Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zenimax: Taking Action Against Cheaters in ESO

kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Saw this in the official forums and hadn't seen anyone mention it here so figured I would post it. Good to see theyve been working on getting rid of these people.

From Jessica Folsom:

"Today, we made our first major strike against those who choose to cheat in ESO, permanently banning thousands. This is only the beginning of our ongoing efforts to keep the game free from botters, speed hackers, and gold spammers. We want to thank everyone who has sent in-game reports about these individuals in ESO—your reports helped us identify many of the accounts we banned today. Please continue to report any botters, gold spammers, and speed hackers you see in-game, and we’ll continue our efforts to keep them out of Tamriel."

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/74534/taking-action-against-cheaters-in-eso

Comments

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Even though I have no interest in this game whatsoever. That is awesome news for the community.  Hopefully they don't ban innocent people by mistake.
  • HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by cybertrucker
    Even though I have no interest in this game whatsoever. That is awesome news for the community.  Hopefully they don't ban innocent people by mistake.

They already have, if the forums are to be believed (dubious). But just to be safe, I dont report anyone, or use zone chat. Apparently some people got banned for reporting gold sellers and had to wait several days for their account to be reinstated. I dont entirely trust that ZOS customer service/GM's know what they're doing, so no chances taken.

• UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568

Based on Zenimax's poor customer service record, they probably banned every account in addition to the cheaters, then could not figure out why NO ONE could log in, so they they decided to perform Maintenance today on a Friday, forgot to post it as emergency maintenance and thus are still scratching their heads trying to figure out the issue ROFLMAO

I predict this wonderful game will lose 90% of its new subscribers from launch day due to Zenimax CS incompetence.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    There really is nothing that people won't complain about.  They ban gold sellers and exploiters and somehow this is a problem.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Originally posted by HabitualFrogStomp

They already have, if the forums are to be believed (dubious). But just to be safe, I dont report anyone, or use zone chat. Apparently some people got banned for reporting gold sellers and had to wait several days for their account to be reinstated. I dont entirely trust that ZOS customer service/GM's know what they're doing, so no chances taken.

Yea Im dreading the incoming posts when the server comes back up and we find out they have done a mass banning of thousands of innocent accounts in the process.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by HabitualFrogStomp

meh I highly doubt that.

I've reported so many gold sellers that I routinely receive copious e-mails from Zenimax support, one day I was hit by 20 in a row.

Now, if these people have been contacting the gold sellers "letting them know what they think of them" then I can see that raising a red flag, or false positive.

Players should never contact gold sellers, even if they want to vent.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by UnleadedRev

They cannot even get this right:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/409963/A-cautionary-tale-about-Zenimax-support-staff.html

Judging by your posts in this thread, as well as your QQ about maintenance I'm beginning to think that you a) don't even understand the most basic information differentiating a CS rep from the people performing maintenance on the game and b) are just angry because the server is down and have nothing better to do than find the most ridiculous things possible to complain about.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

No interest? What's the matter with you man this is the best MMO I have ever played to date and I have played em all. Yes I am including WoW as well. I predict this game will be the next top MMo soon. If this don't kill off what remains of WoW nothing will!

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Based on Zenimax's poor customer service record, they probably banned every account in addition to the cheaters, then could not figure out why NO ONE could log in, so they they decided to perform Maintenance today on a Friday, forgot to post it as emergency maintenance and thus are still scratching their heads trying to figure out the issue ROFLMAO

I predict this wonderful game will lose 90% of its new subscribers from launch day due to Zenimax CS incompetence.

Funny I've been playing with no problems at all really.

I predict your one of the the cheaters that's upset because you were banned, or maybe just some troll/hater and 90% sure (because we all can pull percentage figures out of thin air) that you don't own or have ever played the game.

Bah with any luck maintenance is done and I get get back to playing

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    The only concern I have is that this maybe open to abuse, say for instance getting reported just for upsetting someone in game  I might be just paranoid though. I'm still going to keep a low profile just in case Zenimax are as incompetent as a lot of people are saying :)
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Why you have a habit of verbally assaulting people in chat?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by summitus
    The only concern I have is that this maybe open to abuse, say for instance getting reported just for upsetting someone in game  I might be just paranoid though. I'm still going to keep a low profile just in case Zenimax are as incompetent as a lot of people are saying :)

Well that would be a test of their systems/customer service.

Just because someone reports another player doesn't mean that Zenimax is going to say "well, he's been reported I guess there's no reason to look into it and we should just ban him/her.

All a report is going to do is have that player "looked into".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

I have 85 Gold Sellers on my Ignore list so far that I have reported/ignored.

They start mailing you ingame but can still be reported. What is nice...their entire account is affected.

Keep up the good work Zenimax.:)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• BasicgearBasicgear Member UncommonPosts: 43

I think their customer service is great. I had an issue that spanned from the Friday before the Sunday early access to Monday. I missed all of Sunday early access but they were open on the weekend, (not the accounting team, which is who I needed) and were very nice.

As soon as Monday rolled around they fixed me right up. They continued communication via email and phone the whole time, because I constantly bugged them.

Just sayin.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Originally posted by Basicgear

I think their customer service is great. I had an issue that spanned from the Friday before the Sunday early access to Monday. I missed all of Sunday early access but they were open on the weekend, (not the accounting team, which is who I needed) and were very nice.

As soon as Monday rolled around they fixed me right up. They continued communication via email and phone the whole time, because I constantly bugged them.

Just sayin.

I got the opposite experience so far. Multiple tickets and an outstanding issue since day one of early access still unresolved 15+ days later.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    They need to add gold buyer's to that list if they really want to make thier game free of cheaters
  • summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by Horusra
    Why you have a habit of verbally assaulting people in chat?

No , I was just using that as an example  and btw you can upset some people for just saying that you like or dislike something about the game , sorry if you misunderstood :)

• NephelaiNephelai Member UncommonPosts: 185
    The problem is most people wouldn't even know what a real bot looks like. I must of had a dozen people asking me if I was a bot while farming a public dungeon boss for deconstruction matts. Its not like there's a tag system - they get kill credit and loot just the same.
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by summitus

They def banned me for 2 days, for reporting a gold spammer.

• Eol-Eol- Member UncommonPosts: 274
    Originally posted by Nephelai
    The problem is most people wouldn't even know what a real bot looks like. I must of had a dozen people asking me if I was a bot while farming a public dungeon boss for deconstruction matts. Its not like there's a tag system - they get kill credit and loot just the same.

some players actually want to enjoy the game and the encounters, and are not just there for credit and loot. They come to the end of a dungeon and would like to fight the boss and have fun doing it with a challenge, ie, without a bunch of farmers killing him in 3 seconds.

Elladan - ESO (AD)
    Camring - SWTOR (Ebon Hawk)
    Eol & Justinian - Rift (Faeblight)
    Ceol and Duri - LotRO (Landroval)
    Kili - WoW
    Eol - Lineage 2
    Camring - SWG
    Justinian (Nimue), Camring - DAoC

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    If you do not respond when talked to, keep constantly swinging even when the boss is not there, have been swinging non-stop for 15 minutes...have another exactly like you one named "dayhappy" and "happyday"...that is bot enough for me.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Can you believe it?

In addition to kicking my dog.... Zenimax set my house on fire, and pushed my grandmother off the sidewalk and into oncoming traffic. 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• DreycraftDreycraft Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Speed botters, heh I KNEW it. The guy/girl who supposedly got to cap in a day was DEFINITELY hacking. Leif from IGN who's reviewing the game took him 100 hours of gameplay to get to level 50, and he said he leveled as fast as possible, "for the sake of the review". Leveling is not by any means fast in this game, and I'm ecstatic to hear ZOS is on the ball with these asswipes.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    What about the Gold/XP exploit (sorta) people are doing.  What about THAT?
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯