Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honest review from lvl50 VR6

Comments

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Originally posted by Waylark

I just want to share my experience so far at TESO. I'm already level 50 and veteran lvl 6, please don't think there is a huge difference at VR10, there is not.

GFX, Production level & Perfomance

This must be the most powerfull MMO in terms of GOOD graphics and awesome perfomance. I mean, when you're playing along 100 people on your side, you know you're in a well optimized game so far.  I can't say the same about design art, really. There's an impressive areas, with very good use of lighting and such effects, but in terms of artistic design, the game is pretty boring and unvaried.

The world seems static, nothing really moves, nothing is alive. NPCs are boring, acting like robots, I mean obviously they don't have life, but it lacks personality. Sincerely I don't care about their lives and his problems.

There are really impressive things like Dark Anchors, but after seeing them for 4 or 5 times, fail to impress me. They are all the same except for the enemies you find... but there are not many variety If have to tell you.

Disagree. There is plenty of good looking scenery and what not. However, when it came to solo dungeons and public dungeons, some designs were clearly reused quite often. The world didn't feel at all that static to me. NPCs were talking among themselves, some were wandering around. I've even seen mobs that I'm sneaking up on talk to each other. 

Leveling & VR content

Leveling is really fun when you touch it for the first time, so far the first zone, then you get to the second and it's exactly the same, then the third and the fourth straight lose interest except for the main quest. 

All areas are equal: minizones with quest hubs that are only 2 or 3 chain quests that direct you to another minizone. Around them there public dungeons, skyshards and bosses for 3 or 4 people, nothing relevant or exciting after having done for 10 times.

And that's another annoying thing, in terms of replayability the game does not offer so much. Oh yeah, now you're 50 and have to climb 10 veteran levels, but they feels like another extra 10 levels more but demanding more experience per level, they are not anything special and you not feel more powerful with them.

Veteran content just consist on playing "new areas" without the main quest missions or guild missions, ie, the best quests. It's like you're just playing the boring parts of the game. Sorry to saying, but main quest and guild quests are very well done it, but the rest are just a meh.

Disagree. There are a variety of quest stories that are pretty interesting. Every now and then I'd run into a somewhat boring one, but overall the quests have been interesting. This includes the quests I've encountered in the veteran zones, aka, the Daggerfall Covenant and Aldmeri Dominion zones. Anyways, I read every quest. 

Dungeons

Some of them are extremely short, which is not a bad thing, but they are not anything special. Many of them feels like filler content. A small area with 3 or 4 bosses super-easy to do. I do not understand why people claims that they are hard or rewarding... I'm doing Veteran dungeons with my group of friends, and are really EASY to do. Please, even the first dungeon in Wildstar is 10 times more difficult than this.

About the rewards, oh boy, the design is moving actually in the wrong way. What a complete mess, the loot have to be obtained by chests, because bosses usually drops nothing but trash. It's quite normal to finish the dungeon without any item, I meant gear items. 

The problem with chests is that anyone can open them, but who design this system? It's horrible to play with pugs, really.

Disagree. The veteran dungeons vary in difficulty. For example, a dungeon could have 4 bosses, 3 of them could be incredibly easy, while 1 rather difficult. Difficulty can randomly spike in those dungeons even on simple trash pulls. The dungeons can be even more difficult if you're not one to pay attention to boss mechanics. It makes me question if you actually did any veteran dungeons. 

PVP

I will not say much else about that PVP, since I'm not a fan of this kind of PVP. Do not understand how people like to play with groups of 100 people, destroying people on the road that has no choice and conquering holdings while one group and another fight from a distance, and no one dares to approach because they die. (insta-die)

For me it is boring, but I have to admit that sieges looks technically impressive, are a joy to watch. But in terms of fun, not my cup of tea. Yeah I know you can carry a small group to roam, but it's not so much better. YEP, I'm more an Arenas, BGs and open world PVP, but not that "open world pvp".

Nothing to say, respect for those who like, really, just not designed for me.

Basically, if you enjoy siege type open world style pvp, then you'll enjoy the pvp in ESO. Otherwise, you'll probably dislike it. 

UI & Guild Stores

This should probably be the worst UI I've seen in a long time, I mean, why if something works well, you change it to be tedious and uncomfortable? There are things that are really annoying, ugly menus and uncomfortable to use it, like inventory system, so much skyrim alike... not works well for a MMO. Don't trying to tell me is "different", it's not, just a poor UI design.

About the Guild Stores, oh boy, I remember when they announced that game would not allow auction houses like others MMO, what a false statement. Actually there are auction houses that are designed only for clans, and each clan can only allow a maximum of 500 players.

There is no search engine for the AH, it's just horrible. You put "mats" and let you out, you can not even organize them.

Agreed. The UI is very lacking and uninformative. There were addons that helped in this regard, but their functions are quite limited due to the locked down API. To be honest, as I've played through game, I think they locked down the API to hide a slew of character related bugs in the game. Also because the UI was designed with a focus on consoles you have limited amount of active skills, and inventory management is very annoying. The guild stores are horrendous... the filtering options don't work. I personally feel it was a lazy way of avoiding an auction house implementation. On top of that item sorting in across the bored is terrible. 

BUGS

Finally my favorite section. Yes, there are bunch of people who saying that have not been experienced any bug, the game is 10, good for them, but for the rest of us we have experienced a huge amount of bugs.

Stop summoning your mount, floor breaking and absorb your character to infinity and beyond, NPC disappeare and never come back, NPC that stop working, quest items that become non-interactive,quest bugged missions that break your progress (and there are people who can not climb veteran levels for a week because ZeniMax has not fixed yet), graphic effects that stay permanent in your character, items that disappear from your inventory and rollbacks that randomly affect a group of people and returns them to 20 minutes in the past.

And this is only a small of them, trust me. Me and friends of mine, such people around the game experienced more than that.

This game is far from be "release candidate", there are too uncomfortable problems, and it's very sad to see how other games in recent years have come out in a much better way. Well polished, something that TESO lacks a lot.

Agreed. A rather large quantity of bugs. I feel that something must have been rushing them. There have been a few bugs that have honestly made me alt f4 the game and do something else. 

High End Content

Disappointing. Everything is based on up to 50 and then up 10 plus extra levels do not really add anything new. Content is nonexistent, set up with gear and go throght Cyrodiil. PVE is nothing but adventure zones, and they are not in the game atm. So you do nothing but pvp.

No more to say, really. Content is not exist atm as well, is more of the same without a purpose or goal, just like GW2 but with vertical advance. Yup, there is a carrot, but a bad one.

After veteran zones, not much to do aside from farm/craft gear, run veteran dungeons, or PvP. Next month craglorn will be added though I question their reasoning for raising the veteran level cap for it. 

Finals words

I don't understand the hype for this game, it seems mediocre at best. I sincerely believe that as today there are better games to play on the market or most interesting and not too distant future release.

Yep, you gonna burn me out, but truste me when I say I'm not a hater. if I'm a one of them then I dropped this game long before. I taking some fun, but I will droped as soon as Wildstar set down in the store.

Please respect my points, jus't dont come and say: Go back to WoW, go back to something, "can I have your stuff?". Please be mature. 

I don't understand your love of Wildstar. It's a game I feel that should've been released years ago. Anyways, ESO tries to be an MMO, but it's lacking much in the ways of an MMO. They would've been far better off making it a 4 person cooperative game of some sort with full api support. That way, serious bugs can be fixed by the community, and also content can be generated by the community as well. I don't see myself playing beyond the included month. I'm currently a nightblade, VR 5. I work full-time, and have a family, so please spare me the no-life comments. I have this thing called vacation time. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572

I pretty much disagree with everything except the fact the world is so static. It's definately its major flaw, alongside the sometimes annoying loot system. If you hate reading and lore you will hate this game. If you love that and are a Elder Scrolls fan you will find it on par with the single player games. 

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

so you rush to end game and find nothing at all to do except pvp? hmmm why does this sound familiar. Oh yeah its the power gamers argument that happens in every single new release. Not trying to be a jerk man but seriously you should of known this would happen. Give them a few patches to catch up content for end game and iron out the bugs it happens. I remember running heroics in rift as I power gamed and was one of the first 50 warriors on my server. We would get pissed off because of all the bugs with fears pushing us through walls and floors and not being able to complete dungeons. 

When you rush to end game in newer mmorpgs do not expect to see a completed game as I cannot think of any game thats modern that released with a real end game. Come back in 3 or 4 months and watch how much has changed. The modern mmorpg is far from complete nor has really any mmo Ive played at release. Go look at old games like EQ and DAOC even they had limited end games on release but just took you forever to even get there. I respect your opinion but you should of known this sort of thing would be like this , its always like this with all games.

• Sajman01Sajman01 Member Posts: 204
    Honest review from a lvl 9 with 5 days played:

Still loving it.
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by thunderC

Interesting how much the OP played considering he really didnt care much for the game lol. I mean how does one invest the time (without hacks) to reach lvl 50 vr6 lmao in 2 weeks all the while not really enjoying the game ????

Did this cross anyone else's mind ?? I mean its not like the OP is a paid journalist who reviews games for a living..... So would anyone invest all that time in something they really were not enjoying .... something doesnt smell right here....

One doesn't really need to care for a game to invest time in it. Not everyone gets emotionally attached to MMOS.

I have played several MMOS just because i had nothing better to do. In the end did i care? nope. But yeah i did pass my boring time.

And as usual you had nothing to say on the actual content of the review. All the fans are more interested in discussing Op than what he wrote.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Interesting how much the OP played considering he really didnt care much for the game lol. I mean how does one invest the time (without hacks) to reach lvl 50 vr6 lmao in 2 weeks all the while not really enjoying the game ????

Did this cross anyone else's mind ?? I mean its not like the OP is a paid journalist who reviews games for a living..... So would anyone invest all that time in something they really were not enjoying .... something doesnt smell right here....

One doesn't really need to care for a game to invest time in it. Not everyone gets emotionally attached to MMOS.

I have played several MMOS just because i had nothing better to do. In the end did i care? nope. But yeah i did pass my boring time.

And as usual you had nothing to say on the actual content of the review. All the fans are more interested in discussing Op than what he wrote.

you can also take what the OP says with a grain of salt and show some patience instead and be a bit more rational about it all. I think most people here agree with what the OP is saying but the guy literally rushed to end game on a brand new mmo  and now is bored. Somethings I agree with him on the bugs especially and the boring towns but I also know that they do not want to lose a bunch of players and will probably more sooner than later fix the glaring bugs. I think some people here just need to realize that not everyone has the same tolerance levels as other people and that goes for people hating and also white knighting the game. But lets be honest here to , some of the posters who hate on this game do so just to troll and start arguments here. So it does get tiresome after awhile to read through. This poster did a respectable opinion though which I think most can respect.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Often with games these days max level is a completly different game than gettin to max lvl. So people often rush to max level to play the true game that they purchased he probaly went the two weeks getting there hoping it gets better but just didnt get to his expectations.

As for the OP review, This was exactly what i was expecting the game to be like and glad i didnt buy it. 

• TraugarTraugar Member UncommonPosts: 183
    Originally posted by ace5572
    Geez the guy gives an honest review and does it well and the only responses are from rabid fanbois who hate that it wasn't a totally positive review.

That's because it wasn't an honest review.  It was a sales pitch for Wildstar, or did you not notice all the things that Wildstar does better?  

OP I am sorry this isn't the game for you, and sincerely hope that Wildstar turns out to be everything that you want it to be.  However, I have a feeling that you or others like you will come here then giving "honest" reviews of how horrible that game is, and how "X" game is going to be soooo much better.  Many of your negative points are what I consider to be positives so understand that this game does appeal to those who like a different type of game than you.  I actually like the guild store system.  I do wish it had a search function, but the idea of you only being able to buy and sell to your list of contacts fits the game world. 

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by artemisentr4
    Originally posted by Kinado

You can only defend this game if you are a fan-boy with no sense of impartiality, sorry but its true. The review is an impartial one and it didn't even mentioned many of the bugs I've found in-game. ESO is completely riddled with bugs.

I'm level 36 and been playing it slowly, paying attention to the little details, dialogue, everything, been doing a lot of pvp aswell and even though I really like the way the game looks, when you start feeling immersed by it BAM you bump into an annoying bug.

I found bugs that affect and even block your gameplay in EVERY aspect of the game, every single aspect besides crafting. I never played such a buggy MMO.

I really like Elder Scrolls games (modded) and MMO's but even if all the bugs are fixed within a month the game still has a really long way to go:

_Dungeons are way too easy even though they are beautiful and some bosses have interesting mechanics.

_Combat is clunky, animations get stuck preventing further action, there's input lag, weapon swap is unresponsive and slow to react, sometimes hits don't connect even though you are in position and aimed to connect them. I mean, combat is awful . It can be very good with the dodge,block mechanic if its responsive some day but at this precise moment, its awful.

_PVP has a lot of down times since there's nothing happening in Cyrodiil unless you go look for it. No spontaneous events that can turn the tide of the battle in between keeps, nothing, just zergs or level 50 veterans in groups of 20 spamming AOE abilities erasing everything on its path.

_Class skills need a lot of tweaking, when you see sorcerers blinking to infinity with no cooldown with a Elder Scroll in hand going through the middle of legions of enemy players stunning, rooting him, you know something is wrong. When you see groups of people moving together killing anyone on their path by just sinergizing their classes and spamming 1 AOE ability, you know something is wrong.

_ A MMO that launches with no end-game content either has very poor direction or was clearly rushed. Considering the ridiculous amount of bugs that affect gameplay ( not esthetical, those I don't mind ) and their promise of a soon to release end-game zone, I say ESO was without a doubt rushed to be released.

I really want to like this game, that's why I bought it but the bad outweights the good at the moment. ESO has great potential, it runs really smooth, has great story and voice acting, looks amazing but if you buy it right now you ll be paying for a BETA at the most.

Anyone that says different clearly hasn't played enough. My advice: buy the game to support it now but wait a few months to actually play it unless you want a frustrating and immersive breaking by bugs experience. If people don't support the game now, it will surely fail like SWTOR did and become a money hunger scheme to make up for the damage which would be a huge shame.

How can an opinion be wrong? You are correct for your own opinion. The OP is correct for his own opinion. My opinion is different than both of you and I am enjoying the game and will continue to do so.

And you know what? My opinion is 100% correct, for me, because it is my opinion. And saying everyone else is wrong is perfectly fine. Because again, it is my own opinion that matters. I know without a doubt that anything the OP had to say wouldn't apply to me because I am no where near VR6. So the review is only for other players with a similar play style. You can complain all you want about others not agreeing with the OP, but he is not an average player obviously, so it doesn't apply to the average player.

Opinions can definitely be wrong.

You can be of the opinion that the keyboard you are typing on is actually a large jellyfish.  That opinion would be wrong.

Things like bugs that are reproduceable, for example, do not fall under the "my opinion is all that matters" card.

Whether or not the art style is good, is something you can have an opinion on that is neither correct nor incorrect.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• WaylarkWaylark Member Posts: 10

Just to be clear; actually I still playing this game and i will continue support him. I'm not a hater (idk why I need to repeat this -_-), my honest reviews it's just my personal pov, I think we are already mature enough to know these little things. OFC english is not my first language, so I apologize for that.

Game is not BAD if you ask me and I don't think nothing about his buisness model, I'm fine with P2P as long as they put content every two month or so. Why I like Wildstar it's a personal matter, yep, even if I've grown up with games like DAoC and SWG, I do like more games like WoW, and Wildstar it's a good copy one, with his personal touch, ofc.

But this is not about white or black, ffs, I like MMOs, I like TESO but overall it's a standard game for me, 7/10 if you ask me. I play a lot, so that means my money was not thrown down the toilet, I don't feel something like that. This was my honest (short) review. You don't need to like it, because it's my personal point of view. Yes, I think there are better games, maybe for you guys not, why I should care? This is about personal reviews.

I appreciate the people who have been very polite with me and yet it has not agreed with me, you are the people who make big this forum :). For all you guys think I rushed the game, sorry, but I don't skipped any word.

• tarodintarodin Member UncommonPosts: 128
    It's another game. Not an innovation.
  • OldSquirrelOldSquirrel Member Posts: 20

I agree with almost all of the OPs conclusions.

As if it hasn't been said before, I will add that the gameplay and visual style of the Elder Scrolls best favors a single player RPG that you would enjoy for a fortnight, as your exploration and questing will just lead through a good story, good scenery, and a satisfying conclusion. Then you're off to another game, with other fun things to see and do...

ESO does not have enough "staying power" or "magical style of its own" (as seen in another post) to keep an MMO audience... I predict that the typical MMO junkie will decide to try multiple class builds until the UI (omg that bloody Q ring), repetitive MMO quests, repetitive NPCs (same face, different mustache), inventory shuffling, and unsatisfying PvP finally leads to a burnout.

"I'm a nerd, and I'm pretty proud of it." - Gilbert, Revenge of the Nerds[1984]

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

I just want to share my experience so far at TESO. I'm already level 50 and veteran lvl 6, please don't think there is a huge difference at VR10, there is not.

This must be the most powerfull MMO in terms of GOOD graphics and awesome perfomance. I mean, when you're playing along 100 people on your side, you know you're in a well optimized game so far.  I can't say the same about design art, really. There's an impressive areas, with very good use of lighting and such effects, but in terms of artistic design, the game is pretty boring and unvaried.

The world seems static, nothing really moves, nothing is alive. NPCs are boring, acting like robots, I mean obviously they don't have life, but it lacks personality. Sincerely I don't care about their lives and his problems.

There are really impressive things like Dark Anchors, but after seeing them for 4 or 5 times, fail to impress me. They are all the same except for the enemies you find... but there are not many variety If have to tell you.

Leveling & VR content

Leveling is really fun when you touch it for the first time, so far the first zone, then you get to the second and it's exactly the same, then the third and the fourth straight lose interest except for the main quest. 

All areas are equal: minizones with quest hubs that are only 2 or 3 chain quests that direct you to another minizone. Around them there public dungeons, skyshards and bosses for 3 or 4 people, nothing relevant or exciting after having done for 10 times.

And that's another annoying thing, in terms of replayability the game does not offer so much. Oh yeah, now you're 50 and have to climb 10 veteran levels, but they feels like another extra 10 levels more but demanding more experience per level, they are not anything special and you not feel more powerful with them.

Veteran content just consist on playing "new areas" without the main quest missions or guild missions, ie, the best quests. It's like you're just playing the boring parts of the game. Sorry to saying, but main quest and guild quests are very well done it, but the rest are just a meh.

Dungeons

Some of them are extremely short, which is not a bad thing, but they are not anything special. Many of them feels like filler content. A small area with 3 or 4 bosses super-easy to do. I do not understand why people claims that they are hard or rewarding... I'm doing Veteran dungeons with my group of friends, and are really EASY to do. Please, even the first dungeon in Wildstar is 10 times more difficult than this.

About the rewards, oh boy, the design is moving actually in the wrong way. What a complete mess, the loot have to be obtained by chests, because bosses usually drops nothing but trash. It's quite normal to finish the dungeon without any item, I meant gear items. 

The problem with chests is that anyone can open them, but who design this system? It's horrible to play with pugs, really.

PVP

I will not say much else about that PVP, since I'm not a fan of this kind of PVP. Do not understand how people like to play with groups of 100 people, destroying people on the road that has no choice and conquering holdings while one group and another fight from a distance, and no one dares to approach because they die. (insta-die)

For me it is boring, but I have to admit that sieges looks technically impressive, are a joy to watch. But in terms of fun, not my cup of tea. Yeah I know you can carry a small group to roam, but it's not so much better. YEP, I'm more an Arenas, BGs and open world PVP, but not that "open world pvp".

UI & Guild Stores

This should probably be the worst UI I've seen in a long time, I mean, why if something works well, you change it to be tedious and uncomfortable? There are things that are really annoying, ugly menus and uncomfortable to use it, like inventory system, so much skyrim alike... not works well for a MMO. Don't trying to tell me is "different", it's not, just a poor UI design.

About the Guild Stores, oh boy, I remember when they announced that game would not allow auction houses like others MMO, what a false statement. Actually there are auction houses that are designed only for clans, and each clan can only allow a maximum of 500 players.

There is no search engine for the AH, it's just horrible. You put "mats" and let you out, you can not even organize them.

BUGS

Finally my favorite section. Yes, there are bunch of people who saying that have not been experienced any bug, the game is 10, good for them, but for the rest of us we have experienced a huge amount of bugs.

Stop summoning your mount, floor breaking and absorb your character to infinity and beyond, NPC disappeare and never come back, NPC that stop working, quest items that become non-interactive,quest bugged missions that break your progress (and there are people who can not climb veteran levels for a week because ZeniMax has not fixed yet), graphic effects that stay permanent in your character, items that disappear from your inventory and rollbacks that randomly affect a group of people and returns them to 20 minutes in the past.

And this is only a small of them, trust me. Me and friends of mine, such people around the game experienced more than that.

This game is far from be "release candidate", there are too uncomfortable problems, and it's very sad to see how other games in recent years have come out in a much better way. Well polished, something that TESO lacks a lot.

High End Content

Disappointing. Everything is based on up to 50 and then up 10 plus extra levels do not really add anything new. Content is nonexistent, set up with gear and go throght Cyrodiil. PVE is nothing but adventure zones, and they are not in the game atm. So you do nothing but pvp.

No more to say, really. Content is not exist atm as well, is more of the same without a purpose or goal, just like GW2 but with vertical advance. Yup, there is a carrot, but a bad one.

Finals words

I don't understand the hype for this game, it seems mediocre at best. I sincerely believe that as today there are better games to play on the market or most interesting and not too distant future release.

Yep, you gonna burn me out, but truste me when I say I'm not a hater. if I'm a one of them then I dropped this game long before. I taking some fun, but I will droped as soon as Wildstar set down in the store.

Please respect my points, jus't dont come and say: Go back to WoW, go back to something, "can I have your stuff?". Please be mature. 

OP is lying I think,, prove it and let me whisper you in game, this is all to fishy, a new account with 14 post sounds like your everyday mmo propaganda, most likely a game dev or a pissed off fanboy from another game that hates to see this game do well.

Proof or it's a lie.

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276
     It really sounds like the Op just kinda skimmed through the game and hoped for the best( while falling just short of the top ladder rung) You may want to save yourself some money , and not buy wildstar. You pretty much just seem burned out of mmos in general.  Try out some games on steam, or pick up a console. Otherwise I predict we will see an "honest" wildstar review in two months.
  • AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    Originally posted by Warjin

Leveling & VR content

Dungeons

PVP

UI & Guild Stores

BUGS

High End Content

Finals words

OP is lying I think,, prove it and let me whisper you in game, this is all to fishy, a new account with 14 post sounds like your everyday mmo propaganda, most likely a game dev or a pissed off fanboy from another game that hates to see this game do well.

Proof or it's a lie.

Why he needs to prove anything to you? If you dont agree with him and his conclusions,  just ignore his post or state your opinions about. Anyway there is no reason for him to prove anything to anyone.

• NecropsieNecropsie Member UncommonPosts: 142

Leveling & VR content

Dungeons

PVP

UI & Guild Stores

BUGS

High End Content

Finals words

Yep, pretty much sums up my experience too. Especially the dungeons and pvp part. I am not at end game but i have seen enough to understand what end game will be like.

And the responses.. Wow, all games has rabid fanboys but for this game, they are really at another level. I understand, you will never see the design flaws this game has but please dont attack people who can see them. "Nothing is wrong. This is an old school game. Go back to your blabla." Usually, the game you are defending with your life goes to f2p in a couple of months and then.. you stop. Till another game you can defend with your life. Pathetic.

Stages of a new mmo: 1) It's just beta. It still has plenty of time before release. 2) It just launched. Give it time. WoW wasn't built in a day. 3) We don't need you anyway. 4) F2P announced. 5)Huge influx of players. 6) Look how much has changed. 7) Cash shop is the only thing developed lately. 8) It has been a long journey and we thank everyone who was part of it. Shutting down in 3 months. (Courtesy of Robokapp.)

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by Aroukos
    Originally posted by Warjin

Leveling & VR content

Dungeons

PVP

UI & Guild Stores

BUGS

High End Content

Finals words

Proof or it's a lie.

Why he needs to prove anything to you? If you dont agree with him and his conclusions,  just ignore his post or state your opinions about. Anyway there is no reason for him to prove anything to anyone.

Because I see this all the time on this site, a new game comes out and all of the sudden new accounts with under 10 post feel the need to post something negative, to me this seems like MMO propaganda from other Devs or rival MMO haters trying to discredit and discourage other from playing, it's real fishy is all.

Think about it, who gets the urge to create an MMORPG account just to post something negative about a game? Only Trolls or MMO DEV propaganda, most people that are new to MMORPG post mostly posative things and those forum users stick around for years as I see many do, but I find it funny that a new MMO comes out, and a flock of new forum users with neg post come out the woodwork, then after a few days they drop off the map never to be see or heard from again.

So in that light I call the OP's claim a LIE untill I see proof or to me I see this as a MMO Dev playing there evil propaganda games or a hateful fanboy troll, in this case coming off not as a troll but as a truly genuine post about the game with no proof to back up that he has ever played the game let alone a level 50 rank 6.

Beside of you go though all the quest without space bar skipping there is no way you would be level 50 R6 within the time frame, unless you don't sleep or eat for a 2 weeks, the only way to do so is if you rush to max level and those players I pay them no mind, they only bitch and cry about lack of content after the rushed to max level, well no shit Sherlock lol.

I can see if you played the story in beta but other then that and want to space bar to 50 but no player that is Level 50 in ESO can tell me they played though the story, it can't be done in 2 weeks, that being said if the OP is truly level 50 R then I still wouldnt give him any credit because I know for a fact he didnt play though the story to fully get immerised, and to truly understand what this game is about.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

The OP is, of course, entirely entitled to his opinion which happens to be different to mine.

However as an "honest review" this is a poor piece of reviewing. It is very subjective without evaluating the experience of the game in any objective way and capping off summaries with descriptions like "boring" which give the reader nothing in terms of understanding what, in particular, bored the reviewer and what the reader may also find boring about it.

I'm sorry you didn't like the game. But that may also have something to do with almost hitting max level in 2 weeks which undoubtedly meant you played a lot and as efficiently as possible, turning the game into a ladder for climbing rather than an experience. That's a valid way to play, but it's the same as eating a burger in 2 bites rather than 10 - it's not going to taste as good.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Originally posted by Vonatar

The OP is, of course, entirely entitled to his opinion which happens to be different to mine.

However as an "honest review" this is a poor piece of reviewing. It is very subjective without evaluating the experience of the game in any objective way and capping off summaries with descriptions like "boring" which give the reader nothing in terms of understanding what, in particular, bored the reviewer and what the reader may also find boring about it.

I'm sorry you didn't like the game. But that may also have something to do with almost hitting max level in 2 weeks which undoubtedly meant you played a lot and as efficiently as possible, turning the game into a ladder for climbing rather than an experience. That's a valid way to play, but it's the same as eating a burger in 2 bites rather than 10 - it's not going to taste as good.

There are many people that play for very long hours doesn't mean they don't like the game or are rushing, they simply have more time than others to play their games. it's no excuse to cater only to the casuals and people that don't play for very long expecting everyone to take more than a month to reach endgame so they can add more stuff. Adventure zones should have been there from the start.

All mmos recently fail in this. You can't expect people to take it slow, you NEED to put something for the endgame people or they will have nothing to do but repeat stuff till they get bored and leave.

It's not their fault that there isn't much to do at cap, it's the devs fault.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

OP, you doing it wrong. Judging from todays MMORPG population, you should play slowly, very, very slowly, cause you'll be burned quick and  have nothing to do at the end. 

Otherwise, great review.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

@OP: I respect your oppinion but ESO is not the right game for you. Ask yourself a question: Can any company create themepark content as fast as you consume it ? I don't think so.

As you also don't like AvA the only conclusion is: Themeparks are not your cup of tea or just play them for a month and move on.

P.S. The UI is bad, especially the quickslot wheel.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Good review based on how you played. The main problem I see is that with that high of a level, you didn't listen to the storyline much.  This is the thing I've been telling players in MMOs since like forever.  If you don't take the time to read (or even listen these days) to the quest givers, then you aren't going to have a good time.  If all you care about is getting to the end game first, you're not going to have a good time.  Unlike other gaming genres, MMOs are all about the journey and not the destination.  Most new players like to rush to the level cap, get there, then scratch their heads saying "what do I do now?"

I've played every waking moment since early access (except work) and I've only gotten to level 38 on my main, and level 10-22 on my alts.  In most MMOs, that would be enough time to have 2-3 level capped characters.  The voice over is done very well (unlike SWTOR), and it makes me want to learn more.  I find myself listening to everything a NPC has to say, even after I"ve gotten the quest.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TyserieTyserie Member UncommonPosts: 155

How can someone who is so high in lvl say, that its not good game. I mean, do you always when you dont like something just continue to do it? I dont understand. If I dont like something, I just stop to do that, yes? I did leave SWTOR on lvl 40 and never logged back, because I dont like lot of on this game. You have full lvl 50 and even V6 and saying the game is bad. wow.

You cant provide honest review, you just wanted to write something and look like important guy.
  • RigurRigur Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Asariasha

Leveling & VR content

Dungeons

PVP

UI & Guild Stores

BUGS

High End Content

Finals words

Casual gamers who play 2-3 hours a day need almost a week per zone. The amount of time you must have invested in playing TESO is unhealthy and negatively influences your "honest review". Frankly, I cannot respect arguments of someone with an obvious addiction problem related to video games.

For your own good, please take a break and rethink your gaming habits and / or seek out professional help.

PLEASE tell me you are trolling or this is a sarcastic post.

The first MMO you loved will always be the best. You will never get that feeling back stop trying.