Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the 90 slot bank issue real?

2»

Comments

• RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613

God am i glad that i canceled my preorder. Really was on the fence (untill last patch before relase, that made me cancel), but i still follow ESO news daíly and i see something bugged out daily.

They really did not do their homework. Bugs, exploits, security issues and all that stuff that has happened in the past to NOT be done again. They still do all the old errors over and over again here. This bank slot stuff sounds new tho! At least Zenimax is doing something that is new to MMOs haha.

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

• RazankaRazanka Member UncommonPosts: 67
    I can confirm this is a real issue, it just happened to me just now. I had 90 bank slots on my lvl 21 DK logged out, went to one of my alts to grab some crafting supplies, logged back on to my main and my bank was reduced to 60 slots and all my crafting mats were gone. The only thing left in my bank were my CE items. 
  • PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428

Here is the response I got from CS after it happened to me. They say nothing is actually gone and that eventually everything will be returned and you will get the space you bought back. It happened after I upgraded to 90 slots, it may just be a coincidence.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

My bank has 100 slots...never had any issue.  Then again it seems that I have had very little issues compared to some.

I can only think of 3 times (all on the main storyline unfortunately), where I've had problems with this game.  2 of them the boss didn't spawn, and one was the priestess in Auridon not working.  They seem to have fixed this, as I've done it again on another character, and have had no problems at all on him.

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

Bank alts for the win.  Costs about the same to upgrade 7 packs from 60-70 than it does to take your bank from 80-90.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

It's a serious bug, but these things happen with new MMOs.

Just keep your slots below 60 until it's resolved.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by Entinerint

Bank alts for the win.  Costs about the same to upgrade 7 packs from 60-70 than it does to take your bank from 80-90.

And how do you craft when alts are holding your mats ?

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• Lord_AthonLord_Athon Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Originally posted by Entinerint

Same over here.

Of course, the bank, when we need it for craft, it's much easier and quick. But, we hunt with what we have right now, if we dont have a dog, we will hunt with a cat. :)

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    I was not effected by this bug at all. I have 90 slots in bank, and 102 in bag. No mats at all were lost at any point in time. Been playing from start and purchased the upgrades early on too.
  • RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by Zegaloth
    Originally posted by Rattenmann

God am i glad that i canceled my preorder. Really was on the fence (untill last patch before relase, that made me cancel), but i still follow ESO news daíly and i see something bugged out daily.

They really did not do their homework. Bugs, exploits, security issues and all that stuff that has happened in the past to NOT be done again. They still do all the old errors over and over again here. This bank slot stuff sounds new tho! At least Zenimax is doing something that is new to MMOs haha.

Do you also read all of the posts about people having a great time playing? or do you only search out the bad news that you want to hear to make you feel better about not buying the game?

While there are bugs and they can be frustrating, its a game, a newly launched game, and bugs are to be expected.

Despite the few bugs I have encountered I am having a great time, and none of the bugs I have come across have changed that.

Actually no. I do not read the posts about people having fun, since fun is something that is VERY individual and if i say i am having fun picking my nose, that might not mean much to you. Topics about bugs and the BAD stuff on the other hand can mean A LOT to me. Those are not on an individual basis.

Basically there is very rarly any personal value in reading "i like it!" topics, since all that is just an individual feeling. Topics about stuff people don't like usually involve more critical topics about basic features or bugs or issues. Reading those can give opinions that are NOT individual, but universally. Wether the content of the topic is relevant to me can usually be messured in a few lines of reading. Let me give you an example:

If you tell me how great the questing is... that means nothing to me really. I might like it, i might hate it. But if you tell me there are security issues, i hate that. If you tell me i may lose all my bank stuff, i will hate that. If you tell me questing sucks, i could not care less,... since again: I might like it.

So no, i do not read positive topics. I saw the game, i tested the game and i found enough to change my mind on my own. I am in no way in need of any issues to make me feel better. Not that kind of weak minded person. I do however follow the game to see if they fix the stuff that made me change my mind. Seeing a new topic about broken features and security issues does not really help here tho. And i might just as well give up on the game if the waves of issues don't stop anytime soon.

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?