Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's happening with the game that it is trending?

HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
Curious.

Comments

• ChadiwickerChadiwicker Member UncommonPosts: 80
    A new module is coming out soon. Will include new PVE and PVP content.
  • bannstrbannstr Member Posts: 1

Bugs continue to be unaddressed.

* Bugged dungeons, even repeatedly reported as fixed in the patch notes, continue to stay bugged.

* Mail box bug (causes items to disappear) still outstanding after a year.

* etc [others can add to this list, but I am now done with this Publisher and Developer.  Never again...]

Auction House still exhibits evidence of duped items.

Little to no network/client security.  (It improved a little months AFTER release, but is still grossly lacking)

PvP hacks are spreading.  Speed hacks, immunity hacks, disconnect hacks, etc

Tickets to support fall on deaf ears, with responses that either that blames the ticket submitter directly for the problem, or denies their own capability to fix/resolve any matters, and closes tickets with a standard "We apologize for the inconvenience."

• zwei2zwei2 Member Posts: 361
    Module 3 is coming out, concerning Icewind Dale. The main catch is having pvp zones where players can battle out each other in the battlefield instance instead through the PVP arena. Also in game store's new items.....

The possibility of the universe collapsing into a singularity is higher than the birth of a perfect MMORPG.

• gekidogekido Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Originally posted by bannstr

* Bugged dungeons, even repeatedly reported as fixed in the patch notes, continue to stay bugged.

* etc [others can add to this list, but I am now done with this Publisher and Developer.  Never again...]

Little to no network/client security.  (It improved a little months AFTER release, but is still grossly lacking)

Tickets to support fall on deaf ears, with responses that either that blames the ticket submitter directly for the problem, or denies their own capability to fix/resolve any matters, and closes tickets with a standard "We apologize for the inconvenience."

7 years a member and your first post is about bugs in a thread related to the game's trending activity?  What the ****?  o_O

• TularkTulark Member Posts: 15
    That should tell you the level of their frustration.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Originally posted by gekido

7 years a member and your first post is about bugs in a thread related to the game's trending activity?  What the ****?  o_O

I've been playing for months and never witnessed any of these bugs.  A couple dungeons have had a couple bugs but that's it.  They've been patched though.  

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet

I've been playing for months and never witnessed any of these bugs.  A couple dungeons have had a couple bugs but that's it.  They've been patched though.  

I was going to say this too. I think this game  is kind of underated. But everytime i login its full of players in every zone. Most games can't make that claim. And the main city of Neverwinter is busy 24/7 and it might hickup once in a while but thats all.

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    It's trending because, PWI is paying the Chinese government to get  prisoners to trend it up. lol.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by Hariken

I was going to say this too. I think this game  is kind of underated. But everytime i login its full of players in every zone. Most games can't make that claim. And the main city of Neverwinter is busy 24/7 and it might hickup once in a while but thats all.

I was also going to say this.  Claims of all the "bugs" are grossly over-exaggerated, or just plain wrong.

It's been a tight game in my experience with it so far.  No real issues, and very fun to play.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• daisdais Member UncommonPosts: 95
    I haven't really seen a ton of bugs.  I ran into one where it prevented me from finishing a quest, but I logged off/back on and re-ran the instance and I was fine.  I haven't really seen anything else besides that.  To be honest I am kind of enjoying this game.  It seems like a nice little hidden gem.  It's not perfect, or a solid mainstream title, but for a F2P it's not bad.  I am only level 25 though but I haven't hit any major paywalls yet.  Not sure why it's trending...maybe because there is a lack of good games right now so people are searching for a new home?
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I just hit 60 on my Trickster rogue and i 'm loving all the end game content that they added. Its rare that i ever hit max lvl in most mmo's because i quit from bordom. But this game with its foundry and other content has been a blast. I just started a hunter ranger which is really fun to play also. 
    Originally posted by dais
    I haven't really seen a ton of bugs.  I ran into one where it prevented me from finishing a quest, but I logged off/back on and re-ran the instance and I was fine.  I haven't really seen anything else besides that.  To be honest I am kind of enjoying this game.  It seems like a nice little hidden gem.  It's not perfect, or a solid mainstream title, but for a F2P it's not bad.  I am only level 25 though but I haven't hit any major paywalls yet.  Not sure why it's trending...maybe because there is a lack of good games right now so people are searching for a new home?

Yeah it's a great MMO imo.  Has everything an MMO should with a great combat system, good graphics, good music etc.

And it's free!  You won't hit any paywalls at all which is awesome, and they don't bug you about spending money like some other ftp games (can't click on one box in SWTOR without a single that you should subscribe).

I have however paid money for a mount and even for a good weapon enchant (by converting zen to AD).  Those things aren't necessary though.

I think they really nailed the balance between having things to buy available and not requiring them.  Knowing that the game is actually free to play made me more apt to actually spend money because I didn't feel like I was being forced to.

Pretty excited for mod3 in a couple days.

Neverwinter seems to pop up in trending games while only having like 1 new forum thread a week.  
  • DracomonDracomon Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Neverwinter seems to pop up in trending games while only having like 1 new forum thread a week.  

Neverwinter has been a surprisingly good game. While it is not "the game" for me i am able to log in and .......... wait for it......... have fun. 

And as someone who plays a Dark Elf whenever i can i have to say it is the best looking DE i've seen. He runs like someone who is light and fast, the animations all flow nicely and the armor looks great.

While that isn't the grounds for a good game in itself, jump into ESO and play their DE. Its just a human with darker skin. 

It is the little things like that which help to immerse you into the game.

I only left Neverwinter because i wanted to be fresh for ESO, and i ended up with 3 characters at level 20 while in Neverwinter i have a 28 and a 56.

How the hell did i get to 56?

ps: i crested a hill last night in game and as i came over the rise i had the most excellent view of the sun coming through the clouds with the mountains in the background. And yes i stopped for a moment to enjoy the view.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

If only the animations weren't so atrocious :(

• zwei2zwei2 Member Posts: 361

Module 4 is coming out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*crickets*

The possibility of the universe collapsing into a singularity is higher than the birth of a perfect MMORPG.

• LigiLigi Member UncommonPosts: 119

I've been looking for a free mmropg for my kids  and I thought it was a no brainer because they love spiderman and all those marvel heroes.

The other day I installed marvel heroes online and to my surprise they all ( I have 3 kids) prefered to play Neverwinter and I ended up  uninstalling Marvel Heroes because Neverwinter is what they want.

If they get tired of it, I might consider installing Rift because its free also.

Anyway, I have at home a great barometer for games that apeal kids :)

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Mod 4  - Tyranny of Dragons - is due to launch August 14th with a new Warlock class and some skill adjustments to existing ones.

Imo the game has one of the best reduced skill bar set ups of the recent crop. Combat appears fluid and visuals are pretty good.

One post on here is pretty negative and lists a number of issues. I would say some of these where around at the original open beta launch, but that was quite a whle ago and doesn't reflect the current game quality.

What hasn't changed, and seems to be the norm for pwe games, is the pricing structure of the cash shop. These prices then directly affect the player auction house. Although you could possibly save up enough in game currency to buy essential high level items by grinding, it would take you years. By which time of course they would be out of date.

I say essential items. Not for pve, but pvp which is heavily gear dependent - a sure recipe for cash shop motivation for some.

However it is ftp, so for those who want to give it a try you can just load it up and give it a go.