Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cyrodiil: "we’re the only side that’s showing up"

Comments

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by DMKano

There are 2 campaigns that are full on all three sides - those are balanced.

Auriel's Bow and Wabbajack

Skull crusher is almost full

Dawnbreaker is pure AD 

Bloodthorn is heavy on EP

5 campaigns are deserted

I am really surprised how few players are PvPing - it's the best part of the game IMO.

What % of players PvPs in ESO? It seems to me some tiny fraction of 1%.

Because a full campaign holds 2000 players.., think about that.

At peak times there are 2 full campaigns - that's 4000 players, - lets say for a sake of argument that there are 5 full campaigns - that's be 10K players.

So again if the game has a million players - only 1% PvPs at peak with 10K players (10K is an inflated number - I doubt that there's even 5K PvPing).

Again - either nobody PvPs or the actual number of players is MUCH smaller.

My speculation is that there aren't that many folks playing ESO if not even 10K players are PvPing at peak.

Lot of people still leveling up.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• george99george99 Member UncommonPosts: 78

There are 2 campaigns that are full on all three sides - those are balanced.

Auriel's Bow and Wabbajack

Skull crusher is almost full

Dawnbreaker is pure AD 

Bloodthorn is heavy on EP

The valenwhatever campaign seems to be pretty darned balanced in population numbers. It's not full either so if you are looking for a campaign I'd recommend it (preferably if you are daggerfall but I suppose the other sides will take people too)

• ManasongManasong Member Posts: 208
    Originally posted by Xirik
    Originally posted by Xirik

People are choosing to lvl to 50 before going to pvp. 

I solved it! I'm smarter then you all! HA  HA

WUT  it can't be something that logical Xirik  IT MUST BE BECAUSE THE GAME SUCKS AND IT FAILING. HURR HURRR HURR

I used to having other forum people being stupid and illogical but it seems the stupid bug infected the reviewers/bloggers

Auriela Bow and Wabbajack are full campaigns - vast majority of those 4000 players are not 50.

So why aren't those 4000 players waiting? What makes them different?

Cause those are the pure pvpers. there aren't that many of them Most of the mega server are filled with people who like me see cyrodiil as endgame simply because its harder to lvl up there and veteran ranked people destroy any low lvl in 2 hits.

So in ESO there are not even 5000 pure PvPers during peak times on weekends.

Doesn't seem right to me, sorry.

I'm hardcore pvp, but I prefer to wait until I get to 50 at my own pace while enjoying the game and wait for my guild starts to organize raids, I only pop into cyrodiil for some mindless zerging once in a while. It's not really the most fun experience to get wrecked by VR people and it feels like a sin to rush in a game like this.

• WraithstarWraithstar Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Im a big pvper, and I played in the CB on ESO, and i really disliked the pvp. yes you can do small group WvWvW, but you dont really help your  side by doing so, there should have been a BG system or arena system in place. If they add on to the pvp, ill pick up the game, but until then im just gunna sit back and see how it does in the next month or two.
  • Covet78Covet78 Member UncommonPosts: 149
    Originally posted by Brisky29
    I have not PvP'd yet, not because I don't want too, but because I've been doing so much exploring and questing and crafting. I haven't made it there yet....but soon! I wonder if a lot of folks are doing the same...idk

That's what i'm doing as well. 

also... most elder scroll fans prefer pve over pvp. Most in my guild are pve'ers and it's a at over 40 active at any one time at least. 

I think most people in general prefer pve. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

I don' really have a reason to PVP, I only fight for cause, and without a Darkness Falls type dungeon to fight for, I see no real reason to head out the Cryodill, at least not until I'm level 50 and have my skill and gear the way I want them.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MirokeshiMirokeshi Member Posts: 8

I love PvP, but like any other MMO I play I feel a bit inadequate until I'm high level and geared out.

Even in GW2 I hit max level, maxed out my craft, and got the best gear before jumping into PvP. Though once I did, PvP was the only thing I did.

For ESO I plan on getting VR5 in mostly-full purple tier equipment before getting on the PvP scene.

Only 3 VRs to go. Then it's dungeon/farm time for the gear. Then finally PvP time. 

• hardy83hardy83 Member Posts: 47

I went to Cyrodiil in an Ebonheart controlled campaign so I can get all the skyshards, which I did, painfully over two days.

I left and never went back. lol

I think the problem is that most people are still leveling. It's also not like you really get a good idea that Cyrodiil is even available except with one little bit of text that pops up and a mail. They aren't even really that clear on how to even join, actually this game isn't clear on a lot of things. Thank lord for the community being helpful. lol

Also, if they wanted the campaigns to be balanced, they should've only opened up one or two, wait until they get full, then open up more. Having them all open at once just meant that a faction will flock to one to have full dominance, which is what happened.

It'll be more important to see what happens after the first month, with the usual drop in players after the free month and a lot of people are done with the PvE content for the most part.

Again, I think the biggest problems is that most people are just doing PvE to level and them opening up too many campaigns at the start.

• ChannceChannce Member CommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by fardreamer

zerg vs zerg castle-crashing is not what i consider entertaining player versus player. 

not having duels ingame should tell you that the game has no focus on serious pvp. Its teambased zerg vs npc, with some random minor cool fights around the zerg. not often enough to count for me.

Good thing for you no is forcing you to take part in battlegroups then, whew.  AO is pretty much nothing but 1v1, you might want to give it a look.

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    Originally posted by Rowein

I am only level 18. I am running through the zones learning my class. If I rush to PVP I won't have the skills or the skill to do a proper job of it. I'm in no rush. I also want to the PVP instances to even out and settle down. I will hit level 50 this month or next. No hurry. Lots to see. Lots to do.

Rowein

Not to pick on you in particular, it may come a s a rude, very rude awakening to you, when you hit 50 in PvE and get into PvP, only to find out you have to basically relearn the game.

PvP skills are sooo not like PvE skill. I'm mostly PvE, but I have dabbled enough in PvP (read: got pwned) to know that your super-leet PvE skills and build don't get you past anyone who has spent even one day in PVP.

If you think you'll PvP mostly you really need to get in there early on.

Originally posted by Sovrath

I am really surprised how few players are PvPing - it's the best part of the game IMO.

And maybe in their opinion it's not the best part of the game.

Remember, this is an elder scrolls game. It's very possible that there are a lot of edler scrolls fans who are playing it for the pve.

I'm in Dawnbreaker as Aldmeri Dominion. Not fun when you are "dominating". Without doing much.

I thougth the whole idea, according to others, was that three faction pvp would have the underdogs gang up on the winning side?

Dawnbreaker is hugely unbalanced - I don't think that there are even 50 players combined on the EP and DC side, so 50 folks is not enough to gang up on 600+ AD players.

For an Underdog you still need a couple of hundred combined players - what you have in dawnbreaker is a farce.

This! This is what needs to get tatooed on the foreheads and back of their hands of people who say: three faction PVP? Balance = done!

This problem is the same that GW2 is starting to get drowned in. Used to be ok (1st year after release), people did move to higher servers more than lowers, but overall it was still somewhat balanced and most importantly fun. Today, everything has been streamlined, you know where you need to be to win, regardless of what you as an individual do.

I was hoping ZOS/ESO paid attention and figured something out. Instead, it looks like this may go down the same road. Did they say "AvA is not meant to be balanced" yet"? Coz then you may as well finish PvE and after that save yourself $15/month by playing GW2.

Also: three month campaign? Wow. Just, wow.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    PvP? Is there PvP in ESO? Been to Cyradiil a couple of times already (2nd in the list, don't remember the name rightnow), but each time I was there, only 'my side' was there (Daggerfall Covenant) and we were PvEing in sieges. It feels so emtpy the whole PvP in ESO while it could be so much fun. I even dare to say that at this moment, PvP in GW2 is more fun to do than in ESO (and I really disliked the GW2 zerging)
  • DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424

I think they should do like GW2 have the best of each faction battle each other. That way, the best AD, DC and EP face off, while the second best fight each, and so on and so on.

Also, while i agree with a 3 month long battle (1 week is way to small IMHO), they should have it be 1-2 week period during the games first 4-6 weeks to establish the best factions.

But, as Kano pointed out, it seems some are simply far to under-populated. There doesn't seem to be much pvp interested for some reason. Kano says 2 full Cyros, and i read another guy say 1 full yesterday.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I don' really have a reason to PVP, I only fight for cause, and without a Darkness Falls type dungeon to fight for, I see no real reason to head out the Cryodill, at least not until I'm level 50 and have my skill and gear the way I want them.

This.  Although I don't think I will see lvl 20 let alone 50 as the PvE quest grinding is so tedious.  I like PvP in more open world sandbox type games as there is something on the line (your guild city, hunting grounds etc...).  PvP with nothing on the line and no consequences for death or...anything, takes someone who loves PvP just for the PvP.

• NatjurNatjur Member UncommonPosts: 125

It appears lots of player are in PVP campains for easy wins not true PVP, so you will see three campains each 'owned' by one of the three factions.

Not sure how they can fix this, but we will see as more players get to end game and move onto PVP

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407
    whats the deal you can always change ur campaign, if it starts to suck and 15k alliance points are made in like 1 hour.
    Originally posted by Mardukk (...)

This.  Although I don't think I will see lvl 20 let alone 50 as the PvE quest grinding is so tedious.  I like PvP in more open world sandbox type games as there is something on the line (your guild city, hunting grounds etc...).  PvP with nothing on the line and no consequences for death or...anything, takes someone who loves PvP just for the PvP.

Heh, you should have seen the GW2 WvW match threads. It seemed like someone's mother's honor needed defending or soiling! :) Lots of people there playing WvW for the right to swing the biggest epeen on the forums.

There are no threads on ESO forums to "dis-cuss" (read: dis' and cuss) about the AvA going on? Maybe that's something ESo got right. GW2 eventually got smart and removed that whole section of the forums with the help of a few metric tons of C4. That part of the forums probably accounted for 98% of the forum bans and suspensions.

Originally posted by Natjur

It appears lots of player are in PVP campains for easy wins not true PVP, so you will see three campains each 'owned' by one of the three factions.

Not sure how they can fix this, but we will see as more players get to end game and move onto PVP

If they only get into PvP/AvA as an afterthought, they could likely be labeled "casuals". Unless they roll into a campaign their side owns or is at least competitive in, these players likely lack the intestinal fortitude to fight an uphill battle like 10v1 in PvP, only to get /laugh'ed and /face_hump'ed at.

If ESO comes up with a fix I hope GW2 is paying attention, because they find themselves in the same straits. Just, ESO had like a year's worth of warning of what's coming.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    seems pvp is only mini games (sieges) in  huge open world ,I miss WAR there pvp is not was perfect but was  more fun than in ESO... how sad.
  • Eol-Eol- Member UncommonPosts: 274

I have played a lot of PvP in ESO so far, but at the expense of leveling my character who is only lvl 21. Anyway, a lot of folks seem to be saying that they will do PvP when they get to be higher level, and for now are focusing on PvE leveling. So I think its way too early to draw conclusions about 90 day campaigns on day 15 or 20. When lots of folks hit level 50, you will see a lot of them doing more PvP.

Also, the PvP players that rushed to 50 have a big advantage right now and are easily worth two low level players. If you are running in a large group its not that decisive, but if you are a NB trying to stealth solo, its really tough when you find an enemy 20 levels higher than you.

One last point: players and guilds will become a lot more coordinated over time, and you will see more battles at gates and in the open field rather than sieges, because right now most players are just following the zerg and are not coordinated so naturally the game is revolving around sieges. But even now you are seeing good groups go behind enemy lines and kill lots of people moving forward.

Anyway, we are in the very early stages of what many players perceive to be an end-game activity, and its dumb to draw conclusions now any more than you could have judged the future of DAoC pvp in week 3 of the game...

Elladan - ESO (AD)
    Camring - SWTOR (Ebon Hawk)
    Eol & Justinian - Rift (Faeblight)
    Ceol and Duri - LotRO (Landroval)
    Kili - WoW
    Eol - Lineage 2
    Camring - SWG
    Justinian (Nimue), Camring - DAoC

Originally posted by Agent_Joseph
    seems pvp is only mini games (sieges) in  huge open world ,I miss WAR there pvp is not was perfect but was  more fun than in ESO... how sad.

And I thought ESO's AvA was great because there was actually room to maneuver, run solo or small man groups, without getting zerged down all the time?

If it's too empty for you, find a guild to run with, or look for large fights and join in. Or find a lonely spot in Cyrodill and post 1v1 challenge threads on the forums.

• NecropsieNecropsie Member UncommonPosts: 142

There is no point in waiting for to be level 50 and/or mastering skill sets if you are interested in pvp. It is a huge zerg fest right now and by the design, i dont think it will change. You just go there, hit aoe and hope for the best. And this is not the only problem. Let me share my pvp adventure with you:

Try to enter Cyrodiil. Game freezes at loading screen.

Alt+Tab, try again. Works this time. Start running. After 3 minutes of meaningless run, game crashes again.

Alt+tab, try once more. Nope, i can't enter. Stuck at loading screen. (I tried for about 20 minutes.)

Enter once more, run again, crash again.

After another 15 minutes of trying to login, success. Oh and you reached your destination after 10 minutes of running. And.. yes, you get killed in 5 secs.

If you choose to revive, you will need to run back for at least 5 mins. Oh well, sure, what the hell. Hit revive button, game crashes.

Oh joy.

I liked Warhammer Online RvR, i liked instanced BG / Arenas but this.. this is something else. This pvp (like many other things in game) is designed for console players. Think about it, you can perfectly play this type of zerg fest while sitting on a couch. Not just pvp, lots and lots of things in this game are for console players. Only hardcore fanboys can enjoy this bugfest, noone else.

I cancelled my sub today. When it become f2p (and yes, it will, we all know that) i may look again but for now.. no.

Stages of a new mmo: 1) It's just beta. It still has plenty of time before release. 2) It just launched. Give it time. WoW wasn't built in a day. 3) We don't need you anyway. 4) F2P announced. 5)Huge influx of players. 6) Look how much has changed. 7) Cash shop is the only thing developed lately. 8) It has been a long journey and we thank everyone who was part of it. Shutting down in 3 months. (Courtesy of Robokapp.)

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    If pvp is rubbish why do you think it going FTP will make a difference?

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I imagine a lot of people are saving pvp until they are more established and set up. Also having to make a choice is a big deal. Unless you're in an established guild you plan to pvp with it would suck to get into a campaign you don't like or later on find out your guild isn't a part of.

I know I haven't touched it yet. I'm not a big pvp guy but I will dabble in it later. There's tons of pve content to enjoy though.

Also, I imagine a lot of Elder Scrolls fans aren't pvp oriented anyways. Obviously it's not a franchise known for competition since they have literally never had any.

Originally posted by Necropsie

There is no point in waiting for to be level 50 and/or mastering skill sets if you are interested in pvp. It is a huge zerg fest right now and by the design, i dont think it will change. You just go there, hit aoe and hope for the best. And this is not the only problem. Let me share my pvp adventure with you:

(...) 

Leaving the crashes aside for the moment as I'm sure those will eventually be fixed, though they do hit for some bonus damage right now because of the time it takes to get anywhere.

What you describe, the running for 5min to get anywhere everytime you die..., that's what's great about Cyrodill, no?

Big complaint about GW2 was that the maps were so small, you can get anywhere in 3-5min, so zerging was possible. Also, dying in GW2 (dead, not just downed) wasn't a big deal, because a) anyone could rez you anytime, and b) even if you had to run back, again, 3-5min to get anywhere on the map.

So, people now realize that running through the empty lands for 5min to get anywhere is boring? Much less so, if you get ganked by 3-5 guys just before you get there? And there are still zergs? Huh.