Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High levels at low level anchors...come on

Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
Is this going to be an issue throughout the whole game? I am level 9 at an anchor with level 7 mobs.....so why are people in the high 20's coming and one shotting everything? Reminds me of Rift and how long it took them to make it so higher levels got no benefit from lower level rifts. 
Make MMORPG's Great Again!

Comments

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

actually i'd say they are doing it for the map completion.

having that black anchor on the map does not look cool :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• CoffeeBreakCoffeeBreak Member Posts: 236
    Originally posted by Thane

This is what I'd assume.  Like having the one stupid, bugged quest in a zone that is the only black icon on the map....

I can't imagine there is much benefit from doing a low level anchor, even if you were just trying to be a troll it wouldn't make sense to hangout in a low level zone just hoping that it was active to piss off other people.

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    There is not much benefit to doing anchors at all. And it's not like they're ruining the experience, every anchor I've ever done was scaled/super easy.
  • ElElyonElElyon Member UncommonPosts: 219
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa
    There is not much benefit to doing anchors at all. And it's not like they're ruining the experience, every anchor I've ever done was scaled/super easy.

I agree, I really hope they tweak the anchors. I could have sworn the developers said that they scaled based on how many players were fighting but I don't see that happening.

They also need better loot, a chest should drop at the end with the same loot you would get from a chest you had to lockpick to open. How good the loot is should be based on how many people were there helping.

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    Originally posted by Viper482
    Is this going to be an issue throughout the whole game? I am level 9 at an anchor with level 7 mobs.....so why are people in the high 20's coming and one shotting everything? Reminds me of Rift and how long it took them to make it so higher levels got no benefit from lower level rifts. 

I still constantly find level 60 characters one-shotting level 30 rift events 8(

Most annoying aspect of Rift. I imagine I would be equally upset if this is also occurring in ESO.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Sounds like an easy way to turn that black icon white on your map, how is that bad? It's not like you actually get anything from doing them in fact i've done a few where I got NOTHING, no loot drops at all.
  • DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424
    Originally posted by ElElyon
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa

I agree, I really hope they tweak the anchors. I could have sworn the developers said that they scaled based on how many players were fighting but I don't see that happening.

They also need better loot, a chest should drop at the end with the same loot you would get from a chest you had to lockpick to open. How good the loot is should be based on how many people were there helping.

They only scale up to 4 players. Honestly, i have no idea why only to that number.

• Yoda_CloneYoda_Clone Member Posts: 219

I've only seen a few that weren't outright 100% bugged.  There was thunder and lightning and then a ray of light... and then an anchor... and then nothing.  Zip.  Nada.  Nil.  Nichts.

Some had no mobs spawn at all.  Others spawned one wave of mobs.

NONE of them ever had any kind of reward (to include other than the usual minimal XP) for killing the mobs.

So now I just ignore them except when they drop right on top of me.  It's not worth my time to deviate from wherever I'm going to kill the mobs.

I presume it's just another broken implementation in the game... and hopefully not another poorly designed "feature".

• NatjurNatjur Member UncommonPosts: 125

When your 5 levels higher then the mobs, the player gets no exp and no loot, so they where not farming it. 

No exp also means no fighters guild exp, so they where not doing it for that either.

So that only leaves the 'completion' update

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Being a much higher level character, yes it's for map completion.  I already have anchors up to level 30 done but still no banished cells. QQ
  • theoldgods666theoldgods666 Member Posts: 34
    How badly are quests bugged?
  • EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Thane

This and achievements.   Don't worry, it's one time and done.  They don't get any XP or loot out of it.