Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Until Game/Combat Breaking Bugs Are Fixed...

FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Elder Scrolls Online is a bad game to me. I can't take it anymore.

This is from someone who honestly likes ESO.  The amount of times I've had to reloadui,  the amount of times important quests are broken, the HORRIBLE Guild AH, and the amount of times combat gets borked during key  moments, the game is getting ruined for me.

I'm trying my best to play through these things but the combat being as bad as it is (for me at least), it make everything else intolerable.  I hate trying to melee enemies and pressing the mouse does NOTHING.  I hate pressing my heal skill and nothing happens. I hate CLEARLY dodging out of AoE and still getting hit by it.  I hate killing enemies and they don't die until 5 seconds after they should have dropped. I hate the intermittent freeze that the game has been experiencing through beta. I'm noticing everything wrong with ESO now because of the ruined combat.

Before THAT guy chimes in with "the game is perfect for me...", i just want to let you know ahead of time how awesome you are. /vent

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comments

• Tgiordano92Tgiordano92 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    I will continue to play and I love the game, but I do find it extremely annoying when I press my mouse button and I do not attack. Thought it was just me. Hopefully a fix comes soon.
  • DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Mind if I ask your pc spec and web connection details?

I've heard a few complaints like yours and I'm trying to see a pattern. 

Personally, I'm in the UK, playing on the NA megaserver on a computer that's about 3 years old (the youngest parts) and a 130/15 Mbps line, and I have had no issues whatsoever since the game went live.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Perspective... you need some. 

Perhaps some time away from the game with your perfect job and your perfect wife driving in your perfect car to a perfect vacation spot will do you some good? Just a suggestion.

Here's a song to cheer you up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7pVjl4Rrtc

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Just saying the game is only officially 7 days old I don't know of many Mo's if any that did not have kinks after a short time of release I've had the odd freeze,but nothing as you say combat breaking but I've tested and subbed to some of the biggest pieces of crap released so patience is certainly a virtue of mine but I don't find it tested here tbh.

p>
  • Jagwar_FangJagwar_Fang Member UncommonPosts: 264

First off, you don't have to /reloadui, just hit the mail button twice.  If you don't know what it is, it's the ' key.  It fixes the combat issues of hitting the mouse button and nothing happening, getting stuck at the crafting table and maybe a few other things as well but I can't remember them offhand.

I understand that you may see these issues as game breaking and that's fine, but I thought I'd share the mail button trick.  The bug is annoying but hitting a single button twice takes some of the pain away, until they finally get it figured out.

I will say that I am having more fun playing ESO than I have any other game in years, bugs and all.  This has been by far one of the better launches I can remember.  Vanguard was bad.  EQ2 and WoW had major issues as well.

Either way, good luck to you and you aren't alone in wanting some bugs/issues fixed.  We all want them fixed.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Originally posted by Darwa

Personally, I'm in the UK, playing on the NA megaserver on a computer that's about 3 years old (the youngest parts) and a 130/15 Mbps line, and I have had no issues whatsoever since the game went live.

The game runs 60 fps to 100 fps for me. It's not that graphically intensive IMO. I'm surprised more people don't complain about how console-ish the graphics are. My internet is 50/10 Mbps, my line tests come back with no packet losses or jitter. I don't see my ping going over 90ms either.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DivonaDivona Member UncommonPosts: 189

Sound like you're having problem with Internet connection on your side. I have that problem when using shared WiFi to play the game during peak hours.

When doing line test, if you're International user, make sure you test connect to the server outside your own country, preferably the one near where the game server actually hosting. Have you try using WTFast or VPN and see if the connection have been improved? If it does, perhaps there's some blockage cause by your router and firewall.

Quest broken and horrible guild AH is on ZeniMax side, however.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Originally posted by Divona

Sound like you're having problem with Internet connection on your side. I have that problem when using shared WiFi to play the game during peak hours.

Quest broken and horrible guild AH is on ZeniMax side, however.

I don't use shared WiFi. I'm hardwired in and don't have any problems of the sort with competitive twitch type games or other mmorpgs.  Maybe my ISP is singling out Elder Scrolls Online because they're angry Skyrim fans? Who knows.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ManasongManasong Member Posts: 208
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight
    Originally posted by Darwa

The game runs 60 fps to 100 fps for me. It's not that graphically intensive IMO. I'm surprised more people don't complain about how console-ish the graphics are. My internet is 50/10 Mbps, my line tests come back with no packet losses or jitter. I don't see my ping going over 90ms either.

After long game sessions the screen freezing starts to re-appear until I decide to close the game and start again or point a fan to my computer, so my screen freezing is a heating problem, so it could be a problem on your end, try searching for fixes on the internet.

Do you have Foundry Tactical Combat? With this mod whenever you block it shows a buff on your screen, if you have 90ms means you live near NA, so you could test it better than me if it's just latency (lag spikes) or just a plain bug, because I live in SA and my ping is always high.

I never noticed my melee attacks going off, thats new to me, I know it tends to not do the melee animation if the enemy I'm targetting dies before the attack hits (or something like that, couldn't reproduce this easily).

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Close the launcher after hitting play. My game used to random 5 sec freeze as well until someone gave me that tip.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• venatsvenats Member Posts: 106

The combat bugs, unresponsiveness, and occasional dropped command or action despite an animation, have been around for a long, long time. They aren't going to get magically fixed.

Combat is one of this game's weakest elements.

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Other than a couple of bugged quests I really haven't had any problems at all. I do however refuse to use guild stores because of the crazy tax.
  • GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

This is from someone who honestly likes ESO.  The amount of times I've had to reloadui,  the amount of times important quests are broken, the HORRIBLE Guild AH, and the amount of times combat gets borked during key  moments, the game is getting ruined for me.

I'm trying my best to play through these things but the combat being as bad as it is (for me at least), it make everything else intolerable.  I hate trying to melee enemies and pressing the mouse does NOTHING.  I hate pressing my heal skill and nothing happens. I hate CLEARLY dodging out of AoE and still getting hit by it.  I hate killing enemies and they don't die until 5 seconds after they should have dropped. I hate the intermittent freeze that the game has been experiencing through beta. I'm noticing everything wrong with ESO now because of the ruined combat.

Before THAT guy chimes in with "the game is perfect for me...", i just want to let you know ahead of time how awesome you are. /vent

My suggestion is to upgrade your computer and internet speed. At work, I experience everything you mention. we have a 1mb/up/down slow as f*** line. And im using a gaming laptop from 08-09 ish. so its old in PC standards.

But at home I recently upgraded to AMD A3+ 8core with 32gb ram. Graphic card is still dated (radeon 6950). and internet connection 25up 25down Verizon stupid fast fios. And I don't have any issues with the game. Plays flawlessly.

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096

That doesnt sound like combat bugs to me, it sounds like you arent playing it at 60fps. I had all those bugs as you call them when i ran it on ultra, now that i put it to min and run 60fps, i dont get any of them. So i guess its min for me till my r9 290 comes on wensday. 

• N1njaPwnStarN1njaPwnStar Member Posts: 83
    Wow another post about bugs that where known issues before and after game launch. you and kano should hug it out.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

You're doing it wrong... 

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    You're not the only one. Occasionally, the mouse and hotbar randomly become unresponsive mid combat. I have to quickly toggle cursor mode to fix it. However, more often than not, it leads to my death. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    I have also noticed occasional freezeups, but those for me do appear tied to the quirks of my cable modem.  It does sound as if the game may be taxing on bandwidth at times for some reason.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Why some people feel this pain and some people dont is a matter of mindset..

the game engine is running far from perfect and it seems to be getting worse... Both overtime aswell as the higher level you get..

nevertheless i am still having fun, allmost every minute i spend ingame.. I take the shortcommings and bugs for notice, yet refuse to let them ruin the fun. It works for me and many others,  

but in the end, everyone should agree, that they should get the necessary i provements in fast, or the game will be blown to pieces by people leaving after their free month... And that will get them some really bad publicity that will certainly hurt their main goal of this year, it could ruin the console release..

technically the game does not live up to expected standards, so much is clear now...  They got some serious problems deep in the engine and no clue how to repair the, asap.  

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Why some people feel this pain and some people dont is a matter of mindset..

the game engine is running far from perfect and it seems to be getting worse... Both overtime aswell as the higher level you get..

nevertheless i am still having fun, allmost every minute i spend ingame.. I take the shortcommings and bugs for notice, yet refuse to let them ruin the fun. It works for me and many others,  

but in the end, everyone should agree, that they should get the necessary i provements in fast, or the game will be blown to pieces by people leaving after their free month... And that will get them some really bad publicity that will certainly hurt their main goal of this year, it could ruin the console release..

technically the game does not live up to expected standards, so much is clear now...  They got some serious problems deep in the engine and no clue how to repair the, asap.  

+1

This sounds like server side issue(s).