Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

And US Megaserver is going down - in the middle of US prime time - Sat night

Comments

• gonewildgonewild albion, NYPosts: 130Member

I realised they are inexperienced the moment they charged my card before the free 30 days are off.

This and only this was enough to say to zenimax go to fuck off

• RedCurryRedCurry Frisco, TXPosts: 70Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by RedCurry

I agree that the timing is bad. But, I really feel the game"s player base is taking off and we are witnessing growing pains as we speak. Reminds me of how WoW couldn't add servers fast enough right after vanilla launch.

This will only make ESO/Zenimax stronger going forward.

I wish all players had this attitude - but the reality is a bitch - especially when it comes to P2P games, gamers expect perfection for those $15 a month.

If this were F2P - almost everyone would give them a pass - but every outage ZOS has - costs them subs - that's reality.

ZOS is their own worst enemy right now - players are liking the game, but when you can't play - it's not good.

And all the early launch issues really hurt that little game called WoW.

I guess I've been lucky and have missed most of ESO's downtime up until now.

• laseritlaserit Vancouver, BCPosts: 1,933Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Octagon7711
    Didn't some people say they prefer P2P games because of the quality they put into the game?

A lot of new tech in this game, bound to be growing pains. Quality has nothing to do with the outage. Game screams quality whether you enjoy the game or not.

"If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you." - Bruce Lee

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,494Member Uncommon

I agree that the timing is bad. But, I really feel the game"s player base is taking off and we are witnessing growing pains as we speak. Reminds me of how WoW couldn't add servers fast enough right after vanilla launch.

I wish all players had this attitude - but the reality is a bitch - especially when it comes to P2P games, gamers expect perfection for those $15 a month.

If this were F2P - almost everyone would give them a pass - but every outage ZOS has - costs them subs - that's reality.

ZOS is their own worst enemy right now - players are liking the game, but when you can't play - it's not good.

And all the early launch issues really hurt that little game called WoW.

I guess I've been lucky and have missed most of ESO's downtime up until now.

Early start on day 3 had a 14 hour outage for US Megaserver.

Also - you just can't compare anything to WoW - it's an anomaly, it's very likely that'll we'll never see another 12million subs game period.

ESO is not WoW - sorry, not even close - ESO must execute flawlessly to have a fighting chance of even have decent retention numbers - let alone growing the playerbase to 12 million.

• DatawarlockDatawarlock Eden Prairie, MNPosts: 338Member

Gonna vent folks - if you don't want to read it - just skip it

/VENT_ON

Lots of pissed of guildies right now.

Sort of sad.

Zenimax does not seem like they were ready for this - their apparent inexperience/unreadiness in running a AAA MMO is showing right now.

Sorry to sound so bitter - but I am pissed off, as we had grand plans for tonight, and it's just been miserable.

/VENT_OFF

Maybe the expectations are too high from calling it a AAA game when clearly it's an A at best.

• WrenderWrender Conway, ARPosts: 1,386Member
    This is just awesome. People complaining because the server went down! Well it went down because there was like eleventy million subscribers all trying to log in at the same time. No Zenimax was unprepared for this the second weekend after release for the number of players. Kinda reminds me of when Blizzard was also unprepared. This is just awesome though because this supports the fact that this game is gonna be the #1 game to play. I'm loving the experience so far. Unlike any mmo I have ever played and the rabbit hole only goes deeper and deeper. Incredible potential with future additions. Incredible game. Finally, World of Warcraft has left the building. As well as most other mmo's at this time have also. TESO is gonna rule after they get the game stabilized ... No worries!
  • TaranxTaranx Victoria, BCPosts: 153Member
    Just give us more than "We will let you know when done". Should I go out to a movie? Go to bed and get up early to play. Give me any ETA 1, 2 3 4 5 6 hrs?
  • laseritlaserit Vancouver, BCPosts: 1,933Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Taranx
    Just give us more than "We will let you know when done". Should I go out to a movie? Go to bed and get up early to play. Give me any ETA 1, 2 3 4 5 6 hrs?

I totally agree:

Leaving people in the dark will only piss em off

"If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you." - Bruce Lee

Originally posted by Wrender
    This is just awesome. People complaining because the server went down! Well it went down because there was like eleventy million subscribers all trying to log in at the same time. No Zenimax was unprepared for this the second weekend after release for the number of players. Kinda reminds me of when Blizzard was also unprepared. This is just awesome though because this supports the fact that this game is gonna be the #1 game to play. I'm loving the experience so far. Unlike any mmo I have ever played and the rabbit hole only goes deeper and deeper. Incredible potential with future additions. Incredible game. Finally, World of Warcraft has left the building. As well as most other mmo's at this time have also. TESO is gonna rule after they get the game stabilized ... No worries!

Huh?

It went down during PRIME TIME - yes players are going to say - "oh this is awesome!" 

People want to play the game they paid $$ for - your spin on making this into a positive is absurd.

Oh there not going anywhere. If they are like me after playing this game they are finding it incredibly hard to log into anything else right now. Finally I can go to bed now. TESO will rule the MMO world very soon I have no doubt at all.

Originally posted by Wrender

Huh?

It went down during PRIME TIME - yes players are going to say - "oh this is awesome!" 

People want to play the game they paid $$ for - your spin on making this into a positive is absurd.

Like I said, there's eleventy billion people already playing and wants to continue playing. How can that NOT be a positive?

• TigsKCTigsKC Kansas City, MOPosts: 145Member Uncommon

Enjoying the game, but :(

Makes me question the megaserver model...

• ZigZagsZigZags Modesto, CAPosts: 328Member

Gonna vent folks - if you don't want to read it - just skip it

/VENT_ON

Lots of pissed of guildies right now.

Sort of sad.

Zenimax does not seem like they were ready for this - their apparent inexperience/unreadiness in running a AAA MMO is showing right now.

Sorry to sound so bitter - but I am pissed off, as we had grand plans for tonight, and it's just been miserable.

/VENT_OFF

OMG server issues in the first weeks of release!? Im dumbfounded! This has NEVER happened before in MMO launch history EVER and is totally uncalled for!!!

/SARCASM_OFF

Now: Skyrim
    Later: ?
    Played: M59, UO, EQ, Runescape, DAOC, SB, EQ2, WoW, EVE, Darkfall, AoC, FFXI, FFXIV, WAR, SWTOR
    BOYCOTTING: EA/BioWare/Origin/SOE

• BrizlynBrizlyn Ladera Ranch, CAPosts: 70Member Uncommon

this is the first downtime that's affected my gameplay since beginning of 5 day early access...i guess i've been lucky! or it's that i work full time and can't play until around 8 or 9 pm each night :)

anyways, does suck that it's down prime time on a sat, but better to get it working and stop the missing inventory issue asap.  i haven't had any issues with it yet, but seeing a lot of forum posts about it.

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 5,606Member Uncommon

I'm glad it went down. The load times were horrendous and a lot of us were hoping for a re-start to get around one bugged quest (AD in Reaper's March - part of Queen's quest line) that was not fixable by re-logging.

Yeah it sucks that it's down during prime time but it was a pretty shitty prime time tonight.

• AtrigoAtrigo Scottsdale, AZPosts: 44Member
    Originally posted by TigsKC

Enjoying the game, but :(

Makes me question the megaserver model...

+1

• skeaserskeaser Wichita Falls, TXPosts: 3,847Member Uncommon

This is cutting an hour out of my planned play time. By my math that means I've been cheated out of  $0.02 at the rate of $0.50/day. Quit acting like $15 a month is a lot of money. It's a new MMO and it's got more uptime and less bugs than most launch MMOs I've played.

Originally posted by Iselin

I'm glad it went down. The load times were horrendous and a lot of us were hoping for a re-start to get around one bugged quest (AD in Reaper's March - part of Queen's quest line) that was not fixable by re-logging.

Yeah it sucks that it's down during prime time but it was a pretty shitty prime time tonight.

I just hope now that it's back up soon - as we're coming up on 1 hour now - was really hoping for one of those quick 30min outages.

Oh well.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Posts: 758Member Uncommon
    Instead of being pissed about this I found myself something else to do.
    Originally posted by skeaser
    This is cutting an hour out of my planned play time. By my math that means I've been cheated out of  $0.02 at the rate of $0.50/day. Quit acting like $15 a month is a lot of money. It's a new MMO and it's got more uptime and less bugs than most launch MMOs I've played.

Not all play time is the same - that's the problem.

Sat night - guild night - you should hear the vent chat about now - folks are just pissed - rightfully so as many have ditched plans with their loved one for this.

That's what your math doesn't take into consideration - yes every hour is the same as far as $$ - but it's NOT the same in reality.

Sat nights/guild nights etc.. are a hell of a more valuable than an hour in the middle of the week when everyone is soloing.

• chaintmchaintm Chicago, ILPosts: 972Member
    Originally posted by kabitoshin
    Instead of being pissed about this I found myself something else to do.

lol like posting in this thread? hehe

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• AsabellAsabell Belleville, ONPosts: 18Member

+1 to this ....the $15 a month cry gets old pretty fast .first time I've had prime time down time since day 1

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,260Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Iselin

Cyrodiil was crisp and clean.

• TalketzantoTalketzanto Posts: 203Member Uncommon
  • skeaserskeaser Wichita Falls, TXPosts: 3,847Member Uncommon

Not all play time is the same - that's the problem.

Sat night - guild night - you should hear the vent chat about now - folks are just pissed - rightfully so as many have ditched plans with their loved one for this.

That's what your math doesn't take into consideration - yes every hour is the same as far as $$ - but it's NOT the same in reality.

Sat nights/guild nights etc.. are a hell of a more valuable than an hour in the middle of the week when everyone is soloing.

So what value do you give it? If it's the only night you play per week and you play 4 hours each weekend then you're paying about a dollar an hour. It's a video game, how much pain and suffering are you being caused? I went and curled up on the couch with the wife and watched old X-Files on Amazon, not really the worst night of my life by far.