Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Tanks: v9.0 New Frontiers Launches Tomorrow

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest World of Tanks patch will launch on Thursday. Called "New Frontiers", the v9.0 update brings a new game mode, enhanced graphics in all battle arenas, new graphics for tanks and in-game objects as well as new hi-def models for ten popular tanks.

In New Frontiers, the American M4 Sherman, Soviet T-54, and German Tiger I are among the first ten iconic tanks to be revamped with high definition models and textures. New physics functions including blow-off turrets upon explosion of the ammo rack, and realistic suspension behavior in the HD models, create a more realistic environment allowing players to delve deeper into tank battles. 

The new Historical Battles game mode pits enemies against each other in some of World War II’s most legendary tank encounters. Tankers will command historically-outfitted vehicles and relive three of history’s iconic battles: Operation Spring Awakening, the Battle of Kursk, and the Ardennes Breakthrough.

Read more on the World of Tanks site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Nice will be jumping on this when I get home from work :)

• falc0nfalc0n Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Its Good to see all the improvements. Great job World of Tanks!
  • mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146
    might start playing again
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    still UN-balanced as ever. I expect nothing from this.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Sweet sheesh gotta download this and defiance

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• NodboNNodboN Member UncommonPosts: 50
    still want in tank view, don't care if i cant see as much, just want it.
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

One of the worst patches in recent times of ANY game plagued by a Crash To Desktop bug effecting quite a few players across all servers.  I estimate 20% from my own experience.

On top of that bug, customer support has been terrible as they went home for the holiday weekend and left players with subscriptions (Premium Account in game terms) keep running down.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/352136-wg-why-you-no-call-or-write/page__st__20__pid__7032899#entry7032899

Six days later it is addressed on the games official NA forum with a possible "fix" being released 9 days after 9.0 deployed on the NA server.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/352479-901-update-coming/#topmost

This on top of this Crash To Desktop bug being reported on the EU and RU servers that received the 9.0 update before the NA server does.

And no story about this on MMORPG.com.  Imagine if WoW, RIFT, GW2 etc. players had to wait until 9 days before an estimated patch was deployed allowing them to play the game.