Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch notes 15th April

DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/78524/upcoming-patch-highlights-in-progress-updates/p1http://

Some nice fixes in there.

Two forthcoming things they mention - not in this patch though - are based on player feedback....

Dungeon Treasure Chests – Based on feedback, we are changing treasure chests in instanced dungeons so that everyone gets a piece of loot regardless of who opens the chest. This change is currently being implemented and tested internally and will be released in a future patch as soon as it’s ready. Watch the patch notes for the news.

Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    How long does maintance last this morning ? The Na Megaserver is down... MUST PLAY!
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Dibdabs.

Dungeon Treasure Chests – Based on feedback, we are changing treasure chests in instanced dungeons so that everyone gets a piece of loot regardless of who opens the chest. This change is currently being implemented and tested internally and will be released in a future patch as soon as it’s ready. Watch the patch notes for the news.

Saw that troll movie that was posted here and I like it how fast Zenimax has jumped on this issue. Have done only 1 dungeon so far and we split the chests evenly, but this way it's a lot better IMO

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    A company that fixes and updates regularly, as well as looks at how the game is being played and tweaks appropriately. Whatever next!
  • CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422

Nice fixes.

The public dungeon thing annoyed the hell out of me as sometimes I couldnt even get a hit in on a boss I'd normally solo.

The dungeon chest thing wasn't an issue I'd encountered even though I'm in pug groups everyone was generally civil to each other. I had to point out chests they had missed :p

• SwampfoxOWLSwampfoxOWL Member Posts: 2

And to those of us that are still unable to play because they wont fix their Launcher i notice there is still no mention of it in the patch notes

Wonders how long it will take before they address that issue

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Sadly no optimization in the patch. After last patch I get some stuttering now. Seems like they won't fix it.

It is bad especially in PvP, when I attack someone my game freezes for 3-4 seconds and is dead when it works again...

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Make sure you close.your launcher. That got.rid of stuttering for me

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    I don't think that the full patch notes are up yet - these are just highlights.  But it does seem as if there are a ton of quest fixes and some encouraging game play balance items.  It's nice when a company takes player feedback seriously.
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by SwampfoxOWL

And to those of us that are still unable to play because they wont fix their Launcher i notice there is still no mention of it in the patch notes

Wonders how long it will take before they address that issue

What launcher issue are you having if I may ask?

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

Sadly no optimization in the patch. After last patch I get some stuttering now. Seems like they won't fix it.

It is bad especially in PvP, when I attack someone my game freezes for 3-4 seconds and is dead when it works again...

What are your graphics settings at, if I may ask? Try cranking things down to minimum and see if you get better performance. ?If so, it could simply be hardware limitations. AvAvA PvP is huge, so I can only imagine how taxing it could be on graphics hardware, even though ESO does seem to be pretty well optimized. Also, what's your Internet connection like? Mine is terrible from time to time and I've had problems just in PvE zones. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 430

"Missing Bank Slots, Stored Bank Items, and Skill Points – We're continuing to investigate the issue, and are working on a fix now. As soon as the fix is ready, we will push it out to the live megaservers. Please note: This may result in a second maintenance this week and when we do push the fix, it will not be retroactive. Know that we want to make this right for all impacted—we’re still exploring options to help those who have stored items/gold, and bank slots go missing."

Thats going to go over like a lead ballon. 1/2 my guild is experiancing this and some of them have taken a pretty heavy hit in items and cash. A second maint would be super after they have extended today's maint until sometime in the evening. Launches are never smooth, but a lot of these issues were brought up in their marketing beta and were never addressed. 

Originally posted by hayes303

"Missing Bank Slots, Stored Bank Items, and Skill Points – We're continuing to investigate the issue, and are working on a fix now. As soon as the fix is ready, we will push it out to the live megaservers. Please note: This may result in a second maintenance this week and when we do push the fix, it will not be retroactive. Know that we want to make this right for all impacted—we’re still exploring options to help those who have stored items/gold, and bank slots go missing."

Thats going to go over like a lead ballon. 1/2 my guild is experiancing this and some of them have taken a pretty heavy hit in items and cash. A second maint would be super after they have extended today's maint until sometime in the evening. Launches are never smooth, but a lot of these issues were brought up in their marketing beta and were never addressed. 

I'd wait for the actual solution before getting angry about what it is. In terms of down time: I'm curious what you expect.  Do you not want them to fix things?  I'd hope for some comp time, but I'd greatly prefer down time + fixes to continuous running + not fixed.

• hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Originally posted by ohioastro

I'd wait for the actual solution before getting angry about what it is. In terms of down time: I'm curious what you expect.  Do you not want them to fix things?  I'd hope for some comp time, but I'd greatly prefer down time + fixes to continuous running + not fixed.

I'm not angry, I'm just commenting on how poorly I believe fixing this banking bug without it being retoractive will go over. 

My expectation is for them to get ahead of the problems in the game. All the downtime they have had in the game in headstart and since has seemed very reactive, as in the game goes to hell and they bring it down for a panic fix and then throw it back up without it being truly sorted. The idea that launches always have to be poorly executed seems to have only taken root now that it is accepted practice for companies to use beta as a marketing tool instead of to test games. 

Bring the servers down for as long as it takes to fix them, but stop with this reactive up down game.

• ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by thunderC
    How long does maintance last this morning ? The Na Megaserver is down... MUST PLAY!

It's going to be awhile.  First they have to fix the issues then they have to fix their fix.  Then once the servers go up they are going to have to bring them down again to fix the fix to their fix.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

I'm not questioning the sincerity or the honesty in your statement. I don't understand how half your guild can be experiencing the "Missing Bank Slots etc. bug. I, myself belong to a couple 500 member trade guilds and there is no talk of this bug in guild chat. I also belong to a couple smaller adventuring guilds and I have not met anyone in game who has come across this bug.

Again I'm not questioning your statement. With your guild having a 50/50 split between having the bank bug or not. There must be something in common that your guild members are doing in game that is causing this very high percentage. I would suggest that your guild could be quite instrumental in solving this bug.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Originally posted by ohioastro

I'm not angry, I'm just commenting on how poorly I believe fixing this banking bug without it being retoractive will go over. 

My expectation is for them to get ahead of the problems in the game. All the downtime they have had in the game in headstart and since has seemed very reactive, as in the game goes to hell and they bring it down for a panic fix and then throw it back up without it being truly sorted. The idea that launches always have to be poorly executed seems to have only taken root now that it is accepted practice for companies to use beta as a marketing tool instead of to test games. 

Bring the servers down for as long as it takes to fix them, but stop with this reactive up down game.

My point was the "no retroactive fix" statement was immediately followed by "and we're exploring alternatives to compensate."  So, for example, if they simply gifted people with what they said they lost, no questions asked, that would be different from no compensation at all or something token.  I'm actually seeing significant fixes, especially to quests, in actual patches.  But it's a fair point that they also had at least one downtime (e.g. Saturday night) that simply appeared to be a database reset.

• venatsvenats Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Cougan

Nice fixes.

The public dungeon thing annoyed the hell out of me as sometimes I couldnt even get a hit in on a boss I'd normally solo.

The dungeon chest thing wasn't an issue I'd encountered even though I'm in pug groups everyone was generally civil to each other. I had to point out chests they had missed :p

Read it again, they haven't fixed anything nor have they told us when they will fix it.

This is PR and nothing more.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Assuming you are on a PC, run the game and try right-clicking ESO.EXE in Task Manager and setting the priority to High.  That fixed the odd stutter for me, and I'm running the game on a pile of junk.

Windows doesn't remember that you changed the priority, but at http://www.prnwatch.com/prio/ you can download a utility that will make it so that the process change will be "saves" each time you run the game.

• safire312safire312 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Can someone pastebin me the whole patch notes?, i cant login/register in forum, THANKS :)
  • venatsvenats Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

Assuming you are on a PC, run the game and try right-clicking ESO.EXE in Task Manager and setting the priority to High.  That fixed the odd stutter for me, and I'm running the game on a pile of junk.

Windows doesn't remember that you changed the priority, but at http://www.prnwatch.com/prio/ you can download a utility that will make it so that the process change will be "saves" each time you run the game.

This can create instabilities in your system though and with the memory leak-like issue when you enter Cyrodil, it can be a complete disaster. It works but it really shouldn't be a necessity to fix the game.

• RorhcRorhc Member UncommonPosts: 115

It will be up soon.

Oh by the way , sorry you died ,bro.

This could end up being very interesting.

• Yoda_CloneYoda_Clone Member Posts: 219

Try this (it has worked for many of us):

Go to /Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/SavedVariables/ and delete (or rename, if you're uncomfortable deleting it) the file ZO_Ingame.lua.

Lua is a scripting language, FWIW.  ZOS is using it for ... "something".

The file is rewritten at the END of each gaming session, and the game runs fine without it (so you don't have to worry about deleting it).  In fact, the game runs MUCH BETTER without it.

I was crashing repeatedly; it got so bad I once crashed thirty seconds into the game.  I saw this "fix" suggested in the official forums, so I tried it.  I haven't crashed since.

My son was having severe stuttering, to the point the game was unplayable.  I had him try it.  The stuttering disappeared.  Note that his FPS drop after the last patch hasn't disappeared, but the stuttering is gone and the game is playable again.

The ZO_Ingame.lua file should be less than 10kb in size; when I first checked on the file after reading the suggestion in the official forums, my file was over 60kb.  After deleting it, playing for several hours, and rechecking it, the file was only 4.6kb.  Whatever the file is being used for, it grows out of control between gaming sessions... and it impacts crashes and stuttering.

Note: With respect to FPS drop, if you've seen that; if you're using Aero, turn it off for your gaming session.  ZOS is using what is known as a FakeFullScreen window for the game, not a true FullScreen application.  A FakeFullScreen is a borderless window dimensioned to the size set up fpr your monitor.  Since it's a Window, Aero affects it...  Some companies use FakeFullScreen because it allows them to have full access to all of the OS functionality, but it comes at the cost of efficiency.  The Windows OS has a shitload of unnecessary overhead...  However, if they were to use a true FullScreen application, there would have been a whole lot of additional coding they would have had to do -- some of it tough coding -- and so far I haven't been impressed with their coding (I suspect all the big bucks went to the MBAs in marketing, not to the techies).

Anyway, give it a try.  Can't hurt.

• Yoda_CloneYoda_Clone Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by Rorhc

It will be up soon.

Unfortunately not.  ZOS' last status update said they were having problems and their pognosis was "early evening"... which probably means tomorrow.

• Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538

If the bank fix isn't retroactive, it will be because they CAN'T fix it retroactively. If they can't find any record of the items you had that you lost, they can't return those items. Of course it will go over poorly because most players have no clue and never stop to think about the technical limitations the devs have to deal with.

How exactly do you expect them to stay ahead of the problems? How are they supposed to fix something before they know it's a problem? The servers haven't been down that much and this has been one of the smoothest launches in MMO history. Your expectations are just way too high. 

• RazankaRazanka Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by Arkade99

If the bank fix isn't retroactive, it will be because they CAN'T fix it retroactively. If they can't find any record of the items you had that you lost, they can't return those items. Of course it will go over poorly because most players have no clue and never stop to think about the technical limitations the devs have to deal with.

How exactly do you expect them to stay ahead of the problems? How are they supposed to fix something before they know it's a problem? The servers haven't been down that much and this has been one of the smoothest launches in MMO history. Your expectations are just way too high. 

This has been far from the smoothest launch ever.

1. Broken Quest stopping players from progressing.

2. Players have lost items, gold, bank space, and skill points due to bugs that should have never occurred in the first place.

3. Gold Spammers are still in full force, spamming chat, mail box, and now guild/group invites with their websites in them.

4. Invisible bots farming crafting nodes. 

5. Some players, like myself, now have multiple copies of our CE items due to bank space bug that for some reason effects the mail system.

6. Groups can not kick a player out of dungeon in order to get a replacement player.

7. Falling through the world.

8. Bugged boss mobs in dungeons

9. The latest patch just broke the launcher completely for a lot players.

The game hasn't even been out a full two weeks yet and putting the gold spam an bots aside the rest of that list should have been fixed and ready to go for launch.