Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have to say ZOS is failing for me...

HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
If they do not get out there and actively look at these public dungeons and other hot spots and get rid of these bots...I have to say they have failed.  While I was going to resub I do not think I can till they show that my sub is actually going to pay for something.  Right now first impression is that ZOS does not give a crap.  Public dungeons are full of ffttyh, dvvee, ddsee, Gdsfsdf, and Bhuut just spamming attacks on the boss spawn points.  It would take about 15 GM's 20 minutes every few hours to keep this issue down.

Comments

• Yoda_CloneYoda_Clone Member Posts: 219

I suspect that, with all the bugs; some of them major; bots and gold sellers are very much secondary issues right now.  Fanbois and shills can gloss over the problems with this game or pretend they don't exist, but go to the official forums and look at their list of acknowledged problems... then multiply that by ten and that's probably the number of problems ZOS hasn't acknowledged yet.

The game wasn't ready for prime time.  By releasing it early, they probably shot themselves in the foot, too.  There'll be some management types losing their jobs over this mess.

• ViadricViadric Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by Yoda_Clone

I suspect that, with all the bugs; some of them major; bots and gold sellers are very much secondary issues right now.  Fanbois and shills can gloss over the problems with this game or pretend they don't exist, but go to the official forums and look at their list of acknowledged problems... then multiply that by ten and that's probably the number of problems ZOS hasn't acknowledged yet.

The game wasn't ready for prime time.  By releasing it early, they probably shot themselves in the foot, too.  There'll be some management types losing their jobs over this mess.

By the time the issues do get fixed everyone will move on to the next big mmo because they didn't fix them on time. The cycle continues. 

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Sorry, I haven't seen too much of this and no one in the two guilds I'm in have been discussing, so I don't see this as a huge problem. In fact the gold spammers have died down considerably in just a couple of weeks. I subbed for the 180 days cuz I'm pretty confident I won't be moving to another MMO anytime soon. One of my friends yesterday morning just played played this as her first PC game and MMO and she was hooked even if she didn't understand most of it. I think you are overdramatizing all of this.

There Is Always Hope!

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451

I have to honestly ask why is anyone who plays MMOs complaining at this point in the life of the industry? This MMO, in addition to mimicking content and structure from passed MMOs, has also held true to form in releasing a game with bugs and exploits.

If you're surprised by this, it must be your first MMO?

It's one of the reasons I will never buy or play another MMO at launch. I will wait 6 to 12 months, then perhaps check it out. Goes for any MMO these days. Early adopters can pay for beta play. I'll wait. I'm patient. 

• ZeddakisZeddakis Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Originally posted by keithian
    Sorry, I haven't seen too much of this and no one in the two guilds I'm in have been discussing, so I don't see this as a huge problem. In fact the gold spammers have died down considerably in just a couple of weeks. I subbed for the 180 days cuz I'm pretty confident I won't be moving to another MMO anytime soon. One of my friends yesterday morning just played played this as her first PC game and MMO and she was hooked even if she didn't understand most of it. I think you are overdramatizing all of this.

I'd actually be concerned if gold spammers had noticeably slowed down this quickly. You would think a new game would have a high demand for a while. 

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

Man, the game started out so great and smooth (early access people)....

Now the gold spammers are all over the place, the game is crashing, the bugs are more obvious, banking is slow and not always working, were losing bank slots, and there is laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

I take back what I have said in previous posts... I thought things were going well....

I WAS WRONG.

I'm not a hater, but I am worried. Sometimes the game is unplayable, like this last Friday and Saturday! I'm thinking I may have to come back after 3 mos. to see if things have gotten better!

They released this game too soon.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• KhondorKhondor Member UncommonPosts: 51
    The game's not even been out for two weeks and the sky is falling already?
  • kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Originally posted by Khondor

Welcome to MMORPG.com. The home of people who hate MMOS and their players....

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    No the sky is not falling. Every popular MMO gets hit with gold seller spam...after the low level areas this dies off BTW. The bots don't bother me because as long as I tag the boss I get credit, my loot and I move on....who cares it has no effect on me. Sure I want them banned because it's not right...but I have been dealing with bottlers in MMOs since 2003....it's nothing new...... It's not that bad compared to other games....not with the tagging system.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611

Its progressing like most of us said.

I thought it would LAUNCH (as in the first 4 or 5 days) fairly well, they had a few hundred overflow servers I would imagine so if you could log into the world you should have been OK for awhile.

BUT, and another big but with this game, what happens is it deteriorates over time and it becomes unplayable.

Then they take it down for a 'fix' or a restart and it comes back with the same issues it had before it went down. Or it starts new issues.

The irony is the vocal minority in these games are usaully the guys criticizing it. But with this game its totally the opposite. While there are plenty of complainers and critics, there is a very vocal albeit tiny faction who says the game is perfect and doesnt need to change anything, and they and all their guildmates havent seen a single issue. But anyone with eyes and a brain knows these are lies. While critics and complainers can sometime embellish a little bit not many outright lie and if they do they get called on it, even by other critics.

Seriously I have been involved in and around every launch for the past 10 years of all major and a lot of mid major titles. This one is getting the worst reception I can remember. And most, if not all the concerns are legit and verifiable, and most dont even involve opinions of gameplay or what decisions were made and why. They all pretty much involved things that are actually broken or dont work with the game. Which makes it even worse. But BECAUSE there are so many broken things the gameplay issues are not getting bashed.

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260
     I must be fortunate because I've ran into little bugs. Most annoying one is I hear NPC's talking that I know I should hear. Occasional crash and the odd broken quest but that's all for me. 
  • PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by Drakephire

I have to honestly ask why is anyone who plays MMOs complaining at this point in the life of the industry? This MMO, in addition to mimicking content and structure from passed MMOs, has also held true to form in releasing a game with bugs and exploits.

It's one of the reasons I will never buy or play another MMO at launch. I will wait 6 to 12 months, then perhaps check it out. Goes for any MMO these days. Early adopters can pay for beta play. I'll wait. I'm patient. 

True true,exactly what im doing,waiting when the game is ready for release and not joining their paid beta but.

It is NOT some free to play AAA MMO like we have seen released in the past years,everything dumbed down to the max and companys running their products in cheapest ways possible.

I only need to visit TESO forums just to find out that there really isnt any services in game,they seem to run their game like any other f2p company and its pretty far from AAA.

I am spoiled with AAA services from other games where I the customer can spawn GMs for example.

Theres free to play games which have live support in game.

i dont even list what private servers have,todays AAAAAAAA games,it seems :/ .

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by kakasaki

+1

• BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by Tokken

Now the gold spammers are all over the place, the game is crashing, the bugs are more obvious, banking is slow and not always working, were losing bank slots, and there is laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

I take back what I have said in previous posts... I thought things were going well....

I WAS WRONG.

I'm not a hater, but I am worried. Sometimes the game is unplayable, like this last Friday and Saturday! I'm thinking I may have to come back after 3 mos. to see if things have gotten better!

Wow...your post history would seem to indicate you being one of the quickest fanboys to issue the

"I call BS, you don't even own the game, TROLL"

at even the slightest complaint, when people having been saying exactly what you are now saying....

How the worm has turned......

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by STYNKFYST

+1

+2

Best MMO I've played since pre-NGE SWG !

It's a WEEK after launch, and ZOS have not fixed all the bugs, banned all the goldsellers (and somehow prevented them returning) and ensured that all players have silky-smooth game play. Clearly this is just as unacceptable as every other MMO launch in the history of the genre !

• BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222

Welcome to MMORPG.com. The home of people who's expectations around service, game design and quality of implementation have not changed since 2004.

• Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247

They are working on it i sent in 100's of reports on gold seller spam looks like they banned quite alot of players.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/74534/taking-action-against-cheaters-in-eso

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Originally posted by Tokken

I WAS WRONG.

I agree with most of your points. As to bein released too soon, every MMO I have played has been released too soon.

Dont really see gold spam, I have an addon to block most of it. Im hating the guild invites to gold seller guilds tho. They seem to have my @name!

I think the game IS on track. They have fixed many bugs, gotten rid of some of the gold spammer and bots.

Its a work in progress.

• MyownGodMyownGod Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by Drakephire

Bro... bro... you need to realize that this game is a triple A title? A single mistake should have not been made, when it comes to business, there is such thing as reputation, and by having one tiny mistake could ruin their rep *slightly* and they don't want that. See that error? that is why people complains and yes probably for some of them it is their first MMO just because its "title", so please welcome them warmly.

• Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247

I remember Fallout, elder scrolls,skyrim on ps3 crashing my console what do you expect from zenimax just look at the current huge game breaking bugs 30% of player base lost bank slots,bag slots, inventory and gear ,skill points also some players after passing the prophet and failing cannot advance in the main quest that bug is still there.

I have lost bank slots and the items in them myself also i can't advance in main storyline quest so yea i am not happy this should not have happened on a released game that is what beta and test servers are for and QA testing.

• ErdaErda Member UncommonPosts: 211

The dungeon boss farming is pretty ludicrous and I sent feedback early on in the game.   Just  getting in there to get credit for a quest or the dungeon can be challenging.  Hubby and I went to some dungeon that had a great big spider in it for the final boss and there must of been 15 players standing there.  The thing was dead within a second.   I'm glad that they are putting timers on the bosses.  Hopefully it will get gold farmers and such out of there.   Every public dungeon seems to have this problem.

I'm having some other issues with the game like losing my purchased bank slots and god know what I lost from my inventory.  Hopefully they get this all sorted out and get our bank slots reinstated.   Things have been pretty shaky lately but I'm optimistic that things will get fixed.  The patch notes seem to address many of the problems and what players have been griping about.

• TimzillaTimzilla Member UncommonPosts: 437
    Just saw the patch notes. Careful what you ask for, and welcome back op.
  • NecropsieNecropsie Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by BetaBlocka

Welcome to MMORPG.com. The home of people who's expectations around service, game design and quality of implementation have not changed since 2004.

Welcome to MMORPG.com. The home of people who's expectations around service, game design and quality of implementation have not changed since 2004 and still says "WoW was bad too when it first launched". Yeah. A game launched nearly 10 years ago was bad at launch too. We were still using Internet Explorer as a browser back in those days, ah the nostalgia..

Stages of a new mmo: 1) It's just beta. It still has plenty of time before release. 2) It just launched. Give it time. WoW wasn't built in a day. 3) We don't need you anyway. 4) F2P announced. 5)Huge influx of players. 6) Look how much has changed. 7) Cash shop is the only thing developed lately. 8) It has been a long journey and we thank everyone who was part of it. Shutting down in 3 months. (Courtesy of Robokapp.)

• NephelaiNephelai Member UncommonPosts: 185
    I don't see any bots at bosses in public dungeons what I see is lots of regular players farming items for deconstruction and a few people with snail reaction times having a teary. Blame the over grindy professions system with no auction house, because putting in shit like that steers players in directions of least resistance. 
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Necropsie
    Originally posted by BetaBlocka

Welcome to MMORPG.com. The home of people who's expectations around service, game design and quality of implementation have not changed since 2004 and still says "WoW was bad too when it first launched". Yeah. A game launched nearly 10 years ago was bad at launch too. We were still using Internet Explorer as a browser back in those days, ah the nostalgia..

Who isn't using Internet Explorer? 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------