Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

when the new wears off, there will be nothing good left

I enjoyed Oblivion and Skyrim, and I have played ESO every single day since early access...

But the truth is, when the "oh my" of the great scenery wears off, there is nothing left but tedium, clumsy combat, yawn inducing crafting, and unsatisfying zerg-the-base PvP filled with a-holes whining and bickering about "who knows best".

So, it's back to Pandaland for me... playing a gnome monk raider/crafter/pvper beats anything in ESO...

GNOMES FTW! 

"I'm a nerd, and I'm pretty proud of it." - Gilbert, Revenge of the Nerds[1984]

Comments

• MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Give me your gold ?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Can I have your stuff?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Be careful posting this kind of post.
    I posted my opinion and got a warning for it...guess unless your opinion is positive, its not allowed on these forums.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    I would love to have any crafting mats you have please!!!! Thank you!!image
  • TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741

Your mountain of factual evidence is irrefutable.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    Because there is tremendous value in "your game is boring, I hate it, and I'm going back to WoW"?  Is there some deep discussion that is being solicited?
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by OldSquirrel

I enjoyed Oblivion and Skyrim, and I have played ESO every single day since early access...

But the truth is, when the "oh my" of the great scenery wears off, there is nothing left but tedium, clumsy combat, yawn inducing crafting, and unsatisfying zerg-the-base PvP filled with a-holes whining and bickering about "who knows best".

So, it's back to Pandaland for me... playing a gnome monk raider/crafter/pvper beats anything in ESO...

GNOMES FTW! 

To each their own. Enjoy your never ending gear treadmill and gear based PvP, I wish you the best in your adventures!

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Can I have your stuff?

My magazines? Yeah, sure. Why not? 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Originally posted by Krimzin

I posted my opinion and got a warning for it...guess unless your opinion is positive, its not allowed on these forums.

Unless of course your opinion mirrors an adolescent rant.

Apparently "some" people think that they are 'telling the truth" but they are really just opening up their emotional veins.

You can give your opinion, be precise, indicate what you dislike, etc.

But if it's just a litany of complaints then you aren't really going to be spurring healthy debate or even making your points, which may be valid, known.

sadly I feel the original post is of the rant variety.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IvidnaelaxIvidnaelax Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Then quit now. If you think it is just dull, boring, and not relevant. I for one can log in for a couple of hours and just explore. 
  • SadSwordfishSadSwordfish Member CommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by ohioastro
    Because there is tremendous value in "your game is boring, I hate it, and I'm going back to WoW"?  Is there some deep discussion that is being solicited?

Right. 

Without knowing the mods policies I imagine they are not to keen on threads who restate the same statements in thread after thread. It's also annoying to fans of said game because as we all know, negativity outweighs the positives.

Finally, threads such as this are very one-dimensional. The OP doesn't really open new doors for discussions, or asks questions or in any way shape, or form seems interested in doing anything other than using his own opinion as a declaration of the games value. I don't even own ESO and his thread seemed provoking and annoying to me. 

But just because I don't play a particularly game doesn't mean I don't emphatize with people who post their judgements just because they can, or because they have some us-versus-them-mentality. Thankfully veterans of this forum knows that this goes on all with all new games. It's the same arguments in every game, and rarely do these thread contain interesting snippits for discussions.

"Honeymoon" phenomenon is the "falling in love" period of any new game. At this time it's a reactive stimuli in your brain. But like real love, it quickly receeds and then you have ups and downs. You know what you expect. Humans are creatures of habit, but also creatures of novelty. 

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by Krimzin

Unless of course your opinion mirrors an adolescent rant.

Apparently "some" people think that 'telling the truth" is really just them opening up their emotional veins.

You can give your opinion, be precise, indicate what you dislike, etc.

But if it's just a litany of complaints then you aren't really going to be spurring healthy debate or even making your points, which may be valid, known.

sadly I feel the original post is of the rant variety.

+1.

There is the subjective opinion as well.  If a person likes only sandbox a themepark game isn't wrong for the simple fact of being a themepark.  To say it is would be wrong imo.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by SadSwordfish
    Originally posted by ohioastro

Right. 

Without knowing the mods policies I imagine they are not to keen on threads who restate the same statements in thread after thread. It's also annoying to fans of said game because as we all know, negativity outweighs the positives.

Finally, threads such as this are very one-dimensional. The OP doesn't really open new doors for discussions, or asks questions or in any way shape, or form seems interested in doing anything other than using his own opinion as a declaration of the games value. I don't even own ESO and his thread seemed provoking and annoying to me. 

But just because I don't play a particularly game doesn't mean I don't emphatize with people who post their judgements just because they can, or because they have some us-versus-them-mentality. Thankfully veterans of this forum knows that this goes on all with all new games. It's the same arguments in every game, and rarely do these thread contain interesting snippits for discussions.

"Honeymoon" phenomenon is the "falling in love" period of any new game. At this time it's a reactive stimuli in your brain. But like real love, it quickly receeds and then you have ups and downs. You know what you expect. Humans are creatures of habit, but also creatures of novelty. 

+1.  Happy to see others pointing out that just because you can voice your opinion doesn't mean you should. 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• AndistotleAndistotle Member UncommonPosts: 124
    They created this huge immersive world, with great crafting and with full voice. Still they managed to make the comabt system so absolutly terrible, especially the melee combat. This really bugs me. How can they defend a combat system like this? After leveling a while, and trying both dungeons and PVP i just had to logg back to Age of conan to play some pvp minigames. If TESO had a combat syatem like AOC then it would be great. I will not leave TESO, but I cant imagine playing it full time as long as the combat is so bad.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

I'm struggling to get to level 10.  Can only take very small doses of no risk themepark questing.  Not sure it is worth a sub for me, if I struggle to get to lvl 10 lol.  Running errands for npcs is just not my cup o tea I guess.  I thought the character building/progression would be enough to keep me going but this type of quest or die MMO is just too tedious.  The world doesn't even feel like a world, just smallish zones filled to the brim with npcs that want you to do stuff for them.  The PvE loot is uninspired as well.

I like the mouselook controls and the combat is clunky but better than standard tab target...just not enough good to outweigh the boring.

This discussion has been closed.