Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Helping find a F2P MMO for me and my friends...

Narnia124Narnia124 Member CommonPosts: 11
I have a group of 7 friends, and we're looking for an MMO to play extensively together. Normally we're in Raidcall just playing a bunch of different games and I know it gets boring for us... I also feel it will be a bonding experience for all of us. The thing that makes it hard is:

One of us is a WoW-head, One of us is a MOBA addict, One of us is a Military Sim addict, One of us is a Runescape addict, And I'm a Maplestory addict.

If anyone could help find an MMO for us to play, I'd be grateful. Try to keep in mind, we'd like an MMO where we can party up all at once. ie. Not like Vindictus where max party is 4 people, so we'd have to split up. I'd like for all of us to be able to play together.

Comments

• PatsilverPatsilver Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I'm playing Rift and having a lot of fun.
  • Narnia124Narnia124 Member CommonPosts: 11
    Originally posted by Patsilver
    I'm playing Rift and having a lot of fun.

Rift's max party size is 5 x.x

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620
    If it doesn't have to be an RPG, try Planetside 2
  • Narnia124Narnia124 Member CommonPosts: 11
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    eve max party size is 256.

Eve is P2P :/ Only two of us can afford P2P or Subscription games

• kimahriskimahris Member Posts: 55
    Ive enjoyed path of exile for quite a while. It deserve a try at the least.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Narnia124
    If anyone could help find an MMO for us to play, I'd be grateful. Try to keep in mind, we'd like an MMO where we can party up all at once. ie. Not like Vindictus where max party is 4 people, so we'd have to split up. I'd like for all of us to be able to play together.

LotRO maybe? 24 is the limit in one raid, and it will only split up in the number-specified instances (for example GA has two 3-man and one 6-man instance, you can't go in there with 7 peeps in the group).

True, it can be a bit grindy for an "absolute free to play" approach (still, it's possible, an organised, communicating 7folks group could farm TPs in an accelerated speed for sure :) ), much better way is with an at least 1month sub if you plan to stay longer.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    dude, Age of Conan hands down
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    AoC isn't 6-man only on the field? I'm not sure, I used to group up with 2 or 3 tops. AoC has my favourite dungeons, but those are strictly 6-man.
  • SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    Still, Rift.  You can travel around in a public party, do quests, Rifts, etc.  You guys could form a guild and accomplish a lot together, or join an active guild and get into raiding together, etc.  Rift is one of the absolute best FTP values in MMORPG gaming right now, hands down.  Highly recommend it.
  • ViadricViadric Member Posts: 151
    Man Rift puts me to sleep though. It feels so generic compared to WOW. I guess it's because it tried to be WOW.  It's not a bad game though it's pretty much WOW F2P if you guys don't have the money for the sub. 
  • handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322
    wait for the repopulation.