Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Price of ESO has gone down

jimmy123jimmy123 Member UncommonPosts: 314

I noticed that the price of ESO had gone down by 20 pounds when i popped into a game shop in town.

I played a few hours in beta but dced alot, didnt bother pre ordering thought id wait a while see how things panned out.

Seems to me not that good if the price has dropped so soon after release.

I had high hopes for this game but when playing in beta seemed that the game needed alot of work before due date.

Comments

• ViadricViadric Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by jimmy123

I noticed that the price of ESO had gone down by 20 pounds when i popped into a game shop in town.

I played a few hours in beta but dced alot, didnt bother pre ordering thought id wait a while see how things panned out.

Seems to me not that good if the price has dropped so soon after release.

I had high hopes for this game but when playing in beta seemed that the game needed alot of work before due date.

so it's $40 now? 

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,100
    I want a photo or it didn't happen. I am calling BS or you are mistaken.
  • VendakuVendaku Member Posts: 77
    Seems a bit premature for this to happen.
  • PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Originally posted by madazz

It was 44 dollars on some thread in SlickDeals just a few days ago, I'm sure i saw it for 37 elsewhere, get off your high horse and realize the game is going to drop a great deal further before this is all over, no one on these forums is required to prove anything to you. You have Google, go use it.

As a matter of fact you could have picked up the 3 for 2 deal at Target, where the lowest game is free if you happened to be in the market for more than one game, so say 60 dollars for two games you could have picked up all three for 40 dollars, thus paying 40 US dollars for ESO.

• jimmy123jimmy123 Member UncommonPosts: 314
    was 39.99 went in the game shop last sunday was now 20 pounds 60 days playtime
  • gmaba01gmaba01 Member Posts: 21

I hope this is really true.

Things are winding down at work and I expect to have more time to play games next month. If I can get a deal for $20-30 USD, I'd buy it straightaway and spend the whole of May on ESO. image

• ViadricViadric Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by gmaba01

I hope this is really true.

Things are winding down at work and I expect to have more time to play games next work. If I can get a deal for $20-30 USD, I'd buy it straightaway and spend the whole of June on ESO. image

$30 seems about right for this game not $60. 

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Zarbyte
    Seems a bit premature for this to happen.

Really? Personaly think it's better if they drop the price. I bought the game pre-order normal digital edition and truly enjoying the game.

I'd say with a price drop more people "might" be able to buy/enjoy the game or atleast are given less "risk" (money spend) to atleast give it a try.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    This is 100% normal. They skew sales on purpose so that people have a constant flow of new players online and the population doesn't drop so much after the first month like every MMORPG does. You could actually buy the game for less than 60 on Green Man Gaming two days after it came out, a friend got it for me for 48 dollars. I also heard you could get it on sale before the launch as well. But I think it's pretty damn normal for MMO's to go on sale within the first couple of weeks.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Not really BS. The MediaMarkt in Alkmaar (Netherlands) is selling ESO for €45 as standard retail price. Okay, they're a price-buster shop, but still, it's €10 cheaper than any other shop in The Netherlands. Also saw that the pre-paid time cards are €3 cheaper than other shops...

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534

There were pre-launch specials that I saw at the same price.  What's the issue?  The incentives for a subscription game are different from those for a single player game with a fixed box cost; the latter usually waits for much longer to get discounts.

Edit: I was referring to 48 dollar purchase, not 60 days of play plus 20 pounds. That sounds fishy.

Still calling BS. What is the shops name/city? 

Because it would be the first time I have ever seen a AAA MMO drop their price by over $20.00 AND add an extra 30 days on top of the 30 already included, in the first few weeks of release.

Total BS guys. I guarantee it. I can't find this 60 day package ANYWHERE online.

Originally posted by Reizla

Not really BS. The MediaMarkt in Alkmaar (Netherlands) is selling ESO for €45 as standard retail price. Okay, they're a price-buster shop, but still, it's €10 cheaper than any other shop in The Netherlands. Also saw that the pre-paid time cards are €3 cheaper than other shops...

OP is stating that the game is twice the discount you have stated, and includes an extra 30 days on top of the 30 already included. The game hasn't even been out a month yet. I call total BS.

• jimmy123jimmy123 Member UncommonPosts: 314

Still calling BS. What is the shops name/city? 

Because it would be the first time I have ever seen a AAA MMO drop their price by over $20.00 AND add an extra 30 days on top of the 30 already included, in the first few weeks of release.

Total BS guys. I guarantee it. I can't find this 60 day package ANYWHERE online.

The shop was GAME in the uk town called Redditch i looked it up online but doesnt stat the deal you will have to call um 0871 5940066

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885

This is good was waiting for price to drop before buying. Shall go search now .

• RoshaRosha Member UncommonPosts: 29

Are you sure? That sounds like a game card, not the game.

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by Rosha

Are you sure? That sounds like a game card, not the game.

So obvious...

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    yeaaa soon f2p
  • safire312safire312 Member UncommonPosts: 26

Completly normal price drop for P2P game... 

BTW : http://www.kinguin.net/category/5371/the-elder-scrolls-online-30-days/ 27Euro, bought 30min ago.

Nice find safire hmm should I wait a week more it may drop further. Direct2play has it at 41 US but I cannot get to the site for some reason.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

saw it for € 34.90 plus 60 days gametime card in a special offer in my local store

similiar offer here in Pound (28.99£)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CO-055-OK&campaign=pcm/skinflint-couk&campaign=pcm/skinflint-couk

Originally posted by DocBrody

Originally posted by jimmy123 was 39.99 went in the game shop last sunday was now 20 pounds 60 days playtime
    saw it for € 34.90 plus 60 days gametime card in a special offer in my local store

Where doc ? Please I am keen on buying such a great deal. You do not happen to live in Rome do you ?

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by kitarad

Originally posted by DocBrody

Originally posted by jimmy123 was 39.99 went in the game shop last sunday was now 20 pounds 60 days playtime

Where doc ? Please I am keen on buying such a great deal. You do not happen to live in Rome do you ?

not Rome unfortunately but how about ebay? Just lacking 30 days but a cheap base price

http://www.ebay.de/itm/The-Elder-Scrolls-Online-Key-TESO-Game-Vollversion-Download-Code-PC-DE-EU-/400689218086?pt=DE_PC_Videospiele&hash=item5d4af04226

they got it for €33.29 with 30 days

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    I'll just wait until they add a F2P option.