Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

And US Megaserver is going down - in the middle of US prime time - Sat night

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Wichita Falls, TXPosts: 3,849Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Asabell
    Originally posted by skeaser
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by RedCurry

I agree that the timing is bad. But, I really feel the game"s player base is taking off and we are witnessing growing pains as we speak. Reminds me of how WoW couldn't add servers fast enough right after vanilla launch.

This will only make ESO/Zenimax stronger going forward.

I wish all players had this attitude - but the reality is a bitch - especially when it comes to P2P games, gamers expect perfection for those $15 a month.

If this were F2P - almost everyone would give them a pass - but every outage ZOS has - costs them subs - that's reality.

ZOS is their own worst enemy right now - players are liking the game, but when you can't play - it's not good.

This is cutting an hour out of my planned play time. By my math that means I've been cheated out of  $0.02 at the rate of $0.50/day. Quit acting like $15 a month is a lot of money. It's a new MMO and it's got more uptime and less bugs than most launch MMOs I've played.

+1 to this ....the $15 a month cry gets old pretty fast .first time I've had prime time down time since day 1

Yup, 2 hours of minimum wage earnings to pay your share of O&M, overhead and profit per month. Not exactly a big chunk of change.

• venatsvenats Norristown, PAPosts: 106Member
    Originally posted by RedCurry

I agree that the timing is bad. But, I really feel the game"s player base is taking off and we are witnessing growing pains as we speak. Reminds me of how WoW couldn't add servers fast enough right after vanilla launch.

This will only make ESO/Zenimax stronger going forward.

Growing pains =/= really bad coding.

Their servers get more and more unstable with time and this wasn't a too many players issue because we're still only barely if ever seeing overflows appear. And the last time we saw overflow was because their servers were crapping themselves all on their own.

But ya, sure, the issue is they have a billion players all trying to log-in and crashing the servers because overflows don't exist on completely separate architecture and we've somehow outstripped the stress test parameters... which is next to impossible.

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,536Member Uncommon
    This is cutting an hour out of my planned play time. By my math that means I've been cheated out of  $0.02 at the rate of $0.50/day. Quit acting like $15 a month is a lot of money. It's a new MMO and it's got more uptime and less bugs than most launch MMOs I've played.

Not all play time is the same - that's the problem.

Sat night - guild night - you should hear the vent chat about now - folks are just pissed - rightfully so as many have ditched plans with their loved one for this.

That's what your math doesn't take into consideration - yes every hour is the same as far as $$ - but it's NOT the same in reality.

Sat nights/guild nights etc.. are a hell of a more valuable than an hour in the middle of the week when everyone is soloing.

So what value do you give it? If it's the only night you play per week and you play 4 hours each weekend then you're paying about a dollar an hour. It's a video game, how much pain and suffering are you being caused? I went and curled up on the couch with the wife and watched old X-Files on Amazon, not really the worst night of my life by far.

Again - your perspective is singular - as in "how does it affect me"

It's entirely different when you are in an active guild - it affects a large pool of people that all had an expectation of playing together, again - Saturday Nights are the most common "guild nights" for many games - having downtime during this is a lot worse than having it on tuesday morning when majority of players are working and not playing.

Consider it from a guild perspective - it's not the same.

• chaintmchaintm Chicago, ILPosts: 972Member Common

For me it's not about the money, if this is a one time deal or only here and there I won't have a problem, however if it is like other games I have played that have weekly weekend downtimes I definitely wouldn't sub after the free month, why? Because my interest will be peeked elsewhere when I have game time I want to game then, not on their time sorry.

Shit happens no doubt and this is not the first MMO to have this happen nor the last I am sure, but for me I know this is how it goes so it's probably safe to some what say others feel the same. In the end it only hurts the company not me, I can do something else (as others have said on this thread)  and would most likely if this becomes a weekly event for more then 3 weeks.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• ChannceChannce Sacramento, CAPosts: 570Member

The Sky is falling, the sky is falling....

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

• ChieftanChieftan Independence, MOPosts: 1,417Member
    It sucks but it'd probably be healthier for must of us if there was alot more downtime to keep us out of the game lol. 

• hayes303hayes303 Edmonton, ABPosts: 369Member

With all the giant bugs in the game, this is required. banks disappearing, items gone, login problems and still....all kinds of quest bugs.

I hope they keep it down until they fix some of these bugs.

• reeereeereeereee Posts: 1,203Member Uncommon

Gonna vent folks - if you don't want to read it - just skip it

/VENT_ON

Lots of pissed of guildies right now.

Sort of sad.

Zenimax does not seem like they were ready for this - their apparent inexperience/unreadiness in running a AAA MMO is showing right now.

Sorry to sound so bitter - but I am pissed off, as we had grand plans for tonight, and it's just been miserable.

/VENT_OFF

I believe this is a case of the PvEers ruining your PvP experience again.

They're probably trying to fix the main Coldharbour story line quest as it has been buggy as hell the last 5 days leaving a huge amount of people in the upper 40s-50 range unable to progress as all the VR content is gated behind that story quest.

And yes I agree they do appear unready to run a AAA mmo.  If you're going to gate a huge part of the game behind quests, you had best make sure they aren't bugged. 

• EspionEspion Northport, ALPosts: 56Member Uncommon
    Glad I waited for the discount boxes to start dropping!!
  • KeushpuppyKeushpuppy Wenatchee, WAPosts: 118Member Uncommon
    Hope they fixed what ever caused my roll back. A friend and I played for 5 hours yesterday and when we logged in to day  I was one level lower then yesterday and had to redo over half the qyests we did yesterday.
  • JHenryJHenry Downers Grove, ILPosts: 188Member
    So much for their 40 Eiffel long tower cable.

SOLA - www.solaguild.com
    (christian guild. Being christian is not required for membership though)

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,277Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by reeereee

Gonna vent folks - if you don't want to read it - just skip it

/VENT_ON

Lots of pissed of guildies right now.

Sort of sad.

Zenimax does not seem like they were ready for this - their apparent inexperience/unreadiness in running a AAA MMO is showing right now.

Sorry to sound so bitter - but I am pissed off, as we had grand plans for tonight, and it's just been miserable.

/VENT_OFF

I believe this is a case of the PvEers ruining your PvP experience again.

They're probably trying to fix the main Coldharbour story line quest as it has been buggy as hell the last 5 days leaving a huge amount of people in the upper 40s-50 range unable to progress as all the VR content is gated behind that story quest.

And yes I agree they do appear unready to run a AAA mmo.  If you're going to gate a huge part of the game behind quests, you had best make sure they aren't bugged. 

I don't think they aren't ready, I just think they have a really terrible and complex server structure that cause all types of issue. 

• RabenwolfRabenwolf Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,445Member

Just tried to log in and got the message about the server being down.

So like many I had the reaction "what the hell... during prime time on a saturday? are they crazy?" Glad to see others are expressing some of this frustration. 

I guess this is expected during launch periods but this is also a quick way to push subscribers to canceling after that crucial first-second month period. Hope they are making the right decision.

Not all play time is the same - that's the problem.

Sat night - guild night - you should hear the vent chat about now - folks are just pissed - rightfully so as many have ditched plans with their loved one for this.

That's what your math doesn't take into consideration - yes every hour is the same as far as $$ - but it's NOT the same in reality.

Sat nights/guild nights etc.. are a hell of a more valuable than an hour in the middle of the week when everyone is soloing.

So what value do you give it? If it's the only night you play per week and you play 4 hours each weekend then you're paying about a dollar an hour. It's a video game, how much pain and suffering are you being caused? I went and curled up on the couch with the wife and watched old X-Files on Amazon, not really the worst night of my life by far.

Again - your perspective is singular - as in "how does it affect me"

It's entirely different when you are in an active guild - it affects a large pool of people that all had an expectation of playing together, again - Saturday Nights are the most common "guild nights" for many games - having downtime during this is a lot worse than having it on tuesday morning when majority of players are working and not playing.

Consider it from a guild perspective - it's not the same.

Sure it is. It's still a video game and you'll still be able to catch up later. Missing one night of simulated siege warfare isn't worth stressing over.

• TygranirTygranir Colordo Springs, COPosts: 741Member
    Kinda glad I waited on this one.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Mesa, AZPosts: 1,090Member
    Did any of you guys get an error message upon logging in saying something about my account permissions not being authorized to play on the server?  
  • venatsvenats Norristown, PAPosts: 106Member
    Originally posted by Keushpuppy
    Hope they fixed what ever caused my roll back. A friend and I played for 5 hours yesterday and when we logged in to day  I was one level lower then yesterday and had to redo over half the qyests we did yesterday.

That bug's been around since early beta.

I wouldn't hold your breathe.

Originally posted by RebelScum99
    Did any of you guys get an error message upon logging in saying something about my account permissions not being authorized to play on the server?  

Just means the auth server is down - the wording is terrible, it makes it sound like you got banned.

They really need to reword that at some point.

• LydarSynnLydarSynn Jonestown, ALPosts: 182Member
    Originally posted by Tygranir
    Kinda glad I waited on this one.
    Same here but I'm not going near it until its FTP.

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,277Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Rabenwolf

Just tried to log in and got the message about the server being down.

So like many I had the reaction "what the hell... during prime time on a saturday? are they crazy?" Glad to see others are expressing some of this frustration. 

I guess this is expected during launch periods but this is also a quick way to push subscribers to canceling after that crucial first-second month period. Hope they are making the right decision.

This has gone a tad bit beyond normal imo. Couple the down time with the crashes during up time, and Zen has a problem. I played Wushu for 15 months, and didn't crash more than three times.  

Cool game with stability issues. It reminds me of early Planetside 2. 

Just means the auth server is down - the wording is terrible, it makes it sound like you got banned.

The message below the login field telling you the server is down isn't enough?

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Mesa, AZPosts: 1,090Member

Oh, okay.  Thank goodness.  I remember reporting a bunch of gold spammers this week, then reading some horror stories about people who did the reporting getting accidentally banned, so I was thinking "wtf, this is not good."  

Ah well, time to go do something else.  Maybe I'll fire up Diablo 3.

• KnotwoodKnotwood Missoula, MTPosts: 1,103Member

Well lets look at the history of the timeline before we all lose our heads screaming doom and gloom.

1.  Servers went down twice in early access.  Once for 12 hours to fix major bugs, then second was 5 hours to polish the fix.

2.  Today.   Loading problems....

Yup looks like doom and gloom to me.

When the servers only have gone down 3 times since launch and people are screaming doom and gloom,  You KNOW this game is GOOD!!!   OHHH YEAH!! (Koolaid man!)

Obviously not - people try to log in still without reading it.

The popup box should simply say "the server is down, cannot process login" - instead of not having account permissions or whatever it says.

The wording needs to be fixed - there's no defending it.

Obviously not - people try to log in still without reading it.

The popup box should simply say "the server is down, cannot process login" - instead of not having account permissions or whatever it says.

The wording needs to be fixed - there's no defending it.

When you open the patcher you get a pop-up saying it's down, then when you launch the client there's a message that it's down. They tell players twice that the servers are down. People should actually read, there's no defending it.