Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: The Expansion Campaign

SadSwordfishSadSwordfish Member CommonPosts: 78

< GW2 Expansion to be announced on Tuesday?

- I don't think ArenaNet is going to make new classes. They covered all their archertypes in mixed configurations with the current bunch. There are traces of the monk and paragon in the Guardian, the assassin in the thief. Perhaps the Deverish though. But Deverish have not been practical due to Lore reasons. It's a very loved class though. 

- New weapon types. I think ArenaNet will try to diversify the amount of different builds people can make while not breaking balance, by introducing new weapon types instead. Colin has mentioned they want a melee weapon for Engineer.

Others have suggested they might make some kind of land-polearm for many classes. Throwing spears? halberd? boo staff? Many of the spear/tridents models from the underwater parts of the game might be useable in new ways as land weapons.

Whip, flail, crossbows and two-handed axe are weapons that have been suggested by the community as well.

- No increased level cap. It wouldn't serve any purpose with the way scaling works in GW2. 

- Legendary Armor incoming. If the expansion will be in 2015 it could make sense. It seems unlikely that legendary armor will be in before that.

- Tengu playable race. Tengu have been hinted at throughout the games life, and even before. In the game the Tengu guard the walls in places like Lions Arch (nowhere to be found during the fall of Lions Arch) and in Kessel Hills behind a great wall. They also guard another wall in Ebonhawke. 

- New areas will be maguma waste and crystal desert. Two areas that were in the first game. Crystal Desert makes a lot of sense. Nothing is known about what is going on in Elona and Cantha. Supposedly a big elder dragon is in the desert. Could that be the antagonist?

- The deep water dragon awakened at the end of LS S1 at Scarletts demise. Could that be the main antagonist? Could it be possible that the expansion would deal with two elder dragons? The longer an elder dragon sleeps, the more powerful it becomes. If deep water dragon was awaken prematurely, it might be more weak than the one which lives in the crystal desert!

That's what I think they will do. I wonder if they will do anything with Orr, or transfer to new lvl 80-esque areas. Everyone wants to hear more about Elona and Cantha. Cantha more than anything!

Comments

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

They've talked about fixing Orr in the past to make it more usable, so I could see them doing renovations.

I feel at this point that they need to add a new profession or two just to liven things up, in addition to more weapon types available to all professions.

They could add a dervish type profession. Just because the gods are gone doesn't mean the dervish can't exist in some form. If you look at the human racials, they are steeped with the power of the gods. Hell, for all we know, the new expansion could be a resurgence of the gods and the dervish would make perfect sense. Although, if they added just one new profession they would most likely make a heavy armor wearer since it's the only armor type with 2 professions wearing it. 

I just hate that we have to wait until Tuesday now. The timing makes me think it's about the feature patch and that there's more to it than they've let on. Who knows.

• xXStarstruckXxxXStarstruckXx Member Posts: 23

wonderful, they really want to kill WvW and have it filled with pve players with no clue how things work.

oh well-.-

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

There is only 2 heavy armor professions so I could see another one in an expansion.

Although later in the twitter they say it is about the feature pack and Living World season 2 preview.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223

If there will be a bard class or dual-claw type class i will definitely return.

beLIEve

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

whatever happens, I will be glad to get past this Living story timeout period

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571

Not a great fan of GW2 (i liked GW1 much more) but i have to congrats them for a quality game with lots of content and well paced content additions, considering also there is no sub fee in the game.

Btw Aprils Feature Pack looks very promising.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by xXStarstruckXx

wonderful, they really want to kill WvW and have it filled with pve players with no clue how things work.

oh well-.-

It's better then the current "follow the zerg&commander" elitist pvp that is going on now.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263

Hype title !!!!

Change the topic title, confuse people who come to look at something you do not know if it's true or not.

l2p

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Ok, first, tweeting news that there will be news at some undisclosed point in the future as a form of hype is about as lame as it gets in the media world.  

Second, didn't they tweet several months ago (December or January) that something monolithically, gargantuanly, enormously BIG was coming to GW2, complete with hyperbole that it would be better than any expansion ever could be?  Is this just another extension of that (4 months later lol - the future news is still coming!), or was some of that earlier hyperbole supposed to refer to Lion's Arch?  Either way, it can't be categorized as anything other than lame or disappointing.  

To be clear, I love GW2.  What I hate is cheap, fake media hype.  It not only doesn't work, it actively hurts the game it's trying to hype once the shroud dissipates, as well as hurts the reputation of the media source.  You can only cry wolf so many times before you lose your credibility.  

• khamul787khamul787 Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Originally posted by SadSwordfish

- The deep water dragon awakened at the end of LS S1 at Scarletts demise. Could that be the main antagonist? Could it be possible that the expansion would deal with two elder dragons? The longer an elder dragon sleeps, the more powerful it becomes. If deep water dragon was awaken prematurely, it might be more weak than the one which lives in the crystal desert!

Not the deep sea dragon. It was Mordromoth, the jungle dragon, that was awakened. He's up in the Maguuma jungle/wastes west of Metrica. 

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

It's worth noting that the original tweet was later followed up with one that said that he was talking about 1.  The feature patch coming up and 2.  Some of the content of the upcoming Living Story Episode 2.

Not an expansion.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673
    Originally posted by Meowhead

It's worth noting that the original tweet was later followed up with one that said that he was talking about 1.  The feature patch coming up and 2.  Some of the content of the upcoming Living Story Episode 2.

Not an expansion.

Well, Living Story is their chosen method of delivering content that would have been packed into an expansion, so technically the title is kinda right.

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    They haven't scrapped the exansions entirely; but i wouldn't expect one before 2015.
  • AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    I respect them. A quality mmo with a good pace in adding content, especially while its sub free. Despite i don't play much anymore, i hope the best for GW2. Btw i ll try the new patch to see how it feels :)
  • SadSwordfishSadSwordfish Member CommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by khamul787
    Originally posted by SadSwordfish

Not the deep sea dragon. It was Mordromoth, the jungle dragon, that was awakened. He's up in the Maguuma jungle/wastes west of Metrica. 

Right. It will be interesting to see what they do with Maguuma. It was a great area in GW1!