Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Really screwy patch tonight

DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,530Member Uncommon

I patched earlier on another PC just fine.

Now patching on my main gaming PC - the patch won't even DOWNLOAD.

Tried closing down the launcher, running as administrator - just sits at initializing - if I try to log in - it fails (because it's not patched).

So I go to official forums - sure enough lots of folks are having the same issue:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/79601/log-in-timed-out

So I tried all the steps suggested - nothing, it won't patch.

Running it as Administrator - nothing.

So I just close it and try it again - I go to options - click "check for updates" (as I've done previously) - now it says "cannot patch, update in progress"

Really?

I wait - it errors out - another Repair option - I SKIP the repair, close the launcher and go back in

And now it's patched!

Why is patching so borked???

oh but it's not over - get this

The game is fully patched - I log in - and I get "your account is not entitled to play Elder Scrolls Online" - WTF??? 

I try again and now I'm in.

Seriously - what the HELL is going on?

Comments

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Mesa, AZPosts: 1,090Member
    I read the thread title, and before I even clicked on the thread, I knew who posted it.   Seriously, you've got the worst luck.  I had zero issues with it.  Nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever.  
  • DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,530Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    I read the thread title, and before I even clicked on the thread, I knew who posted it.  

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/79528/error-209-after-patch

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/79601/log-in-timed-out

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/79865/login-timeout

It's happening to a ton of folks - I spent 30min trying to just PATCH the damn game.

When was the last time you had issued with launcher refusing to patch?

I can't even remember, sorry.

I logged right in with zero issues.  Hell, if anything, it logged me in quicker tonight than it has in past days.  
  • prowessprowess st louis, MOPosts: 164Member

this is what happens when a company amalgamates a bunch of 3rd party engines and tools into one project...

I chose the Xfinity speed test because it does not reveal my ISP.

I logged right in with zero issues.  Hell, if anything, it logged me in quicker tonight than it has in past days.  

Worked fine for me as well - on my non-gaming PC, but an hour later - it just wouldn't work.

Seriously, something got broken badly with the patcher.

• RazankaRazanka St. Louis, MOPosts: 65Member Uncommon
    I just got home from work and tried to update and my launcher won't do it.
    Hmmm I logged off a couple of times just to see and had no issues logging back in.  I don't know.  
    Hmmm I logged off a couple of times just to see and had no issues logging back in.  I don't know.  

Because you're already patched -  the reason why people are getting login errors because they never get the patch and you can't log in with the old client.

Since you're already patched you will never see this error.

Again the issue currently is getting the launcher to *download* the patch  - it's acting as if there is no patch at all, and when you try to log in (unpatched) - you get timeout errors.

• DalanonDalanon Warren, OHPosts: 124Member
    First it wouldn't let me log in.  It said it had to repair, so I let it do that which took about 10 mins.  Once that was done it let me log in.  I played a couple hours, but when I logged out.  The play button was gone off the patcher and it said it had to repair again.  Not sure what's going on.

Not all who wander are lost...

• asmkm22asmkm22 Anchorage, AKPosts: 1,788Member
    General instability, and the sheer lack of communication from ZOS is partly why I got a refund.  I think I'd much rather wait for them to sort some things out first.  Especially when their CM team can't even seem to acknowledge problems in the first place.

You make me like charity

• TiconzTiconz Chantilly, VAPosts: 119Member
    Yeah.. same thing happened to my girlfriend, DMKano.  It told her that her patched failed and that she had to contact CS and use the diagnostics..... she reloaded the game and it failed again... then tried a third time and it was perfectly fine.

• udonudon Durham, NCPosts: 1,767Member Uncommon

Looking in the Host.developer.0.log file under the launcher directory it gave errors opening the files in the enimax OnlineLauncherProgramData directory so I renamed the directory and reran the launcher and I am in.

Hope this helps someone else.

• Juice2000Juice2000 weymouthPosts: 92Member
    We had the same issue on the european servers the patch before last, it took them a good few hours to fix it.
    Originally posted by DMKano

Because you're already patched -  the reason why people are getting login errors because they never get the patch and you can't log in with the old client.

Since you're already patched you will never see this error.

Again the issue currently is getting the launcher to *download* the patch  - it's acting as if there is no patch at all, and when you try to log in (unpatched) - you get timeout errors.

Nope, I wasn't patched at all, apparently.  It let me log in the first 2-3 times with no issues, but I guess nothing patched either.  After logging out a couple of times and logging back in, I then got that error message about not having the current version.  Clicked on the link to repair, and then it repaired me, patched me, and I'm in now.  Weird that it let me log in the first couple of times before patching.

• MalathoosMalathoos akron, OHPosts: 53Member Uncommon

You need to go to settings on the launcher and validate your client

Use the game consultant 

• asmkm22asmkm22 Anchorage, AKPosts: 1,788Member

Oh, and try deleting the folder "_databuild" under your depot folder where ESO is installed.  Then repatch.

If that doesn't work, try going to the install folder, and launching "eso.exe" directly (bypassing the launcher).  Once that opens, close the game and open the launcher back up.

You make me like charity

• MardukkMardukk Posts: 1,556Member Uncommon
    I'm getting log in timeout unable to connect to the server.  I didn't ask for a refund hoping that one day it will be buy to play so I can log in a couple times a month.  I'm cool with errors and bugs not so cool with typical themepark quest grinding design.
  • thunderCthunderC miami flPosts: 470Member Uncommon
    I read the thread title, and before I even clicked on the thread, I knew who posted it.   Seriously, you've got the worst luck.  I had zero issues with it.  Nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever.  

lmao, Lets recap. He got the bank glitch, fell through the world glitch 3 times lol, he had the log in glitch were he was stuck on the loading screen, 7 hard crashes in 30 minutes glitch (didnt even know this one existed lol....something called a roll back bug (Personally i think he made this one up lmao),,, I could probably find more but searching through the rest of his posts is boring me....

other than a few broken quests i have not expieranced any of this nonsense, 32 hours played

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Phoenix, AZPosts: 2,690Member Uncommon

Apparently the launcher itself is just completely fucked and doing something weird like looking for an incorrect version. I looked around and tried several fixes, including 1 which some of the ZOS staff themselves said will "definitely" fix these 209 errors....nothing worked. All o fthe fixes they post also appear to only be temporary, until you log out then get the errors again.

But if you just go into your ESO folder > Game > Client, and run te ESO application (which is the client itself, bypassing the launcher which is causing the errors) the game should launch fine. Just got in game myself this way.

Originally posted by thunderC

lmao, Lets recap. He got the bank glitch, fell through the world glitch 3 times lol, he had the log in glitch were he was stuck on the loading screen, 7 hard crashes in 30 minutes glitch (didnt even know this one existed lol....something called a roll back bug (Personally i think he made this one up lmao),,, I could probably find more but searching through the rest of his posts is boring me....

other than a few broken quests i have not expieranced any of this nonsense, 32 hours played

Haha, he does have the worst luck ever.  I will cut him some slack on this particular issue, though.  It seems I did have a hiccup with it as well.  Took me all of two minutes to fix it by repairing, but yeah, it did happen to me...kinda... as well.

• udonudon Durham, NCPosts: 1,767Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

Apparently the launcher itself is just completely fucked and doing something weird like looking for an incorrect version. I looked around and tried several fixes, including 1 which some of the ZOS staff themselves said will "definitely" fix these 209 errors....nothing worked. All o fthe fixes they post also appear to only be temporary, until you log out then get the errors again.

But if you just go into your ESO folder > Game > Client, and run te ESO application (which is the client itself, bypassing the launcher which is causing the errors) the game should launch fine. Just got in game myself this way.

Did you try the fix I mentioned in my last post?

• PulsarManPulsarMan Tampa, FLPosts: 289Member

Just sharing my results. Just opened the launcher at 11pm est. Patched, and I'm in. 

The only odd thing I noticed was the progress bar going way off of the actual launcher. I ULTRA PATCHED. 

• darker70darker70 stokePosts: 813Member
    Just saw the OP's post seems he's having a few gremlins running rampant on his rig lately,I just patched and in under 10 mins flat now logged to on the EU server. image

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Chicago, ILPosts: 1,509Member Uncommon
    My launcher is screwed too.  I'm running the game straight from the eso.exe file.

"Change is the only constant."

Originally posted by thunderC

Never had the bank glitch - 3 crafters in my guild DID have have it.

Fell through the world - yes happened to me 5 times now

Rollback - yes - happened to everyone in the zone (this was early access) - made up??? 

WTF man? - Rollback is real... get a grip

I have 130 hours played - that's 100 more than you, yes I ran into more issues. Give it time - it will happen

Also the higher level zones are a LOT more buggy than lower level zones.

What about other people in this thread - they are making crap up?

What about official forums?

Hmm???

Please....