Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Access Code Hell

Not sure what's going on with this game. Like many newer games they email you an access code when you connect from a new IP. Except with this game the email never comes. You request phone support, they never call. You request email support, if they reply they tell you they sent it to the "mages guild" who never replies. After days of not being able to login I finally get a response that gave the same on screen directions of trying every 10 minutes until an email sends. Which, as I explained in the email, I been doing for days. Utterly absurd...

Game cancelled.

Comments

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Alrighty then.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Were you trying to connect from another IP, intentionally? /lost

Did someone steal your account?

More info, although many already know the customer service is lacking.  They likely are swamped with the pay one month in advance BS, or massive chargebacks (for the free 30 days).

The first portion of your post confuses me though.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 21

No I wasn't trying to access from an new I.P. nor did someone steal my account.

After the official go live the Dev's decided that everybody would be required to enter an access code again. The problem is their system doesn't work and the codes aren't being emailed. That or they managed to get themselves blacklisted by ISPs for sending so many of these out. Regardless the emails don't come through and they don't seem to have any solution to the problem. As a result I can't log into the game and haven't been able to all week.

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    I have had this happen to me 2 times now.  I get an email in about 10 to 15 mins, no big deal really.  It is your Internet Provider releasing and refreshing your ip sometimes it is picked up as a new ip.  It is common practice for them to do this, this game is just picking up on it.  But yeah I agree it can be annoying when this happens in a game.
  • krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by k61977
    I have had this happen to me 2 times now.  I get an email in about 10 to 15 mins, no big deal really.  It is your Internet Provider releasing and refreshing your ip sometimes it is picked up as a new ip.  It is common practice for them to do this, this game is just picking up on it.  But yeah I agree it can be annoying when this happens in a game.

If I got the email I would agree, no big deal. 5 days later I still haven't received a single email. I simply can't play the game and support is useless.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    i would log into your account page via the website and make sure your email is correct, just something simple you may have overlooked.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by krinaman

Not sure what's going on with this game. Like many newer games they email you an access code when you connect from a new IP. Except with this game the email never comes. You request phone support, they never call. You request email support, if they reply they tell you they sent it to the "mages guild" who never replies. After days of not being able to login I finally get a response that gave the same on screen directions of trying every 10 minutes until an email sends. Which, as I explained in the email, I been doing for days. Utterly absurd...

Game cancelled.

Yeahhh... it's called security. They do this to help, even if a small amount, to regulate hacked accounts. If you are not receiving the codes via email....then you might look into why. Other than the spam folder, I cannot imagine why you would not receive the email.....and then insert the code.

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Originally posted by k61977

If I got the email I would agree, no big deal. 5 days later I still haven't received a single email. I simply can't play the game and support is useless.

The only reason I can figure you haven't got an email is that your email got messed up somehow, or you did actually get hacked and someone changed your email.  You should look into that and try logging in again and get it to send you a new one.  If that doesn't work your next best step is to call them.  Right now they are dealing with all the people that are going ape shit over the early charges, which I agree is a real issue.  They already charged my 6 month payment which is no big deal to me but some people are going crazy so their help lines are busy.

• oldboygameroldboygamer Member Posts: 139
    Yes, strange the access code thing. Happened to me. Asked for access code because I was connecting from a new IP, which I wasn't. I don't think I've been hacked, they have just fucked up somehow.
  • CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272

Game cancelled.

You're wrong. I had a same issue. I got an email... with a code. Entered the code. Got into the game...

Like the first member reply,...

alrighty then....

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by Crazyhorsek

Game cancelled.

You're wrong. I had a same issue. I got an email... with a code. Entered the code. Got into the game...

Like the first member reply,...

alrighty then....

Same here instant e-mail input code job done,I do have a VPN so was assuming I connected  with that instead unless it is to address the connecting to wrong account issue they were having also got this lately with Twitter seems this is becoming more common with all this internet security paranoia going on.

p>