immerse yourself in the game, you can simply turn the nameplates off, and your gameplay experience will not change.

To those people who oppose nameplates because they feel if will disrupt PVP or give some kind of tactical advantage, I am proposing that restrictions be placed on name plates in pvp, and instead of showing a players name, it instead would show something generic like their faction, or rank, etc, similar to how GW2 and DAOC did it.

*Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and everyone should have the freedom to choose how they want to play the game.  Please respect the fact that people want to play with name plates, and respect the fact that people do NOT want to play with name plates.

You are entitled to your opinion...:)

Personally, I'm against it ; I feel the World is MUCH better Place without nameplated that clutters the screen..

.With It optional It will eventually force me to activate it, when I'm grouping with friends that has it on just to keep up with the pace, just like what will happen with ADD ONS...

Can you respect that view aswell :)

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    No thanks. Not interested in them wasting time on bubble chat or name pkates. Especially if it slows down the game even a little.
  • WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Hopefully this is not against the TOS of the forums (if it is, please let me know and I will remove the info) but I have created a petition asking Zenimax Online Studios to reinstate name plate functionality in Elder Scrolls Online.You can show your support and sign the petition here at change.org http://chn.ge/1imeXpRI realize there is a great debate going on about this topic, and that there are those who would appreciate this option, and those who oppose it. If you oppose the idea of nameplates, please read what I have to say before posting how much you hate nameplates, and that you do not want ESO to turn into WoW etc.I am proposing that name plate functionality be added to ESO as an "OPTION".  Players would have the ability to enable or disable this feature, which means if you hate nameplates and feel that it interferes with your ability to immerse yourself in the game, you can simply turn the nameplates off, and your gameplay experience will not change.To those people who oppose nameplates because they feel if will disrupt PVP or give some kind of tactical advantage, I am proposing that restrictions be placed on name plates in pvp, and instead of showing a players name, it instead would show something generic like their faction, or rank, etc, similar to how GW2 and DAOC did it.*Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and everyone should have the freedom to choose how they want to play the game.  Please respect the fact that people want to play with name plates, and respect the fact that people do NOT want to play with name plates.

in pve im fine with nameplates so long as it can be toggled off, but in pvp no way in hell, this ruins pvp, makes it so you can spot a enemy a mile away.
  • spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    Originally posted by safire312

There is an addon already which activates chat bubbles.

When it comes to Nameplates, I dont want to see them in pvp. Overall Nameplates should be toggle able, otherwise I would say No to nameplates.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Warjin

in pve im fine with nameplates so long as it can be toggled off, but in pvp no way in hell, this ruins pvp, makes it so you can spot a enemy a mile away.

My thought exactly, besides you can see the name by simply mousing over a player, nameplates would be development work that's unneeded as the function is already there in a different manner.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• CoffeeBreakCoffeeBreak Member Posts: 236

Even though I understand why many players don't want the nameplates I think it would help a lot with the "solo player mmo" feeling.

Yeah you can see a player's name when you aim at them, but I'm honestly not walking around pointing at random players.  The game has lot of multiplayer content but when you're doing it you're with nameless random people.

When you go up to a dark anchor, or those those higher level public dungeons with the fast spawning 5-6 mob groups, or just running along side 3 other people in a really long quest chain you probably wouldn't even notice who they are.  You could be running around with them 2 days later and probably not even know it was the same person.  For some players it's nice having names clearing presented because then they are an individual rather than just that guy that ran by.

Or when someone runs up and grabs the chest while you're fighting the mobs that were guarding it.  

"I SAW THAT DICK!! I'm gonna get in /zone and tell everyone how much of a jerk Ter- Terd-......Ter-something is!"  

• ReticulataReticulata Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Signed, thanks.

SOE changes name to Daybreak games, cause dey break games.
  • spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Maybe I don't want you to see me? No nameplates. Interact with people and the environment in more natural way.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Hopefully this is not against the TOS of the forums (if it is, please let me know and I will remove the info) but I have created a petition asking Zenimax Online Studios to reinstate name plate functionality in Elder Scrolls Online.You can show your support and sign the petition here at change.org http://chn.ge/1imeXpRI realize there is a great debate going on about this topic, and that there are those who would appreciate this option, and those who oppose it. If you oppose the idea of nameplates, please read what I have to say before posting how much you hate nameplates, and that you do not want ESO to turn into WoW etc.I am proposing that name plate functionality be added to ESO as an "OPTION".  Players would have the ability to enable or disable this feature, which means if you hate nameplates and feel that it interferes with your ability to immerse yourself in the game, you can simply turn the nameplates off, and your gameplay experience will not change.To those people who oppose nameplates because they feel if will disrupt PVP or give some kind of tactical advantage, I am proposing that restrictions be placed on name plates in pvp, and instead of showing a players name, it instead would show something generic like their faction, or rank, etc, similar to how GW2 and DAOC did it.*Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and everyone should have the freedom to choose how they want to play the game.  Please respect the fact that people want to play with name plates, and respect the fact that people do NOT want to play with name plates.

Find it slightly amusing that of all the things change.org could be used for, Your campaigning for Eso nameplates lol.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    ppl need to just stop trying to make this game and ever other hyped game that comes out "wanting to look n feel" like their old game...soo many out there ask and want unique mmorpgs but at the end of the day all they want is what they had..i for one will not / would not sign..nthx..whats next??ppl trolling zone chat about gear scores??
  • VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

I think i want to start a petition that bans gamers from making petitions about video games. 

This is sooooo a 1st world problem like ..... Got hired, now i have to wake up early again... or My diamond earrings keep scratching my iPhone... even better This bag is so full of french fries i can't reach my hamburger.

Lolipops !

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    Nope, the design philosophy is minimalism and I'd like to see it stay that way. If you want all that data on screen go play any other MMO and quit trying to make ESO more like everything else.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• prowessprowess Member UncommonPosts: 169
    the lack of nameplates is one of the things ESO got so right.
  • BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Originally posted by skeaser
    Nope, the design philosophy is minimalism and I'd like to see it stay that way. If you want all that data on screen go play any other MMO and quit trying to make ESO more like everything else.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by BurntCabbage
    Originally posted by skeaser

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

Optional chat bubbles yes, optional nameplates yes (but both should be toggled off by default).

And before anyone says it, neither can be accomplished with the modding API.

Originally posted by spizz
    Originally posted by safire312

There is an addon already which activates chat bubbles.

When it comes to Nameplates, I dont want to see them in pvp. Overall Nameplates should be toggle able, otherwise I would say No to nameplates.

No there isn't.  Simple Chat Bubbles addon creates pop-ups not chat bubbles.  They do not appear over the speaker's heads so it is not the same.

• ErdaErda Member UncommonPosts: 211

Optional wouldn't be a bad thing.

I do have to say that the minimalist feeling to the game has really grown on me.  I haven't felt this immersed in a big beautiful world for a long time.  It is refreshing not to have a cluttered screen.  I'm finding that I'm actually getting better knowing my surrounding in the game.  I haven't downloaded any addons so playing with the barebones of the game.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    At first I was for chat bubbles and name plates. I'm only level 21 now, but after playing quite a lot of the game I've grown to love the minimalist view. I have some add ons that add a small row at the top of basic information like time, available inventory slots, etc and a few small mods like keeping the chat box visible, but once I started adding things like displaying my long term buffs and a minimap, it was starting to break my immersion and I removed them because they were cluttering the screen. I agree what someone above said about nameplates for PVP,it would make it very unbalanced.

There Is Always Hope!

Originally posted by Entinerint

Optional chat bubbles yes, optional nameplates yes (but both should be toggled off by default).

IF they're going to make it optional they should make it a choice of the user being displayed or not, rather than a choice to see them..

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by Distopia

IF they're going to make it optional they should make it a choice of the user being displayed or not, rather than a choice to see them..

Why? why people wants act like they were NPCs to other players ?

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Meh, I like things how they are for a change. Change is good, and the genre definitely needs a change. Voting against name plates. Leave them in all the other MMORPGs.
    Isaiah 41:10
    Originally posted by PAL-18

I'd rather not have a giant red flashing light over my head when I'm trying to employ tactics in PVP.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by PAL-18

I'd rather not have a giant red flashing light over my head when I'm trying to employ tactics in PVP.

That's why you would have an option to turn them off.