Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

And US Megaserver is going down - in the middle of US prime time - Sat night

Comments

• strykr619strykr619 San Diego, CAPosts: 143Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DMKano

Gonna vent folks - if you don't want to read it - just skip it

/VENT_ON

Lots of pissed of guildies right now.

Sort of sad.

Zenimax does not seem like they were ready for this - their apparent inexperience/unreadiness in running a AAA MMO is showing right now.

Sorry to sound so bitter - but I am pissed off, as we had grand plans for tonight, and it's just been miserable.

/VENT_OFF

ROFL don't play MMORPG's then specially at launch because you will just end up raging. WoW for instance was down for hours at a time for almost a month after launch.

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,496Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Knotwood

Well lets look at the history of the timeline before we all lose our heads screaming doom and gloom.

1.  Servers went down twice in early access.  Once for 12 hours to fix major bugs, then second was 5 hours to polish the fix.

2.  Today.   Loading problems....

Yup looks like doom and gloom to me.

When the servers only have gone down 3 times since launch and people are screaming doom and gloom,  You KNOW this game is GOOD!!!   OHHH YEAH!! (Koolaid man!)

1. 14 hours not 12

2. We're approaching 2 hours - on Sat night prime time

There's no doom and gloom here - just reality of servers being down during prime time... it's just bad.

Doom and gloom is your label on this thread - there's no doom and gloom here - it's your way of trying to belittle this thread.

• reeereeereeereee Posts: 1,197Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by reeereee

/VENT_ON

Sort of sad.

Zenimax does not seem like they were ready for this - their apparent inexperience/unreadiness in running a AAA MMO is showing right now.

Sorry to sound so bitter - but I am pissed off, as we had grand plans for tonight, and it's just been miserable.

/VENT_OFF

I believe this is a case of the PvEers ruining your PvP experience again.

They're probably trying to fix the main Coldharbour story line quest as it has been buggy as hell the last 5 days leaving a huge amount of people in the upper 40s-50 range unable to progress as all the VR content is gated behind that story quest.

And yes I agree they do appear unready to run a AAA mmo.  If you're going to gate a huge part of the game behind quests, you had best make sure they aren't bugged. 

I don't think they aren't ready, I just think they have a really terrible and complex server structure that cause all types of issue. 

No, it was more a poor internal testing issue that people have been pointing out for ages. 

The Coldharbour story quest works fine if you're trying to solo it but when you have 40 people trying to to do it at the same time the quest bugs out and no one can progress until a day or two later when they fix that spot... then people do 15 more minutes of the quest where they hit another bottleneck that bugs out when more than a handful of people try and do it at the same time and we have to wait another day or two for them to fix that part... then 15 more minutes of the quest... and now the server is down hopefully fixing the latest bottleneck...

• venatsvenats Norristown, PAPosts: 106Member
    Originally posted by strykr619

/VENT_ON

Sort of sad.

/VENT_OFF

ROFL don't play MMORPG's then specially at launch because you will just end up raging. WoW for instance was down for hours at a time for almost a month after launch.

Why does everyone forget that GW1/2 exist and have had less downtime in their combined existence of 10+ years than ESO in a single week?

• TygranirTygranir Colordo Springs, COPosts: 741Member
    Originally posted by venats

/VENT_ON

Sort of sad.

/VENT_OFF

Why does everyone forget that GW1/2 exist and have had less downtime in their combined existence of 10+ years?

Because it isn't new. Give it 2 months, see where things are.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• chaintmchaintm Chicago, ILPosts: 972Member
    Not to mention what was said in another thread , it's not like we have multiple servers and only a few servers are down, it's one mega server and no one is playing period. It really is bad in that line of thinking , great if it works thou, but this is the major downfall of the system atm. So it's effects will be felt a 100 fold.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,261Member Uncommon

/VENT_ON

Sort of sad.

/VENT_OFF

Why does everyone forget that GW1/2 exist and have had less downtime in their combined existence of 10+ years than ESO in a single week?

because those were two really lousy  games.

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,496Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by chaintm
    Not to mention what was said in another thread , it's not like we have multiple servers and only a few servers are down, it's one mega server and no one is playing period. It really is bad in that line of thinking , great if it works thou, but this is the major downfall of the system atm. So it's effects will be felt a 100 fold.

Exactly - people are saying WoW's servers were down - well not ALL of them at once.

Huge difference.

Originally posted by Tygranir

/VENT_ON

Sort of sad.

/VENT_OFF

Why does everyone forget that GW1/2 exist and have had less downtime in their combined existence of 10+ years?

Because it isn't new. Give it 2 months, see where things are.

My statement is more aimed at the fact that everyone compares to WoW to make excuses when the fact of the matter is that other competition exists and that competition has shown that such instability is not "ok, everyone has the issue" or a standard of the genre.

Comparing downtimes of GW2 to ESO, a year and a half old game to a week and a half old game, with the latter already having been down for longer, is a baffling deficiency.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Posts: 758Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by kabitoshin
    Instead of being pissed about this I found myself something else to do.

lol like posting in this thread? hehe

The power of 2 monitors, unheard of I know.

• IvidnaelaxIvidnaelax East Ridge, TNPosts: 56Member Uncommon
    Should I log into my WoW account to let you know how many free days of game play they gave people in the first 3 - 6 months. I think things might be different if they had more than 1 server, instead of 1 megaserver. This is what I think is hurting them is the server can't handle the load that people are pushing on the game. They gave me 11 free days in the first 6 months. So saying WoW was great when it was released is ridiculous.
  • skeaserskeaser Wichita Falls, TXPosts: 3,847Member Uncommon

/VENT_ON

Sort of sad.

/VENT_OFF

False, GW1 had a 24 hour downtime in 2010.

Exactly - people are saying WoW's servers were down - well not ALL of them at once.

Huge difference.

Not all of ESO's servers are down, EU is still up and playable. Besides, IIRC, WoW goes down EVERY Tuesday for maintenance, all servers, at least when I was playing.

• TygranirTygranir Colordo Springs, COPosts: 741Member
    Originally posted by skeaser

/VENT_ON

Sort of sad.

/VENT_OFF

Huge difference.

Not all of ESO's servers are down, EU is still up and playable. Besides, IIRC, WoW goes down EVERY Tuesday for maintenance, all servers, at least when I was playing.

Yup, on Tuesday during work/school hours. Not primetime saturdays.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• ChannceChannce Sacramento, CAPosts: 570Member
    unless im missing it, ESO website only says they took it down, no ETA on a fix.

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

Originally posted by Tygranir

/VENT_ON

Sort of sad.

/VENT_OFF

Huge difference.

Yup, on Tuesday during work/school hours. Not primetime saturdays.

That wasn't the point that was being debated.

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,261Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Channce
    unless im missing it, ESO website only says they took it down, no ETA on a fix.

nope not missing a thing.  about 40 mins ago they said they would update within the hour...

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/615170/#Comment_615170

edit- update FEW MINUTES!!

And we're back up!
  • CoffeeBreakCoffeeBreak Mechanicsburg, PAPosts: 236Member
    Where the hell is Heathcliff when we need someone to scan the official forums for negative information to keep us informed.  There's got to be a post on the official support forums somewhere explaining about how the ESO megaserver was hacked by angry players who were tricked into paying money for Skyrim Online and it's NOTHING LIKE SKYRIM.
  • KyleranKyleran Tampa, FLPosts: 19,978Member Uncommon

/VENT_ON

Sort of sad.

/VENT_OFF

Huge difference.

Perhaps all of us on the NA server should log into the EU server and test its resiliency? image

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.
    "I don't have one life, I have many lives" - Grunty
    Still currently "subscribed" to EVE, and only EVE!!!
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

/VENT_ON

Sort of sad.

/VENT_OFF

Huge difference.

Perhaps all of us on the NA server should log into the EU server and test its resiliency? image

That was my point. If your server is down in any other MMO how does other servers without your toon being up help?

/VENT_ON

Sort of sad.

/VENT_OFF

You're right, I did forget about their transition over different server tech when the game went into retirement (which I doubt counts but I'll humor you). So we're looking at 40 hours over 10 years to about 20+ in a week? Good rate going there.

• chaintmchaintm Chicago, ILPosts: 972Member

/VENT_ON

Sort of sad.

/VENT_OFF

Huge difference.

Nothing against my over-seas brethren, but I could care less. If this was any other title, the % chance are smaller due to multiple servers. Hell even when sim city (that lovely piece of crap I bought) had server issues galore, they where smart enough to rotate servers out, just saying , I get it , but for me I would like to play the game I paid good money for , this thread emphasis that point, if it continues on like this (that's a big IF) I will be one among others I am sure, that won't go beyond the month, why should I invest time into a game I can only play on weekends that is up only part of the time I can play ?

What your definition of acceptable and mine are different, to me it's all about me and my friends in the guild. Self centered ? Sure, I bought it with my hard earned money , I would like to play on the evening I have time to do so. Beyond tonight I had Friday evening and maybe I will be lucky to get some time on Sunday, but back to work on Monday and other obligation.

Maybe to the younger people without the pressures of bills and others relying on them to give them electricity and more this is not an issue, for me and others I am sure it is. Meh stuff happens, I don't hold a grudge, as noted by the OP this just doesn't bold well for the company and my opinion of them  atm. If it keeps up, I will most likely move on.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

/VENT_ON

Sort of sad.

/VENT_OFF

Huge difference.

Nothing against my over-seas brethren, but I could care less. If this was any other title, the % chance are smaller due to multiple servers. Hell even when sim city (that lovely piece of crap I bought) had server issues galore, they where smart enough to rotate servers out, just saying , I get it , but for me I would like to play the game I paid good money for , this thread emphasis that point, if it continues on like this (that's a big IF) I will be one among others I am sure, that won't go beyond the month, why should I invest time into a game I can only play on weekends that is up only part of the time I can play ?

What your definition of acceptable and mine are different, to me it's all about me and my friends in the guild. Self centered ? Sure, I bought it with my hard earned money , I would like to play on the evening I have time to do so. Beyond tonight I had Friday evening and maybe I will be lucky to get some time on Sunday, but back to work on Monday and other obligation.

Maybe to the younger people without the pressures of bills and others relying on them to give them electricity and more this is not an issue, for me and others I am sure it is. Meh stuff happens, I don't hold a grudge, as noted by the OP this just doesn't bold well for the company and my opinion of them  atm. If it keeps up, I will most likely move on.

As an adult with a wife, kids and a dog, I don't see how $15/month is an issue. This is one downtime that happened during prime time, right after launch. How about we wait to see a trend before we get the pitchforks?

• Four0SixFour0Six Missoula, MTPosts: 1,181Member Uncommon

/VENT_ON

Sort of sad.

/VENT_OFF

Save your life DMK. Let it go man. Don't launch games, we all know this shit happens.

The stress over some pixels is going to explode a vein in your brain, and again, all it is over is pixels.

Totally not worth the heart attack.

In through the nose and out through the mouth.

( In all seriousness, you are taking games too serious )

• KuinnKuinn MestaPosts: 2,093Member
    I havent taken my retail CE even out of the wrappings it came with, and seems like it's going to have to stay like that for a couple of weeks yet! I'm afraid if I open the pack it compels me to also open the game box which would quickly lead me to install the game >_>' Better wait for a bit longer and get a smooth non-crowded and working experience :)