Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Trading Tips

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Making cash in Elder Scrolls Online can be difficult, here are a few tips from Iron Ore baron Adam Tingle to make you rich in Tamriel.

Read more of Adam Tingle's Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Trading Tips.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• reillanreillan Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Really, you're going to advise people to waste hours on materials that go for 6gp per?  I can get sooooo much more from other stuff at high level.  An hour of material grinding could net you maybe 60 ore... an hour of item grinding in a good public dungeon could net you around 200 of an ore in-need by higher level people, plus random purples and coin drops from mobs.
  • shakermaker0shakermaker0 Member UncommonPosts: 194
    You can mine 400+ ore in an hour. Times that 8gp that's 2400 an hour
  • PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Originally posted by shakermaker0
    You can mine 400+ ore in an hour. Times that 8gp that's 2400 an hour

I can make that in 1 hour just playing the game and doing quests and dungeons I haven't already done.  You get to the upper 20's and grinding for ore itself is a waste of time... just grab everything around you on the way to your next destination.

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    Reillan, I'm fairly certain this article isn't aimed at experienced traders ;) I found it to be a spot on beginners guide with tips on how to get the trading ball rolling to increase the gold in your purse.

Great article, Adam.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Well, the best way to get money is to stop trying to get money and just level up.. then you get more money cos you're, you know, higher level. If you waste all your time farming lowbie stuff.. you're gunna stay a lowbie. It's catch 22... more you farm the more you need to farm... just level.

... and I'm not saying rush to max level. I'm just saying play the game instead of farming it.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372
    COD stands for Cash On Delivery, not Cash On Demand.
  • mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375

Anybody that shares information they've learned to help improve their fellow gamers experience should be commended.  So much more productive than than the usual trash talk posts and the only reason I still cruise this site. As me it's much appreciated, thanks Adam.

• jenseajensea Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by Dakirn

Where you live, maybe. Not everywhere.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by jensea

pretty sure is delivery in all places, you are paid after they get the mail and accept it.

also that is not really a newbie tip... I did that on betas because it was simpler then just re run lame dungeons and hope the people you are with are willing to share

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

forget trading tips.

lets talk about Cydoriil black hole!- many among myself, are getting stuck on screen, apparently this isnt new- and may people are either stuck inside cyrodiil, or cant pvp at all!!!

lame game performance!-and no responses from devs, its been goin on for a while.(4 days to be exact-i checked game forums)

FIX IT!!!! or pvp will be a fail megaserver disaster!

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

The Article is good, if youre a newbie, take that into consideration ppl.

on topic: its almost like hawking in olden days, i like it! ;)

edit: removed a comment:)

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830
    I prefer auction houses, but if this is the way they want to go, guess it will work. However, is there a trade channel? I didnt see one and the Zone channel will be flooded if there is no dedicated Trade channel.
  • Yoda_CloneYoda_Clone Member Posts: 219

Minor point... other than a horse (and that's not indispensable), I have yet to find anything I want to buy with gold.  Every now and then I'll repair some equipment, but otherwise there is absolutely nothing I want to buy from vendors or other players.

This is not a game for the gold sellers to profit off of...

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by alkarionlog

pretty sure is delivery in all places, you are paid after they get the mail and accept it.

also that is not really a newbie tip... I did that on betas because it was simpler then just re run lame dungeons and hope the people you are with are willing to share

She is from Canada and sometimes "collect on delivery" is used there (could be other places as well).

Additionally there is precedence for the term "cash on demand".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839
    Classic Wallstreet shout out yo'
  • BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391

As a lvl 40 currently I would suggest just reaching the later game and farm then. If you come across a blue or a really good green just throw it out in zone chat for cheap.

Better to sell it for just 500 or so than being forced to just vendor it for some 50g. Also, pick up those "Sell to merchant" items. They are worth a bit of coin and you get them often. Not only that but they stack up to I think 100?

• goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272

2). Collect EVERYTHING

Well, if it only would be that easy. The account bank is WAY to small for all the loads and loads of items/recources you find in the game. If you craft in more than one or two professions, your only concern is SPACE, not collecting stuff.

Nice article though.

• chriswsmchriswsm Member UncommonPosts: 383

I quite like the fact that this game makes it quite difficult to build cash at lower levels.  For a start it means the occasional gold seller will have a hard time of it.

I am lvl 20.  I have levelled slow and explored a lot.  I have about 20k in the bank and nice kit most of which I crafted myself.

I also have 4 banking alts to get around the containment issues.  Including my ambassador of logistics; Banky Toon

I used to visit this site a lot however in recent years it has become the home of negative forum posts, illogical opinions and tantrums so I visit less often.

Played or Beta'd: UO / DAOC / Horizons / EQ2 / DDO / EVE / Archlord / PirateKingsOnline / Tabula Rasa / LOTRO / AOC / Champions / Darkfall / Mortal Online / DCUO / Rift / STO / SWTOR / TSW

• ojustabooojustaboo Member UncommonPosts: 65
    It's interesting how ore sells to players for more than ingots but it's the other way round when selling to npcs.

100 iron ore sell for 200 G but turn them into ingots and you will get around 380 G (depending how many ingots it made)
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Ore is more valuable for players than ingots, because you can still earn some crafting xp from it. And to sell it to a vendor for a higher value seems also legit. If I remember correctly, it was the same in every other MMO I played.

Hodor!

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    17k horse is for chumps.  42k horse is the place to be.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Hard to earn gold, seems like an invitation to the gold sellers.
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Its cash on delivery, end of story..  The item is delivered, and cash is paid.  What sense does cash on demand make?  No-ones demanding anything.

Soooo where do you live?? 

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

Cash on demand is what happens in games like EVE. You want to buy something, someone takes your money, then they don't give it too you.

Cash on delivery means you only receive  the item when they receive the money.

COD means cash on delivery. That is the mechanics of the game and also how it works in the real world.