Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try to defend it as long as you like the outcome will be the same.

RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

To all blind people that dont have enough experience about games and they are simply amazed from the first week saying this will be the next big mmo,wow killer and other bullshit like that.

I come here to tell you that no matter how hard you try to defend eso the game will end up buy to play or free to play.

Having try all major mmos i come to say that this game is worse than starwars and gw2.

Why it's worse?

Not because of graphics or sound or combat or anything like that.

The game misses one very important aspect of all games.To captivate the interest of the players in a magical charming way.

In one word the game gets boring very fast.

It's the first time in my life i played only a few days and not even care what will happen next.

At least swtor and gw 2 gave me that feeling.

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Not a single fuck was given.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • MadatanMadatan Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Originally posted by RelGn

To all blind people that dont have enough experience about games and they are simply amazed from the first week saying this will be the next big mmo,wow killer and other bullshit like that.

I come here to tell you that no matter how hard you try to defend eso the game will end up buy to play or free to play.

Having try all major mmos i come to say that this game is worse than starwars and gw2.

Why it's worse?

The game misses one very important aspect of all games.To captivate the interest of the players in a magical charming way.

It's the first time in my life i played only a few days and not even care what will happen next.

Good, thank you for that! Now I don't have to play it anymore because you clearly know how I'm going to feel about it soon. Cheers!

• DaOrcDaOrc Member Posts: 49
    Oh look someone things the MMORPG forums are their personal diary and thinks they opinion matters.  Hard to take the opinion of a ArcheAge fan seriously.
  • JHenryJHenry Member Posts: 188
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight

SOLA - www.solaguild.com
    (christian guild. Being christian is not required for membership though)

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

The game can be extremely grindy for a modern day MMO.

It certainly is one of the roughest launches i've seen in a while.

It has its good points though.

But it doesn't exactly make one a prophet to proclaim some game isn't a WOW killer.  It was the next big MMO though and has been for a while at least so you're kind of wrong on that point.  The next big MMO now is Wildstar.  

Probably will end up buy/free to play eventually.  And its probably going to snow in Russia.  Also, water is going to be wet.

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by JHenry
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight

• Swids2010Swids2010 Member Posts: 244

I keep playing for a little bit then end up logging off with the feeling is it worth investing am I actually going to sub for me I'm not finding anything better the GW2 I don't play that anymore but I cant see how this is worth a sub when GW2 for me was much more polished and gave a lot more content. They have said they will justify sub but I just cant see it.

For me and a lot of people GW2 set a standard with its free to play and if it isn't a lot better the GW2 I just cant bring myself to put money into a lesser product.

I know I haven't been playing GW2 recently but I'm thinking heavily about going back.

• crasset15crasset15 Member UncommonPosts: 194

I have made a very important discovery about my gaming 'career' recently. I enjoy games a lot more if I avoid any website or forum where players have freedom of speech about said game. The amount of tryhards on this website bashing ESO is getting close to comical, and I'd advise anyone playing the game (I don't), to simply not visit any forum about it.

Most of the random stuff people whine about goes completely unnoticed by the majority of individual players, but when they read garbage like this thread and others, they will get irritated themselves by the same things, like it or not, and view the game in a more negative light as a result.

So basically, focus on the positive not the negative, because at the end of the day, we all play these games because we like them, not because everything is broken in them and we want to spread the whine on the internet. All you are accomplishing with a thread like this is helping make the community of this game more bitter and negative.

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Why it's worse?

It may become FTP , there is no arguing here..Why are you also trying to make it sound like BTP or FTP is a bad thing ? Isn't FTP the modern standard for all MMO's succesful or not ?

I Think It will keep it's subscription status for atleast..6 Months to a year..

But the rest of your opinions is just your own ...I Think GW2 had a laughable World and lore at best , SWTOR was good but the soft nature of this IP didn't really interesst an older guy like me anymore, aspecially not with the cartoonish Graphics they are offering..

I feel they did a really good job with ESO however, and It totally captivates me..and both of your examples didnt capture me at all..

• DaOrcDaOrc Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by thark

Why it's worse?

It may become FTP , there is no arguing here..Why are you also trying to make it sound like BTP or FTP is a bad thing ? Isn't FTP the modern standard for all MMO's succesful or not ?

I Think It will keep it's subscription status for atleast..6 Months to a year..

But the rest of your opinions is just your own ...I Think GW2 had a laughable World and lore at best , SWTOR was good but the soft nature of this IP didn't really interesst an older guy like me anymore, aspecially not with the cartoonish Graphics they are offering..

I feel they did a really good job with ESO however, and It totally captivates me..and both of your examples didnt capture me at all..

For some reason people like to force their opinion on others, the OPs post is a great example of this.  I thought GW2 was one of the most forgetful MMOs I played.  SWTOR was ok.  ESO so far is extremely immersive and addicting as long as they polish the game and fix the bugs.

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784
    Honestly, if it went B2P I would buy it then. It doesn't need to completely go F2P to make more money IMO. The sub fee, while some don't think it's much, is still a paywall that some just don't want to deal with. 
  • VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

OP is like one of those crazy dudes who stands outside a train station telling everyone to repent because the world is about to end.

Best response? Keep on walking.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Don't agree. Not a metter of defending the game either just a matter of business economics.

First let me say that TESO should have launched as b2p. Having launched as a sub game however it "can't" go back. Yes I know TSW has changed but it retains the legacy of having launched with a sub.

And that legacy is lower initial sales. Sweeping statement: TESO will sell a lot less copies with a sub in its first three months / six months / year than it would have done if it had not had a sub.

As a b2p game from day 1 it could have been looking at selling the Adventure Zone DLC, a Dark Brotherhood DLC, a Thieves Guild DLC and so on to a large and growing population of users. And with high box sales a DLC take up as low as 10% would generate the same revenue as a few million subscribers. TESO - the core game - would be the equivalent of Steam or Origin. And the game would keep selling.

Having launched with a sub ...it has a "legacy" that it has to live with. Same legacy that would impede a f2p conversion as well. The big f2p games have truly huge numbers - and they tend to be free-to-buy as well. So it will find a level of subs and, imo, continue on its path, with 50k, or 500k, or 5M subs - whatever. 

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Why it's worse?

Do you know what? I don't care what you think. 

I have tried a lot of MMOs, to me everything besides WoW and GW1 is trash. Do you see me make threads bashing those games? No. Cause I moved on. Maybe it's something you should try. 

If anything, it's not people that praise this game that are annoying but people like YOU. People who like this game want to discuss it, what's bad about that? People being excited something they like? You know what's said though? People like you who just waste their time bashing games.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    See you ingame!

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Madatan

Why it's worse?

Good, thank you for that! Now I don't have to play it anymore because you clearly know how I'm going to feel about it soon. Cheers!

OP apparently is THE benchmark for all games out there, better take him serious, after alll, he has tried all major mmo's so he knows what's best for you, especially as we are all blind according to his 1st line.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by DaOrc
    Oh look someone things the MMORPG forums are their personal diary and thinks they opinion matters.  Hard to take the opinion of a ArcheAge fan seriously.

What do you think this forum exists for?  It exist for fans of the genre to share their thoughts and feelings on the genre. What you should ask is, if  your opinion on his opinion matters. It adds nothing to the discussions of this game or any other game.

in other words Smarten up dum-dum!

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Theodwulf
    Originally posted by DaOrc

What do you think this forum exists for?  It exist for fans of the genre to share their thoughts and feelings on the genre. What you should ask is, if  your opinion on his opinion matters. It adds nothing to the discussions of this game or any other game.

in other words Smarten up dum-dum!

"It exist for fans of the genre to share their thoughts and feelings"

Sharing your opinions is kinda different then telling others they are idiots and they are THE authority to take serious, while posting such stuff you insult others and make yourself look stupid trying to convince others that you are smart.

Posting stuff like that it is better to have a good flamesuit ready. Unless you are a troll, then it's +1 for every reply and wait for the forum mods to issue a ban/warning for posting troll threads.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Well I really like the freedom of my character to make him play like I want. Sorcerer in plate? Fuck yeah.

I hope not f2p - would hate to pay € to respec or pay for new content like in defiance.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

No need to defend the game. If you're having a good time, then great. If not, sorry you wasted your money. Personally, I love the hell out of this game. Never before have I been so engaged in a story. I'm typically a PvP player as well, and I haven't even touched the PvP yet because I'm enjoying the PvE so much. I'm also not trying to hardcore level in this game. I'm taking it easy. Few hours here and there each day. Up to level 28 and about to login again. 

As far as 'WoW killers' go - the only thing that will kill WoW is time. No singular game will do it. That is an unreasonable expectation. However, if you try to play ESO and skip all of the dialogue, then I don't think you would enjoy it much. The questing is fairly linear. Typically I would mind this, but I find the stories to be very intriguing. Much more engaged than I ever was in SWTOR.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

The OP is right on the money. I played this game during all the closed and open betas, by the time open beta was out I had to force myself to try it out because it was so boring.

This will play out very similarly to many of other super hyped MMO releases of the last half decade. 

This game will be F2P within 12 months.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Why it's worse?

This thread will not end well for you, friend.  

• SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    Plenty of people out there that buy a single player, console game for $60 and play it for a week, beat it, and say they got their money's worth.  Even though an MMO is supposed to be persistent and last, from a monetary investment standpoint, it doesn't matter to most people as long as they get a reasonable amount of enjoyment out of it.  I know many people that love the game based just on the questing and story, and admit freely they probably won't keep playing once they cap and/or finish all three factions story-lines.  The worth is all in the eye of the beholder.  Will there be player drop-off?  Oh yeah.  Will some people's predictions be wrong?  Certainly.  Does it matter?  Not really.
  • pappacubepappacube Member UncommonPosts: 99
    OP, if you only played a few hours and learned you were bored then the game is simply not for you.  Bridge, checkers, jump-rope, jacks, those games are boring to me.  I don't play them.  I don't care to rant about how boring they are though....
  • SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    Originally posted by pappacube
    OP, if you only played a few hours and learned you were bored then the game is simply not for you.  Bridge, checkers, jump-rope, jacks, those games are boring to me.  I don't play them.  I don't care to rant about how boring they are though....

What about Monopoly though?  Starts off fun, but lasts way too long.  We should really have a serious discussion about this :P.  I don't know if I hate it or love it!!!

This discussion has been closed.