It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
- I don't think ArenaNet is going to make new classes. They covered all their archertypes in mixed configurations with the current bunch. There are traces of the monk and paragon in the Guardian, the assassin in the thief. Perhaps the Deverish though. But Deverish have not been practical due to Lore reasons. It's a very loved class though.
- New weapon types. I think ArenaNet will try to diversify the amount of different builds people can make while not breaking balance, by introducing new weapon types instead. Colin has mentioned they want a melee weapon for Engineer.
Others have suggested they might make some kind of land-polearm for many classes. Throwing spears? halberd? boo staff? Many of the spear/tridents models from the underwater parts of the game might be useable in new ways as land weapons.
Whip, flail, crossbows and two-handed axe are weapons that have been suggested by the community as well.
- No increased level cap. It wouldn't serve any purpose with the way scaling works in GW2.
- Legendary Armor incoming. If the expansion will be in 2015 it could make sense. It seems unlikely that legendary armor will be in before that.
- Tengu playable race. Tengu have been hinted at throughout the games life, and even before. In the game the Tengu guard the walls in places like Lions Arch (nowhere to be found during the fall of Lions Arch) and in Kessel Hills behind a great wall. They also guard another wall in Ebonhawke.
- New areas will be maguma waste and crystal desert. Two areas that were in the first game. Crystal Desert makes a lot of sense. Nothing is known about what is going on in Elona and Cantha. Supposedly a big elder dragon is in the desert. Could that be the antagonist?
- The deep water dragon awakened at the end of LS S1 at Scarletts demise. Could that be the main antagonist? Could it be possible that the expansion would deal with two elder dragons? The longer an elder dragon sleeps, the more powerful it becomes. If deep water dragon was awaken prematurely, it might be more weak than the one which lives in the crystal desert!
That's what I think they will do. I wonder if they will do anything with Orr, or transfer to new lvl 80-esque areas. Everyone wants to hear more about Elona and Cantha. Cantha more than anything!