Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Borderlands 2: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,115MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

2k's blog has been updated with an announcement that a new Borderlands game is in the works. Called "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel", the game bridges the gap between the original game and Borderlands 2. Characters will play alongside Handsome Jack and bear witness to his catastrophic personality shift prior to Borderlands 2.

Who will those four new playable character classes be, you ask? Well, they are all familiar faces from the Borderlands universe:

• Athena, the Gladiator: Uses her Kinetic Aspis, which is a shield that can absorb incoming damage, then convert it back into energy to use against enemies. Athena made her debut in The Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC for the first Borderlands game.

• Wilhelm, the Enforcer: Wilhelm was previously seen in Borderlands 2 as one of the first deadly bosses in the game.

• Nisha, the Lawbringer: The sheriff of Lynchwood from Borderlands 2, Nisha will be dealing out her own brand of justice, which we'll discuss further in the coming months.

• Claptrap, the Fragtrap: Wait - Claptrap? The goofy robot companion from Borderlands 2, now playable for the first time? Fragtrap is his character class? Well, you can play him too!

Check out the official Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel announcement.

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• VolgoreVolgore Posts: 2,264Member Uncommon
    Best news in a while. And hello Suzie!

• skyhawkeskyhawke Scottsville, VAPosts: 15Member
    On last gen consoles?  Yawn.  Was hoping for bigger and better, not more of what has grown tiresome.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Home, GAPosts: 2,083Member
    Originally posted by skyhawke
    On last gen consoles?  Yawn.  Was hoping for bigger and better, not more of what has grown tiresome.

Well considering neither next gen console is selling nearly as fast as the last gen consoles, not to mention they audience of last gen consoles is probably 20x the size of the next gen ones so far... It's a smart business decision. I have no plans of buying either next gen console for at least 2 or 3 years, there is no reason to.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Managing Editor Berea, OHPosts: 2,496MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon
    It'll be on PC as well. ;)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• KuinnKuinn MestaPosts: 2,093Member

Great news. I had practically given up on shooters until the first Borderlands came out. It was so much fun with the RPG spices in it and that big adventure feel, doubling the experience with a coop! BL2 was great too, a bit repetitive gameplay wise but the story was better and the humour was better, not to mention better char customization etc.

I really wish this game would have more active abilities than the first two games. Many people were a bit let down by BL2 because it still had just 1 ability on top of your gun and grenade (please dont mention melee). The characters would have much more depth and customization gameplay wise if they had 2 or even 3 abilities and every talent tree would have some morphs to these abilites.

Too bad it's not coming to the new consoles, since I just bought a new PC and the game coming to the old consoles means my PC options will be limited by these ancients machines, there's no way they are going to add any major graphics quality options just for the PC alone.

Anyway, good news! Seems like my speculations were a complete miss for a borderlands MMO that the ending of BL2 story very strongly suggested. Borderlands would be a sweet light hearted shooter sandbox with crafting (including vehicle crafting ofcourse!) something that FireFall could have been but missed the mark :)

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Nevada, MOPosts: 2,732Member Uncommon

Borderlands 2 was the first FPS I've been able to get into in many years. I still play it and am looking forward to more.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• orbitxoorbitxo fort lauderdale, FLPosts: 1,438Member Uncommon

awsome game!-best villan of the century not sure how i feel working with him on this  prequel and seeing his good side?