Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great Game: Horrible Zenimax

UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568

The game will succeed if they ditch Zenimax and get some other company to manage this game.

ZENIMAX SINS:

1) Maintenance several times a week instead of just once a week

2) Horrible maintenance notice, none or very little

3) No distinction between emergency and routine maintenance

4) Maintenance on Fridays and weekends (are they on drugs?)

5) Inaccurate error messages, they use the same one for all issues (permissions) LOL

Why do all the good games get losers as the company's that make and manage them?

Comments

• DewBaahDewBaah Member Posts: 16
    why do you need to know if it is routine or emergency? Either way servers are down. Seems to me they are constantly doing maintaince to fix issues as quickly as they can. I am sure you would be complaining if something was broken but they told you, you have to wait until our weekly schedudled maintaince  for a fix
  • XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359

The game just officially launched a week ago, of course there's going to be some unexpected downtime and emergency patching.    

Anyone expecting zero downtime, zero performances issues, and immediate response from support during the first week or two of an MMO launch is setting themselves up for disappointment.  

• UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    Originally posted by DewBaah
    why do you need to know if it is routine or emergency? 

LOL! I rest my case! You just posted the policy of Zenimax customer service for everything!

"Why do you need to know?"

LOLOLOLOLOL

• HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by UnleadedRev

LOL! I rest my case! You just posted the policy of Zenimax customer service for everything!

LOLOLOLOLOL

It's a perfectly valid response. Its the way of saying "You dont need to know" that makes you feel obsolete and stupid enough to pose the question to yourself next time instead of wasting valuable staff resources.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

The game will succeed if they ditch Zenimax and get some other company to manage this game.

ZENIMAX SINS:

5) Inaccurate error messages, they use the same one for all issues (permissions) LOL

Why do all the good games get losers as the company's that make and manage them?

1) Its a new game. Of course there will be several. Or would you prefer they just let things go unfixed for 6 more days because they just did some fixes the day before?

2) Maintenance notice was there on the launcher well before maintenance and also posted on the official forums since yesterday. But of course it's their fault you don't read things...

3) Does it matter at this point? Again, new game, thing to be fixed quickly. Eventually it will become just standard maintenance.

4) See #1. Guess they should just leave things broken all weekend instead of taking the server down for a couple hours to fix things so they work over the weekend?

5) Huh? Not even sure what that's supposed to mean. Have seen several different ones.

Why do all these QQ posts consist of a complete and utter lack of common sense?

BTW: Server is back up.

• SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285

While I completely understand the frustration that comes with these things, the game has only recently released and unfortunately, particularly with MMORPG games, this always seems to happen in one fashion or another.

I will say this though.  They basically forced everyone interested into pre-ordering by making the pre-order bonus so significant.  In light of that, every hour that you cannot enjoy the product you pay for stings that much more.  I've found waiting these days to be the wiser course, at least a couple weeks, before diving into a new MMO.  However, with pre-order bonuses like ESO's, waiting isn't an option to have the flexibility and since you've basically been forced to pay (depends on your perspective), having a smooth product that works when you want to play is pretty important.

Besides, MMO releases just seem to get sloppier and sloppier, with players basically beta testing out of the box.  I think the excuses are becoming the norm far more than they should be.  Finally let me state that I have no real opinion of Zenimax one way or the other at this point.  Just throwing in my 2 cents in general.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

They should ask for a meeting with all the players to inform they take down the server to do maintenance or fix bugs.
    I mean all players across the globe should be present at their table before anything is done.
    How dare they take down the servers !!! without telling me !!!

Game is a week old, dont play mmo's if you think they should let us know every bit of info...
    If servers are down they are down, be it normal or hotfixes...

• DewBaahDewBaah Member Posts: 16

In the end you will still complain and we will still be having a good time. Besides that you really just said

"Why do all the good games get losers as the company's that make and manage them?"  So you think the game is good but Zeni does not get any of the credit?

"Why do all the good games get losers as the company's that make and manage them?"  So you think the game is good but Zeni does not get any of the credit?

I have to admit, there is a point to be had here.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

ZENIMAX SINS:

This isn't UNcommon with new releases. The majority of this is "Unscheduled" maintenance AKA, "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit"

See "Unscheduled" Maintenance above

Hell to the no! That's why we use the vague term "Unscheduled Maintenance" Sorry, everyone has a little "Unscheduled Maintenance" in their life. If you eff something up, do you tell your boss, your wife, your friends? Ummmmmm, no. You're just all like, "Yeah man, wow, someone must have really effed that up!" Don't expect transparency from ANY company. 

What is the FridayS and weekendS you're talking about (plural). Are you on Drugs? You realize this has been officially released for ONE week, right? I apologize if I missed some maintenance today. If that's the case, then you're totally right! Therefore Zenimax performs their maintenance on EVERY SINGLE Friday. 

Yeah, while funny, it's not uncommon. Error 37 or Error 3006 would be no different, though. Just basically their way of injecting some humour and confusion to your disconnection. I'd really like to see an error that says something like, "We detected you watching.... well..... something other than the game.... on the Internet.... *poke* *poke* We've disconnected you while you finish." 

Because, apart from what your high school experience taught you, being really, really, popular and awesome doesn't mean that you will get ANYWHERE in life. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

ZENIMAX SINS:

1) Its a new game. Of course there will be several. Or would you prefer they just let things go unfixed for 6 more days because they just did some fixes the day before?

2) Maintenance notice was there on the launcher well before maintenance and also posted on the official forums since yesterday. But of course it's their fault you don't read things...

3) Does it matter at this point? Again, new game, thing to be fixed quickly. Eventually it will become just standard maintenance.

4) See #1. Guess they should just leave things broken all weekend instead of taking the server down for a couple hours to fix things so they work over the weekend?

5) Huh? Not even sure what that's supposed to mean. Have seen several different ones.

Why do all these QQ posts consist of a complete and utter lack of common sense?

BTW: Server is back up.

/thread. We now return you to your regularly scheduled QQ thread about Zenimax's billing issues. ;)

Jokes aside, I realize that the billing issues are valid and folks have a right to be frustrated. I hope Zenimax gets it's act together on that front for those effected.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386
    Originally posted by HabitualFrogStomp

So basically, you dont like maintenance, and wish Zenimax would go under, which means TESO could go offline for a long undetermined amount of time until someone else gets to handle it.

Sounds legit.

Omg . If TESO goes offline now my life will be ruined I tell you RUINED!

After playing this I don't think I will ever be able to play any other game EVER do you hear??

AARGH!

*laughs hysterically * runs naked through the woods screaming like a madman**

!!!

I don't see any reason to be condescending about this.  People who pay money do have a right to have expectations for the product they purchased, whether you agree or not.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Satsunoryu
    I don't see any reason to be condescending about this.  People who pay money do have a right to have expectations for the product they purchased, whether you agree or not.

Do you? I pay my bank money every single month and they are RARELY open at times when I want to do banking, let alone being open 24/7. 

I understand the concept of expectation, but if you have the expectation that an MMO will be online 24/7, then you've got incorrect expectations. It's not about being condescending, it's about being realistic. Every single MMO on the market has had unscheduled downtime, every single website in the world has had unscheduled downtime, every single service you expect to be online 100% of the time has never been up 100% of the time. So it's about setting realistic expectations. Sorry, just the truth. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

ZENIMAX SINS:

When you bought the game there is a disclosure you agreed with. They can do whatever they want, when they want with their game. We just have to deal with it and move on. It's what happens to Games.

It IS normal. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

Originally posted by CrazKanuk
    Originally posted by Satsunoryu

Do you? I pay my bank money every single month and they are RARELY open at times when I want to do banking, let alone being open 24/7. 

I understand the concept of expectation, but if you have the expectation that an MMO will be online 24/7, then you've got incorrect expectations. It's not about being condescending, it's about being realistic. Every single MMO on the market has had unscheduled downtime, every single website in the world has had unscheduled downtime, every single service you expect to be online 100% of the time has never been up 100% of the time. So it's about setting realistic expectations. Sorry, just the truth. 

You are missing the point.  People have a right to expectations and you have a right to disagree, but there's no reason to be condescending about it.  In other words, there are ways of providing a perspective or information without being a jerk about it.  That's the point.  

I for one agree with your perspective on the subject for the most part.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Xssiv

The game just officially launched a week ago, of course there's going to be some unexpected downtime and emergency patching.    

agree - expect frequent patching for any newly launched mmo during the first 2 weeks

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Lol, I know right? "The server is coming down in 1 minute." WTF?

And regular maintenance on Friday? Doh. >.<

They are just bloody amateurs when it comes to MMO handling. Love their stories, but they have no clue about the MMO basics.

LOLOLOLOLOL

Lol, he must be the perfect customer. Pays and  doesn't need to know anything. Sorry, but ZoS just gives almost NO info whatsoever. No what they are doing, not any ETA, no info. Just "oh we take servers down NOW" end of story.

Funny how some people just seem to accept everything these days.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Hating developers for trying to fix their game as fast as possible.

Angry over downtime not allowing them to play the game even though fixes are helping thousands of other players having serious issues in game.

Selflessness is dead I see. 0.o

You stay sassy!

This discussion has been closed.