Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

And US Megaserver is going down - in the middle of US prime time - Sat night

DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,541Member Uncommon

Gonna vent folks - if you don't want to read it - just skip it

/VENT_ON

Lots of pissed of guildies right now.

Sort of sad.

Zenimax does not seem like they were ready for this - their apparent inexperience/unreadiness in running a AAA MMO is showing right now.

Sorry to sound so bitter - but I am pissed off, as we had grand plans for tonight, and it's just been miserable.

/VENT_OFF

Comments

• joe2721joe2721 las vegas, NVPosts: 161Member
    I am hoping that they are fixing the long loading  issue

• ElikalElikal ValhallaPosts: 7,906Member Uncommon
    Sigh. Guess they don't have their own server technology under control. Weird, wasn't this what beta was for?

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,541Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by joe2721
    I am hoping that they are fixing the long loading  issue

Cyrodiil was unplayable - folks were getting kicked constantly - 

I'll take long load times over stability any day.

• ChicagoCubChicagoCub Chicago, ILPosts: 301Member
    I'm just glad they decided to actually fix something.   Timing could have been better but hey, baby steps.
    Originally posted by Elikal
    Sigh. Guess they don't have their own server technology under control. Weird, wasn't this what beta was for?

IMO - they never got the numbers in beta to fully stress test.

We've never had issue like this in beta in Cyrodiil - tonight was just unplayable.

Originally posted by ChicagoCub
    I'm just glad they decided to actually fix something.   Timing could have been better but hey, baby steps.

Oh I agree - there was no other option - the server was cratering right in front of everyone's eyes - it was getting progressively worse.

• STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Sacramento, CAPosts: 290Member

I'll agree with thOP

Gimmee a break on the timing.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Algo Star SystemPosts: 651Member Uncommon

I got trapped in a never ending loading screen.  I'm glad it's coming down.  They need to fix this bs.

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,279Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DMKano

Gonna vent folks - if you don't want to read it - just skip it

/VENT_ON

Lots of pissed of guildies right now.

Sort of sad.

Zenimax does not seem like they were ready for this - their apparent inexperience/unreadiness in running a AAA MMO is showing right now.

Sorry to sound so bitter - but I am pissed off, as we had grand plans for tonight, and it's just been miserable.

/VENT_OFF

Super lame. I couldn't get into Cyrodiil for 2+ hours lastnight, alt-f4'n out of never ending load screens. Now this tonight... 

Oh I agree - there was no other option - the server was cratering right in front of everyone's eyes - it was getting progressively worse.

I assume it was unavoidable. Still, another of these "server coming down in 1 min" announcements. And no ETA. Even a vague ETA would be better than none. Minutes? Hours? Will servers be back soon, or can we go to bed, because it will be 8 hours like last time?

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Huntsville, ALPosts: 1,365Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight

I got trapped in a never ending loading screen.  I'm glad it's coming down.  They need to fix this bs.

A lot of those long loads tonight.  Hopefully it won't be down long and we can at least see it running better soon.

Hopefully.

• RavenmaneRavenmane Pensacola, FLPosts: 246Member
    I would rather have stability over long load times.  Plus this resets things and quests that had bugged out before have a possiblity of resetting and working.  Yeah, I get frustration because it's Saturday night but I'll give them a break on the fact it's their first mmo, it's a new mmo (so bugs and issues galore at launch), and they're making a decision based on pros and cons (long loads or instability).

"If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is probably the answer."
  • AtrigoAtrigo Scottsdale, AZPosts: 44Member
    I CTD once and 10 mins later the servers came down. I had been playing for about 2 hours with no issues. debating on jumping in SWToR now for dbl exp. lol
  • vandal5627vandal5627 Jersey City, NJPosts: 586Member Uncommon
    Man, I broke down and bought it tonight, was so excited to play after the download was done played for about 20 mins and then BAM!!! Maintenance..../sadface hopefully they fix what they need to fix because the 20 mins that I got to play it, it was really enjoyable, I'm liking the way they do their quests, it's not like any other game these days.
  • chaintmchaintm Chicago, ILPosts: 972Member Common
    Be ready for a push back thou, people complaining in the forums about empty banks.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

Originally posted by chaintm
    Be ready for a push back thou, people complaining in the forums about empty banks.

That sounds like a longer downtime. Oh well, guess we can all go to sleep then.

• KyleranKyleran Tampa, FLPosts: 20,000Member Uncommon

I assume it was unavoidable. Still, another of these "server coming down in 1 min" announcements. And no ETA. Even a vague ETA would be better than none. Minutes? Hours? Will servers be back soon, or can we go to bed, because it will be 8 hours like last time?

Don't you live in Germany? Shouldn't you be just getting ready to wake up? image

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.
    "I don't have one life, I have many lives" - Grunty
    Still currently "subscribed" to EVE, and only EVE!!!
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• lttexxanlttexxan levelland, TXPosts: 419Member Uncommon

For 3 days now I can only log in sporatically.

I get "This computer is not authorized"...please enter "Access Code".

The access code is never emailed to me....never once in 3 days.

I try to log in after 15-30 mins and I get in no problem.

Next time I log out...whole process begins again.

According to their own support email replies I have gotten...they are aware of this issue but have no idea why it is happening or how it can be fixed.

I love this game.

The irony of not being able to log in when I want without all this bullshit everytime...is well heartbreaking.

If they don't get this simple thing fixed soon..well according to the 8 pages of postd in their own forums about others experiencing the same issue...many like myself will not subscribe.

This is an excellent game....when I am allowed to log in and play it.

It's better to lurk in forums and be thought a fool...than to endlessly "Quote" and remove all doubts.

• RedCurryRedCurry Frisco, TXPosts: 70Member Uncommon

I agree that the timing is bad. But, I really feel the game"s player base is taking off and we are witnessing growing pains as we speak. Reminds me of how WoW couldn't add servers fast enough right after vanilla launch.

This will only make ESO/Zenimax stronger going forward.

• RigamortisRigamortis Nextdoor, CAPosts: 202Member Common

Zenimax simply needs to hand over server control to Chuck Norris beard and there would never be any down time or maintenance.  Problem Solved.

-Rig

• ShamorauShamorau melbournePosts: 173Member Uncommon
    As an Aussie we are sort of used games doing there maintenance periods in our prime time. Deal with it. go do something else. these are the replies we usually get, so i find this ironic.
    Originally posted by RedCurry

I agree that the timing is bad. But, I really feel the game"s player base is taking off and we are witnessing growing pains as we speak. Reminds me of how WoW couldn't add servers fast enough right after vanilla launch.

I wish all players had this attitude - but the reality is a bitch - especially when it comes to P2P games, gamers expect perfection for those $15 a month.

If this were F2P - almost everyone would give them a pass - but every outage ZOS has - costs them subs - that's reality.

ZOS is their own worst enemy right now - players are liking the game, but when you can't play - it's not good.

Originally posted by Kyleran

Don't you live in Germany? Shouldn't you be just getting ready to wake up? image

I have a reverse sleep cycle. I go to bed when the sun goes up. Go figure. image

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Chicago, ILPosts: 1,516Member Uncommon
    Didn't some people say they prefer P2P games because of the quality they put into the game?

"Change is the only constant."

• laseritlaserit Vancouver, BCPosts: 1,949Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by RedCurry

I wish all players had this attitude - but the reality is a bitch - especially when it comes to P2P games, gamers expect perfection for those $15 a month.

If this were F2P - almost everyone would give them a pass - but every outage ZOS has - costs them subs - that's reality.

ZOS is their own worst enemy right now - players are liking the game, but when you can't play - it's not good.

So true... and I bet they're working there butts off trying to get her back online.

I sense another game time credit.

"If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you." - Bruce Lee